In Dialog Based application are you Create View class.

Hai,

     In Dialog Based application are you Create View class.

Thank you,

Bye

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You should not need a view a MFC Dialog based appliation. If you do,
look at SDI/MDI instead. You can use a CFormView based view which uses
a dialog as a template in Doc/View paradigm.

---------
Ajay Kalra
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)
3/17/2006 1:42:54 PM
You can create a view in a dialog:

http://www.codeproject.com/docview/dfv.asp

But I haven't seen that done very often.  I tend to just use an SDI or MDI
framework for anything that needs a view class.

Tom

"jagadeesh" <jagadeeshbabu.mca@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hai,
>
>     In Dialog Based application are you Create View class.
>

> Thank you,
>
> Bye

0
tserface (3861)

Application works on one PC but not on another with same OS?
Hi, My application works OK on my PC (Windows 2000, latest server pack) but not on my colleague's (same OS and SP). One difference is that I have the .NET IDE installed on my machine, and he doesn't. I used to have the same problem on my machine. An error was generated because (IIRC) I was using an MFC string comparison method on a char array. This worked in my debug config., but not in the release config. I replaced the code with a strcmp method, and that fixed it on my machine, but not on his. Is there something I should update in his Window's installation when I install the ap...

Debugging tips needed
Hello all, I'm currently working with modifying a large MFC app to handle Unicode correctly. After upgrading Windows to SP2, the application no longer works at a certain stage. The really strange thing is that the application simply dies without giving the control back to the debugger without raising any access violations or ASSERTs. This happens regardless of the debugger used (have tried Visual Studio, Windbg, cdb). The error code given during exit is 1282, ERROR_STACK_BUFFER_OVERRUN. Running the application without a debugger attached raises the error report dialog in Windows, which t...

Limiting formulas based on filtering?
Is there an easy way to build a formula that will only take values into consideration when the auto format is used. So, if I have a table of data and a formula based on this table and I filter one of my data columns to some vause then I would like my formula to automatically update. Is this possible? Thank you, CH The SUBTOTAL function ignores rows that are hidden by an autofilter (and optionally, also rows that were hidden manually). It can perform a wide range of operations, including sums, averages, counts, standard deviations, products, maximums, minimums, etc. Check E...

Mail merge recipient dialog box
Why are the "edit" and "refresh" buttons at the bottom of the mail merge recipient dialog box grayed out? They were available in the last Word version but I cannot figure how to access them in 7 to add to or correct my mailing list. In Word 2007, the first thing you have to do is select the name of the data source in the box at the bottom left of the dialog box. Then, depending on the type of data source, the Edit and Refresh buttons may be ungreyed. [FWIW the same dialog is used by MS Publisher, where they allow multiple data sources, requiring you to ...

data from a modeless dialog box to its parent
I need to post a text data from a modeless dialog box to its parent which is itself a dialog based application. Since it should be a large text data a simple Windows message won't be good. What is the right way to do that? Thanks Gil If you are sure the data will stay current you can post the address of the data (as a pointer) in a windows message to the parent. If you want to be really sure use SendMessage() which will wait until the parent gets the message before returning. You could call a function or copy the data to a variable in the parent dialog, but that could be dang...

Modal Dialog OnCancel removes SC_CLOSE
Hello, I have an app with an modal dialog in which I have removed the default cancel behaviour by creating an empty OnCancel(). Now I can't close the dialog using the SC_CLOSE (Red-X in upper right corner) Why and how can I remove ending the dialoq by pressing Esc but still be able to close the dialog by clicking on the Red-X[1] // Anders -- English is not my first, or second, language so anything strange, or insulting, is due to the translation. Please correct me so I may improve my English! [1] if someone has a official name for this button I would be grateful! Anders Eriksson s...

Question about Application behaviour,...
Hi, i have a simple MFC Application, that shows me the System Memory Usage. But after a while the Applications GDI Objects Count grows to something about >8.000 GDI Objects and its Virtual Memory (not much but step by step too) in less than 5 Minutes. I can see with ProcessExplorer that the application does have a high count of page faults. I cant figure out why! The System then starts to react slowly. The Timer invokes every seconds the member function with the code following this text, sets the Position on a progress bar control and raws a transparent text on the surface of the prog...

alter default view for operations
I'd like to just see parameter types, not names. I don't want to see: methodName( in request : LongRequestObjectName ) : ResponseObjectName I'd like to see: methodName( LongRequestObjectName ) : ResponseObjectName -------------- Justin ...

Change cell background color based on content that results from li
This could be very simple, but I will lay the groundwork first. I have a schedule spreadsheet that I import data to from a web based program. There are existing filters to remove all formatting of the data and remove that which we do not use. What remains is a non formatted sheet that other workbooks link to so we can produce daily sheets. Now the data that is linked on the other sheets may be for example the number 150. It appears throughout the sheet and I would like to color any cell that contains the number 150. The problem is I can't search for 150 because it reall...

Save a Copy/Overwrite changes dialog box
All of a sudden, this dialog box pops up every time I want to save something in Excel 2002. The box says, "The file '<file name>' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do? __ Save a Copy __ Overwrite changes even though I'm the only user that's changed anything in the past 3 years. The shared workbook command has not been changed at all, so that can't be the problem. The settings are the same as the ones I have at home for personal spreadsheets that don't have this dialog box. Help! Than...

create xml document based from schema
I have the following schema. I need to know how to make an xml document based from it. The main worry I have is the DateTime field. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xs:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified" elementFormDefault="qualified" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:element name="NewsArticle"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="Description" type="xs:string" /> <xs:element name="Body" type="xs:string" />...

enter value based on drop down list of another field?
I have an excel 2003 spreadsheet with 3 worksheets. In sheet 1, I created a drop down list in column A based on values in sheet 3, column A (item number). Thisd data comes from sheet 3, where I have column A (Item #'s), column B (Item desc)an Column C (price) In column B of sheet 1, I have Item Descriptions and in column C I have price. I want this to automatically fill in based on what I enter in the column A sheet 1 and it should get the corresponding values from sheet 3 column B and C. I can make the drop down list in sheet 1 column B and C, but some of the descriptions need ...

Reports based on groups
I am using access 2007 and need to create individual reports for a number of different client records so I can export them to email to the clients. The number and names of clients vary each month so I want to write either a macro or module or something such that it will automatically generate the reports each month. Thoughts? ...

creating labels
hi, how can i create labels so I can input about 100 names and they will print off in a label style, Ive tried everything please help!! -- \m/ O_O \m/ Laura..... :) Liverpool, England Laura, I would do a mail merge with word, For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source have a look here http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups s...

Creating a new default message template
I have a email template that I want to make the default. In other words, when you click on New to create a new email, I want the message template that I have created to come up as the default. Does anyone know how to do this? What you are proposing is a very bad idea. Using a custom form as the = default for new messages will guarantee that non-Outlook recipients = won't be able to read attachments you send.=20 I'd suggest that you back up and explain what functionality you were = hoping to add by changing the message form, and in what version of = Outlook.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, ...

COleSafeArray::Create throws CMemoryException
Hi why does COleSafeArray::Create throw a CMemoryException if the array to create is larger than ullAvailPhys but smaller then ullAvailVirtual as returned by GlobalMemoryStatusEx Are all safearrays kept in physical memory and not swapped to page file I use Windows XP Thank HS ...

Need to create an automatic hyperlink
I'm using Excel 2003, Windows XP. Okay I have a workbook with a main spreadsheet and about 150 other spreadsheets with images in them. I have the names of the other spreadsheets in cell b2. How do I create a hyperlink that will concantenate the name in cell b2 to a hyperlink and point it to the spreadsheet with that name? I know I can do it by manually selecting each cell and hyperlinking manually, but with over 150 it's taking a while. Thanks. I tried =HYPERLINK("file:////"&b2,"Click me!") and it fails (can't find specified file)...

limit create window/control max count?
Hi all. I am testing a create control. But I want create many control (more 10000) in dialog. I test dynamic create CButton. It's created about 9800. I want work. 1. have a two dialog.(A, B) 2. A dialog has 40 controls(Button, Spin, static). 3. B dialog has contain A dialog. A dialog is more than 200. 4. create A dialog dynamic.(Using A->Create(IDD, this)) and attach B dialog. A dialog is modaless. 5. But not create about 190. dialog create function return 0. thank for read. Have a nice day. You need to redesign your system, IMO. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com...

can't reply or can't create
I have Outlook 6.0 in my Windows 2000 computer. I can't reply or create new message but I can read the message. The "Reply" "new" "forword" and "reply all" button are dead. I can't highlight those button. Does anyone has any problme of this? Plez let me know <mmdir2002@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:1106036722.098189.74470@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > > I have Outlook 6.0 in my Windows 2000 computer. > I can't reply or create new message but I can read the message. > The "Reply" "new" "f...

Calendar Views
I was wondering if there was a way to get the monthly calendar to not show mondays but more importantly to expand the saturday and sunday into there own boxes. No, you cannot hide Mondays. To get the full display of the weekend days, right click in an empty area of the calendar and select Other Settings. Uncheck "Compress Weekend Days." --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.grou...

View Tasks in calendar?
Outlook 2003 Can I? I don't mean in that seperate display on the right. Thanks... Bob Only if you create items in your calendar folder either manually or with = a tool like Taskline. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@cox.net> wrote in message = news:JK4xh.6009$gJ1.4000@newsfe17.lga... > Outl...

How do I filter rows based upon a column value
I have a spreadsheet that contains multiple agency id's in a column. When generating reports, I would like to filter per agency and display only the rows associated with that agency. Is there a tutorial or sample on how to do this? Hi It sounds like you are looking for Data / Filter / AutoFilter. Have a look here for some basics: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter01.html -- Andy. "Jack" <nfr@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eqiU08TVEHA.2988@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have a spreadsheet that contains multiple agency id's in a column. When > generati...

Creating users via powershell
I am using the windows powershell cmdlets to set up new users automatically in AD 2003. I am particularly using the cmdlets from quest such get-qaduser and new-qaduser. To setup bulk number of users I have to setup a csv file and then import them into the script. The script is below: #Get-UserGroups.ps1 #sample CSV heading # "Name,Firstname,Lastname,SAMAccountname,Telephone,Office,Department,Title,City,Company" $file="C:\employees.csv" if ((Get-Item $file -ea "silentlycontinue" ).exists) { Import-Csv $file | ForEach-Object { ...

Problem creating 2003 PST file
Hi, I am currently running Outlook 2003 (Client). I am trying to create a new PST file. However when I try to add a new file (file\new\outlook data file\) I can only select: Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folder File. On the microsoft website it says I should see something like "Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst)" but it is not listed. Is there any way to correct this?? I am running Outlook 2003 SP1. Thanks for any help, Wouter Hi, Kan iemand mij helpen? Het moet mogelijk zijn om bij het verzenden van een emailtje de afzender te veranderen. Ooit wist ik het, maar ik ben...

How to change caption on 'apply' button in a CPropertySheet-derived class?
Hi, Does anyone know how to change the caption on the 'apply' button in a CPropertySheet-derived class? I derived a class CPlotSettingsDialog1. Here is it's OnCreate. int CPlotSettingsDialog1::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) { if (CPropertySheet::OnCreate(lpCreateStruct) == -1) return -1; CRect WindowRect; GetWindowRect(&WindowRect); WindowRect.bottom = WindowRect.bottom + 60; MoveWindow(&WindowRect); return 0; } all the code does is make the bottom of the property sheet a bit longer. It still has the 3 default buttons. I need to either re-caption t...