how to specify a horizontal line in MFC resource file

Hi;
 i have this problem.
 I want to add a horizontal line somewhere on the dialog box.
 However, i cannot find any control like GROUPBOX|, CHECKBOX
 representing a single horizontal line ?
 How can i achieve this?

best regards
bav

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Add a picture control to your dialog and change its type from frame to
vertical etch.

AliR.

"bav" <baudewijn.vermeire@skynet.be> wrote in message
> Hi;
> i have this problem.
> I want to add a horizontal line somewhere on the dialog box.
> However, i cannot find any control like GROUPBOX|, CHECKBOX
> representing a single horizontal line ?
> How can i achieve this?
>
> best regards
> bav

0
AliR3470 (3235)
3/7/2007 7:40:11 PM
Ok thanks, found:

 The result is something like
CONTROL         "",IDC_STATIC,"Static",SS_ETCHEDHORZ,49,63,230,1

in the resource RC file.

thanks

"AliR (VC++ MVP)" <AliR@online.nospam> schreef in bericht
> Add a picture control to your dialog and change its type from frame to
> vertical etch.
>
> AliR.
>
> "bav" <baudewijn.vermeire@skynet.be> wrote in message
>> Hi;
>> i have this problem.
>> I want to add a horizontal line somewhere on the dialog box.
>> However, i cannot find any control like GROUPBOX|, CHECKBOX
>> representing a single horizontal line ?
>> How can i achieve this?
>>
>> best regards
>> bav

Oops I ment Horizontal Etch.

AliR.

"AliR (VC++ MVP)" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message
> Add a picture control to your dialog and change its type from frame to
> vertical etch.
>
> AliR.
>
> "bav" <baudewijn.vermeire@skynet.be> wrote in message
>> Hi;
>> i have this problem.
>> I want to add a horizontal line somewhere on the dialog box.
>> However, i cannot find any control like GROUPBOX|, CHECKBOX
>> representing a single horizontal line ?
>> How can i achieve this?
>>
>> best regards
>> bav

0
AliR3470 (3235)

Console App w/ MFC (hiding console window)
I've created a console app and added MFC support. The idea is that my app can run either with a dialog user interface or a console. It all works fine except that I cannot figure out how to hide the console window when running in the dialog ui mode. Anyone know how I might do this? -Brett- Brett , > I've created a console app and added MFC support. The idea is that my app > can run either with a dialog user interface or a console. It all works fine > except that I cannot figure out how to hide the console window when running > in the dialog ui mode. You can set yo...

Integration for SOP does not pick up credit card specified in source field
Version 8 Integration for SOP does not pick up the credit card specified in the source field it uses the default credit card against the debtor. Can someone let me know if there is a fix for this issue or if this is something that needs fixing in integration manager. kind regards Jen I have an integration in version 8 that pulls in credit card information and I have not seen this behavior. Do you have the original version of IM 8.0 or do you have any service packs installed? "Jen" wrote: > Version 8 Integration for SOP does not pick up the credit card specified in >...

How to specify UNSIGNED Byte in MS Access?
Hi. I have a MATLAB program that interacts with an MS Access database via MATLAB's "fastinsert" command. In one table, I'm inserting RGB pixel values, so it seemed natural that I'd use the "Byte" field size; however I eventually ran into a problem: I'm not allowed to insert values higher than 127 into the Byte columns! This would make sense if I had specified a signed-byte, but is there even such a thing? The Access documentation states that "Byte" can handle values from 0-255, and I haven't found anything else to explain this. A simple wa...

The specified date is invalid
Hello, We have specified the date settings for our CRM 3.0 (Rollup 2) installation as dd-mm-yyyy. When I'm adding a date, like 31/12/07 I get a warning: The specified date is invalid. Enter a date in the format: DD/MM/YYYY. When I enter a date like 31-12-07 I get no warning (and that's OK). Does anyone know were to change the date warning, so I can replace the / by - ? I didn't found it at the Messages section of the Contact entity. The system settings are set to dd-mm-yyyy. Thanks in advantage. LCOW- You can adjust the display of the date by going to ... Settings >...

Getting cursor to go to specified cell on opening
I want users when opening a location to open with the cursor at a specific spot rather than the last place I saved. Any ideas how? -- lewisjohn78 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lewisjohn78's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30444 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=501047 Put something like this into a General module: Option Explicit sub auto_open() application.goto thisworkbook.worksheets("Sheet99").range("a99"),scroll:=true end sub Change the work...

How to distribute/install a custom Outlook holidays file automatically?
Hello, Happy New Year to all and thanks to everyone who helped me last year. We have a few thousand Exchange 2003/Outlook 2002 users and need to distribute/install a custom Outlook holidays file (Outlook.hol) on all their PCs. We would prefer to do this automatically, instead of asking the users to open the Outlook.hol file and follow a procedure. That way we can be more confident that each client is updated. Can anyone suggest how to do this, e.g., is there a command line switch in Outlook to process the file on startup or can the dates be entered centrally on the Exchange server? Thanks...

Find dependent files linked to an Excel file?
Hi Anyone got a trick to find if there are any Word or Excel files with links dependent on a particular Excel file, say "Target.xls"? I've tried running XP's search for terms in documents - hoping to pick up the name "Target.xls" in the links of all files, but that doesn't bring it up. I can't imagine any other way, short of opening every file and checking the links. Thanks FBJ ---------------------------------- Remove NOSPAM from address. Can you limit your search to a single folder (or a few folders)? If yes, then th...

Horizontal dates
Am I being dull here? I am trying to run weekly dates on the horizontal axis - say Aug 15th onwards. That is - Aug 15, Aug 22, Aug 29 etc. But I cannot. I am clicking max, minor units, fixed, automatic, date axis buttons but I am getting no where except going completely nuts. I've bought a book. No help at all. Been on Microsoft Help. Nothing. Lots of what to do but doesn't solve my problem. The previous Excel version was much easier. Am I alone with this query? Can anyone out there help? How do you put weekly dates on a horizontal axis - without adding to my total f...

Search not confined to specified discussion group
I believe there has been a change in how searches work on this discussion group. When I do a search, it no longer is confined to the discussion area specified Search for xxxx In: yyyyy but searches all discussion groups. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message...

Detect if Excel file is "read only"???
If I open an Excel file which someone is currently using, Excel will display a caption in the title bar that says "read only". Excel is probably telling me that the file is read only because another user currently is using the file. My question is, does Excel have a function (or can I create my own) which returns TRUE if the file is "read only" or FALSE otherwise??? I'm mostly interested in a function that returns TRUE if Excel displays the "read only" caption due to the file's state of being in use. thank you if activeworkbook.ReadOnl...

Specifying chart graph
How can I specify on the same chart which fields I want to be displayed as Column and which fields I want to be displayed as Line? I have over seven fields. Let's say I want columns B through E to be columns and the other columns to be lines. Thanks in advance. Forget about the built-in custom types. Make a column chart. Then select a series you want to change to a line, choose Chart Type from the Chart menu, and choose a line style. Select another you want to change and press the F4 function key, and repeat as required. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials a...

making only specified columns visible
I am trying to create a macro that will allow the user of a spreadsheet to only view specified columns. It is easier to describe using an example: 1/05 1/05 2/05 2/05 3/05 matt 2 4 6 5 3 chris 3 4 2 7 1 sara 1 1 9 8 5 ann 5 4 3 3 6 If the user only wants to see data for the month of Feb., is there a way to have a macro hide all columns except those with a column heading of 2/05? Thank you for your help in advance. The following code goes in the sheet module. It assumes the column headings ar...

File send send Link by Email problems in IE after Thunderbird Install
I have installed Thunderbird and have been very pleased with it. I only use Thunderbird at the moment to keep all my RSS feeds that I use. I still use IE as my default browser but the problem I have now is trying to send a URL via email through the IE. On IE if you go to File>Send>Link by Email it always launches Thunderbird. I do not want this to happen, I want it to launch Outlook as it normally did. I have reset the settings in Internet options to their default and it still makes no difference. I do not use Thunderbird as my default mail client. Any ideas how to get Outlook to launc...

2 401K accounts and 2 Fidelity accounts 1 money file
I am new from Money 2004. I have one file which I have set up 2 401k ACCOUNTS My wifes, and mine. Both are held at Fidelity. I can not seem to find a way to creat two connections to Fidelity with the two different Logins. Is this a possibility? The accounts are not linked, so we have to use 2 different logins. It would be nice if Money could download to both accounts automatically. In microsoft.public.money, scott wrote: >I am new from Money 2004. I have one file which I have >set up 2 401k ACCOUNTS My wifes, and mine. Both are held >at Fidelity. I can not seem t...

The system file cannot be specified
I don't know if this is the right group but I hope someone can help. I have XP Home with Service Pack 3. I have a file on my NTFS slave drive with following entry in one of its directories: 01 - O 'twas a joyful sound to hear (Colchester) _Tansus/mq3 Obviously there's an invalid character in the name but I can't delete it. Every time I do, it says: "The system file cannot be specified." It has a file length of 0 bytes. I have tried many ways to delete this, but nothing works. Here are just two of the many things I've tried: http://support.mic...

Broken Y Axis in Line Chart
Is it possible to create the broken Y-Axis on a Line Chart? A logarithmic axis is not appropriate form my data and I do not want to create a secondary axis (confusing for the reader). I have looked at the methods described by Jon Peltier, Andy Pope, and Tushar Mehta and (if I understand them correctly) they work for column charts and scatter plots respectively. I understand these techniques but my data is categorical (months on X-axis) and numerical on the Y-axis. A column chart is an option but does not convey the temporal trends ant I wish to illustrate. Any and all advice ap...

excel file cannot be viewed
i used access to export a table to another excel file. but the excel file cannot be viewed by just double-clicking its icon. however, it can be viewed by opening it from excel itself. why is it so? please help me. any help is very much appreciated. thank you in advance Try this: <Tools> <Options> <General> tab, And *uncheck* "Ignore Other Applications". -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "FooYC" <FooYC@discus...

unable to install File and Print Sharing
I have a Thinkpad X200 XP SP3 that I am trying to share files with on my home network woth other XP machines. I can see the laptop in Network Places but cannot access it. While troubleshooting I was looking in the Properties dialog screen and I noticed that the checkbox for File and Printer Sharing was not checked but checking it doesn't change anything and more importantly after rebooting the checkbox is unchecked again. If I try to manually install File and Print Sharing that option is not available and I can't seem to find the install files to use the Have Disk option...

Open Pst file
I want to open pst file programatically using c++ Anyone having sample code or link for the same. Thanks in advance. ...

several lines data into one cell?
Hello, 1) is there any way that I can put several lines (or paragraphs) data into one cell in Excel worksheet? (not break this cell into serveral lines etc. 2) if we use windows XP and browse a html page with data in table, we can copy and paste the html table into the excel sheet directly. But if the values in the html table cell are with line breaks. Then when we paste the data to the excel sheet, these lines in one cell are shown in different rows in the Excel sheet, not like they were in one cell (one row) in html table. Is there a way to handle this issue? Thanks! ...

deleted a file that causes distortions in greeting card templates
I was cleaning up my computer to free up some space on my hard drive. I deleted what was a shared file. The warning message came up informing me of the shared file but my mind must have been somewhere else because even though I intended to back out of the deleition, I went ahead with it by clicking on the wrong option. I realized it the moment I had done it but by then it was too late. Now I have many greeting card templates that are distored to the point that they are off center, making the template useless. I am able to use several other greeting card templates but my error certa...

Axis labels for line graphs...?
Version: 2008 I am doing a science project and want to know how to make the x- and y-axis labels for a line graph, x being the number of days and y being the height for my experiment's purposes. There is one data set that is completely zero for all 23 days of the experiment that was recorded, and yet it comes up as another data set. Why? And how can I fix it? How, too, can I add x- and y-axis labels for a line graph? Answers welcome and greatly needed. I guess you have watched the video in the Excel help named "Get started with charts in Office 2008"? So which bit did no...

Must avoid repeated fOpen and fClose of file
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C50861.2CE25ED0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a routine that works good, but I need to somehow improve to avoid repeated opening and closing of a file. My code is as follows : char filename[ 256 ]; // format path to the file (we are using relative path) sprintf( filename, "C:\\Program Files\\Amibroker\\Param.txt" ); // open file for reading fh =3D fopen( filename, "r" ); // read the line of text until the end of text...

Excel adds "Copy of" to file name
I frequently copy protect my Excel files to prevent overwriting working file I am using as a template. For example I may open the read only "Filename001.xls" make a fe changes and select save as so I can rename it "Filename002.xls." The problem is with MS Office 2003 SP2 every time I hit save or save a on a read only file it adds the text "Copy of" to the beginning of th file name (i.e. from "Filename001.xls" to "Copy of Filename001.xls") How can I prevent Excel from automatically adding the extra text? I caused me to loose and redo a lot...

How can I create a Macro that works on more than one SOP Trx Line?
I have created a macro that opens the distributions window from the item detail window when you highlight a line item in the SOP Trx entry window. The macro functions fine only if you are on the first line of the SOP Trx entry window. Does anyone know how to edit the macro to function on each line item in the SOP Trx entry window? Thanks for your help. I use an excel spreadsheet to create my SOP header and line entries. The process works for all scrolling windows, breakdown the line item information into the spreadsheet and then mailmerge it together with you header information to f...