HTML Help Context Sens. Help in Dialogs

Hey folks,

I've been able to add context-sensitive HTML Help to an MFC dialog box, but
there's an annoying behavior that I'm wondering if there's a workaround for
(or if it's a bug).  Version is VS2008 (not SP1 beta).

If I click the "Help Tool" on a particular button that I've got mapped to an
HTML file, the wrong control help ID gets sent to the OnHelpInfo(HELPINFO*
pHelpInfo) handler.  Visually, when running the dialog, there appears to be
a "cursor" of sorts that highlights one button at a time (focus?), and this
cursor seems to respond to the tab-key.  It appears that it is the help
control ID corresponding to this button that's getting sent rather than the
button I click on with the tool.  If I tab around the dialog until the
button in question is highlighted, then the Help Tool click sends the
correct help control id and brings up the right help file, as does F1.

It appears that the Help Tool is not actually doing an actual hit test on
individual controls in the dialog, but instead sends the help control id for
whatever control currently has focus.

Is the idea in a dialog that you shouldn't be keying to individual controls,
but rather just have a single Help page for the whole dialog?  Or is this a
bug...

Thanks.

0
nospam9166 (76)
7/28/2008 10:15:26 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Folders please help
We are trying to use Outlook for our business. We are adding in all of our contacts in to the contacts folder. In that folder we want to make seperate folders for each businesses folder. Like Page 1., Page 2.. Do you understand? If you need more explaining please let me know Thanks! Gloria <gloria@northwesternwisconsin.com> wrote: > We are trying to use Outlook for our business. We are > adding in all of our contacts in to the contacts folder. > In that folder we want to make seperate folders for each > businesses folder. Like Page 1., Page 2.. Do you > und...

outlook and HTML message
I am using outlook 2003. I have composed a message in HTML and using POP yahoo account. I sent a message to myself. In my outlook I got that message with one extra line after each line break. Where to correct the problem. Is it outlook issue or my yahoo pop issue. When I send the same email to my Gmail account, in the browser it looks the same as what I sent i.e. no extra lines etc. thanks. Put your HTML message in a table cell. "abcd" <abcd@abcd.com> wrote in message news:%23F72x7JkGHA.4828@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I am using outlook 2003. I have composed a messag...

help #3
please help me get my money back just download the brochure http://www.ArmchairTycoon.com/bobcam/business dont have to read it, just delete it thanks ...

Runtime error 462 help
Access 2007 and reference Microsoft Outlook 12.0 object library First time run, it's OK. On the 2nd time run, it gives "runtime error 462. The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable." http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319832 talks about unqualified reference but I don't know how to fix my code. Also, I need 2 line gap between 'dear' line and table below it but don't know how to do it. Thank you for helping. Song Private Sub cmdEmail_Click() Dim olApp As Outlook.Application Dim objMail As Outlook.MailItem Dim ctlBod...

How to insert a dialog in vc using the control of vb?
I am heard that the control of vb can insert into a dialog of vc, who could tell me how to do in detail?and if it can insert into a dialog of vc,I want to know how the control's property and function will use in vc?who could give a example? One option would be to make it an ActiveX control in VB and use it in a MFC/VC module. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "LeeTow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote in message news:#YegMsfmEHA.1656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I am heard that the control of vb can insert into a dialog of vc, > who could tell me how to do ...

Viewing HTML in E-mail for Outlook 97
How do you view HTML e-mail messages in Outlook 97. The mail program does not have HTML settings and when I open mail that has HTML, it coverts all of the HTML to hyperlinks. So I can't see graphics, photos, etc in- line...many thanks! Dwayne Outlook 97 does not support HTML at all. The first version to support this was Outlook 98. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Dwayne &...

Formula help #68
I already use a formulain D2 that reads: =MAX(0,C2-6)*17+MAX(0,C2-10)*33+MAX(0,C2-30)*50 This formula gives me the Amount to Charge(D2) for Days used at Origin(C2) The Charges used in this formula are as follows: The first 6 days are free the 7th 8th 9th and 10th days are charged $17 a day the 11th through the 29th day are charged $50 a day the 30th day and above are charged $100 a day FYI---->(17+33+50=100) I need a formula that gives me the Days used at Destination.The problem Im having is that I can't make the above formula work because the origin days figure in and if the origin...

Please help! Printing trouble with Money
Hello, Yesterday I wrote that I was having trouble printing a partial check using Money 2005. I also have one copy of Money 2006 on my Notebook computer. Even though I don’t want to use money 2006 I tried printing a partial check with it. I am getting the same results as I am getting with 2005. I am putting the print check settings on: Paper fed: Along feeder side Paper inserted: Right edge first But the check continues to print on the left side in both copies of money. I have money 2005 on my Notebook and my Desktop computers and they both print ...

calculation help 04-20-10
I will try to explain this I want to have a running total for C D F and G and use the numbers in A as a filter so if I filter the numbers = 33369 I want the totals of C D F G in other cells on the sheet (ie L6,M6,N6,O6) The data in A C D F G is entered maually > In the data below I want to calculate the column C ,D, F ,G but filtered by > Column A > A C D F G > > 33369 04/06/10 2 10 04/06/10 2 3 > 33369 04/07/10 0 11 04/07/10 2 10 > 33369 > 23456 > 2345...

outlook help #9
I have a user who loggs in remotely using terminal server 2000,he has no home directory and after authentication,the outlook hangs. any suggestion...please post. Need more info - what do you mean by he has no home directory? Have you set one up for him and is it mapped in his account properties? This is probably best posted in m.p.windows.terminal_services - with more detail (what version of Outlook, what kind of mail account, where are PST files stored if any, etc) matt wrote: > I have a user who loggs in remotely using terminal server > 2000,he has no home directory and after aut...

Need help with If statement
I added a text box, txtRetain, to a report. I also added the following code to the report's Open event: Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer) If Forms!frmMainScreen!frmProjectSubFormTab!chkRetain = True Then [txtRetain].Value = "This Proposal is for material only" Else [txtRetain].Value = "Nothing" End If I'm trying to post the text (Value) when the checkbox, chkRetain, is checked. I only get the following error when I run the report: Run-time error '2448'; You can't assign a value to this object. What can I do to di...

Generating HTML
Is there ant way to include the Internet Explorer component in a MFC .exe project and somehow generate HTML. Maybe first generate XML and then using XSLT templates to generate HTML. For any solutions i'de be very thankfull. Regards, Mystique Yaa >>Is there ant way to include the Internet Explorer component in a MFC .exe project You can use CHtmlView class to use Internet Explorer in your MFC application. >> Maybe first generate XML and then using XSLT templates to generate HTML. You can use MSXML to create XML document. MSXML has many interfaces that you could use for ...

Recipient Policy and LDAP Query Help Needed
Hi everyone, We are using Exchange 2003, now with Recipient Policies i'm trying to get both groups and users with the same attribute and am trying the following: (&(objectCategory=group)(objectCategory=user)(extensionAttribute1=ozpacific)(extensionAttribute1=ozpacific)) But it returns nothing, if I try to query JUST users, it returns results like it should and the same with groups, but as soon as I try to put them both in 1 query, like above, it returns nothing... what am doing wrong there? Thanks in advance, Matthew "OzPacific" <matthew@ozpacific.net.au> wrote: ...

get_outerhtml for the HTML element does not return <HTML>......</HTML>
//////////sample code snippet//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// hr = _Browser->get_Document(&document_dispatch); if (SUCCEEDED(hr) && (document_dispatch != NULL)) { IHTMLDocument3 *document = NULL; hr = document_dispatch->QueryInterface(IID_IHTMLDocument3,(void **)&document); IHTMLElement* pElem; hr = document->get_documentElement(&pElem); // document.documentelement.outerhtml if (hr == S_OK && pElem != NULL) { pElem->get_tagName(&bstrTemp); //bstrTemp contains "HTML" for the HTML el...

What happened to the index in the Help menu?
The index used to be the only useful part of the Help menu in Excel. Now it doesn't seem to exist anymore in the Office 2003 version. Am I just not seeing it, or did they really take it out? It is gone. Use the answer wizard and type in your keyword. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 13:28:02 -0800, judanna77 <judanna77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >The index used to be the only useful part of the Help menu in Excel. Now it >doesn't seem to exist anymore in the Office 2003 version. Am I just not >seeing it, or did they really take it out? ...

Help! Setfocus problem
i ave a dropdown field on the first tab. I use setfocus so that it selects a different field to stop users scrolling down and changing the selection on the load event. Problem When a user changes tab and come back to the origional tab the setfocus doesnt run as the form is already loaded. How do you get around this? This is driving me and users mad at minute...please help before i open another bottle of dark rum! Hi Brian, Check out following URL; how to fire onclick event on tab click. It may help you. http://crmrocks.net/?p=16 -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post wa...

Need Help with this Error Message....
I just purchased Office X.v and installed it onto my Mac. I also removed Office Test Drive before installing the full Office X.v, but i didn't empty my trash. So after I installed the full version i keep getting the error "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load Microsoft Framework X library" on all office programs. I read on mactopia that this could be caused by "lock" identities in the microsoft identity file, but all of mine are unlocked. When i tried to empty my trash, it would not empty a few microsoft file because it says they are in use. Framework ...

Conditional Formatting Help #5
Could anyone please advise how I can conditionally format cells so that the highest & lowest value in the range is formatted. I've tried 'Formula is MAX($A$1:$A$10)' but no joy. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jay Hi Jay, Try this, Select cells A1 to A10 go to CF and set 'cell value is' 'equal to' and put your formula in the third box =MAX($A$1:$A$10) HTH Martin Hi Jay, See my page http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htm The selection has nothing to do with the range you are picking the max from. The selection indicates the ...

HELP: How To Turn Off Generation of Secondary SMTP Addresses
Hello, I've got an exchange setup that receives mail on domain-a.com (primary SMTP) and domain-b.com, domain-c.com etc... This works fine, apart from, for every new user/mailbox, it assigned the user the primary address and all the secondary addresses. I'd like to have it so that only the primary address is created, and the secondary address are not. As only a handful of users need/should have secondary SMTP addresses, so it's easier to add them manually as needed. However, i can't see how i turn off generation of the secondary addresses, without breaking the reciving...

HELP! Seeking Instructions to Create Report of POS (NOT RMS) Discounts Applied #3
We need to run monthly reports to determine how many of our different Discounts are claimed/used and the proceeds not tendered. We have offered a number of discounts to customers and employees as incentives and cannot find a method to track how each discount is applied (e.g., buy one, get one free with coupon). The built-in Discounted Sales report in POS 2.0 lists only the resulting Sale Price; we seek to have the report sorted by PresetDiscount type but the Advanced Report Filter dialog does not list Discount in the Field dropdown box and we can't locate the table in which transactions...

Print a HTML document programatically
Hi, I need to print a html docment dynamically produced at runtime, at that instance. I'm using shellexecute for this, which is popping up the Windows default PrintDialog. I want it to be printed directly. Can anyone suggest a solution or give some sample code for this. Please do reply. Thanks in Advance. Regards, Ajay Kumar Have you looked at IWebBrowser2::ExecWB? This also might be helpful: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnie55/html /wb_print.asp -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Ajay Kumar" &...

Help files for installing SP3
Since there have been lots of things learned about installing SP3, can someone *point me to* (1) the best information for getting ready for the install. (2) information to follow when things don't go right. Not sure if I have the correct Microsoft instructions (getting ready to install) (what not to do) (how to get out of a jam) etc. I could be described as a power user of software apps, but I'm not familiar with hardware-drivers, etc. I may have to do my own install. 5tulips "5tulips" <5tulips@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

help me #2

Outlook 2007 Calender Permissions Context Menu does not open on right-click (only 1 user affected)
Hello, one of our users cannot open the context menu to set calendar permissions in Outlook 2007 (right-clicking on calendar). Hourglass appears and process hangs forever (window does not even appear). Have to use taskman to end it. No events appearing in event viewer that relate in any way :( Further details: xp32, Office 2007 Pro, all patches (2010-06-24) Running Processes, Services, Antivirus and other tools are the same for all users (accessing permissions work for others). No macros running in background. Any clue where to start my search or what to fix? Would be nice if I wouldn&#...

Macro Help