Intel Compiler with VC6

Hi All:

Does naybody have any experience with using the Intel compiler with VC6?
This compiler is plug-in compatible with the VC6 compiler, and produces
compatible bimaries. So for $399 you get what many peoplewant: the VC6
IDE with a modern compiler.

Speaking of which, has nobody succeded in replacing the MS compiler in
VC6 with that from VC7 or VC8? Why is it so difficult?

David Wilkinson
0
no-reply8010 (1791)
12/27/2005 2:19:08 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Simple constructor problem
I've got two public constructors and one private one: class A { public: A(int SomeVal); A(double SomeVal); private: A(); BOOL bFlag; } What I thought would be a good idea is to put some default construction in the default constructor, and call that constructor from both the others, A::A(int SomeVal){ A(); } A::A() { bFlag = FALSE; } but calling A() seems to create a new instance of A (the debugger shows different values of this in the A(int) and A() functions). this->A() produces a compiler error This is right is it? Maybe I should read my How To Program C++ books all over again....

Applications Responding Slowly on iMac with Intel
I just purchased the new iMac with the Intel processor. (I am also a new Mac user.) When I am using Microsoft Office, everything is responding slowly. For example, it can take 30-45 seconds to launch Excel. Also, when I'm executing certain actions within the applications, I sometimes get the "beachball" icon and everything is moving slowly overall. Applecare has no anwers for me, and I've taken the computer into the store for a diagnostic and everything came out clean with respect to my hardware. Has anyone else had this problem? You didn't specify, but I'm as...

How do I compile an excel application for online distribution.?
I developed a new excel worksheet for real estate users and want to sell it online. How do I compile the file for distribution..? Any help would be greatly appreciatted. This may help you a bit: http://www.officearticles.com/misc/purchasing_vba_programming_for_microsoft_office_applications.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "FMRR" <FMRR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C49E01BC-BAF8-48C7-B660-225B61EB47E3@microsoft.com... >I developed a new excel worksheet for real estate users and want to sell it > online. How do I compile the file for...

DAO issue for MFC while migrating VC6 to VC7
My Below code works in VC6 fine but when I create constarints it fails in VC7.0 using MFC. HElp me ou void CDbfileDlg::OnButton1() // TODO: Add your control notification handler code her getch() AfxMessageBox("hi file"); CDaoTableDef tableDef(&dbMdb) CDaoTableDef tableDef1(&dbMdb) CDaoTableDef tableDefop(&dbMdb) //CDaoTableDef tableDefop(&dbMdb) CDaoTableDef tableDefeop(&dbMdb) CDaoTableDef tableDefflags(&dbMdb) CDaoTableDef tableDefflagset(&dbMdb) CDaoIndexInfo idx CDaoIndexFieldInfo fld; dbMdb.Create("c:\\rrrtest1.mdb&q...

Office 2004 on Intel Macs
I'm planning on purchasing a new Intel-based MacBook (announced yesterday), but I also recently purchased Office 2004. I'm concerned that Office will not be compatible or run poorly using Apple's Rosetta interpreter. Is there any information out there from Microsoft or otherwise commenting on this compatibility? Will MS offer free upgrades to the universal binary versions? On 1/11/06 4:05 PM, "laurencemayer@yahoo.com" wrote: > I'm planning on purchasing a new Intel-based MacBook (announced > yesterday), but I also recently purchased Office 2004. I'm conc...

PC Emulator for the new Intel Macs.
Hi, I am considering switching to the Mac. Now that the new Intel Mac has been released, my concern is not having a PC emulator for those few PC based apps that I have not found or are not ready to substitute yet. Questions: (1) Does anyone have a word on when the Virtual PC will work for the Intel based Macs? (2) Does anyone use another PC amulator that they can reccommend? (3) Any other idea to address this need? Thanks so much. Martin. you'll want to check this out, newly posted on macrumors.com, on OpenOSX http://www.macrumors.com/ There is also WINE / Darwine, this is what ...

How to compile the section? #3
Hi, Can you please tell me how to compile the section? Thanks ! ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; # include "gdiplus.h" VOID Example_DrawLine(HDC hdc) { Graphics graphics(hdc); // Create a Pen object. Pen blackPen(Color(255, 0, 0, 0), 3); // Create two Point objects that define the line. Point point1(100, 100); Point point2(500, 100); // Draw the line. graphics.DrawLine(&blackPen, point1, point2); } ...

Conditionally compile for VS2003 SP1
Hi, Does anybody know how I can conditionally compile for VS2003 SP1 (as opposed to not having the service pack installed). As far as I can tell neither _MSC_VER nor _MFC_VER has changed. Is there another symbol I can use? Cheers, Amadeus Its different _MFC_VER for each version of VS. Are you asking for conditional compile for VS2003 SP1 vs VS2003? That would not make much sense as its the same version. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Amadeus" <amadeus@acme.com> wrote in message news:#YJlJt3xGHA.3844@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Does any...

Print in VC6 ?
I used ODBC (CDatabase,CRecordset) to open "Product" table in my database file >> and I want to print this table >> Is there a way to print easily ? and a question these declarations are different ? 1) CMyClass o1,o2,o3; 2) CMyClass *p1,*p2,*p3; which decleration is flexibler (fast run and use less memory) when I should use a object like *p1 or o1 thank you very much On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 12:48:39 -0700, "beginner" <skidrow406@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: >I used ODBC (CDatabase,CRecordset) to open "Product" table >in my database file >>...

Office vX for Mac and Intel?
Hi, i have Office v.X and now have the Intel laptop with 10.4.7. Im finding that Office is running very slow for my taste, and while everyone is saying Office 2004 will run fairly well with Intel until a native version arrives in 2007 or later, I have yet to find info on how vX compares to 2004 on this machine. If its similar, I'd rather wait to upgrade next year than pay for 2004 now. Please advise.... Thanks! Amanda. Hi Amanda, v.X and 2004 both use Rosetta technology to work, so I would expect the speed to be roughly the same for each version. From what I can gather the next ...

MFC unicode compilation problem
Hi there, When compiling MFC application with _UNICODE,UNICODE, I get the following link errors. This doesn't happen when compiled without unicode. msvcrt.lib(crtexew.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _WinMain@16 Thanks "MFC" <MFC@mfc.com> wrote in message news:eD7dOB7qEHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi there, > When compiling MFC application with _UNICODE,UNICODE, I get > the following link errors. This doesn't happen when compiled without > unicode. > > msvcrt.lib(crtexew.obj) : error LNK2001: unres...

Will my Office OS X updated to 10.1.9 run on my new Intel nased Mac
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have Office for Mac OS X, uppdated to 10.1.9., on my old 10.3.9 G4. I am taking delivery of an Intel based Macbook Pro running 10.5 Will my old Office run on Leopard? If not, is the Home/Student Version equivalent, or do I have to buy the much more expensive Office 2008? Can you get rebates? You've actually raised several issues here, so see the in-line responses: On 6/28/09 12:27 PM, in article 59b773f8.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Sparkswj72@aol.com@officeformac.com" <Sparkswj72@aol.com@officeform...

HP Pavilion Intel 8200 runs slower than other Intel Q8200
I have an HP p6140f+, Pavilion Q8200 Intel CPU desktop. Windows 7, 8 GB of RAM. After I have defragged the C drive perfectly, deleted all cookies, significantly reduced Restore points, have no applications loaded other than ESET NOD32 AV, Graphic PCI Express 9400 GT, and running Passmark Performance Test, version 7, after the many tests are done this new desktop gets an overall score of 691. When I get the worldwide database for the same CPU Q8200 and the same Graphics card and the same (or less RAM I find overall scores of 1220, 1144, 1191, 1292 and higher. Talking to HP ...

compile error in module
I have a short cut on two computers that goto my excel2002 speadsheet o a third computer. I have a commandbutton on the spreadsheet to open a filedialaog; module4 general _OpenFiledialogWindow Sub OpenFiledialogWindow() Dim fd As FileDialog Set fd = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFilePicker) fd.InitialFileName = "\\greg\greg\bids\" fd.Show End Sub One computer with the shortcut works fine, but the other returns a error; Compile error: User-Defined type not defined Any help would be appreciated. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I think you need to...

declaring a function that returns an enum
More of a straightforward C question this one :-) AND I'm sure it normally works, just not on the workstation I'm currently working on #include "Windows.h" #define WIN32_LEANANDMEAN class Test { public: Test(); private: enum MYENUM { ENUM_1=1, ENUM_2=2 }; MYENUM fn1(){return ENUM_1;} //no compile errors MYENUM fn2(); }; Test::Test() { } //THis function causes a load of compiler errors: MYENUM Test::fn2() { return ENUM_2; } C:\temp\Test.cpp(31) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before 'tag::id' C:\temp\Test.cpp(31) : er...

compile warnings on CArray with 64-bit warnings enabled
All declarations of a CArray seem to give a compile warning similar to the following: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\atlmfc\include\afxtempl.h(1773) : warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'DWORD_PTR' to 'DWORD', possible loss of data C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\atlmfc\include\atlsimpstr.h(387) : while compiling class-template member function 'void CMap<KEY,ARG_KEY,VALUE,ARG_VALUE>::Serialize(CArchive &)' with [ KEY=CString, ARG_KEY=LPCTSTR, ...

windows 7 x64 lockup on intel d975xbx2 motherboard
I turned on my file sharing for my windows 7 x64 desktop yesterday. Since then I have had 3 lockups (the mouse works but there is no response otherwise). I was using the standard device drivers installed by windows x64. I went to the intel website for my intel d975xbx2 motherboard and confirmed that I have the latest BIOS. I also found a vista x64 network device driver and installed that over the standard MS device driver for the motherboard intel pro/1000 pl network connection. So far, I have yet to lockup my pc but the day is young. Does anyone have any advice here ? My cpu...

Reflection and compiler inlining
Hi all, Does anyone know if making calls to System.Reflection.MethodBase.GetCurrentMethod is reliable in an optimised, Release Build .NET app? I know the JITter can do some inline optimisations, and if it does will GetCurrentMethod reflect the calling method (i.e. the one this method was inlined into), or the containing method? I've Googled but have found contradicting information, and there is no indication in the MSDN online help about what to expect (whereas there is for the StackFrame methods). Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks, Alex "Alex ...

stupid newbie questioni: compiling etc...
Hi I'm a newbie to c++, mfc etc so I know this is going to be probably the most stupiud question posted this week...lol but here goes.. When I have compiled my apps they work fine on this machine but not on others {apparently complaining about a dll missing}now I know this is due to the dll being required and I imagine its the MFC one. at the moment in the books I am learning from they suggest using a shared dll is this the problem? I tried getting the dll required [MFCLOC.DLL i renamed it from the regional one] copied to the system32 folder but still, no joy. Basically all I want is to b...

INTEL Assembler
Does any one know what instructions disable and enable interrupts on a PENTIUM 4 3.0 GHz Processor with Hyper-Threading Technology? -- Engineering On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 01:55:05 -0700, C Hill MBSC <CHillMBSC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does any one know what instructions disable and enable interrupts on a >PENTIUM 4 3.0 GHz Processor with Hyper-Threading Technology? I don't know... Trying comp.lang.asm.x86? MrAsm But what exactly you're trying to achieve by disabling interrupts? KeRaiseIrql or KeAcquireInterruptSpinlock is not good enough? "C Hill MBSC&...

Can't compile at VC++ Express Edition 2008
Hi I just switched to window programming. I have a code which I can compile and run under Unix, but I cant compile it at Window VC++ Express Edition 2008. Here is some part of my code cpp-trick.h #if !defined(PACKET) || !defined(INTEGER) || !defined(STRING) #error Not all necessary macros were defined. #endif PACKET(Auth, STRING(username) STRING(password) ) PACKET(Ack, INTEGER(status) STRING(error_text) ) #undef PACKET #undef INTEGER #undef STRING typedef enum { #define INTEGER(name) #define STRING(name) #define PACKET(name, fields...

Windows Server 2008, Intel Xenon 7500 series SQL Server 2008?
What challenges will the Intel Xeon 7500 series together with Windows Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2008 R2 help address for my business? That question is kind of off topic since this is a SBS Forum However, This might help http://download.intel.com/pressroom/kits/xeon/7500series/pdf/Xeon_7500_Quotes.pdf Russ -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC Small Business Server/Computer Support - www.SBITS.Biz Question or Second Opinion - www.PersonalITConsultant.com BPOS - Microsoft Online Services - www.Microsoft-Online-Services.com http://www.twitter...

MIDL Compiler?
Hi, I have one VC++ project and i wanna know how it has created! Meaning whether it is MFC or Win32 Console or App or ATL... Project Settings->General I could see it is Non-MFC project. Okay now how to narrow down my Q with other projects settings? NOTE- When i build the project: Creating Type Library... Microsoft (R) MIDL Compiler Version 5.01.0164 Hence, i hope it is COM related project but i'm naive to COM/ActiveX... Could u guys help me to find out what project it is? Thanks in Advance! Rajan > I have one VC++ project and i wanna know how it has created! > Meaning w...

Transferring 2008 Entourage Data/Identity from iMac G5 to iMac Intel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I'm trying to transfer all my data - emails, contacts, accounts, etc. from my G5 iMac to my Intel iMac but get errors when I try - how can I accomplish this? The computers are currently connected via sharing. On 2010-02-03 01:20:17 -0500, natechicago@officeformac.com said: > I'm trying to transfer all my data - emails, contacts, accounts, etc. > from my G5 iMac to my Intel iMac but get errors when I try - how can I > accomplish this? The computers are currently conne...

not CLSCompliant but the compilers is happy anyway
Hi! Here I have a simple program that is not CLSCompliant because of two things 1. Two methods with same name but differ in case. 2. The program return an uint which should not be CLSCompliant As you can see I have declared the CLSCompliantAttribute as an assembly attribut but the compilers is happy and give not a single warning about this. Can somebody explain this ? using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.Text; [assembly: CLSCompliantAttribute(true)] namespace ConsoleApplication8 { class Program { uint tal = 2; public uint ...