Icons and transparency

Hi guys

I have  32*32 16 color icon, but I need a transparent background on it.
I'm using it on a column header but I get a white background with what I
thought was the transparent colour.

I have used the VS7 icon editor, but it's not clear how to set the
transparent colours.

Any help would be most appreciated.

TIA

Tony

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In the header of which control are you trying to show the icon? Is it a list
view, an owner drawn control, a third part control...?
How are you loading the icon?
From where the icon come from? Is it inside an image list?

--
Regards
Rodrigo Corral Gonz�lez [MVP]

FAQ de microsoft.public.es.vc++
http://rcorral.mvps.org

Hi

The column header is on a list control and the icon is held in an image
list.
The icon is added to the column header at initialisation of the List Control
Is that of any help?

Thanks

Tony

Tony wrote:
> I have  32*32 16 color icon, but I need a transparent background on it.
> I'm using it on a column header but I get a white background with what I
> thought was the transparent colour.
>
> I have used the VS7 icon editor, but it's not clear how to set the
> transparent colours.

Together with 16 colors in the palette in icon editor there are two tiny
monitors, one green and another light red. The "green monitor" is used
for background.

0
mac1 (347)
2/2/2005 2:48:50 PM
Thanks for that, but we've tried that one and we still get the white
background appearing on the icon.
"Mihajlo Cvetanovic" <mac@RnEeMtOsVeEt.co.yu> wrote in message
> Tony wrote:
>> I have  32*32 16 color icon, but I need a transparent background on it.
>> I'm using it on a column header but I get a white background with what I
>> thought was the transparent colour.
>>
>> I have used the VS7 icon editor, but it's not clear how to set the
>> transparent colours.
>
> Together with 16 colors in the palette in icon editor there are two tiny
> monitors, one green and another light red. The "green monitor" is used for
> background.

Take a look to CImageList::Create documentation, pay spacial attention to
the ILC_MASK flag.

--
Un saludo
Rodrigo Corral Gonz�lez [MVP]

FAQ de microsoft.public.es.vc++
http://rcorral.mvps.org

how i do enable icons in excel
some of icons doesnt work like chart , scenario ... when i go to customise its appear active when i closed its back to an active how can slove this problem thanks salah If the workbook is shared Insert>Chart and Tools>Scenarios will be grayed out(unavailable). Check at Tools>Share Workbook to see if book is shared. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 03:24:07 -0700, "salah" <salah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >some of icons doesnt work like chart , scenario ... > >when i go to customise its appear active when i closed its back to an activ...

Gray icon from icon
Is there any system-fn to paint a given icon in grayscale? ...

Icons and transparency
Hi guys I have 32*32 16 color icon, but I need a transparent background on it. I'm using it on a column header but I get a white background with what I thought was the transparent colour. I have used the VS7 icon editor, but it's not clear how to set the transparent colours. Any help would be most appreciated. TIA Tony In the header of which control are you trying to show the icon? Is it a list view, an owner drawn control, a third part control...? How are you loading the icon? From where the icon come from? Is it inside an image list? -- Regards Rodrigo Corral Gonz�lez...

Is there an "expand all" icon for the "by sender" view?
Wow, was playing around with all the views this morning and came across the "by sender" one. It could be super fantastic. It's not good as it is now as the default mode doesn't help much, and I couldn't seem to find it, but was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to where the "expand all" feature for it. Thanks so much! ...

Notification Area System Icons Have Disappeared
When I go to the Notification Area properties, only the "Clock" option is checked. The "Volume", "Network", and "Power" options are un-checked AND grayed-out so I can't check them. How do I get these system icons back? (I'm running Vista Home Premium-SP2, and the only recent changes have been "Windows Updates" - critical updates only.) Thanks. -- Bob C. Updates will do that sometimes. When it happens to me, I reboot a second time and then check the boxes again. If that doesn't work, I go to the Network Manag...

HELP Outlook send/receive mail icon every 30 or so seconds
I am running office xp, outlook 2002. I just installed dsl broadband with a dual connect modem. The broadband tech originally set modem up as bridge and all was fine except I had to use windows dialer for connection. Next tech resolved the problem ?? by setting modem up as router. BIG TROUBLE, Outlook would hang, slow loadup and just have all sorts of problems. I did a system restore and brought system back to where modem was before it was changed to a router. Problem is, outlook is now showing the send/receive mail icon every 30 seconds, however it is not actually sending or receivi...

Icon Sets Conditional Formatting in Excel 2007
So, I want to be able to use the Icon Sets in conditional formatting with text values. I bet there are a bunch of other people out there that would like to have the text "green", "yellow" or "red" converted to the appropriate stoplight icon, but I cannot figure out how to make this work. Is it possible? Excel 2007 Icons Maybe not quite what you wanted... http://www.mediafire.com/file/dytjrggnxbm/09_26_09.xlsx On Sep 26, 9:27=A0am, Herbert Seidenberg <herbds7-ms...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Excel 2007 > Icons > Maybe not quite what you wanted...http://ww...

more than 16 colors icon
Can I use more than 16 colors icon in OutlookBar's shortcut? Even I use a true color icon, it shows in 16 colors. :-< ...

workbook specific macro icons
I have written a graph analysis macro using VB (Excel 2000 Premium) and assigned a customized toolbar / icon to the macro. It runs well, but it's helpful to rename the file after an analysis is complete under a more desriptive name. When I do this however, even though the macro is still present in the newly named file (under Tools-macro-macros...) the icon is looking for the macro from the original file, and then opens the original file to run the macro in the newly created file. So I end up with 2 different instances of Excel running. Is there any way that an icon can be assigned to m...

What are the meanings of the icons in the icon column
I cannot find any help information anywhere on the meanings of the different icons in the icon column of the folder viewing pane. What are their meanings and where is the help located (if it exists)? ...

CRM "tracked" icons turned to outlook contack icons
hi all After I deployed the marco to Copy all Parent Contact to Company Name field, my CRM "Tracked" Icons for contacts changed to outlook contack icon. But the contacts are still being tracked in CRM. Can anyone help me to change them back? Can I modify the macro to do that? ps. the macro to Copy all Parent Contact to Company Name field is here. Option Explicit Dim olApp As New Outlook.Application Public WithEvents myContacts As Outlook.Items 'Set the company name when a contact is 'created in Outlook 2003 Private Sub Application_Startup() Set myContacts = olApp.Get...

Wrong Desktop Icon
I have developed this software and created the installation package but when I install it from my cd the icon on the desktop is a piece of paper. But the .exe file in the 'program files' directory has the correct icon, even if i create a shortcut for it. Any ideas? Did you change all the different image types in your icon file to your new icon. Load your application in visual studio, bring up the icon in the resource editor, from the Image menu check all the different image types. AliR. "Chris Baker" <ChrisBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Office XP icons missing on Windows 7 Pro x64
I installed Office XP on a PC running Windows 7 Pro x64. The icons for the various office programs exist, but are blank. When I look at the shortcuts, it doesn't allow me to choose the location of the icon - it's greyed out. I've run windws explorer elevated, but I still can't change the icon location. If I navigate to the Winword.exe location, it has an icon. If I create a new shortcut, that new shortcut also doesn't have an icon. If I try pinning one to the start menu or taskbar, I get the same problem. I also have Outlook 2007 installed, but the icon for thi...

ICON
Hi, I wonder if it is possible to import ready-made icon file to button editor for toolbar button instead of draw it in button editor? It would be nice to use ready-made icons for toolbar button icons. Thanks pt You can load icons at run time from a file and then set it to a toolbar imagelist using SetImageList etc. All that matters to a toolbar contorl is the imagelist. Note that there are three types of imagelists, normal imagelist, disabled imagelist and hot imagelist. You dont have to use all. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Pertti Toivio" <pertti.t...

Transparency graphic option not working on Excel Charts?
Can anyone help me to turn on the "transparency" option for Excel Charts? In each type of chart I select and then try to create a transparent color... there is the option, but it's not available for me to use. Is there a way to turn this on? Hi, Transparency is not support in windows based XL. I think the Mac guys have it. Here is a work around from John Walkenbach, that might be useful. http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip071.htm Charles wrote: > Can anyone help me to turn on the "transparency" option for Excel Charts? In > each type of chart I sele...

Problem with Icon
Hai Experts, I Needed to Display a Transparent ICON in my application as iam getting some shaded colors when i execute is there any other thing that i need to do to make my Icon look like what i designed in the Resource Editor Thanks and Regards suresh ...

Meaning of icons in Icon column
I cannot find the meaning of the icons in the Icon column of the viewing pane in any help page. What are the meanings and where is the help page? An Tuathach <AnTuathach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot find the meaning of the icons in the Icon column of the > viewing pane in any help page. What are the meanings and where is the > help page? No need to ask more than once. See: http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/icons.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Missing icon
I've got XP professional and IE7. My anti-virus is Avast free Home Edition. Today I noticed the icon missing from my Systems Tray. Went to Start/Programs and got the icon to my desktop. Double clicked on it and found that Avast is there all right and working. How can I get the icon into my systems tray? TIA Ben Stevenson wrote: > I've got XP professional and IE7. > > My anti-virus is Avast free Home Edition. Today I noticed the icon > missing from my Systems Tray. Went to Start/Programs and got the icon to > my desktop. Double clicked on it and fou...

OL 2000 no icon on taskbar
Hello Group, For some reason Outlook 2000 does not show an icon on the taskbar anymore when a message has arrived. With newer versions this can be switched through the Tools menu, so not with 2K. Maybe it can be set in the Registry. Does anyone know how? Flip More info: WindowsXP Answering my own question: Go to Taskbar properties, find the envelop in the list and choose 'allways show' Flip "Flip" <flipatkonitechpuntnl> schreef in bericht news:OF73PV62KHA.5196@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello Group, > For some reason Outloo...

Systemtray icon.
I have an icon resource which I have drawn a 32x32 as well as a 16x16 in the same icon. I load this icon for use in the system tray. When my program runs I expected it to use the 16x16 for the tray icon. Instead it scales down the 32x32 and then uses that. The scaled down icon doesn't look as good as the hand drawn icon. First... Is 16x16 the correct size for the system tray? Second... How can I get the program to use the 16x16 size? ...

Copies of Table with Arrow Icons
I have a table called Quotes2004. Somewhere along the line two additional tables appeared called Quotes20041 and Quotes20042, each with an arrow icon next to them. I understand that the arrow indicates a link. But, I don't recall making these table copies. Can some process make the copies automatically? As far as I can tell, they are exact copies of Quotes2004 and they are updated when I update Quotes2004. How can I determine how these were created, what the links are and if they are really necessary? To discover what a table is linked to, open it in design view. Then open the Prope...

Creating an icon in a DLL for ExtractIcon?
Hi, I would like to add an icon to my DLL so that ActiveSync will display an icon. I've seen that other sync DLL's have a "DefaultIcon" setting in the registry like -101 or something. I've got an icon in my DLL but there's no number associated with it so I can't set the "DefaultIcon" in the registry to anything. This registry setting is used by the ActiveSync app to display the icon for a DLL (I think). I think it's related to "ExtractIcon" which will extract an icon given a DLL path name and an id number but I can't find how to pu...

how do I make a jpeg transparent to lay on a picture
how do I make a jpeg transparent to lay on a picture jpeg does not support transparency, gif and png do. provide more info for a better response -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "montanarhino" <montanarhino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B7543B9-749B-4D1F-B444-4DB17EEB77BB@microsoft.com... > how do I make a jpeg transparent to lay on a picture On 5/14/2010 7:27 PM, Rob Giordano [MS MVP] wrote: > jpeg does not support transparency, gif and png do. > > provide more info for a...

Restoring icon layout
Occasionally there's an event which causes my desktop icons to be rearranged and resized, such as plugging in a monitor with differnt characteristics. Is there a way to save the icon layout, size and other characteristics so that it can be easily restored when the original monitor is attached, rather than manually dragging each one back? -Bobbi There are many free utilities that will do this. I use IconRestore. http://download.cnet.com/Icon-Restore/3000-2072_4-10163499.html After installing, right-click on any folder on the desktop to save and restore desktop arra...

Removing Icon in Icon tray
How do you prevent the outlook icon from residing in the icon tray? I have unchecked "hide when minimized" option (right click on icon in icon tray). Thanks Bob Bob Day <BobDay@TouchTalk.net> wrote: > How do you prevent the outlook icon from residing in the icon tray? You can't, as far as I know, except by using Windows XP's ability to always hide the icon. -- Brian Tillman Windows XP? You can tell windows to always hide it. If it's the new mail envelope, you can disable that through Outlook's tools, options. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] ...