INTEL Assembler

Does any one know what instructions disable and enable interrupts on a
PENTIUM 4 3.0 GHz Processor with Hyper-Threading Technology?
--
Engineering
0

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 01:55:05 -0700, C Hill MBSC
<CHillMBSC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Does any one know what instructions disable and enable interrupts on a
>PENTIUM 4 3.0 GHz Processor with Hyper-Threading Technology?

I don't know...

Trying comp.lang.asm.x86?

MrAsm
0
mrasm (715)
3/15/2007 8:59:30 AM
But what exactly you're trying to achieve by disabling interrupts?
KeRaiseIrql or KeAcquireInterruptSpinlock is not good enough?

"C Hill MBSC" <CHillMBSC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does any one know what instructions disable and enable interrupts on a
> PENTIUM 4 3.0 GHz Processor with Hyper-Threading Technology?
> --
> Engineering

0
alegr (1130)

Applications Responding Slowly on iMac with Intel
I just purchased the new iMac with the Intel processor. (I am also a new Mac user.) When I am using Microsoft Office, everything is responding slowly. For example, it can take 30-45 seconds to launch Excel. Also, when I'm executing certain actions within the applications, I sometimes get the "beachball" icon and everything is moving slowly overall. Applecare has no anwers for me, and I've taken the computer into the store for a diagnostic and everything came out clean with respect to my hardware. Has anyone else had this problem? You didn't specify, but I'm as...

Office 2004 on Intel Macs
I'm planning on purchasing a new Intel-based MacBook (announced yesterday), but I also recently purchased Office 2004. I'm concerned that Office will not be compatible or run poorly using Apple's Rosetta interpreter. Is there any information out there from Microsoft or otherwise commenting on this compatibility? Will MS offer free upgrades to the universal binary versions? On 1/11/06 4:05 PM, "laurencemayer@yahoo.com" wrote: > I'm planning on purchasing a new Intel-based MacBook (announced > yesterday), but I also recently purchased Office 2004. I'm conc...

PC Emulator for the new Intel Macs.
Hi, I am considering switching to the Mac. Now that the new Intel Mac has been released, my concern is not having a PC emulator for those few PC based apps that I have not found or are not ready to substitute yet. Questions: (1) Does anyone have a word on when the Virtual PC will work for the Intel based Macs? (2) Does anyone use another PC amulator that they can reccommend? (3) Any other idea to address this need? Thanks so much. Martin. you'll want to check this out, newly posted on macrumors.com, on OpenOSX http://www.macrumors.com/ There is also WINE / Darwine, this is what ...

Office vX for Mac and Intel?
Hi, i have Office v.X and now have the Intel laptop with 10.4.7. Im finding that Office is running very slow for my taste, and while everyone is saying Office 2004 will run fairly well with Intel until a native version arrives in 2007 or later, I have yet to find info on how vX compares to 2004 on this machine. If its similar, I'd rather wait to upgrade next year than pay for 2004 now. Please advise.... Thanks! Amanda. Hi Amanda, v.X and 2004 both use Rosetta technology to work, so I would expect the speed to be roughly the same for each version. From what I can gather the next ...

Mixed mode assembly is built against version 'v2.0.50727' of the runtime and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime ... Please, how to solve this
Hello, I am working with VS 2010 / NET 4.0 to create a simple WPF / C# application. I am using the following assemblies: Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Sdk.Sfc Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo The project builds fine but when I run it I get the following error: Mixed mode assembly is built against version 'v2.0.50727' of the runtime and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime without additional configuration information. Does anyone knows how to solve this problem? Is this because my NET is 4.0 and the assemblies are in 2.0? If t...

Make assembly items inactive?
We have treated our reconditioned used bikes as assemblies with labor & std items added to the serial bike item. I am cleaning up our inventory list and can find no way of making assemblies inactive when they are no longer available. Is this because an assembly is rather like a template where items are not committed until they are sold. In this case meaning that deleting an assembly would not loose the sales history of it's individual items. Some please correct me if I am wrong. And, all things considered, does it not seem that my used bikes would be better handled as a "...

Will my Office OS X updated to 10.1.9 run on my new Intel nased Mac
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have Office for Mac OS X, uppdated to 10.1.9., on my old 10.3.9 G4. I am taking delivery of an Intel based Macbook Pro running 10.5 Will my old Office run on Leopard? If not, is the Home/Student Version equivalent, or do I have to buy the much more expensive Office 2008? Can you get rebates? You've actually raised several issues here, so see the in-line responses: On 6/28/09 12:27 PM, in article 59b773f8.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Sparkswj72@aol.com@officeformac.com" <Sparkswj72@aol.com@officeform...

How does one share a private assembly dll between dependent dlls?
Hello, I am developing an application in Visual Studio 2005 using C++/MFC. I found that this application does not run on a clean computer unless I install VS2005, the vcredist_x86 package, or copy the Microsoft.VC80.MFC, Microsoft.VC80.CRT and Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC folders along with the application. The two first options are out of the question since I can't expect the customer to install these. Not even the vcredist_x86 package because, as far as I know, it requires Administrator rights on the target machine. So this leaves me with the third option, to include the VC80 dlls in the inst...

HP Pavilion Intel 8200 runs slower than other Intel Q8200
I have an HP p6140f+, Pavilion Q8200 Intel CPU desktop. Windows 7, 8 GB of RAM. After I have defragged the C drive perfectly, deleted all cookies, significantly reduced Restore points, have no applications loaded other than ESET NOD32 AV, Graphic PCI Express 9400 GT, and running Passmark Performance Test, version 7, after the many tests are done this new desktop gets an overall score of 691. When I get the worldwide database for the same CPU Q8200 and the same Graphics card and the same (or less RAM I find overall scores of 1220, 1144, 1191, 1292 and higher. Talking to HP ...

windows 7 x64 lockup on intel d975xbx2 motherboard
I turned on my file sharing for my windows 7 x64 desktop yesterday. Since then I have had 3 lockups (the mouse works but there is no response otherwise). I was using the standard device drivers installed by windows x64. I went to the intel website for my intel d975xbx2 motherboard and confirmed that I have the latest BIOS. I also found a vista x64 network device driver and installed that over the standard MS device driver for the motherboard intel pro/1000 pl network connection. So far, I have yet to lockup my pc but the day is young. Does anyone have any advice here ? My cpu...

INTEL Assembler
Does any one know what instructions disable and enable interrupts on a PENTIUM 4 3.0 GHz Processor with Hyper-Threading Technology? -- Engineering On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 01:55:05 -0700, C Hill MBSC <CHillMBSC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does any one know what instructions disable and enable interrupts on a >PENTIUM 4 3.0 GHz Processor with Hyper-Threading Technology? I don't know... Trying comp.lang.asm.x86? MrAsm But what exactly you're trying to achieve by disabling interrupts? KeRaiseIrql or KeAcquireInterruptSpinlock is not good enough? "C Hill MBSC&...

Assembly
Hi We assemble units in GP (our units is under warranty) sometimes they come back often we only need to change certain items inside the unit - what would the procedure on GP be for doing this - "dis-assemble" Neil Techknowledge Article #903696 offers a lengthy discussion of this. As far as I know there is no disassemble transaction in Inventory BOM or Manufacturing. "Neil" wrote: > Hi > > We assemble units in GP (our units is under warranty) sometimes they come > back > often we only need to change certain items inside the unit - what would the ...

Windows Server 2008, Intel Xenon 7500 series SQL Server 2008?
What challenges will the Intel Xeon 7500 series together with Windows Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2008 R2 help address for my business? That question is kind of off topic since this is a SBS Forum However, This might help http://download.intel.com/pressroom/kits/xeon/7500series/pdf/Xeon_7500_Quotes.pdf Russ -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC Small Business Server/Computer Support - www.SBITS.Biz Question or Second Opinion - www.PersonalITConsultant.com BPOS - Microsoft Online Services - www.Microsoft-Online-Services.com http://www.twitter...

Kit or Assembly
I want to be able to create a kit or assembly, using a Matrix Item Lookup Number. I sell bowling equipment and the kit to contain the Matrix of one particule ball with the various weights, shoes with various sizes and different bags for one price. When trying to do this, I have to select one from each category. This would create alot of Item Lookup Numbers if I have to do one for each. Suggestions? I have a similar problem with mattresses and mattress sets. A dozen different models, each with at least seven different sizes and either sold separately or as sets with a box spring--w...

Intel Version
Anybody know when the MacIntel version of Office will be available? I need to know also!!! On 2/4/06 8:21 AM, in article C00A1475.94D1%michael@qamera.com, "Michael Jardine" <michael@qamera.com> wrote: > Anybody know when the MacIntel version of Office will be available? You can use Office right now on MacIntels, it uses Rosetta. According to all reports to date, it works very well there without much appreciable slowdown, so there's no need to worry about getting a MacIntel. For an Intel-native version of Office (actually it will be a "universal binary" v...

Transferring 2008 Entourage Data/Identity from iMac G5 to iMac Intel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I'm trying to transfer all my data - emails, contacts, accounts, etc. from my G5 iMac to my Intel iMac but get errors when I try - how can I accomplish this? The computers are currently connected via sharing. On 2010-02-03 01:20:17 -0500, natechicago@officeformac.com said: > I'm trying to transfer all my data - emails, contacts, accounts, etc. > from my G5 iMac to my Intel iMac but get errors when I try - how can I > accomplish this? The computers are currently conne...

Bill Of Materials
Hi, I have a Bill of Material set up for a client that has one subassembly with a Cost Type set up as "Setup" and Design Quantity as 1, and 10 other components that have a Cost Type as "Per Unit". The normal Batch run is for an Assemble Quantity of 200. When an item is assembled (transactions --> Inventory --> Assembly entry), everything goes fine if the design Quantity for the subassembly remains as 1. The issue is when there is a batch run that utilizes only half of the design quantity (Assemble Quantity = 100 in this case), the user goes and changes the ...

Intel wlan 2200bg driver for W98?
I have a Fujitsu S7010 laptop, but there's no (that I can find) wireless driver for W98. Can anyone recommend an equivalent one that would work? I have read that the 2100b would do, but the driver file I downloaded from intel only has xp and 2000 support. -- Cheers! Esra Sdrawkcab wrote: > I have a Fujitsu S7010 laptop, but there's no (that I can find) wireless > driver for W98. Can anyone recommend an equivalent one that would work? > > I have read that the 2100b would do, but the driver file I downloaded > from intel only has xp and 2000 suppo...

New releases for Office Mac Universal for Intel based macs ????
Does anyone know if Microsoft has announced a release date for Microsoft Office for the intel core duo??? I read the Q & A on the mactopia and it said that its going to take time to develop it because they released the intel core duo computers early, but that was in April and i'm sure they already started developing it for intel macs. But there's still no updated information, anywhere!! So for the good of all intel mac fans everwhere, does anyone have any information on the prodution progress or relase dates for Microsoft office mac released in Universal format?? thanks, -Jay ...

Will Office 2004 professional work on intel mac
I know it sound strange, im a student i can buy student teacher for =A3100, or i can use a authorized Microsoft education seller and get pro for just =A350. according to the Microsoft mac site they say use s&t or standard as virtual pc dont work on and intel mac. but my question is will pro install on a intel mac as all i want is word and excel and powerpoint. also does the install let you choose the componet you want to install or does it have to install VPC anyway? On 8/23/07 4:28 PM, in article 1187911714.979433.52440@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com, "bluetide@gmail.com" <blu...

Intel Compiler with VC6
Hi All: Does naybody have any experience with using the Intel compiler with VC6? This compiler is plug-in compatible with the VC6 compiler, and produces compatible bimaries. So for $399 you get what many peoplewant: the VC6 IDE with a modern compiler. Speaking of which, has nobody succeded in replacing the MS compiler in VC6 with that from VC7 or VC8? Why is it so difficult? David Wilkinson ...

ANN: MacOffice on Intel-based Macs
Cross-posted! to 6 public MS Office newsgroups. Delete extraneous groups if you have application-specific responses or comments, please, or simply start a new thread for discussion. MacBU FAQ on Intel Macs http://www.microsoft.com/mac/default.aspx?pid=macIntelQA I just noticed, dated 30 January 2006, an FAQ on the MacBU site about MS MacOffice on the Intel-based Macs. As many people have posted questions on these groups, it seemed appropriate to publicize the FAQ, which has links to various press releases and an interview with the head of the MacBU, webpages which also address such questio...

office 2004 for intel processors
compared to running office 2004 on a mac wit ha G4 processor, how well will office 2004 run on the 13" macbook without any added RAM and a 2.0 GHz processor On 14/6/06 18:01, in article 1150304508.159125.301690@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com, "putyourhandsupinaduck@hotmail.com" <putyourhandsupinaduck@hotmail.com> wrote: > compared to running office 2004 on a mac wit ha G4 processor, how well > will office 2004 run on the 13" macbook without any added RAM and a 2.0 > GHz processor > <http://homepage.mac.com/barryw/weblog/files/6476b7eefb6e2efb61eedab0...

display off at intel atom board
I found the lcd panel can't go power off at suspend mode. When I used lx800, it worked well. any modificaton should need for it? although AMD LX800 and ATOM are both x86 processors they are quite different, so their BSP's and their display device drivers. You have to figure out yourself why the display does not act correctly, using the debugger for example -- Luca Calligaris (MVP-Windows Embedded) l.calligaris.nospam@eurotech.it.nospam www.eurotech.it "daniel" <daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:4F290303-F3A0-4F6D-...

how to edit the access right of C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\
I test website, ant get Compiler error: CS0016 Access is denied Compiler need read files from C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\ I could not see the folders under C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\ in explorer. and I can access these file from Command window so these files are there I try to set the security let NETWORK SERVICE and IIS_IUSER have read right but perperty window of assembly folder does not have security tab. help and suggestion needed. Thanks "MXC" <mxchen100@hotmail.com> wrote: >I test website, ant get Compiler error: CS0016 Access is denied > &g...