Included AfxImpl.h - Now get link error

I'm trying to implement a change of defaults in the Print Setup Dialog
according to KB Article 166130. In order to define AfxGetFileTitle and
afxData (used in ViewPrnt.cpp) I had to include AfxImpl.h, which was
found in the MFC Source directory.

Now there is a link error:
unresolved external symbol "class CProcessLocal<class _AFX_WIN_STATE>
_afxWinState" (?_afxWinState@@3V?$CProcessLocal@V_AFX_WIN_STATE@@@@A)

I found CProcessLocal and _AFX_WIN_STATE defined in AFXSTAT_.H and
AFXTLS_.H, but including them didn't help.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rick

0
Rick7596 (41)
5/5/2005 10:07:20 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

How to get documents to open in normal height?
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC How do I get documents to open in normal height? New documents are suddenly opening in the entire height of the screen. &quot;Zoom&quot; function has no effect. I have checked all the view settings, general, etc. I have to manually shorten the documents. I have verified all the settings--view, general, style, auto-style, etc. Thank you so much. -Patricia I have the same problem with Word 2004 11.5.6 and Snow Leopard 10.6.3. Very annoying. I tried opening Normal and correcting it, but to no avail. <...

Anyone know where I can get a copy of 5.5 Enterprise?
Allright, here's my dilemma, I reached the 16 gigabyte limit of my Exchange 5.5 standard. I cleared out some mail boxes and did the Exchange defrag and got some space back to limp around for the time being. I purchased Ex2k3 enterprise last week (planning on migrating in the next month or so) and tried to get the media of 5.5 from Microsoft with no luck.. Microsoft fulfillment doesn't carry 5.5 any longer! Some babble about only retaining one version back. Anywho, I worked with my regional MS sales rep to try to find a copy in state (Arizona) and we were unable to get find one (Th...

I want to get rid of this message!
"The contents of this appointment have been updated." Office 2009, WinXP Please Help! Wendy Oops.....I meant Office 2007! "Wendymel" wrote: > "The contents of this appointment have been updated." > > Office 2009, WinXP > > Please Help! > > Wendy Under what circumstances are you seeing that message? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4la...

Is there a way to get AutoScroll scroll to fire event during scrol
I have a component with AutoScroll set to true. When scrollbars are visible and I start adjusting it it does not repaint my component until I let go off the scroll bar. I would like it to continuously fire events as I scroll it instead of wait for me to let go. Is this possible? For good example just use the scorll bar on your browser right now. See how it repaint the page while you scroll instead of waiting for you to let go ? Thats what I would like to have trant wrote: > I have a component with AutoScroll set to true. > > When scrollbars are visible and ...

data dictionary memory allocation error
I carried out an upgrade v7.5 based on c-tree to 7.5 based on msde but this did not go flawlessly. Now when I run great plains I get the error: "data dictionary memory allocation error" I need help to be able to move from here because I need to upgrade to version 9 and to do that I will need version 7.5 to be working well. I have edited the Dynamics.set file according to help from the forums but still get the same error. Thanks Mugabi I have had this problem when I have tried to delete a product from the Dynamics.set file. I would do a new install of the Dynamics client, i...

XmlResolver and xsl:include
Have been doing a fair amount of reading but at this point no joy. The scenario is - XSL template is stored within db. - Template has a xsl:include statement as <xsl:include href="inc.template.methods.xsl"/> I now I have to pass a resolver when I use the load method so that it understands the xsl include as in: ' object template is custom class to retrieve templates from the db dim template as new objTemplate dim myresolver as xmlresolver dim mytransfrom as xmltransform ' template.xmlDocRunTime returns a xmldocument object mytransform.load(template.xmlDocRunTim...

How to hide Group management links in the Navigation pane of Calen
Hi, I am trying to maximise the number of month calendars, that can be displayed in the top part of the Navigation pane. To free up the space, the links in the lower part ("How to Share Calendars", "Open a Shared Calendar...", "Search Calendars Online", ...) seem like prime candidates for removal. How do I hide those? Thanks in advance You can't. FWIW; they are removed in Outlook 2010. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and...

In Access, How do I hide records, but include them in the total
I'm running a report where I have work orders. They are grouped by appr and comp. I need to create a report that will show all the appr tickets, but give me a total count of appr and comp. I have the report generated the way I want, with total count, but how do i hide just the comp tickets. xeoimom wrote: >I'm running a report where I have work orders. They are grouped by appr and >comp. I need to create a report that will show all the appr tickets, but >give me a total count of appr and comp. I have the report generated the way >I want, with total count, but ...

Get Help with Microsoft Office From Paid Experts!!\
Hi Everyone, My name is Richard Day. I have just launched my new Online Consulting Firm. My firm does something that has never been done before - Bring Computing Experts and customers together online, in a cost-effective one-on-one environment. The environment of the firm is based around a forum. The forum style allows users to browse the questions and answers of other members of the forums before you ask your own questions. Please Visit us at www.TheEnterKey.com. We currently offer expert help in the following fields: - WEB LANGUAGES (HTML & XHTML, Javascript, XML, CSS, Perl, PHP...

How do I get a table to flow onto a second page
My table is too big to fit on one page. How can I get it to flow/wrap onto a second page? You can't in Publisher. You can in Word. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ajbrough" <ajbrough@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F73141CB-D4CB-4BA3-9517-2BCC613AE237@microsoft.com... > My table is too big to fit on one page. How can I get it to flow/wrap onto a > second page? ...

get the username of the logged on user
I am creating a windows service which is running under Localsystem account. How can i find out the username of the currently logged in user. GetUserName() function returns "SYSTEM". Even the GetTempPath() function returns the path of systems temp directory. And every access to HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry key gives me wrong information as the current user in such case is .Default Can anyone please tell me a way to find out the name of the logged in windows user??? The service has to run in system context so i cant change it. Thanks in Advance... "Rohit Kumar" <Roh...

Linking Between Workbooks
Hi, Excel hasn't been preserving my linkage between workbooks. Any idea why this is the case? For example: I open a July Returns Analysis workbook and save it as August Returns Analysis. I then update all the workbooks that the August workbook will be linked to. I go to Edit, Links, Update Now for each link, then I save the file. Sometimes, after the workbook has been open for a while the numbers revert back to what they were before I went through the link update process (i.e. they revert back to July's numbers). I noticed that this occurs specifically when I open July&...

How do I check error result occurring by filecopy function in VBA
I writing in VBA for excell. My program calls the filecopy function in a private function. If filecopy fails, the program should analyze it and return with a failure value to the main subrotine that calld the fuction (in a success execution of filecopy, the function returns the workbook object of the new destination file). How can I check the status of the execution? How can I found out if the returnd workbook object has value or it's empty? Thanks Hi I tend to do something like Err.clear 'err is not destroyed when the sub ends On Error Resume Next 'do the co...

#includes
I'm looking over my files this evening, and I'm noticing that some of my #includes (of my own header files) are in my .h files, while some are in my ..cpp files. Sometimes I have used incomplete class declarations as well. I have tried to find some good reading to help me understand this whole thing, but haven't so far. Could I get a bit of advice on this? I don't know if this is related, but one of my source files won't give me any of those "smart tips" when the cursor passes over various objects, unless it is something that I have declared in that file itsel...

Sequencing Error in Payroll
GP10 - Error says, "Employees listed on this report will not be paid in this pay run due to sequencing issues. Changes will need to be made to employee deduction maintenance or employee sequencing before these checks can be processed". What restrictions are there on the sequencing of deductions? There are other employees with the same set of deductions that process without errors. The report shows that on the first deduction the attempted amount is $10.79, but the Actual amount is $708.97 which is the balance after taxes, so there is no money left for the second deduction. Wh...

Why is it so hard to get support?
On the "customersource" website, I am trying to email in a new customer support request. What a piece of junk. I get to this "SELECT PAYMENT" screen asking to pick one of the following: O Professional Support License/Contract Professional (5-pack),Open License Value (OLV), and other contracts (Access ID required) O Software Assurance License: for servers only (Software Assurance Access ID required) WHAT THE HE|| IS THAT? No explanations, no way to get more info to know what to pick. So the only thing I can pick since RMS is not a 'SERVER'...

Unable to get the Interior property of the PlotArea class
Hi, I'm using Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel and VB.Net with ASP.Net to create an Excel workbook with an Excel chart in a worksheet. Most of the code works that I developed in VBA. The chart is created. But, it fails to find any properties or methods of the PlotArea class. Even though they are "available" in the context menu. This line works: xlApp.ActiveChart.ChartArea.Border.LineStyle = 0 But this fails: xlApp.ActiveChart.PlotArea.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone with the error message "Unable to get the Interior property of the PlotArea class" (xlNone is a constant) ...

How do I get rid of the error "can't shift object off sheet"
I am using data groups and outline in excel 2003. When I want to minimize a grouping, I am receiving the error message "cant shift object off sheet" How do I solve this message On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 12:20:03 -0700, MStuck <MStuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using data groups and outline in excel 2003. When I want to minimize a >grouping, I am receiving the error message "cant shift object off sheet" > >How do I solve this message The usual cause of this is described here, along with the necessary fixes: http://support.microsoft.com/defau...

CoMarshall Error
operating system:XP Language:VC++ 6.0 ************************************************************ i am in a position to migrate my project from windows NT to Windows XP. while doing so i got struck with com based error. one of my component fails when it notifies the client. while advising All the clients will register itself(marshalling) in the GIT and will be collected in the vector. In the server part the registered client will be retrieved from the vector and will notify the client.The server side is coding is given below.The strange part in the code is when i try to call sub(...

Including MDA information in transaction edit reports
GP 8.0 I would like to include MDA entry with the AP transaction edit list so the input can be reviewed before releasing a batch for posting. Same thing applies to our invoicing. What is the best way to accomplish this task? I have coded this once for a customer. The only method that can work seamlessly is a Dexterity customisation which uses a trigger to add extra lines into the temporary table used for the report just prior to printing. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer - Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (f...

copy contents including colour
Hi In cells A1:B73 I have a list of contacts which are colour coded. What I want to be able to do is to be able to enter the name of 1 of the contacts in lets say G1 and it will search for that name in A1:B73 and automatically copy its colour code over. Many thanks for any help. Al Hi, I'm assuming that the colour codeing isn't a result of conditional formatting and it's simply a fill colour. To do this you need VB. Alt+F11 to open vb editor. Double click the worksheet that this data are on and paste the code in on the right. Close VB editor and type your name...

Runtime Error 2001 you canceled the previous operation
Dear all Eperts I have write VBA code like this Private Sub calenstart_Click() Me.Filter = "startdate='" & calenstart.Value & "'" Me.FilterOn = True End Sub when i click on my calendar it show message error Runtime Error 2001 you canceled the previous operation I can't fix it, what something wrong. Help me Thanks The message means that the filter string is not valid. Consequently, the next operation (applying the filter) fails. Presumably startdate is the name of a date/time field. Here are some reasons why it could fail: a) you used ' inste...

Column not getting updated
Hi Guy, Trigger below is not updating ODS_INST_ID column as it should when new row is inserted. This behavior happens when new row is a copy of existing row i.e. source row already has data in ODS_INST_ID. So for example if source row has ODS_INST_ID = 1, copied row should have ODS_INST_ID = 2 but I see ODS_INST_ID = 1. Data is getting copied in a table by an application. Strangely, if 4 rows are to be copied, trigger works only for 1 row. Any idea what may wrong with the trigger below? Thanks, Usman USE [UK8] GO /****** Object: Trigger [dbo].[EQUIP_ods_inst_id_trig] ...

data file error, archive folders was not closed properly
I'm going insane, I can't get outlook to open, it crashed the other day and since then it won't run. I get a flash of an error data file error, archive folders was not closed properly. Seeing as I can't get outlook to open, it boots up, shows the screen then shuts itself down, how do I go in and repair this. I have reinstalled/ done detect and repair to office, I'm assuming it has something to do with the archive folders. I have some important info in my email that I need to access - any help is greatly appreciated. What version of Outlook? If you go to Control...

I get a 0 value when a formula is copied to another cell
A1=1; B1=1; C1=A1+B1=2; when the formula in C1 was copied to C2 where A2=2; B2=2; the value is shown as 0. HOwever, when i checked the formula in C2, it was correct (A2+B2). Why is this so? I checked the "calculation" under the optiions, automatic was ticked. I also pressed F9 for recalc, the value in C2 remained at 0. Can someody enlighten me on this? thanks If you mistakenly typed -2 in either A2 or B2 then C2 would equal 0 instead of 4. -- Ken Russell kenrussellyourhat@optushome.com.au Remove yourhat to reply by e-mail .. "arleen a." <arleen a.@discu...