How to show multi-line text on a tooltip(CToolTipCtrl)?

Thanks!

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You can use SetMaxTipWidth and then use \r\n to break lines.
---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
10/14/2006 12:07:55 PM
Thanks a lot!

I used SetMaxTipWidth( 1024 * 8 ) to support this feature successfully. But
there is not any official documents from MS I can find to introduce
that SetMaxTipWidth can produce this effect. So maybe I wanna do more test
on different Window OSes.

Thanks again!

"Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com>
> You can use SetMaxTipWidth and then use \r\n to break lines.
> ---
> Ajay

You could try this control that Dundas gives away as a sample.  It works
with '\n' in strings.

http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/tooltipex.asp

Tom

"Bill Gates" <bill_gates@sina.com> wrote in message
> Thanks!

0
tserface (3866)
10/14/2006 2:32:18 PM
Thanks a lot! I have fixed it with the way provided by Ajay Kalra.

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 20:09:04 +0800, "Bill Gates" <bill_gates@sina.com>
wrote:

>Thanks!

CodeProject is a wonderful resource for very useful controls.
You may look at this interesting tool-tip control:

http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/pptooltip.asp

0
invalid460 (432)
10/14/2006 4:46:39 PM
> Thanks a lot!
>
> I used SetMaxTipWidth( 1024 * 8 ) to support this feature successfully.
But
> there is not any official documents from MS I can find to introduce
> that SetMaxTipWidth can produce this effect. So maybe I wanna do more test
> on different Window OSes.

You need to read more carefully.  See the "Multi-Line" section of this page:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/tooltip/usingtooltips.asp

Nice! And thanks!

"Michael K. O'Neill" <mikeathon2000@nospam.hotmail.com>
:OASoV677GHA.244@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

> "Bill Gates" <bill_gates@sina.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks a lot!
>>
>> I used SetMaxTipWidth( 1024 * 8 ) to support this feature successfully.
> But
>> there is not any official documents from MS I can find to introduce
>> that SetMaxTipWidth can produce this effect. So maybe I wanna do more
>> test
>> on different Window OSes.
>>

> You need to read more carefully.  See the "Multi-Line" section of this
> page:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/tooltip/usingtooltips.asp

0
billgates1 (55)

analytical accounting lookups should only show valid codes
When entering AA transaction distributions, the code lookup window should only show valid code combinations. It's not intuitive for the user to have to select a code and get an error message to discover which codes are valid. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

Special Text to Column question
I have a special problem that I hope the gurus here can solve. Once a month or so, I receive a text file that includes about 400 lines of 323 characters each. Groups of characters have different meaning depending on their position in the string. Some are grouped in as little as one character, other groups are as long as 25 characters. There are no delimiting characters like commas, spaces or the like I usually open the file in Excel and click Text to Columns and select Fixed Width. From there I scroll left to right and click on the necessary widths for the groups involved "9, 5, 2, ...

Outlook shows offline during dial up
Having a problem with outlook 2002. Over the WAN everything works fine. Dial up and connect to the network (VPN) internet work fine. Outlook will sync up however, a red x shows up in the bottom right hand corner. Outlook shows offline, I can send and receive but must hit send and receive. I have reloaded the computer from scratch and still have the same problem. Could it be a Excange setting? Any Ideas? Thanks for the help, If you hit File | Connect to Exchange Server what happens? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize ...

Show Window
I am currently developing a MFC SDI application. I want to integrate a tray icon with it. When the application is minimized it hides by ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) and then when double clicked on tray icon shown by ShowWindow(SW_SHOWNORMAL). But the problem is if some other application is activated after my application is minimized, ShowWindow shows it but it's behind some screen. I have tried with SetFocus didn't work. Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Varuna Try BringWindowToTop. ---- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com In addition to Ajay's idea you can also use SetFor...

POS 2009 Receipt Extra Blank Line
We have a new POS 2009 install where the receipt has extra lines (or blank lines) at the top and bottom - using OPOS driver. No matter what setting we change it still has the same amount of extra lines. Anyone else run into this? ...

Information Stores show dismounted yet mail is still flowing...
Background: Windows AD Mixed moded. Exchange 2003 installed on to a 2 node Microsoft cluster. 1 Front End server...connecting to the primary cluster node. Windows 2003 Standard on, FE Windows 2003 Enterprise Server on BEs (<---cluster) no service packs on either. Exchange has SP1 installed on both nodes and the FE. There are still Exchange 5.5 servers in the environment although they are not being used. The Issue: .....the information stores and public folders all show that they are dismounted...yet email is still flowing into and out of the server without any issues. I just...

Running command line command without the DOS window
Hi I am trying to loop through a recordset and issue a dos command to start a service. When I try to execute the code below, I get about 50 DOS windows opening at the same time, can anyone advise if I can execute these commands silently, and how can I capture the results? All help is greatly appreciated... Private Sub btnStartServices_Click() Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Dim strServer, strService, strCommand As String Dim strQry As String strQry = "qry01_StartServices" Set rs = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset(strQry, dbOpenDynaset) If rs...

reminder still shows up
when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am running Vista "Toppro" <Toppro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AE8DBF7-6BE3-454A-82F9-5A040566026C@microsoft.com... > when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am > running > Vista Outlook version? The Windows version isn't as important and that of Outlook. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Using ajax call to fetch multiple results from multiple queries and showing them 1 by 1 as the results comes.
Hello, I've 20 labels in a 2x10 table on a page. for each label, data comes by individual queries. (total 20 queries for the page.) and it takes about 30-40 seconds for the page to load, and it's not comfortable for the user to see blank page. I want that each cell will show loading.gif images. As and when data comes from query, the images should go visible=false, and the label should display the values one by one. How do I do this task using ajax? Some ASP.NET code example will be helpful for me, as I'm a kind of beginner. Thanks ...

Results show as a minus. WHY?
I have an application that was developed by another developer using VB.net which reside in a SQL table. I need to use some of the data from this table, however the data shows as -0.5 or - 0.99 or -1.70 etc in my Access tables. How can I get those numbers to show as a percentage with only one decimal point to the left? Example: 3.6% or 31.4 %. Any help would be greatly appreciated. No matter what I do it shows that dang "-" at the beginning. You can use the Abs function to strip off the negative Abs([YourTable].[YourField]) And you can format that as percentage either using th...

show comments when cell is highlighted Vs when cursor runs over? #2
How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? You can press Shift/F2, or Insert/Edit Comment. If you wanted to see it "automatically", when you select the cell, you'd need a macro, but I don't think this is what you're asking. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Don" wrote: > How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to > when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? To at least Excel 2000, if you have the Tools, Options, Comment Indicator Only you will see the co...

I need to type numbers into an excel spreadsheet some of them begin with a zero some do not. How can I have excel show the 0 in the numbers that begin with 0. If I type 0236547 the number shows as 236547. I don't want all the numbers I type to begin with zero. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks very much for your help. Best regards, Dee use a custom format with how ever many digits you need, 000000 -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA60FC8A-C7CB-432A-B2B2-EEEBF86D2646@microsoft.com... >...

Report Server shows 'Service Unavailable'
Hi, before install, the SRS setup, send me a warning, some like "the Windows Sharepoint Services are install and not permit initialize a Reportserver component" i skip wiht the installation, so.. I can't run http://<localhost>/Reports and http://<localhost>ReportServer show a message "Service Unavailabe", but the ReportServer service is running How initialize that or what do i do? ------=_NextPart_0001_09E699C9 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > before install, the SRS set...

Comments not showing
When a SharePoint workflow is edited and a comment is added. The comment does not display in the workflow status screen under workflow history. It shows as follows: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Instead of: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Please update to the new company logo. This happens for all standard SharePoint workflows (Approval, Collect Feedback). Any custom workflows does show the comment. The comment field is update in the task item. It just does not show. There is no error in t...

How to Serialize on a new line???
Hi All: I am using Visual C++ .NET for my MFC application. I am serializing an object repeatedly in a file. The problem is that when I open the file, all the serialized objects appear in one big straight line. What I want to do is to serialize each object starting on a new line so that it is more readable and easy to comprehend. The code that I am implementing in my Serialize function is as follows: void CDataStorage::Serialize(CArchive& ar) { CObject::Serialize( ar ); if(ar.IsLoading()) { ar >> m_nID; // UINT16 ar >> m_storeString; //CString } ...

Show more time in weekly view?
Outlook 2007 On default the weekly view is only showing until 4 PM without scrolling down. I know there is a way to let you see into the evening hours also without scrolling. Help please. Thanks... Bob ...

TransparentBlt doesn't show the bitmap in ME?
The following doesn't print the bitmap on ME while it works on 2k/xp, can someone help me? Though the status returns TRUE. Thanks. Jiac. CDC *hdc, bghdc; CBitmap bgBitmap; BITMAP bmpInfo; //loads bitmap into memory bgBitmap.LoadBitmap(IDB_BITMAP5); // this bitmap has no needles // get bitmap info bgBitmap.GetBitmap(&bmpInfo); hdc = m_obj->GetDC(); bghdc.CreateCompatibleDC(hdc); bghdc.SelectObject(&bgBitmap); BOOL status = hdc->TransparentBlt(0, 0, 80, 80, &bghdc, 0, 0, 80, 80, TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR); //TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR if (st...

Clear Data>Security Resource Description table not showing in list
GPv10 Logged in as sa. Go to Maint. >Clear Data>System and in the Tables list the Security Resource Description table is not there. Is there something I need to do to get access to that table? Thanks. Gi Never mind....I figured it out. You have to change the Display to Physical....Duh!! ...

mail box rights it only shows "SELF"
Once the user has been created, checking the Email address tab show nothing (empty), I pointing rus to the right DC, this solve that problem, but i have still have the next problem: under the mail box rights it only shows "SELF" where as all the other account show 8 or more system users? exchange 2003 Gr, Marco On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 13:10:27 -0800, "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Once the user has been created, checking the Email address tab show nothing >(empty), I pointing rus to the right DC, this solve that problem, but i have >...

Showing a Null result
I have a parent table linked to several child tables via a unique text string The report shows reults from the main table, and has subreports for the child tables. Some records in the parent table have no equivalents in the child tables. Can I insert some code to produce the subreports with a "None" or "NA" text string, without populating the child tables with these terms? My problem is that, I need to run "counting" queries on the child tables, but the "N/A" records skew the numbers by adding records where there should be none. I'm not su...

Show Data Field After Hiding
I found a note from someone with the same question regarding reshowing data that was hidden after it was deselected from the drop-down list. And yes, it is easy enough to drag it back on from the field list, but if it involves anything more than just a sum or count, then you have to recreate it. For instance, my rows are years. One of my data fields I would like in the table twice - once as a sum and then again as % difference from previous year. The reason for wanting to hide one or the other, is I'm plotting this over time and would like to use the same chart. Since the scales are ob...

Company Text at end of email
Hi, When anyone sends an email from their work account, we have some text that appears at the bottom of each email. It contains the usual sort of stuff like, 'This email and any files transmitted with it are strictly confidential.... etc', that sort of thing. What i would like to do is change that text but i don't know where to go to change it. Could anyone help me out with this? Thanks in advance. jonnyuk3 -- jonnyuk3 What do you have at the back end, are you using Exchange? The change would be made there. How's it done would depend on the se...

gp 10 -how to show a list of sop documents for a specific customer?
Hello, What is the best way to return all SOP documents for a specific customer using GP10 list? (not smartlist) This is our problem: -we go to the Customers list. -select a customer and goto > "view transactions" our problem is that any sop transaction that we click on that is moved to history, opens the AR transaction instead of the SOP document. Context? a customer calls and wants to know if something they bought is under warranty but they have no clue when they bought it. So we will not know what date is was bought. We are just using SOP, not service management. -- J...

Duff Date Text
Excel 2002 SP3. Hi, I'm having a bit of date trouble. I have a cell (assume A1) with a date in it. The cell is formatted: Custom mmmm yyyy and shows the date as 'April 2009'. If I format the cell as a number, the date serial number shows as '39908' I have another cell (assume B1) formatted as 'General' that I want to put some text in to include the month extracted from the date in cell A1. Formula: ="VAT Calculation for " & TEXT(MONTH(A1),"mmmm") However, this gives me a text line in B1 that reads: 'VAT Calculation for January...