Hyperlinks with C++ 6.0

Hi,

I hope this is the right place to post this question, it has to do with mfc
i guess.

I'm trying to hyperlink, a C++ application to a Microsoft Excel spread
sheet. Basically I want to simply open a file in Microsoft Excel. Does anyone
know of any ways of doing this? or any available ActiveX controls which I can
use to do this?

I have also tried to use the Microsoft Office Spreadsheet control version 9
and 10, and I just cannot get these to work. When I insert them into my
application, it just does not run properly. It starts up, but it does not
show any dialog boxes, just wastes memory.

Any help or other ideas will be very much appreciated.

Thanks.
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Use ShellExecute API
             Regards Tony
"visualDevC++" <visualDevC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I hope this is the right place to post this question, it has to do with
> mfc
> i guess.
>
> I'm trying to hyperlink, a C++ application to a Microsoft Excel spread
> sheet. Basically I want to simply open a file in Microsoft Excel. Does
> anyone
> know of any ways of doing this? or any available ActiveX controls which I
> can
> use to do this?
>
> I have also tried to use the Microsoft Office Spreadsheet control version
> 9
> and 10, and I just cannot get these to work. When I insert them into my
> application, it just does not run properly. It starts up, but it does not
> show any dialog boxes, just wastes memory.
>
> Any help or other ideas will be very much appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

To add to Tony's comment.  You can pass the path to the spreadsheet and use
the "open" keyword in ShellExecute().  That will tell the shell to find the
appropriate application and open it with that sheet:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/reference/functions/shellexecute.asp

Tom

"visualDevC++" <visualDevC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I hope this is the right place to post this question, it has to do with
> mfc
> i guess.
>
> I'm trying to hyperlink, a C++ application to a Microsoft Excel spread
> sheet. Basically I want to simply open a file in Microsoft Excel. Does
> anyone
> know of any ways of doing this? or any available ActiveX controls which I
> can
> use to do this?
>
> I have also tried to use the Microsoft Office Spreadsheet control version
> 9
> and 10, and I just cannot get these to work. When I insert them into my
> application, it just does not run properly. It starts up, but it does not
> show any dialog boxes, just wastes memory.
>
> Any help or other ideas will be very much appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

0
tserface (3860)
2/1/2006 3:32:21 PM
Thanks very much for the help.

"Tom Serface" wrote:

> To add to Tony's comment.  You can pass the path to the spreadsheet and use
> the "open" keyword in ShellExecute().  That will tell the shell to find the
> appropriate application and open it with that sheet:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/reference/functions/shellexecute.asp
>
> Tom
>
> "visualDevC++" <visualDevC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I hope this is the right place to post this question, it has to do with
> > mfc
> > i guess.
> >
> > I'm trying to hyperlink, a C++ application to a Microsoft Excel spread
> > sheet. Basically I want to simply open a file in Microsoft Excel. Does
> > anyone
> > know of any ways of doing this? or any available ActiveX controls which I
> > can
> > use to do this?
> >
> > I have also tried to use the Microsoft Office Spreadsheet control version
> > 9
> > and 10, and I just cannot get these to work. When I insert them into my
> > application, it just does not run properly. It starts up, but it does not
> > show any dialog boxes, just wastes memory.
> >
> > Any help or other ideas will be very much appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks.

Dates 01/1/02005 comes u ps as 0.011111111 #2
When I format for dates in a column I get this bogus number. How can I fix it so the column reads the date entries????? Thank you umm 01/1/02005 isn't a date - any reason you have the extra 0 in before the 2005? if this was a typo in your post then could you give us a couple of examples of your dates, let us know how you entered them and how you're trying to format them. Cheers JulieD "DateConfused" <DateConfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C460F2D-65A1-493F-AF77-EE1D477F99E7@microsoft.com... > When I format for dates in a column I get ...

does this group allow c# questions(re excel)
Are c# --->excel questions off topic here? Thanks mark Probably more appropriate to post over in the excel.programming group but most regulars monitor all groups so give it a shot there or here. That's all the help you'll get from me on C+<g> Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 7 Jan 2011 14:07:49 -0600, "mp" <nospam@Thanks.com> wrote: >Are c# --->excel questions off topic here? >Thanks >mark > ...

outlook 6
Every time I recive a email in outlook express ME verison I recive two of the same message. Is there a way to fix this so I only get one of each message.... LLOYD COBB This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplor...

Calendar Control Crashing with message saying "Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulting module comctl32.dll
Calendar Control Crashing with message saying The description for Event ID ( 1001 ) in Source ( Microsoft Internet Explorer ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: 02978920. 0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat 0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c ion Fail 0010: 75 72 65 20 20 69 65 78 ure iex 0018: 70 6c 6f 72 65 2e 65 78 plore.ex 0020: 65 20 36 2e 30 2e 32 36 e 6.0.26 0028: 30 30 2e 30 20 69 6e 20 00.0 in 0030: 63 6f 6d 6...

SharePoint Services 3.0 and Office 2007
It is my understanding that I might be able to leverage the sharepoint services 3.0 with Vista ultimate and Office 2007 to facilitate 'real time collaboration'. I would like to invite attendees through the calendar feature to view powerpoint presentations, MS Project milestones, alerts, tasks, etc. In Calendar, New appointment, invite attendees there is a 'meeting workspace' that I want to leverage. Looking for guidance on how to make this happen. Is there a way to establish a website on my own machine so that attendees can connect to it and view the ...

IT tests. XML, ASP.NET, HTML, C, C++, C#, VB.NET, SQL...
http://www.testyourabilities.com/it/ IT tests. XML, ASP.NET, HTML, C, C++, C#, VB.NET, SQL... ...

hyperlink #4
Hello, I have. a spreadsheet with 300+ records. One column has website addresses. How can I format those cells so that when I click on the web address, it will go to the websites? I know Excel explains it but I'm not understanding it. if someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Mindy Mindy Select the cells, hit F2 and ENTER as many times as needed to roll through the range and change to hyperlinks. Whole column at a time use this macro from David McRitchie. Sub MakeHyperlinks() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _ ...

AddSubContact (Crm3.0)
First I have to mention that I really love the new Sdk/ Webservice interface. Code has got lot more readable than before. I want to do something really simple: CrmService service= new CrmService(); service.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials; account Account = new account(); Account.name= „MyCompany“; Guid accountid = service.Create(Account); contact Contact = new contact(); Contact.lastname=”Foobar”; Guid contacted= service.Create(Contact); Now I would like to add the contact to the account and set it as primarycontact. In the old crm 1.2. days I did something l...

Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet that is 3604 rows & 6 columns. Column E has only hyperlinks to URL's. I have filtered my data via column B. I tried to A-Z Column A. When I do, the hyperlinks do not stay with the data. The mask looks correct but when you scroll over the hyperlink you see a completely different URL.????? Can anyone tell me how to make sure the Hyperlink keeps the correct URL when filtering and sorting the data. Try using the =HYPERLINK() worksheet function Tim "LeisaA" <LeisaA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3362C55C-FBA2-43...

5.4.6 and 5.1.0 NDRs
Hello, We have setup our first Exchange 2003 server, in a an Exchange 5.5 org, and sent a test email to all of our mailboxes to see if everything was ok from the Exchange 2003 server. However, 144 mailboxes returned a 5.4.6 NDR and several returned a 5.1.0 NDR message. Does anyone know how to resolve this? As usual my boss wants Exchange 2003 setup company wide yesterday, so any info would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance Ste Sounds like some kind of routing loop. Can you post some information regarding the corresponding event log entries and your Exchange design. Nue &quo...

Excel 2000 Hyperlinks
Probably a silly question, but how do you turn off hyperlinks? I know how to remove them, but I want the entire feature turned off so that when I type an email address it doesn't turn it into an active hyperlink. In XP, you can go to Tools, Autocorrect options, but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. >>but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. Me either. You could precede the entry with an apostrophe. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP .... or hit CTRL-Z right after it converts. Rgds, Andy ...

Can .Net Framework2.0 replace Framework1.1 entirely?
Can .Net Framework2.0 replace Framework1.1 entirely? I encounters a strange problem while we upgrades Framework from 1.1 to 2.0. We develops a problem by VS.Net2003 that is based on Framework1.1. The problem is based MFC, that means we writes unmanaged code. We compiled the problem by VS.net2003 and FrameWork1.1, then distributes to user. In user's environment, it installed .Net Framework2.0, but not Framework 1.1. then a strange problem appears. when user inputs Japanese characters by IME in a popup window, it doesn't work. for example, while user inputs "あい" by I...

Sort #6
Simple question. While entering data in column form with the titles below: Last Name First Name Address City etc. I then request it to sort all the last names in descending order. How do I prevent it from including the "Last" as an entree? ie. Gorden Jones Last Miller Simms Thanks Bert dont select that row when you select the data to sort -- paul remove nospam for email addy! "BertP" wrote: > Simple question. While entering data in > column form with the titles below: > > Last Name First Name Address City et...

Hyperlinks and e-mail
I want to be able to send an e-mail as a result of a vlookup. so if I have the name in Col A,the email address in Col B,the case number in Col C and the Vlookup formula on a different page I want to be able to lookup the name and also get the email hyperlink, with the case number included in the subject field. Then I need to automate that process with a Macro.......... Ade Hi not quite sure this is what you want but for mailing macros have a look at Ron's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ade wrote: > I want to be able to send a...

Can you hyperlink to a hyperlink?
I'm am having trouble linking/referencing a cell that contains another hyperlink. There is a master list on one tab, that has hyperlinks to all documents listed. Our other tabs (within the same spreadsheet) contain the same information that is stored in the master list tab, but specific to a group. (i.e. a training tab, lists only the training documents) The idea is to maintain only the hyperlink on the master list page, but allow others to click of the hyperlink to a document on their specific group tab, and it would open the document. Originally, I just used the &q...

Hyperlinks not hyperlinked in long messages
I am receiving a regular mail which contains many hyperlinks. It seems that, when the message exceeds a certain size, only the first hyperlinks work (colored blue and underlined), but they stop working somewhere in the last third of the message. I see this happening with messages with sizes of 129, 185, 210 KB. But on another message with 43KB all the hyperlinks work. (I can send the mentioned messages to someone willing to suggest a solution) I don't know if the problem has to do with the size of the message or the number of hyperlinks within. But if I break one of these messages i...

Hyperlinking images
I have a worksheet with several columns. One of the columns is entitled image which I've hyperlinked to image files. I thought that if I were to email this worksheet to someone else that my images would go along with it. Not happening. How do I set it up, so that the images are embedded on each row as a file name and if I email it to someone, all of the images are transferred also. I know it's a simple solution, but I'm not finding it. Thanks. You must either send all the image files along with the workbook or insert the images into the workbook. Sending ...

Hyperlink?
I have been trying to put a hyperlink to a bank in an Excel cell. After difficulty I tried very carefully to follow instructions. When I click on the link, I get a message that starts with "Unable to open <address>" and ends with "Cannot download the information you requested." I do not know if the following is a clue. The address in the cell starts with http://. If I manually copy the address and paste it into the browser it works. But the address that finally appears starts with https://. The rest of the address is modified as well. I am using a relatively...

Unable to launch Outlook 2003 from IE 6 #2
I am trying to send an email from ie using the File>Send>Page by email OR Link by email and I can't even get Outlook to launch. Anyone have any ideas??? Aloha newbro2@gmail.com, What happens when you try? -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm > I am trying to send an email from ie using the File>Send>Page by email > OR Link by email and I can't even get Outlook to launch. Anyone have > any ideas??? > ...

create a hyperlink field for a tamplate?
I have a template with various fields, when I make use of it, all fields are displayed correctly. One of this fields is a text string that holds pathname and file name of a document related to the record. I would like to have this string come in as a hyperlink, and not have to go and manually change each cell in the column with the Insert - Hyperlink commands. Does anyone knows how to do this? NEW If using Excel 2002 or 2003 you can set this up under Tools>Autocorrect Options>Autoformat as you type. For existing strings a formula in an adjacent cell....... =HYPERLINK(cellref) ...

Money 2004 Deluxe #6
I can not get my portfolio to update online. I have the symbols in the Abbreviation box and the transfer says it is "complete" not showing any errors, however the quotes are not updated. ...

Insert hyperlink off and on ?
Why does the insert hyperlink drop down appear grayed out sometimes but at other times it works just fine. This is when I am doing a regular e-mail and want to highlight a term and insert a hyperlink. Outlook 2000. Just seems to have a mind of its own. ...

Hyperlink
I have successfully hyperlinked from a cell in Excel to a Visio file. Does anyone know how to link to a specific shape within the Visio file? The hyperlink can include page, shape, and zoom percent. Ex: http: //MyServer/MyDrawing.vsd#Page-2/Sheet.1?zoom=100 Visio will display the page, center the shape, and zoom to the given percent (but will not select the shape). Hope this helps, -- Bill K. Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "JD" <jd@tivo.com> wrote in message news:068301c350a0$badcfc60$a101280...

Installing Business Portal 3.0 on a x64 server
I am having issues trying to run the install program for Business Portal 3.0 on a Windows 2003 x64 server. IIS is running in 32bit mode, and Sharepoint 2.0 has installed just fine. It is only the business portal 3.0 install program that will not execute properly.. Anyone been through this? I was able to get around the install issue by running the MSI file from shared CDROM. But am having issues running the business portal site....After I extend the sharepoint site, I don't have an option for NTLM. I believe this is why I can't open the business portal site. Again, if anyone has...

hyperlink problem
i have three columns that make up my pdf file names i.e. example: columnA=2010, columnB=03, columnC=33 (my file name is 20100333.pdf). i want to have a column that opens corresponding pdf files. moreover i would like the function to look up for the files in the same drive that my excel files relies on. i have all these in usb and i change many computers so each computer may give a different drive letter name to my usb. can i achieve something like that? p.s. i want to open the pdf file directly, not through the internet explorer. ...