icons on 2nd column of a clistctrl

hi,
Is it possible to have icons or bitmaps on all of the columns of a
clistctrl, not only the 1st column ?

thanks,

0
behzadnn (26)
8/15/2003 7:12:40 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"behzad" <behzadnn@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> hi,
> Is it possible to have icons or bitmaps on all of the columns of a
> clistctrl, not only the 1st column ?

Never tried it personally, but according to the LVM_SETITEM
documentation...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/listview/messages/lvm_setitem.asp

"In version 4.70 and later, you can set the iImage member for subitems.
The subitem image will be displayed if the list-view control has the
LVS_EX_SUBITEMIMAGES extended style. Previous versions will ignore the
subitem image".

You set the LVS_EX_SUBITEMIMAGES extended style using the
LVM_SETEXTENDEDSTYLE message...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/listview/messages/lvm_setextendedlistviewstyle.asp

....or by using the CListCtrl::SetExtendedStyle...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_mfc_CListCtrl.3a3a.SetExtendedStyle.asp

....See also CListCtrl::SetItem...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_mfc_CListCtrl.3a3a.SetItem.asp

--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
jeffp (1712)

Gray icon from icon
Is there any system-fn to paint a given icon in grayscale? ...

how i do enable icons in excel
some of icons doesnt work like chart , scenario ... when i go to customise its appear active when i closed its back to an active how can slove this problem thanks salah If the workbook is shared Insert>Chart and Tools>Scenarios will be grayed out(unavailable). Check at Tools>Share Workbook to see if book is shared. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 03:24:07 -0700, "salah" <salah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >some of icons doesnt work like chart , scenario ... > >when i go to customise its appear active when i closed its back to an activ...

WHERE IN (SELECT) with multiple columns
A continuing annoyance is that I can do stuff like this in SQL Server: SELECT * FROM X WHERE A,B IN (SELECT A,B FROM Y) This is getting more complex if any of A or B can be NULL. Is there an alternative in SQLServer 2005+ to implement such predicates? Pete Select * from dbo.Employee e where exists ( select null from dbo.SomeOtherTable sot where sot.StateID = e.StateID and sot.EmployeeID = e.EmployeeID ) You can start there and then experiment. Throw in a " or e.StateID IS NULL "... or something like that. You should post some DDL , some INSERTS and th...

Different Columns on different pages
Hi - think this will be easily resolved but I am stuck! In publisher 2000 how do you create a multipaged, two page spread that has different columns on some pages. I keep bringing myself back to "ignore background" and trying to use "arrange" - "layout Guides" - but this isnt right. Am I thinking too deep? Is the whole point that the layout guides are simply guides and stay the same thorugh the whole document regardless.... you just use ruler guides to make the changes through the different pages? Any idea's? Thanks Julia ...

Copying the column heading into all non-empty cells #3
Gord you're a genius! Thanks so much - that works a treat! Sorry I didn't get back to yo last night - I'm in London and it was past my bedtime. The reason I'm copying the headings into the rows by the way, is that have a database which I want users to be able to search, and it's easie if I just have have one column listing all the Amenities for each hotel rather than 120. Incidentally, my next move is to now merge all the cells in each ro into one, with the amenities separated by spaces. I've just downloade a "Merge Cell Wizard", which has accomplished th...

Icons and transparency
Hi guys I have 32*32 16 color icon, but I need a transparent background on it. I'm using it on a column header but I get a white background with what I thought was the transparent colour. I have used the VS7 icon editor, but it's not clear how to set the transparent colours. Any help would be most appreciated. TIA Tony In the header of which control are you trying to show the icon? Is it a list view, an owner drawn control, a third part control...? How are you loading the icon? From where the icon come from? Is it inside an image list? -- Regards Rodrigo Corral Gonz´┐Żlez...

Is there an "expand all" icon for the "by sender" view?
Wow, was playing around with all the views this morning and came across the "by sender" one. It could be super fantastic. It's not good as it is now as the default mode doesn't help much, and I couldn't seem to find it, but was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to where the "expand all" feature for it. Thanks so much! ...

need macro to copy to 2nd worksheet
i hope this is possible, i need a little help. i use 2 excel files. the 1st file (i dont think this matters, but) the filename always changes InvoiceNumberTenantName.xls row 45 summarizes everything on the invoice to 1 row A45 to R45 i just copy the whole row then paste it to the 2nd file the 2nd files name does not change SummaryWithStatement.xls Sheet1 is where i paste (paste values) my row from the invoice file. this is the difficult part... this Sheet1 is a dynamic range so i would have to find the 1st empty row to paste. when i recorded the macro i was at A1, and scrolled down (i ...

Notification Area System Icons Have Disappeared
When I go to the Notification Area properties, only the "Clock" option is checked. The "Volume", "Network", and "Power" options are un-checked AND grayed-out so I can't check them. How do I get these system icons back? (I'm running Vista Home Premium-SP2, and the only recent changes have been "Windows Updates" - critical updates only.) Thanks. -- Bob C. Updates will do that sometimes. When it happens to me, I reboot a second time and then check the boxes again. If that doesn't work, I go to the Network Manag...

clistctrl (columns * width) pixel limits in header ctrl of 32768
It appears that the CListCtrl in report mode has a size limitation in its header ctrl ... to calculate (in pixels) the limitation of the header ctrl I added 500 columns to a CListCtrl of width of 100 LV_COLUMN lvColumn; //initialize the columns lvColumn.mask = LVCF_FMT | LVCF_WIDTH | LVCF_TEXT | LVCF_SUBITEM; lvColumn.fmt = LVCFMT_LEFT; lvColumn.cx = 100; on V-scrolling over, in column 328, rendering stops for the header ctrl. 328 x 100 = 32800, ( or ~ 2^15 )... so it appears that the max pixel size for the header control is 32768 I've never run across this before because it is an ext...

Filter 2nd form based on field value of 1st form
Hi there, I have a mainform with 3 subforms included. On the first subform there is a combobox field [CboEquipmment]. When I press a button I would like to have another form opened that is filtered so that it shows only the relevant records. The first form name is SubfrmEquipment and is based on a table TblEquipment. The 2nd form is named FrmFunction and is also based on the TblEquipment. The 2nd form is a continous form. I hope that I have explained the situation so that someone can help me with this. Any help is much appreciated! Yara On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 11:13:01 -080...

HELP Outlook send/receive mail icon every 30 or so seconds
I am running office xp, outlook 2002. I just installed dsl broadband with a dual connect modem. The broadband tech originally set modem up as bridge and all was fine except I had to use windows dialer for connection. Next tech resolved the problem ?? by setting modem up as router. BIG TROUBLE, Outlook would hang, slow loadup and just have all sorts of problems. I did a system restore and brought system back to where modem was before it was changed to a router. Problem is, outlook is now showing the send/receive mail icon every 30 seconds, however it is not actually sending or receivi...

Icon Sets Conditional Formatting in Excel 2007
So, I want to be able to use the Icon Sets in conditional formatting with text values. I bet there are a bunch of other people out there that would like to have the text "green", "yellow" or "red" converted to the appropriate stoplight icon, but I cannot figure out how to make this work. Is it possible? Excel 2007 Icons Maybe not quite what you wanted... http://www.mediafire.com/file/dytjrggnxbm/09_26_09.xlsx On Sep 26, 9:27=A0am, Herbert Seidenberg <herbds7-ms...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Excel 2007 > Icons > Maybe not quite what you wanted...http://ww...

more than 16 colors icon
Can I use more than 16 colors icon in OutlookBar's shortcut? Even I use a true color icon, it shows in 16 colors. :-< ...

workbook specific macro icons
I have written a graph analysis macro using VB (Excel 2000 Premium) and assigned a customized toolbar / icon to the macro. It runs well, but it's helpful to rename the file after an analysis is complete under a more desriptive name. When I do this however, even though the macro is still present in the newly named file (under Tools-macro-macros...) the icon is looking for the macro from the original file, and then opens the original file to run the macro in the newly created file. So I end up with 2 different instances of Excel running. Is there any way that an icon can be assigned to m...

What are the meanings of the icons in the icon column
I cannot find any help information anywhere on the meanings of the different icons in the icon column of the folder viewing pane. What are their meanings and where is the help located (if it exists)? ...

CRM "tracked" icons turned to outlook contack icons
hi all After I deployed the marco to Copy all Parent Contact to Company Name field, my CRM "Tracked" Icons for contacts changed to outlook contack icon. But the contacts are still being tracked in CRM. Can anyone help me to change them back? Can I modify the macro to do that? ps. the macro to Copy all Parent Contact to Company Name field is here. Option Explicit Dim olApp As New Outlook.Application Public WithEvents myContacts As Outlook.Items 'Set the company name when a contact is 'created in Outlook 2003 Private Sub Application_Startup() Set myContacts = olApp.Get...

Separating Dates into Diff Columns
How do you separate a date into seperate columns?? i.e. December 15, 1978 from one cell into three different cells, one for the month, one fo the date, and one for the year. thanks in advance -- HC ----------------------------------------------------------------------- HCA's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2474 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38315 On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 09:49:35 -0500, HCA <HCA.1re8ao_1120057519.3062@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote: > >How do you separate a date into seperate column...

Sub-folder access by 2nd user thru pst?
In my office the assistants need to access their boss' email sub-folders on a regular basis to print them out and file them (we are a law office). Each boss has up to 100 sub-folders. I understand that in Outlook 2003 permissions to sub-folders must be given individually -- it can't be done from the parent folder. Is it possible to create a .pst file of some of the boss' folders and then copy the file to a shared network drive where the assistant can get the file and open it in her own Outlook folder list? -- Sunrise Yes. It's not recommended though. Will...

Wrong Desktop Icon
I have developed this software and created the installation package but when I install it from my cd the icon on the desktop is a piece of paper. But the .exe file in the 'program files' directory has the correct icon, even if i create a shortcut for it. Any ideas? Did you change all the different image types in your icon file to your new icon. Load your application in visual studio, bring up the icon in the resource editor, from the Image menu check all the different image types. AliR. "Chris Baker" <ChrisBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

ICON
Hi, I wonder if it is possible to import ready-made icon file to button editor for toolbar button instead of draw it in button editor? It would be nice to use ready-made icons for toolbar button icons. Thanks pt You can load icons at run time from a file and then set it to a toolbar imagelist using SetImageList etc. All that matters to a toolbar contorl is the imagelist. Note that there are three types of imagelists, normal imagelist, disabled imagelist and hot imagelist. You dont have to use all. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Pertti Toivio" <pertti.t...

Detecting Selection change in a CListCtrl
I can't seem to find which event I should handle to be notified when a list control's (in report view) selection changes. Any ideas? Thanks -- Adam Clauss cabadam@tamu.edu >I can't seem to find which event I should handle to be notified when a list >control's (in report view) selection changes. LVN_ITEMCHANGING or LVN_ITEMCHANGED Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq ...

freezing rows/columns
Having made the switch to Office 2007 last year, I'm having trouble remembering some of the drop down menus and procedures under earlier versions of Excel. A friend want to freeze the first row of a spreadsheet and this seems to be one of those things very simply under 2007 but as I'm unable to remember the various drop down menus etc from 2003 and before, I can't offer her any help. Would one of you using the earlier version be so kind as to refresh my memory on how to freeze a row and/or column using pre 2007 versions of Excel? Many thanks, Tim Hi Tim, Window>Free...

Office XP icons missing on Windows 7 Pro x64
I installed Office XP on a PC running Windows 7 Pro x64. The icons for the various office programs exist, but are blank. When I look at the shortcuts, it doesn't allow me to choose the location of the icon - it's greyed out. I've run windws explorer elevated, but I still can't change the icon location. If I navigate to the Winword.exe location, it has an icon. If I create a new shortcut, that new shortcut also doesn't have an icon. If I try pinning one to the start menu or taskbar, I get the same problem. I also have Outlook 2007 installed, but the icon for thi...

Using Countif with multiple criteria in the same column.
I need to count different criteria from the same column. For example, under the column Names, the criteria for one breakout might be Tom, Beth, John, Roger; the next breakout might be Joe, Sue, Randy, Bob. Assuming you want a count of "Ted" plus "Bob" you could use a formula similar to this. =COUNTIF(C14:C19,"Ted")+COUNTIF(C14:C19,"Bob") -- rsenn ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rsenn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29050 View this thread: http://www.excelfor...