In icon view ListCtrl,how to display 5 rows text per item?

In general,ListCtrl of icon view can display only 2 rows of text per
item(the remaining will display in "..."),but now i want to display 5
rows,how can i do that?
thanks!

0
yangxiaoxiang
8/2/2003 9:57:02 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi,

I believe you will have to resort to owner drawing the items.

Regards

Chris

"yangxiaoxiang" <littlewarm@163.com> wrote in message
> In general,ListCtrl of icon view can display only 2 rows of text per
> item(the remaining will display in "..."),but now i want to display 5
> rows,how can i do that?
> thanks!

Thanks Chris Taylor!
I have tried to owner drawing the item:
I set the ListCtrl's style "owner draw fixed"
I override the virtual function DrawItem()
But it seems that the system does not call my DrawItem() function?
Why?
I try the same of ReportView,it works ok,but not iconview.So I think
IconView does not support owner draw?

"Chris Taylor" <chris_taylor_za@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I believe you will have to resort to owner drawing the items.
>
> Regards
>
> Chris
>
> "yangxiaoxiang" <littlewarm@163.com> wrote in message
> > In general,ListCtrl of icon view can display only 2 rows of text per
> > item(the remaining will display in "..."),but now i want to display 5
> > rows,how can i do that?
> > thanks!

0
yangxiaoxiang
8/4/2003 12:41:01 AM
To handle the ownerdraw messages for a listview that is not in report mode,
you must handle the NM_CUSTOMDRAW notification.

I hope this helps you

Chris Taylor

> Thanks Chris Taylor!
> I have tried to owner drawing the item:
> I set the ListCtrl's style "owner draw fixed"
> I override the virtual function DrawItem()
> But it seems that the system does not call my DrawItem() function?
> Why?
> I try the same of ReportView,it works ok,but not iconview.So I think
> IconView does not support owner draw?
>
> "Chris Taylor" <chris_taylor_za@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I believe you will have to resort to owner drawing the items.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Chris
> >
> > "yangxiaoxiang" <littlewarm@163.com> wrote in message
> > > In general,ListCtrl of icon view can display only 2 rows of text per
> > > item(the remaining will display in "..."),but now i want to display 5
> > > rows,how can i do that?
> > > thanks!

0
yangxiaoxiang

text fields... windows?
i was really surprised to learn that listboxes and edit controls are actually windows (as in stuff you can make with createwindow). what i was wondering is... are text fields (those fields with one line) also windows? are they just a special case of the edit control? thanks for the help. i'm a novice, so plz don't laugh anonymous@coolgroups.com wrote: > i was really surprised to learn that listboxes and edit > controls are actually windows (as in stuff you can make > with createwindow). what i was wondering is... are text > fields (those fields with one line) a...

Find button to locate record in form and display that record
Hi, I have a unbound text field. I want to add a find button that when the user clicks, take the value typed in the unbound text field and searches all my forms. When it locates this unique ID in one of the forms, it opens up the form and displays that specific record. The unbound text field is called searchID The button is called clickFind Any help would be great! On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 10:18:52 -0700, esleea@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I have a unbound text field. I want to add a find button that when the > user clicks, take the value typed in the unbo...

Gray icon from icon
Is there any system-fn to paint a given icon in grayscale? ...

how i do enable icons in excel
some of icons doesnt work like chart , scenario ... when i go to customise its appear active when i closed its back to an active how can slove this problem thanks salah If the workbook is shared Insert>Chart and Tools>Scenarios will be grayed out(unavailable). Check at Tools>Share Workbook to see if book is shared. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 03:24:07 -0700, "salah" <salah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >some of icons doesnt work like chart , scenario ... > >when i go to customise its appear active when i closed its back to an activ...

Removing days header and attachment view in Entourage mail

Selecting the correct records for mailing labels based on SQL Server view
I need to print some mailing labels. I work with an adp Access frontend and a SQL Server backend. The problem is this: I need to print address labels for all the people whose birthday falls within a given month. So far I have a SQL Server view that generates the names, addresses, and birthday months (e.g. 1, 2, 3, ...) for the people I need to send mail to. I have a report for the labels that is based on this view and includes the name and address. I have a form that brings up the label report in preview mode. On this form I have a combo box that allows the user to specify the birthday month...

matching codes between 2 item codes
Hi Is there someone who can tell me how I can match up (or link) codes from one spreadsheet to another? Cheers -- JChan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ JChan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23273 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=476450 Hi J, Perhaps the VLookup function is what you are looking for. See Excel help for details. --- Regards, Norman "JChan" <JChan.1wxdqa_1129349100.7983@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:JChan.1wxdqa_11...

Can you mouse over with Visio and display additional info?
I am developing an organiztional chart and I want to add some additional information to each shape but I don't I only want it to show when you click on the shape, or mouse over the shape is this possible? You can go to Insert > Shape ScreenTip to do this. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "CAC1911" <CAC1911@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54ECC643-BBFE-433F-AB22-01F0BAD36282@microsoft.com... >I am developing an organiztional chart and I want to add some ad...

Exchange 5.5 HELO Greeting
I have a user still on Exchange 5.5 currently there are 2 domains they cannot send mail to. It appears both places are asking for information in the HELO greeting that is not there. If I telnet in on port 25 and type HELO, the mail servers the session look like this - one site is using MAILMarshall the other SENDMAIL. 220 jedi.domain.org ESMTP NetIQ MailMarshal (v5.5.4.16) Ready helo 501 HELO requires domain address helo me 250 jedi.domain.org Hello me (162.39.xxx.xxx) 220 lisa.domain2.net ESMTP Sendmail 8.11.6/8.11.6; Thu, 6 Jan 2005 08:22:53 -0600 helo 501 5.0.0 helo requires domain addr...

Icons and transparency
Hi guys I have 32*32 16 color icon, but I need a transparent background on it. I'm using it on a column header but I get a white background with what I thought was the transparent colour. I have used the VS7 icon editor, but it's not clear how to set the transparent colours. Any help would be most appreciated. TIA Tony In the header of which control are you trying to show the icon? Is it a list view, an owner drawn control, a third part control...? How are you loading the icon? From where the icon come from? Is it inside an image list? -- Regards Rodrigo Corral Gonz´┐Żlez...

Is it possible to display a character, but utilize a value in the same cell?
I am working on a schedule of inspections. I have a column that displays either a Q(Quarterly), S(Semi-Annual) or A(Annual) . I'd like to be able to link the column to an equation with the values 4, 2, or 1. (IE Quarterly is 4 inspections a year) Can a "Q" be displayed in a cell, but use a math value of 4 as part of an equation for further calculations For Example: Cell A I Cell B I Cell C I Cell D Qty I Insp I Hours I Total 2 Q .75 (2 x 4 x .75) = 6 inspection hours Annually I'd like the sheet to display the type of insp...

Reversing display name in GAL
Is there any easy way to do a Point-and-click change to reverse the default display name of the recipients within the Global Address List so that they show up as LastName, FirstName vs the opposite. I found that you can change the Display Names of the Active Directory Users via MS 250455 but is this the way that you'd modify the Exchange GAL. Thank you. Unfortunatly I don't think there is a easy Point-and-click way. You can do an LDAP export and modify the ldif file with scripts the import it back in. That can be risky if you are not familiar with LDAP import/export. I ...

Is there an "expand all" icon for the "by sender" view?
Wow, was playing around with all the views this morning and came across the "by sender" one. It could be super fantastic. It's not good as it is now as the default mode doesn't help much, and I couldn't seem to find it, but was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to where the "expand all" feature for it. Thanks so much! ...

Publisher 2003 "accent" text box
Color schemes specify "accent" colors, but how does one specify the "accent" for a new text box, once a color scheme has been selected? Experiment with the custom color schemes. I don't think you can specify different accent colors for each and every text box. When you open the fill menu, the color scheme colors are displayed above the other choices, when you hover your cursor above the colors it will display the accent numbers. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "PeterO" <PeterO@...

Displaying listbox selection in textbox
I av a problem trying to create a macro that the selection made in listbox(List1) to be displayed in a textbox(Text1). here is the code that i did so far but i cant get it to work: Sub Expense_Select() 'Link the data to the listbox Range("G7:G18").Select ActiveSheet.Shapes("List1").Select With Selection .ListFillRange = "$G$7:$G$19" .LinkedCell = "" .MultiSelect = xlNone .Display3DShading = False End With End Sub Private Sub List1_Click() 'display the selected item in the textbox Text1.Text = List1.List(List1.ListIndex) End Sub ANY sugg...

Notification Area System Icons Have Disappeared
When I go to the Notification Area properties, only the "Clock" option is checked. The "Volume", "Network", and "Power" options are un-checked AND grayed-out so I can't check them. How do I get these system icons back? (I'm running Vista Home Premium-SP2, and the only recent changes have been "Windows Updates" - critical updates only.) Thanks. -- Bob C. Updates will do that sometimes. When it happens to me, I reboot a second time and then check the boxes again. If that doesn't work, I go to the Network Manag...

Can't create the item #3

How do I display a 'tick' on excel 2007?
How do I set up my keyboard or what options do I activate to display a 'tick' symbol on Excel (2007 version)? Format the cell with the Marlett font and insert the character: a -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200908 "Hard Working" wrote: > How do I set up my keyboard or what options do I activate to display a 'tick' > symbol on Excel (2007 version)? ...

deleted items folder and sent items folder not available in outlo.
I installed office 10 beta. Outlook will download and send emails, but will not delete measages and has error "Deleted Item folder not available". What type of email account? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outlook do you use? http://foru...

How to view the form in GP afterchunk code is placed in GP folder?
Hi, After completing the chunk process, let me know how to view the form prepared by us which was integrated to GP. In security options, I am able to see the form prepared by me. But how to open the form prepared by us from GP. Please send me info ASAP. Thanx in advance, Kiran. Kiran, Try adding your form to shortcuts. Warner "Kiran" wrote: > Hi, > After completing the chunk process, let me know how to view the form > prepared by us which was integrated to GP. In security options, I am able to > see the form prepared by me. But how to open the for...

HELP Outlook send/receive mail icon every 30 or so seconds
I am running office xp, outlook 2002. I just installed dsl broadband with a dual connect modem. The broadband tech originally set modem up as bridge and all was fine except I had to use windows dialer for connection. Next tech resolved the problem ?? by setting modem up as router. BIG TROUBLE, Outlook would hang, slow loadup and just have all sorts of problems. I did a system restore and brought system back to where modem was before it was changed to a router. Problem is, outlook is now showing the send/receive mail icon every 30 seconds, however it is not actually sending or receivi...

Icon Sets Conditional Formatting in Excel 2007
So, I want to be able to use the Icon Sets in conditional formatting with text values. I bet there are a bunch of other people out there that would like to have the text "green", "yellow" or "red" converted to the appropriate stoplight icon, but I cannot figure out how to make this work. Is it possible? Excel 2007 Icons Maybe not quite what you wanted... http://www.mediafire.com/file/dytjrggnxbm/09_26_09.xlsx On Sep 26, 9:27=A0am, Herbert Seidenberg <herbds7-ms...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Excel 2007 > Icons > Maybe not quite what you wanted...http://ww...

"unable to display the folder
for the file xxxxxxxx pst is not valid" I changed where the users save their files on the NT Server and now a users personal made folders aren't pointing to the correct place. Can someone tell me where to type the path name into so I can point these to the correct place. It's totally grayed out on the right side of the window with that error message when I have a folder chosen. Archive was simple, but there is no place for the others to be corrected on the drop down menus that I can find. One other thing is that these folders I am speaking of are imported folders and...

Viewing multiple images attached to Outlook XP messages???
Hi there, In Outlook 2000 I could use the Windows Viewer for Images and Faxes to view all images which were attached to the same message. Outlook would automatically extract the next image if I pressed the skip / next button in the Viewer. I upgraded to Outlook XP and now I have to view the images one by one by double clicking on them. Wat should I do to have Outlook XP extracting image files the same way Outlook 2000 did? Thanks very much, SPARC0 ...

convert number to text
how to :- 100 convert to One Hundred only and 100.30 convert to One Hundred and 30 Cent onl -- xman12 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- xman123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3553 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57384 See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "xman123" <xman123.2cwhft_1156181108.1859@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:xman1...