IE keep saying "Opening page..." for ActiveX with async property

     I tried posting this question to microsoft.public.vc.mfcole, but
apparently that is an area only suitable for getting answers to simplistic
questions.  I've not gotten one response for questions I've posted there.
I'm hoping there is some knowledgeable, sharing guru in this area that can
help...

            I have a problem that is related to having an asynchronous
property in a an ActiveX control that is used on a web page. If you build
the MFC ActiveX Control App Wizard project and put it on a page, no
problem--IE will load up and the "Opening page..." message will go away and
the progress bar clears. Add an asynchronous property as per Microsoft's
documentation at...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore98/HTML/_core_internet_first_steps.3a_.activex_controls.asp

            ...(accounting too for the example code not properly calling
<property name>.SetControl(this) in the control's constructor) and you will
find that IE will start showing "Opening page..." and keep saying it. It
never thinks it's done loading, even though my logging clearly shows that
all of the right code is run and the data is downloaded. I've tried calling
InternalSetReadyState( READYSTATE_COMPLETE ) from both in the property's
OnDataAvailable() and in the control's DoPropExchange() and I cannot make
this problem go away.

            How do you fix this?  Can someone at least verify that this is a
problem?

            TIA,
            Adrian

0
adrian9433 (21)
12/19/2003 3:49:32 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow