Hyperlinks with C++ 6.0

Hi,

I hope this is the right place to post this question, it has to do with mfc
i guess.

I'm trying to hyperlink, a C++ application to a Microsoft Excel spread
sheet. Basically I want to simply open a file in Microsoft Excel. Does anyone
know of any ways of doing this? or any available ActiveX controls which I can
use to do this?

I have also tried to use the Microsoft Office Spreadsheet control version 9
and 10, and I just cannot get these to work. When I insert them into my
application, it just does not run properly. It starts up, but it does not
show any dialog boxes, just wastes memory.

Any help or other ideas will be very much appreciated.

Thanks.
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Use ShellExecute API
             Regards Tony
"visualDevC++" <visualDevC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I hope this is the right place to post this question, it has to do with
> mfc
> i guess.
>
> I'm trying to hyperlink, a C++ application to a Microsoft Excel spread
> sheet. Basically I want to simply open a file in Microsoft Excel. Does
> anyone
> know of any ways of doing this? or any available ActiveX controls which I
> can
> use to do this?
>
> I have also tried to use the Microsoft Office Spreadsheet control version
> 9
> and 10, and I just cannot get these to work. When I insert them into my
> application, it just does not run properly. It starts up, but it does not
> show any dialog boxes, just wastes memory.
>
> Any help or other ideas will be very much appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

To add to Tony's comment.  You can pass the path to the spreadsheet and use
the "open" keyword in ShellExecute().  That will tell the shell to find the
appropriate application and open it with that sheet:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/reference/functions/shellexecute.asp

Tom

"visualDevC++" <visualDevC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I hope this is the right place to post this question, it has to do with
> mfc
> i guess.
>
> I'm trying to hyperlink, a C++ application to a Microsoft Excel spread
> sheet. Basically I want to simply open a file in Microsoft Excel. Does
> anyone
> know of any ways of doing this? or any available ActiveX controls which I
> can
> use to do this?
>
> I have also tried to use the Microsoft Office Spreadsheet control version
> 9
> and 10, and I just cannot get these to work. When I insert them into my
> application, it just does not run properly. It starts up, but it does not
> show any dialog boxes, just wastes memory.
>
> Any help or other ideas will be very much appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

0
tserface (3861)
2/1/2006 3:32:21 PM
Thanks very much for the help.

"Tom Serface" wrote:

> To add to Tony's comment.  You can pass the path to the spreadsheet and use
> the "open" keyword in ShellExecute().  That will tell the shell to find the
> appropriate application and open it with that sheet:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/reference/functions/shellexecute.asp
>
> Tom
>
> "visualDevC++" <visualDevC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I hope this is the right place to post this question, it has to do with
> > mfc
> > i guess.
> >
> > I'm trying to hyperlink, a C++ application to a Microsoft Excel spread
> > sheet. Basically I want to simply open a file in Microsoft Excel. Does
> > anyone
> > know of any ways of doing this? or any available ActiveX controls which I
> > can
> > use to do this?
> >
> > I have also tried to use the Microsoft Office Spreadsheet control version
> > 9
> > and 10, and I just cannot get these to work. When I insert them into my
> > application, it just does not run properly. It starts up, but it does not
> > show any dialog boxes, just wastes memory.
> >
> > Any help or other ideas will be very much appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks.

CRM 3.0 Server Error in '/' Application when accessing Reports via
Hi, I've got a server running Sharepoint 2003 and CRM 3.0, both using SQL 2000 Server, which is a separate server. All Windows Server 2003. The default website on the CRM site has always been stopped and the CRM site has a host header, the CRMReports folder is inside the CRM website. No SSL enabled on the CRM site. All has been running fine until the last couple of days, now when we go to http://crm and click on 'Reports' in the CRM app via IE, we get the following error: Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. --------------------...

#div/0!
I am trying to get an average score for each month of the year and I have a spreedsheet where the total is the following formula =AVERAGE(H22:H33) But until each month ot the year is completed it only shows #div/0!. Is there a way to force it to show the average if you only have data in H22 and H23 etc? Jim Hi =IF(COUNT(H22:H33),AVERAGE(H22:H33),"") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "big jim" <jims@nospamisp.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:u#YECqTuEHA.2788@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I am trying to get an average score for each month of the yea...

Shared Workbooks #6
Hi I am using the sharing facilty to enable multiple simultaneous editing access to a workbook. The problem that I want to solve is that the workbook always seems to open in "thiswork.saved = false" mode i.e. the workbook always prompts the user to save when closing even if no changes have been made. Apart form using VB* (which is my curent workaround), is there a solution to this? Thanks Tim * the reason I want o avoid Vb is that I am tryiing to eliminate extra steps and including VB would mean users get the "enable macros" screen each time they open it - and outr IT...

RMS v2.0 causing spontaneous shutdowns?
I don't have any 'hard' evidence but I've heard more complaints about spontaneous shutdowns in the last few days than in my entire life prior to installing RMS v2.0 I've had two of four Store Ops servers (Windows 2003 Server Std Ed) spontaneously shutdown and at least two 'regular' PCs. They give no warning. Screen goes black just like power failure, then imediately the machine is starting up. Anybody else? Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0D8C_01C79D99.154096A0 Content-Type: text/plain; c...

Can't open Excel in IE 6
I can't open an Excel 2000 document in IE6. Another window opens but the spreadsheet isn't displayed. My coworker can open it. The document contains several worksheets and one contains a textbox (which might be a problem). I need to be able to view, from this website, 22 worksheets per catagory with 4 catagories total. Help!!! ...

load all CRM account with c#
Hi, I have to run trough all accounts which are in database. Therefore I have choosen the CRMAccount proxy object which you can find under Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.CRMAccount. With this object i`m able to load accounts with a special AccountID. But I want to load all account without giving the method any ID. Is there a way to turn this intend into reality. thanks for your help Thomas Ott ITVT germany you can use fetch-xml (and CCRMQuery::ExecuteQuery()) to do this. The SDK docs have more info on fetch-xml syntax etc. Jagan Peri Microsoft Business Solutions CRM This posting is p...

Hyperlinking to Many Pictures
Hello. I am using Microsoft Office 2000 I have a workbook that contains approximately 10 columns, 240 rows of information. Each row has to reference an external file, which will be a hyperlink to an external picture. I know how to manually create the hyperlinks, but I was only wondering if there was possibly an easier way? I was envisioning the possibility of dragging and dropping to create the hyperlinks, or something easy like that. Could anyone provide assistance? No matter how complex, I'll attempt it, and no matter how simple, I will not be ashamed to hear it. Thank you. ---...

check box #6
I put a number of checkboxs in my spreadhseet - all in a strait row going down. But, I didnt line them up properly - is there a way to snap them to grid or somehow line them all up with each other (they are all the same size) ? Thanks ynissel, I hate to be this way but it will be easier to remove all but the top one and start over. I place the first one the way I want it in relation to a cell, I then just drag down as many as I want and they are all lined up. This works if you have NOT assigned the check box to a cell. If you have already assigned it to a cell it will give you cop...

Installation Problem with 10.0
I am having an issue installing GP 10.0 on our client machines. I have it installed on our server and up and running but am getting the following message when trying to install on the clients. "Error" "ProductInfo,Product,Attribute" I am always getting this after we get to the ODBC section and it asks us for the server name. We have entered the same of our new server and also the name of the server that GP is using when running on the new server. (For some reason on the new server you have to call it server Dynamics GP instead of the name we gave our new server). Ca...

Analysis Cubes in Dynamics GP 9.0
I am a user of Analysis Cubes and am currently in preparing to upgrade GP from 8.0 to 9.0. We run GP on SQL Server 2000 and will remain on 2000 through this upgrade. CustomerSource only shows Analysis Cubes for 2005 with GP 9.0. a) Can anyone tell me if I can run Analysis Cubes in Dynamics GP 9.0 on SQL Server 2000? b) Can Analysis Cubes for 2005 use GP data on a SQL Server 2000 database and populate cubes in SQL Server 2005? Thanks, Dan Dan, You can use the install of analysis cubes that is in the cd. The install from the cd does not work with SQL Server 2005 that is why they r...

Date Function to go back 6 months
I want a query to only pull records going back 6 months from the current month, how do I do this? I know I can use a Between but I don't want to have to go in and change the Dates each month. I just want it to automatically pull everything from Current Month Back 6 Months. Any help is greatly appreciated Brian -- Brian Conner Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server-programming/200912/1 Ok, I think I have it, I used the following: C.CLOSE_DATE BETWEEN GETDATE() AND GETDATE()-6 Brian Conner wrote: >I want a query...

CRM 4.0 Data Migration Manager
Hi I have an accounts csv file with account number (from old system), account name address etc. I also have a contacts file which has the account number, contact name etc. There are a lot of accounts with exctly the same name but different number and details. I want to use the crm 4.0 data migration manager to import these and link the contacts to the accounts. Have tried a few times and i keep getting the error saying - duplicate reference could not be resolved. How do i go about this please? I would relaly appreciate some guidance.. Cheers Snow White Hi, I've had a similar si...

Business Contact Manager #6
I was wondering if BCM uses the .pst to store its information. I was wondering this because I wanted to ensure that I backed up all my contact information. I currenlty backup my .pst now. If this is not the case, does someone know how to properly backup BCM? Thanks, Bob ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Just keeping this alive to find the answer. . ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View...

Business Portal 3.0 timesheet modifications
Hi, Is there a way to modify the timesheet printout to insert company logo and/or change lables. Thank you ...

Hyperlinks won't work without permission
I am running Win XP and have administrator rights. However, if I click on any hyperlink within an email, I get an error message that the "operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect of this computer - see your administrator". All Win XP updates have been installed. OL2002: Error Message: This Operation Has Been Cancelled Due to Restrictions in Effect on this Computer... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q310049 -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03e701c3a013$...

Build 'show 0 as -' into existing formula
Hi All, I have a working formula as follows: =SUMPRODUCT(('Timelines Data'!B4:B52="Modelling")*('Timelines Data'!D4:D52<=TODAY())*('Timelines Data'!E4:E52>=TODAY())) This returns the number of projects active in the 'Modelling' phase. The results table is large and to make it more readable I would like to show '0' as '-'. Would it be possible to show how I could build this is or is there an alternative option. Thanks Carol Custom format the cell as: General;-General;"-" http://www.ozgrid.com/Exc...

Symantec Antivirus Corp Edition 9.0 & SMSE 4.5
I'm running Symantec Corp Edition 9.0 for file level protection and SMSE 4.5 for exchange. I know I have to exclude the Exchange folders under Symantec Corp Edition 9.0. Do I have to Enable or Disable Microsoft Exchange Auto Protect in 9.0? (Under Configure, Microsoft Exchange Auto-protect)? You would want to enable this so that Symantec will scan any message that comes through your Exchange client (Outlook). If someone sets up internet mail through Outlook you will be protected. Look at the Help that comes with the client and it will explain when you might not want to set this. &q...

Usage of CRM 3.0
Hi all: Is there any obligation by downloading the beta? I mean, I am willing to download it , but only to play a little bit with it, to understand the internal (SQL) structures, because I have customers with CRM. But nothing else (by now). Any ideas? Thank you for your time (and patience with me) -- Alejandro Leguizamo SQL Server MVP Colombia www.solidqualitylearning.com ___________________________________ Hi Alejandro, You can download MSCRM v3.0 for testing purposes. You cannot use this version for production implementations (key is only valid for 90 days). In case you do fi...

Can you hyperlink to a hyperlink?
I'm am having trouble linking/referencing a cell that contains another hyperlink. There is a master list on one tab, that has hyperlinks to all documents listed. Our other tabs (within the same spreadsheet) contain the same information that is stored in the master list tab, but specific to a group. (i.e. a training tab, lists only the training documents) The idea is to maintain only the hyperlink on the master list page, but allow others to click of the hyperlink to a document on their specific group tab, and it would open the document. Originally, I just used the &q...

Hyperlink to Bookmarks-Word 2007
When I add a hyperlink to my bookmarks, they are inserting a "#" in front of the bookmark name. It didn't do this in the past. Does anyone know why it is happening now? Did I change some setting without knowing it? Could it be that you have field codes displayed? Press Alt+F9 to hide them. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "SallyF" <SallyF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32D29914-674F-4DC5-8D18-862166BCAAED@microsoft.com... > When I add a hyperlink to my bookmarks, they are inserting a "#" in front > of >...

Calling webservice from unmanaged C++ app
I have an unmanaged app written using VS2003 VC++. I was able to connect to a webservice by selecting "Add Web Reference" and selecting a WSDL file in the project menu. This created a header file that had functions exposed by the webserver that I was able to call. In that file, there was an explicit reference to the URL where the webservice lives. This is fine if i always want to use that particular webserver. However, I need to dynamically specify the URL because we have people at corporate that need to connect to different databases at different locations that all use t...

Faxing in MS CRM 3.0
Hello All, >From what I understand, the SBS edition of MS CRM 3.0 has integration with SBS 2003 Fax Server. However, this seems where faxing capabilities of MS CRM 3.0 stop. I have requests from many hot prospects on the faxing capabilities of MS CRM 3.0 when it comes to the Professional edition and not the SBS edition. More specifically, please provide me with your comments on the following: 1. What is the best way to send faxes from within MS CRM 3.0 Professional ? 2. Does the "Send Fax" button in SBS version also appear in the Professional version ? If it does, what it actua...

Hiding Zero Value plus 0.2
I am using this formula, =CELL("contents",C18)*24+0.2, and in the blank cell it puts 0.2 Is there anyway that the cell can be left blank until I enter data into the referenced (c18) cell? Thanks in advance for your help. Miles Reed -- mcr1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mcr1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15496 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=274666 Hi use =IF(C18="","",C18*24+0.2) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "m...

Letter Writing Assistand and Collections Letters (GP8.0)
We are trying to streamline things in here and we are currently looking at GP helping us with getting the $$ in quicker. Question - has the letter writing assist replace collections letters in v8.0? I ask because the collections letters maintenance fields are greyed out in v8.0 Cheers Theo We have been told by our Microsoft Partner that If you have the collections Module then Letter writing will not work. We are struggling with getting the collectins module to work. "Theo@australia.org.au" wrote: > We are trying to streamline things in here and we are > currently l...

Moving Hyperlinks
Hi, I am hoping I am not asking a dumb question here! I have a workbook that has a number of worksheets that all contain external links. I am running into a problem where if I have to insert data or a new link in a certian place, my hyperlinks don't seem to want to move with the cell contents. Maybe if I provided a visual it might help? Column A Column B Column C Dog Cat Bird Dog2 Cat2 Bird2 Dog3 Cat3 Bird3 Each one of the cells is hyperlinked to an external website. If I wanted to mo...