how to solve "Non-modal forms cannot be displayed in this host application"

Hi,

I am trying to make a modalless form in VB6 that is compiled as an
ActiveX DLL. When i use VC6 to instance the activex DLL, my problem appears
that
"406 Non-modal forms cannot be displayed in this host application from an
ActiveX DLL, ActiveX control or Property Page."

I have my form in modalless style in VB6 and they should be instanced in VC.

Does anyone know how to get this to work ?

Many Thanks,

Xiao

0
arbidol (1)
8/19/2005 6:22:02 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Regards,
Nish [VC++ MVP]
http://www.voidnish.com
http://blog.voidnish.com

"arbidol" <arbidol@tom.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to make a modalless form in VB6 that is compiled as an
> ActiveX DLL. When i use VC6 to instance the activex DLL, my problem
> appears
> that
> "406 Non-modal forms cannot be displayed in this host application from an
> ActiveX DLL, ActiveX control or Property Page."
>
> I have my form in modalless style in VB6 and they should be instanced in
> VC.
>
> Does anyone know how to get this to work ?
>
> Many Thanks,
>
> Xiao

0
nish (347)

how to solve "Non-modal forms cannot be displayed in this host application"
Hi, I am trying to make a modalless form in VB6 that is compiled as an ActiveX DLL. When i use VC6 to instance the activex DLL, my problem appears that "406 Non-modal forms cannot be displayed in this host application from an ActiveX DLL, ActiveX control or Property Page." I have my form in modalless style in VB6 and they should be instanced in VC. Does anyone know how to get this to work ? Many Thanks, Xiao http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=176468 -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "arbidol" <arbidol@tom...