How to resize a CTreeCtl when the dialog window is resized

Hello,

Is there any documentation on how to do this?  Or does anyone have any
suggestions?

Thanks,
Linda

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You can handle the message WM_SIZE of dialog to change
the size of CTreeCtrl. Use message mapping.
Then call the MoveWindow function to change the size:
CTreeCtrl::MoveWindow(x, y, width, height)

0
anonymous (74718)
11/13/2003 3:30:47 AM

Strange problem about register window class
I want to register two window class in winmain.But when registering the second window class,VC7.0 reports an error.The error code is 87 - parameter error.But the parameters of both WINCLASSEX are the same except the wndproc and wndclass name. When compiling with bcc55,it's OK.When compiling with cygwin-g++-4.1.2 it's the same as VC7.0. If assign wc.hInstance with reinterpret_cast<HINSTANCE>(&hInstance) ,it's OK.Why?What does &hInstance mean? Below is the code: // cl register.cpp -link gdi32.lib user32.lib // g++ -o register.exe register.cpp -mwindows #include <...

How can I make the find dialog box appear as soon as I open a spr.
I have a spreadsheet that needs to be used down in the plant area where people don't know very much about computers. I'm trying to make it easier for them by letting them just have to open the spreadsheet through a shortcut and then I'm hoping that I can just have the find dialog box pop up right away without them doing anything so that they can just find what they are looking for. It's a very large spreadsheet so it would be very helpful for them to be able to do this. Is this possible? You would need a macro for that it also means that they have to enable macros wh...

problem with resizing
Hi! I'm writing a MDI application. Child window is splitted in three panes. In the one pane I've got a FormView with some buttons. How to do, that this FormView was in the center of a pane (even during resizing )? And the second problem, how to do, that during resizing, splitters dividing window were always in the same places? Please, help me. I would be appreciate. bart ...

Office 2003 and Windows 7 12-18-09
I've just bought a new laptop with Windows 7 64 bit and I loaded MS Office 2003 and added SP3. It seems to work OK but I have not yet explored the outer reaches etc. Dell Tech support tells me that Windows 7 will not run Office 2003, so I am on the look-out for problems but have not yet found any. What experience does the forum have? Happy Holidays. Mike My first reaction is that Microsoft is not that stupid, but I am a former employee and long time user of their products, so... Earle "MichaelRobert" <MichaelRobert@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Show Access Print Dialog to Ask for a Printer
Using Access 2002 I used the command wizard to create a button on the form to print the form's currently selected record. The record prints fine, but it does not allow selecting of a printer. I want to let users select a printer, and then use the code that the Toolbox Wizard created to print the selected record (code attached). Private Sub cmdPrint_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdPrint_Click DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 8, , acMenuVer70 DoCmd.PrintOut acSelection Exit_cmdPrint_Click: Exit Sub Err_cmdPrint_Click: MsgBox Err.Description ...

wiping windows xp laptop computer clean and starting over
my daughters laptop had gotten a nasty virus that i was unable to remove. instead of taking it to somebody else to work on it, i decided i would try to undertake this task myself. i am not the most knowledgeable when it comes to computers but i am learning and willing to read and do research. i have an idea of what i need to do to wipe her computer clean, so we can start over. i just ordered a new recovery disk for her laptop. the only problem was that they sent me 2 disks and that is my first question in this process. one disk says....."Operating system CD - Microsoft wind...

Disabling Esc and Enter in a Modeless dialog box
I am having a dailog based application in which another dialog is embedded as a child.The settings of this dialog are child with no border and visible. The child dialog is created using the "Create" function of CDialog and hence is modeless. On press of Esc or Enter the dialog gets destroyed. I want to override this normal behaviour. How can this be done? !!! Thanks & regards, Senthil a couple possibilities. 1. change the accelerator key definitions to remove those key mappings 2. override the onok and oncancel member functions of cdialog and make yours not call the cdialog ...

resizing problems
I am using OpenGL in my MFC app. The problem is when I resize the window from the left or top border the whole scene of my OpenGL moves even before my OnPaint event handler is called and when my OnPaint is called after this it repaints the scene so this produces a flicker. If, however I resize the window from the right or bottom border this problem doen't occur. Can anybody please tell me what is happening? Thank you ...

Signing into money windows 9x , me
Not sure if this will work 100% but yas can try go to http://www.microsoft.com/pki/mscorp/Microsoft%20Secure%20Server%20Authority(3).crt and download the certficate click open then click install certfication this should fix signing into Money and MSN Money -- Steve steven_morrison69@hotmail.com ...

Can install SFO with Windows 2003 and SQL 2003 server or not?
Dear Expert, Can install SFO with Windows 2003 and SQL 2003 server or not? Thank you, phong phong What is SQL 2003 ??? Peter "msnews.microsoft.com" <hattha9@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23wAkRlsVFHA.2684@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Dear Expert, > Can install SFO with Windows 2003 and SQL 2003 server or not? > > Thank you, > phong > ...

Bitmap resize on same DC
I am a little be confused! I have a custom control with a bitmap inside I create the bitmap with this code ************************************************* CClientDC dc(this) ; if (m_dcGrid.GetSafeHdc() == NULL) { m_dcGrid.CreateCompatibleDC(&dc) ; m_bitmapGrid.CreateCompatibleBitmap(&dc, m_nClientWidth,m_nClientHeight) ; m_pbitmapOldGrid = m_dcGrid.SelectObject(&m_bitmapGrid) ; } ************************************************ and in OnPaint i have: ************************************************ CPaintDC dc(this) ; // device context for painting CDC memDC ; CBit...

CStatic derived dialog and auto-resize
Hi, I would like to add auto-resizing feature to my Cstatic derived control. I mean when I load a bitmap I would like to adjust size dynamically. I tried to SendMessage WM_SIZE but it doesn't work. >I would like to add auto-resizing feature to my Cstatic derived control. I >mean when I load a bitmap I would like to adjust size >dynamically. >I tried to SendMessage WM_SIZE but it doesn't work. You can resize a window by using the SetWindowPos or MoveWindow APIs. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq ...

windows live mail
unable to get spelling check to cjeck emails before they are sent. Is the spelling being checked as you type? Alt + T, Options, Spelling, ..... -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "Paul Baxter" <Paul Baxter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40856CC5-4157-41C7-8FCD-63088A1543C0@microsoft.com... > unable to get spelling check to cjeck emails before they are sent. On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 17:01:01 -0800, Paul Baxter <Paul Baxter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >unable to get spelling check to cjeck emails before they are sent. You don't...

Dialog Box: Which control gains the focus?
Hello everybody! Sample: extern CMyDialog* pDial; (initialisation) .... (entering datas) pDial->ShowWindow(SW_HIDE); (other processing) pDial-ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); pDial->SetFocus(); Which control has the focus? In a project developped with Visual Cpp version 5 & 6, it's the last control having the focus when dialog was visible. An other project developped with Visual Studio .Net, it's always the first control (first in tabulation order) which has the focus. With or without MFC, the behaviour is the same. Who knows the reason why? What is exactly behind pDial->S...

Wildcards in File,Open... Excel & Word 97 within Windows 2000
Does anybody know a fix for this? I run Windows 2000 and Office 97. I have other applications, like Adobe Acrobat and stuff like that. I am the administrator on this unnetworked laptop and full access rights to everything. I am a hardcore keyboard user; using the mouse is painfully slow. In Acrobat Reader, I can funnel down to viewing specific types of file in its Open File dialogue box by doing what should be natural. In filename, type *.doc, or *.pdf, or *.txt. Acrobat complies and gives me the information I need. But none of my Office 97 applications - Excel, Word or Powerpoint...

Windows Active Directory Interview Questions
Here i have gathered some of the most important interview questions on Windows Active Directory Services. These are related to Windows 2003 AD environment. Please click on the following link to see them http://www2.isupportyou.net/2010/07/some-windows-active-directory-interview.html ...

auto resize text without resizing cell in excel
format|cells|alignment tab|check "shrink to fit" Ferd wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

Drop Down box resizing on open
I'm using Excel 2000 and have created a workbook with lots of drop down boxes which keep resizing when I open up the sheet. I have the drop downs in column B, with linked cells in column A with IF's in column D based on column's A values. I have macro's running in the background autofitting column D (the IF variables can give results which range from 1-10 lines taken from another sheet). The drop down boxes have been positioned in the lower half of the cells so the cell contents can be read. I have made sure that each drop down box has 'move but dont size with cells&...

Windows Mail
When I attempt to e-mail someone on Crais List. Iget thhis message. "Windos Mail could not be started. The application was unable to open windows mail message store. Your windows mailbox data is currently being used by another program, such as a virus scanner. Close program or wait for it to complete it's operation, then open windows again.(0x800C0155) This is followed by the following message. "Windos Mail could not be started because MSOE.dll could not be initialized." I currently use Norton ASecurity Suite provided by Comcast. Any insight would be greatly...

How do I unlock a shape window?
I have three rectangular areas horizontally on my document (which was e-mailed to me). They have grey end points, indicating they are locked, and I cannot resize them. How do I unlock them so I can place more shapes within each one? -- Richard Champlin Administrative Program Assistant II Children''''''''s Hospital & Regional Medical Center, Seattle On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 09:00:01 -0700, Richard Champlin <RichardChamplin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have three rectangular areas horizontally on my document (which was >e-mailed to me)....

Excel 2000 Crashing Windows 98 Upon Exit
Hi, Windows has recently been crashing due to extremely low resources every time I exited Excel 2000. This doesn't happen with any other application (Office or otherwise), so I think it has something to do with Excel, as opposed to Windows. I've both repaired and reinstalled Office to no avail. I'm guessing that there is some Excel process running in the background that just overwhelms the system when I exit the app. I'm hoping that someone here has had a similar experience and found a solution short of wiping Office out completely and reinstalling. Thanks for your input. ...

WMP 12 Windows 7 Issues
- Advanced Tag Editor is gone. I have over 4000 CDs in my collection that took me 10 years to rip. Now I'm trying to update the metatags to better manage my catalog but I can't easily update multiple fields on multiple files at the same time. Lyrics, multiple album art, title artist vs album artists, genre, subgenre, language, original artist, original album, comments. - Syncing to microSD card (to use in my windows mobile 6.5 phone and my sansa mp3 player), I can config the card to resample to 64 kbps, but it errors out. You cannot down sample files when syncing. Y...

Why is OUTLOOK 2000 not compatible with Windows 7?
Have WIN7 but a dialogue box states that Outlook 2000 is not compatible with its Windows Service Information...whatever that is. Anyone have suggestions? Microsoft 2000 Word and Excel are compatible and can be used with WIN7. Goodness. Outlook 2000 wasn't even compatible with Vista. Software that is a decade apart never is. Suggest a reality check and updating to a current version. -- Russ Valentine "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9211AAE9-1D35-4B09-B2EF-6A2223CD0016@microsoft.com... > Have WIN7 but a dialogue box states ...

Transfer 05 Money deluxe file from Windows NT to Windows Vista
Anytime I try to open or restore "back up" a Money file on my new CPU with Windows Vista I receive a message " Money cannot locate C:Users\Owner\Documents\\rlh money.mny or cannot open it, possibly because it is read only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected. If you have chosen the correct and it cannot be accessed, you will need to click ok and open your most recent backup file." Note, it's not a read only file and I have the correct password, and I have the file in the location it's requesting. No results....

Outlook 2000 with Windows 2000
I am trying to add additional mailboxes in Outlook under the Tools/Services/Exchange Server Properties/Advanced tabs but it doesn't allow it. Is anyone aware of this issue. All machines with Windows 2000 SP4 don't allow it. However the machines that were originally setup with SP3 and then had SP4 installed later seem to work. What, exactly is the error message you receive? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Scott" <anonymous@discuss...