How to set CEdit to ReadOnly but the background color still White?

I use Visual C++ MFC 4.2.

I want to set all my CEdit controls to read only but I want to keep the
WHITE BACKGROUND appearance.

How to do that?

Thank you very much.
0
landon (165)
7/8/2008 12:59:00 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Handle WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC.

--
Ajay

"Landon" <Landon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I use Visual C++ MFC 4.2.
>
> I want to set all my CEdit controls to read only but I want to keep the
> WHITE BACKGROUND appearance.
>
> How to do that?
>
> Thank you very much.

0
ajaykalra (6842)
7/8/2008 2:55:47 AM
I've tried it and it works. But I've got 2 MultiLine CEdit and it only change
the background where the text exist, the remain keeps System color.

How to handle Multi line CEdit color?

Thank you.
0
landon (165)
7/8/2008 5:54:01 AM
Take a look at my Validating Edit Control on my MVP Tips site.  I recall that I had the
same problem, and I had to force an Invalidate() from time to time to ensure the
background got fully repainted.
				joe

On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 22:54:01 -0700, Landon <Landon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I've tried it and it works. But I've got 2 MultiLine CEdit and it only change
>the background where the text exist, the remain keeps System color.
>
>How to handle Multi line CEdit color?
>
>Thank you.
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15973)
7/8/2008 7:12:47 AM
If you derive a class from CEdit and then handle messages like

	ON_WM_CHAR()
	ON_WM_KEYDOWN()
	ON_WM_KEYUP()
	ON_WM_LBUTTONDBLCLK()
	ON_WM_LBUTTONDOWN()
	ON_WM_LBUTTONUP()
	ON_WM_SETFOCUS()

void CROEdit::OnChar(UINT nChar, UINT nRepCnt, UINT nFlags)
{
}

etc

Landon wrote:
> I use Visual C++ MFC 4.2.
>
> I want to set all my CEdit controls to read only but I want to keep the
> WHITE BACKGROUND appearance.
>
> How to do that?
>
> Thank you very much.
How does this help in setting color? Why not do what I suggested (handle
staticctlcolor)?

--
Ajay

"Ian Semmel" <isemmelNOJUNK@NOKUNKrocketcomp.com.au> wrote in message
> If you derive a class from CEdit and then handle messages like
>
> ON_WM_CHAR()
> ON_WM_KEYDOWN()
> ON_WM_KEYUP()
> ON_WM_LBUTTONDBLCLK()
> ON_WM_LBUTTONDOWN()
> ON_WM_LBUTTONUP()
> ON_WM_SETFOCUS()
>
> void CROEdit::OnChar(UINT nChar, UINT nRepCnt, UINT nFlags)
> {
> }
>
> etc
>
> Landon wrote:
>> I use Visual C++ MFC 4.2.
>>
>> I want to set all my CEdit controls to read only but I want to keep the
>> WHITE BACKGROUND appearance.
>>
>> How to do that?
>>
>> Thank you very much.

0
ajaykalra (6842)

setting up new outlook mail account

OWA Set Rule problem

How to set backcolour

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Reading Pane Settings

color code meetings by subject
If someone sends me a meeting announcement, can I have outlook read the text and make it lue in my calendar if a specific string appears, green for another string, etc.? If you let Outlook accept the meetings automatically or you accept them manually, you can use Automatic Formatting to color the label by subject in Outlook 2002 or 2003. Otherwise, it would require custom VBA code, not a simple automatic formatting rule. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/...

How do I color specific data series based on location on data she
I have about 150 data series in a chart and I want to color e.g. 10 of them red based on where in the data sheet they are located, e.g. data i column J to T. Is there an easy way to do this? Format one of them the way you want. Select the other series you want to change and press F4. This may be difficult with 150 series, however. "Havard" <Havard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F62297E-447B-4507-8D4A-A2C9A38C08EA@microsoft.com... > I have about 150 data series in a chart and I want to color e.g. 10 of them > red based on where in the data sheet ...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

How do I set OOR

Bring back simple calendar color labels for outlook appointments.
The consolidation of Outlook labels and categories in 07 as compared to 03 results in having to use many more mouse clicks to apply basic color codes to outlook calendar appointments. I use as many as 30 categories for various projects and office jobs that change over time and whose colors would not be useful to try to remember or apply to appointments. Rather, being able to code a few simple colors for things like "in office appointment" "out of office but in town appointment" "personal reminder," "out of town travel hold," "office ...

Set Focus

Different colors on the x axis titles
Is there a way to have different colors on the titles of the x axis? For instance, if the titles are months, Jan, Feb, Mar, etc., is it possible to have January in red font, February in blue font, March in green font, etc. Thanks for any help. I should note that I am using Excel 2000 "SK" <Nospam> wrote in message news:%23$CetoM8DHA.1356@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to have different colors on the titles of the x axis? For > instance, if the titles are months, Jan, Feb, Mar, etc., is it possible to > have January in red font, February in blue font, March...

Publisher 2003 Need to set business card to Avery 5371 setting
I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will print on Avery 5371 business cards Okay.........and your question is? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jonathan" <Jonathan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:187615DD-9EF1-42A2-8436-78E6E6C6ACE4@microsoft.com... >I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will > print on Avery 5371 business cards Page setup, business cards, click change copies per sheet, type > .5 top, .75 side, zero gaps. Avery 5371 is a standard business card s...

Fill Color a Range
I want to fill a range with a color. I know how to do that but I don't know how to keep the grid lines visible in that range. It seems I would need a transparent color or something like that. How can I fill a range with a color that will allow the grid lines to show through? Thank you. The only way is to give the gridlines an alternative colour of their own. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Jack Gillis" <XXXXXXXX@widomaker.com> wrote in message news:112bdn5bm4udrff@corp.supernews.com... > I want to fill a range with a ...

Setting the Settings
Really quickly: How (exactly) does one get Publisher to remember the page settings I want. ie. every time I open a new document, I get centimeters, and usually, I'd prefer inches. I have not been able to find a "Save Settings" option anywhere. Can anyone help? thomas In Publisher 2000 it's Tools Options General tab Measurements unit box - select inches. OK That should do it. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in America! "ThomasL" <tlammert@netcom.ca> wrote in message ne...

"Object or class does not support the set of events" Quick Question
All, I built a MS Access database in MS Access 2003, which I have set up in a shared folder. I have a form with some standard components such as text boxs, bottons. When a user updates the form I wish to record the time/date and username in the record. I have posted a copy of the code I'm using for the "BeforeUpdate" event below. Now this works fine on my machine and updates without a problem. However when a user on another machine (also using MS Access 2003) tries to update the same field, he gets the following error: "The expression Before Update you entered as the eve...

Strange permission Settings.
Hey folks I got a strange problem and i think it has somthing to do with permisions server end but it is possible this could also be a client side problem Okay so im on the support desk we have a number of users that access an exchange 2003 server using outlook 2003 some teams share access team maiboxes. When they try to add a custom field to (in tasks or email) on a shared mailbox they recive this error message "You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or the system administrator" But they have full rights to it an...

How do I set up my microsoft outlook to send emails?
I'm trying to use Microsoft Outlook for a specific email however it's asking for the http servor and I have no idea what it's asking me for. Please help!!! You need to get these settings from your ISP "XMY" <XMY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8BBA0B0-A04B-41E6-90C3-3CF64D43EBA3@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to use Microsoft Outlook for a specific email however it's asking > for the http servor and I have no idea what it's asking me for. Please > help!!! XMY <XMY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm tr...

Custom settings now working
I am having problems with the custom security settings. I installed the security administrative package and followed Microsoft's documentation. However, I am still getting the Outlook notification whenever I try to use CDO. I am not an Outlook admin so I am having a rough time trying to debug this. What are some things I can look at to try to resolve this issue. I noticed that when I go to Outlook and go the Outlook 10 Security Settings under public folders I see the form under that folder. Is this correct? My set up is Exchange 2000, Outlook 2003. Have you checked to make sure th...