How to remove icon on teh left side of the resizable dialog

I have a resizable dialog which is showing that default icon on the
left side but i don't want it visible if i remove the system menu
property then it disappears but at that time my maximize and minimize
buttons also disappears .
I have tried asimple icon of the same color of the title bar it colors
are not matching exactly and even changes as per O.S. so that was not a
good option.
So is there any way to remove/hide that icon.

0
mesushant (27)
4/14/2006 5:06:06 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Sam" <mesushant@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a resizable dialog which is showing that default icon on the
> left side but i don't want it visible if i remove the system menu
> property then it disappears but at that time my maximize and minimize
> buttons also disappears .
> I have tried asimple icon of the same color of the title bar it colors
> are not matching exactly and even changes as per O.S. so that was not a
> good option.
> So is there any way to remove/hide that icon.

Have you tried SetIcon with  NULL as a parameter? Do it for both small and
big size and see if it works.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)
4/14/2006 8:38:16 PM
Ajay Kalra wrote:
> "Sam" <mesushant@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > I have a resizable dialog which is showing that default icon on the
> > left side but i don't want it visible if i remove the system menu
> > property then it disappears but at that time my maximize and minimize
> > buttons also disappears .
> > I have tried asimple icon of the same color of the title bar it colors
> > are not matching exactly and even changes as per O.S. so that was not a
> > good option.
> > So is there any way to remove/hide that icon.
>

> Have you tried SetIcon with  NULL as a parameter? Do it for both small and
> big size and see if it works.
>
> --
> Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
> ajaykalra@yahoo.com

Hi,

SetIcon with NULL is work if Border style of dialog box is not
Resizing.

Regards
Amar

0
amar_sutar (12)

Drawing bitmap on the dialog itself
I want to draw a bitmap on dialog itself but only upto specified points if bitmap size goes beyond that then scroll bar should be displayed and it should let me scroll the bitmap How can display and restrict the size of bitmap on the dialog Can someone provide me sample code Thanking in anticipation ! You will need to do all of scrolling and drawing yourself. You will need to attach the scrollbar(and handle its events) to the dialog and draw the bitmap yourself. There are several samples which show how to draw bitmap in a dialog. Here is one: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/bmpdlg01.asp...

Remove Excel Icon ??

Removal

Help, I can't resize chart legends on my axes or titles
I only have this problem on this machine. Things work fine on all others Running Office 2003 (SP2) on XP Pro (SP2) on an Inspiron 9300. When I enter text into chart legends, it gets clipped and when I click on the frame, Excel won't let me drag the frame wider. What could be causing this? If I copy the file to another computer and reopen, it's fine, everything works, but if I copy it back the problem immediately returns. I've run the update for Excel, I've updated my video drivers, nothing works. My apologies for taking up anyone's time. This problem has apparent...

Remove lines with +++

dialog based implementation
The member function OnExtraInit will place two dialogs (dlg1 and dlg2) side by side. dlg1 refers to the dialog pertaining to the class trs_lsr_cmd_dlg while dlg2 refers to the dialog for class trs_lsr_status_dlg. So now: trs_lsr_cmd_dlg::trs_lsr_cmd_dlg(trs_lsr_ctrl_dlg_main* pParent /*=NULL*/) : CDialog(trs_lsr_cmd_dlg::IDD, pParent) { m_hIcon = AfxGetApp()->LoadIcon(IDI_LSR_TRS_ICON); VERIFY(ptr_trs_lsr_status_dlg = new trs_lsr_status_dlg(pParent)); VERIFY(ptr_trs_test_dlg = new trs_test_dlg(pParent)); m_pParent = pParent; } trs_lsr_cmd_dlg::~trs_lsr_cmd_dlg() { if (ptr_trs...

How to Remove SRS

remove Fax from address book?

Removing an item from menu

Need to remove selected characters

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

Creating Modeless dialogs in a DLL
Hi I created a MFC regular DLL using the classwizard I am loading the DLL from a console based Win32 Application In the InitInstance of the CWinApp derived class of the DLL, If I try to create a Modeless Dialog , The dialog seems to be created, but it does not respond to any inputs and non of the controls over it are visible How do I make this work? Basically, I need a dialog box in the DLL just to catch user defined windows messages posted by another application I know for sure that the messge is being posted correctly. Is there an easier way of doing this Thanks in advanc Di. ...

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar

Removing password protection on a sheet

How to detect if function dialog is calling a custom function
I have a custom VBA function that I use in my spreadsheet. The problem is that when it is called using the function editor, every keystroke causes it to recalculate the function. Now, the function can sometimes take a long time to return because it is calling a database, causing the editor to lock up on every key stroke making it impossible to use the editor. A- is there a way to make it not calculate on each key press. -- or -- B- is there a way to determine if the function editor is calling the function so I can return dummy data until its called from an actual cell? ...

Dialog resource Editor name problem!
I used the vc++ 2005 to create a dialog in an mfc dialog based app after using many commands like copy paste and changing resource IDs I saw that the name that apears in the resources properties is different than the current ID of the resouce and show some previous name of the resource restarting VS or deleteing .res files and rebuilding did not solve the problem what should i do? I guess the problem is harmless because the app seems to work fine and event handlers also work.!! set correct time and date on your system. change IDs manually in .res file save it . It may solve your pro...

double side business cards
Hi, Without realizing it I bought some "double sided" business card paper today - you print it and then fold it over and the self-adhesive sticks the two sides together .. I have a use for this but don't know how to print (or set up) the two sides separately. Funnily enough I had a small program which I can no longer find which enabled me to do this easily. I just clicked on the cards that I wanted to print. Hopefully it will be just as easy in Publisher ? thanks for the help, Michael Look for the make of paper and go to their website to get a template for it.. "Mic...

Adding and removing removable drives

Suppress send e-mail on behalf dialog
I am submitting form data on an Intranet site using a mailto link, and I am in search of a way to suppress the dialog that pops up which states: "A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf. Do you want to allow this?....." All of the following are not options: 1. Installing any sort of third party software to automatically click yes for you, like Express ClickYes 2. Un-installing and re-installing Outlook without the security patch. 3. Moving the submission form to a web/application server Other questions that I have, which I can not seem to find a strai...

how to remove print option in a particular excel file
how to remove print option in a particular excel file You can do this Copy this event in the Thisworkbook module Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Cancel = True End Sub If you want to remove the print icon post back -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "excel" <excel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7859E37-2534-4E83-8F71-B9C3CF5C37BA@microsoft.com... > how to remove print option in a particular excel file ...

Removing Synchronised Contacts
We've a number of client pcs that have been installed with the Outlook Client pointing to a user acceptance test (UAT) system. The Outlook client has synchronized CRM contacts into their Outlook Contacts folder. How can we remove the UAT contacts? I tried to do a Find in Outlook to find the CRM specific contacts, but you don't seem to be able to find the CRM user defined fields? Strange. Any thoughts? You can see the custom CRM fields on an contact view. Choose a contact view that lists the records in a table form, such as 'Phone List'. Then, choose to customize ...