I implemented a grid control in a big MFC project.

Grid, a rect filled with cells, no line nor row.

If some one has time to purify it and put it to
www.codeproject.com,contact me.

If you need the code ,send me a mail.

0
song.z.d (18)
12/14/2006 2:28:52 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> Grid, a rect filled with cells, no line nor row.
>
> If some one has time to purify it and put it to
> www.codeproject.com,contact me.
>
> If you need the code ,send me a mail.

Why not contact codeproject directly or at least post in its own
newsgroup over there. Keep in mind though that codeproject has the
Chris Maunder's famous MFC grid control.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
12/14/2006 2:57:17 AM
It can not be merged and split illimitably and desirably.

0
song.z.d (18)
12/14/2006 3:19:12 AM
Have you created a new grid or are you looking for one?

Tom

"Amerce" <song.z.d@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Grid, a rect filled with cells, no line nor row.
>
> If some one has time to purify it and put it to
> www.codeproject.com,contact me.
>
> If you need the code ,send me a mail.

0
tserface (3860)
12/14/2006 5:00:59 AM
Tom Serface wrote:
> Have you created a new grid or are you looking for one?
>
> Tom

0
song.z.d (18)
12/15/2006 1:42:54 AM
> It can not be merged and split illimitably and desirably.

Dont know. I havent used it. However its going to tough to beat as its
one grid which has been used and tested very heavily and is richly
featured. Keep in mind most companies/professionals would buy
commercial packages if they want a grid.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
12/15/2006 2:19:44 AM
Chris Maunder's famous MFC grid control is like MS WORD's       and
can not be merged and split illimitably and desirably.

0
song.z.d (18)

Stock Control 02-19-08
Hi Iam really struggling with creating a stock control system on access. I have set up the table with all the info required these cover three tables, in stock, delievered stock and out stock I would like all these to add up and show me what I currently have in stock, but I am getting in a right muddle any help would be good, Thank you. If I can send you my tables by email I will so you can see what i have done Table 1 Currently In ProductID ProductName ProductDescription Serial Number Supplier UnitsInStock ReorderLevel Table 2 Delievered ProductID Date ProductName ProductDescription Del...

is there any warning signal when pst file grow too big
hi, is there any way to noticfy when the personal folder had grow too large?? Thanks There are policy settings for this for Outlook 2003. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 -- "sailfish" <sailfish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4A467B7-D4E4-4EDB-9DCB-0587438889B0@microsoft.com... > hi, is there any way to noticfy when the personal folder had grow too > large?? > > Thanks ...

MFC in Managed C++ Application
Hi, I M new in VC++ 7.0 I want to know whether we can use standard MFC classes in "Managed C++ applications" type projects for VC++ 7.0 Currently, the framework created by "Managed C++ Application" for VC++ projects does not supports usage of common MFC classes like CString. Do, I have to include some header to use MFC classes ? Thanks in advance for the response. Shadab. Managed C++ has its own string classes. To create applications with managed c++ use the "windows forms", or dig around the net because there is a way to integrate MC++ with normal code, ...

CListCtrl updates the whole control instead of just a single raw
Hi All, I use an object of CListCtrl in my view. My problem is that whenevr it updates, it does it to the whole screen instead of doing it just to the last one. Can someone advise please? Regards I. Greg "Greg" <greg@triplebit.com> wrote in message news:%23P81h9M3DHA.540@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > I use an object of CListCtrl in my view. My problem is that whenevr it > updates, it does it to the whole screen instead of doing it just to the last > one. The last what? > Can someone advise please? > > Regards > > I. Greg > >...

Acc2003 SP3 Deleting Label from new control causes Access to Crash
I have found that others have had this issue but was unable to locate a definitive fix. The reproducible scenario is to add a new control to a form and then delete the controls label prior to saving the form. Once the label has been deleted, if I try to see the form in form view access crashes. Additional detail 1: If I save after adding the control, close the form, then open the form, then delete the label: No Problem. Additional detail 2: This occurs across several mdb's and several access installs (All installs from the same source and at the same SP level) Additional ...

Excel 2007 cell grid lines
How do I display grid lines on a worksheet. Help tells me to tick the Grid lines box on the Show/Hide menu but when I do this nothing happens. -- Tenerife Alan Go to Tools menu, click Options, click View, and under windows options, select the Gridlines check box to show the gridlines. Hope it helps, Tina "Tenerife Alan" wrote: > How do I display grid lines on a worksheet. > Help tells me to tick the Grid lines box on the Show/Hide menu but when I do > this nothing happens. > -- > Tenerife Alan In EXCEL 2007:- View / Show/Hide group / make sure that Gridlin...

Disassociate existing macro from control key and execute by botton
I wish to change execution of a existing macro from a control key to a button. I do no want to rewrite the macro. I have assigned the macro to the button but the control key still has the capaibility of executing the macro. Trebor, If the control key is a shortcut (not assigned via the OnKey method), try this: Tools - Macro - Macros. Select your macro, click Options. Remove the shortcut letter from the box. OK -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "Trebor Retrac" <TreborRetrac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:904F804C-3914-4079-ADC3-D1170A75955D@microsof...

ms project help
how do i set up text wrap in a cell? Project is not like Excel in that you have to format a "cell". Just change the height of the row or the width of the column and the text in the "cells" that are wrappable will wrap. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 17/12/09 16:54, dum wrote: > how do i set up text wrap in a cell? ...

Solution and project on virtual machine
Hi! I had a solution with 3+1 project: 3 project for create DLL (Manager, Entities, Business) and 1 web project for use the created DLL VisualStudio 2008\Projects\MyPRJ I've copied my MyPRJ folder to another PC with Windows 7 on a Parallels Virtual Machine (over MAC) Now when I try to open my solution file I show errors that tell me that project path isn't right \\.psf\Home\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\MioProgetto\App3.dll or impossible to read project "App2.csproj" URI not valid Can you help me to modify my solution for allow me to use ...

Null returns from method in class project
For a VS2008 web application I added a class library project. When I use methods on even the simplest class in the class project I get null returned. What's up? blaa.... namespace x { public class Damn { public string DamnString{ get; set; } public Damn GetDamn() { Damn d = new Damn(); d.DamnString = "Everything in the object is null"; return d } } invoked by something like: Damn damn = new Damn(); damn.GetDamn(); Whack a break in the line after and damn.DamnString is null. Andy O'Neill wrote: ...

MFC and databases
Can anyone recommend any good examples, websites, books or other resources on how to get MFC to talk to databases? You should look at codeguru and codeproject for this. For ODBC, see this: http://www.codeproject.com/database/TemplateDB.asp MFC ships some samples related to database as well. You can also use ADO.Net in MFC if you want to go the managed way(managed cpp). ----------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com ...

using a modeless WinForms "application" from MFC
I'm in the process of adding a bunch of new .NET functionality to a (poorly behaved) legacy MFC application. One of the things I'm adding is a "source code editor" (ala VBA): the window should minimize/restore separately from the main application, have its own menu/toolbar, etc. The first approach was straight-forward enough: create the "application" as a Form and use it as a modeless dialog. However, things didn't work right with menu keyboard accelerators and the like (Ctrl-C, Alt-X, F1), apparently a result of the main MFC application grabbing them. ...

TextBox control not enabled with protection on
This has weird behavior, so I am sure it is a bug. I am trying to auto-total table columns in a document template (not a VBA form). The fields are ActiveX textboxes and in VBA I simply assign them to integers and total; ie effectively adding the values in TextBox1, Textbox2 etc to total in TextBox9. Then I assign the "Filling in forms" protection to the document. It works fine and dandy in the template (dotm) that I am creating, but it all goes wrong when I create a docm from it (which is of course what I want the users to do). When you open up a document fro...

panel method (from Java) in MFC
Hi, another small question: is there an option / method in c++ together with MFC to create a panel (like in java) where all items of this area (panel = rectangle) are included? So that you are able to hide all these items if you hide this panel? Here`s a small description of the "panel" in java http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/components/panel.html (The JPanel class provides general-purpose containers for lightweight components - like buttons and any other items from the tool menu in VS) best regards Hans It is clumsy to do, but not all that bad. ...

Access sample project
I’m looking for a sample Access project front end, (.adp) maybe ”Pubs” that accesses SQL Server Views and Stored Procedures. I need to examine the code and determine how calls to SQL Server are made. I have the Pubs db on SQL Server (2000), but do not have the Access project front end which would show me the calls/interface. Can anyone help? Thanks, Mark ...

reading Unicode files in MFC?
I've tried reading a Unicode text file using CStdioFile::ReadString(CString&) with no success. What is a way that I can read Unicode strings? Thanks. If you are not compiled under Unicode you will have to use CFile to read the file and if it is Unicode, just load the result into a CStringW. If you need to read Unicode files it will be much easier if you make the program Unicode. You can also use fgetsws() directly to read a wide string into a buffer then assign it to a CStringW (or CString if you want to convert it). If you compile as Unicode then CStdioFile will read and w...

MS Chart control axes limits
Hi, On trying to set high axes values for the MS Chart control, of about 500 the Visual Studio hangs for some time. It just does not accept anything above 1000 in resource editor mode. Is there any way to set such high values, I need values till about 10000? Also, does MS Chart control support things like moving average? TIA, Sucharit ...

track changes window is too big...can't select "okay" or "apply"
I can't scroll down and window is already moved to the top of the screen? Does anyone know what I can do? I can't think what you mean by "track changes window"? Do you maybe have your changes in a panel instead of underlines & strikeouts within the text? Version of Word? On Jan 20, 12:07=A0pm, gg <g...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I can't scroll down and window is already moved to the top of the screen?= =A0 > Does anyone know what I can do? ...

Project Web Access Assignment Note
In Project web access Mytasks web part for a perticular Tasks in Add/Edit Notes popup i see two text boxes , one for previous notes and one for current notes. I wanted know that from where do i see (or set) previous notes in first text box, i always see that empty. I am developing a custom web part , any idea through wehich PSI web service and web service method i can get previous as well as current notes for a task ? Thaks. ...

Access Parallel port from MFC?
wow.. I used to just read and write from this port in the old days. NOw I have to poll some signals externally and I need to access the port. There isn;t much online regarding the printer port. .. Can anyone point me to code that I can learn from for setting up and reading signals on a port? Thanks nap nappy wrote: > wow.. I used to just read and write from this port in the old days. NOw I > have to poll some signals externally and I need to access the port. There > isn;t much online regarding the printer port. .. Can anyone point me to code > that I can learn from for ...

tab control #2
Hi im developing ui framework in mfc. could you please tell me how to create non rectangular tab control? SunFire ...

Backup/Restore Project 2007
Hello, Have single servers complete backup taken with Backup option from Central administration. Installed new W2K3 server, installed Project server 2007 Trial, trying to do complete restore and encounter errors. What is correct way of restoring Project 2007 server to different computer ? Sam This way of restoring is correct. But usually there are errors related to different level of Service Packs, hotfixes applied to the servers. "Sam" wrote: > Hello, > > Have single servers complete backup taken with Backup option from Central > admini...

.NET usercontrol in MFC propertypage
Hi, What would it take to put a .NET usercontrol (System.Windows.Forms.UserControl) on a CPropertyPage ?? I can expose the .NET usercontrol to MFC as a ActiveX component (implementing nessecary interfaces and registering the .NET control in the registry) and build a wrapper for this ActiveX in my MFC app. Then it should be fairly easy to put the control on the page, right?? Is there some special initialization I must in my MFC app before using the wrapped .NET ActiveX ?? I think not as it goes through COM, right ?? Kr. Soren ...

GlobalMemoryStatusEx returns very big virtual memory size on x64
Even with the sample code from http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa366589(VS.85).aspx I get very big values. It seems like a bug on x64 platforms (I could be wrong and in fact it might be a cast problem). The values below are in bytes (I don't think my computer has 8191 = 0x1FFF GB total virtual memory) Total Virtual Memory 8796092891136 Avail Virtual Memory 8796008636416 And more, the same code compiled as x32 bit binary and as x64 bit binary returned different values but only for VM size (but if you look close you may see a mask 0x07FFFFFF which can be applied): c:\>TestV...

MFC print margin and setting paper size
Hi all, I am a newbie to MFC printing. I have two questions and need answers asap. The first question is the printing margin. The MFC program books tell that the printer's (0,0) is at the leftmost point of the paper, and you must set margin at member m_rectDraw of CPrintInfo to set the margin. However, I wrote a simple program to draw text from (0,0). In the CView client area it does show from the leftmost, but in the print preview it appears a margin area at the left and top of the text. My current program requires accurate location of the text. for example, I want to print text at exact...