How to register Mscomm32.ocx

In my Dialog based program I used ActiveX - Microsoft Communication Control
(MSComm32.ocx). In order to run it independently on a PC without VC
installed, I need to register MSComm32.ocx in my program. Can anybody guide
me where and what codes I should put? Thanks in advance.

0
y.xu (14)
8/9/2006 4:09:27 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> In my Dialog based program I used ActiveX - Microsoft Communication Control
> (MSComm32.ocx). In order to run it independently on a PC without VC
> installed, I need to register MSComm32.ocx in my program. Can anybody guide
> me where and what codes I should put? Thanks in advance.

Regsvr32 should do it.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)

loaded office pro 07 1st cd & registed what about 2nd cd?
only promped for one cd ?????????????? I haven't loaded office from the retail cd so I can't be certain what the issue is. Did you select all the samples and other optional features? They may be on the second CD so you would only have to mount the second CD if you needed to install something from it. There may be other optional files that only need to be installed if your system needs them. Many options default to run from CD or install on first use so if you didn't change those to run from my computer, you may be prompted as you use the feature to mount the other CD. ...

Classification on the register
Noone wanted to answer my previous question about classifications, but I wil ask another one anyways :). I created a classification "Employee" to track which employee takes the money out of the petty cash (I thought of using payees, but I would sometimes like to track to whom actually the money as going as a payee). Is there any way to show the classification on the register so that I can quickly see who tooke the money? Thanks. I don't know squat about Invoice or the Business version. (Nor do most regular posters here who do not use the Business version either.) But I can t...

i cannot register the key while i registered it before and it wor.
i registered it before with the same product key and now its not working i really need help.. I'd suggest calling microsoft -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "annie" <annie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E69A2C2-93FB-4BA3-9ED8-90A9E0C5C1E1@microsoft.com... > i registered it before with the same product key and now its not working i > really need help.. ...

register questions
I have been using Money 2002 for some time and have had previous money versions. During the last 2 week time period my register quite going back to the beginning. Now all I get is the last 3 years worth of transactions. I have set the view to show all dates. The payees and transactions are still in the database, just need the register to REALLY show ALL dates. Comments? In microsoft.public.money, ballworth@comcast.net wrote: >I have been using Money 2002 for some time and have had >previous money versions. During the last 2 week time >period my register quite going back to t...

Registers Question
Yes, I did the whole tutorial, but some BASICS where never explained in it. Aside: Did you know that after mentioning Z and ZZ Report thousands of times, they finally get around to telling you what the hell that is in like lesson 7 of 10??? What a joke and waste of money. They were just reading Page-for-page the help file. ----- In SO Manager/Registers Maybe I am not understanding this right. I have been PLAYING with one computer install (besides the MSDE on the server where the database is). I set up register 1000 at my computer since it will be data entry only. I set the receipt pr...

Formula for checkbook register
What is the formula for Balance, minus debit, plus credit.:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com See example in Insert a Row using a Macro to maintain formulas http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm#insrtrow --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Valorie Castle >" <<Valorie.Castle.zs0is@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Valorie.Castle.zs0is@excelforum-nos...

Registering
Can anyone help? I am trying to register the product on-line and although the IE is working and I can surf the web, the registration box states that it can't connect to the internet. I have chacked the settings etc and all is ok. Doug, Sounds like you access the internet via a proxy server... Try connecting your server directly to the internet, or contact Microsoft Support. They will supply a little tool that will help you register your product. -- Erik van Hoof CWR Mobility Check our weblog at: http://www.cwrmobility.com/weblog "Doug Jenkins" <Doug Jenkins@discussi...

COleDropTarget Register(this) Failure
Hi, For some odd reason, I am not able to Register the COleDropTarget. I have been working with my project for a while, so I suspect it is something within my project. I have tested it using a default project and it works. I just can't figure out what the problem could be? Perhaps there is a problem using splitter windows? Or perhaps something in Stdafx.h? I do have the member variable COleDropTarget m_dropTarget in the header. Then, in the OnInitialUpdate, I call m_dropTarget.Register(this). // register drop target BOOL b = m_dropTarget.Register(this); It keeps failing at the if(CoL...

Can we call functions in the Activex Control (OCX file).
In my COM Server i have added Dialog Box. i have registered OCX file and added that Activex Control to my Project also. It has created 1 header file and 1 source file. After that i have created an instance(object) of that ActiveX control and trying to call functions, But its giving run time error. Debug Assertion Filed! File: winocc.cpp Line: 345 Please help me See answer above!!!!!! AliR. <karspy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1141820404.474541.234890@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com... > In my COM Server i have added Dialog Box. i have registered OCX file > and added that Ac...

register #2
Does anyone know how to remove the family member and properties lines from my register, I accidently added them and want less confusion Thanks In microsoft.public.money, cathy wrote: >Does anyone know how to remove the family member and >properties lines from my register, I accidently added >them and want less confusion Thanks Accounts&Bills->Categories&Payees Select a Classification to remove on the left, and choose DeleteClassification. Repeat for the other one. ...

Register Connection Problem...
I was here a few days ago asking questions about the initial install and got some excellent answers. However, I'm at another road-block. I'll try to be brief. I installed the POS as explained by two great guys here. I then on the machine designated as server I created register(1) and register(2). Now I then took the same CD over to machines I want to be (1) and (2) and installed the software. Since the License Key (USB) needs to be in the first register I put it in as such. I then did an install on that machine. (NOTE: The install process never asks me if I'm setting up a register...

How Register the add-in DLL on each sales register
Hello, I have developpé a component on my test pc. That this works well, I would like to add it on one of my sales register. But I do not know how Register the add-in DLL on each sales register. Thanks Math It depends on your development environment, but all versions of Visual Studio that I have used have had some facility for creating an installer package. The installer should take care installing dependencies and registering components/assemblies as long as you have selected the correct project properties. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tiber...

Access 07 Registered/Not registered
MS Access 2007 *is* registered? Access Options | Activate generates the message "this product has already been activated" When Open an Access 2007 database, I receive an error message "You are trying to open a read-only database." Solutions offered include "The database file's read-only Attribute is set" The read-only attribute, however is "NOT" set "You may have chosen the Open Read Only command in the Open dialog box. Sorry -- there is no dialog box...

How to close a batch (run Z report) if register is disabled
I was wondering.. since you can only Z-report from a register (not from Manager), how do you properly close a batch if, say, a register is disabled in the middle of a shift (power outage, etc)? thanks! -- RG Robert, Where is the Database? i.e. Is database locally on register? Is this a single lane store? If there is a power outage, the only way to close out the batch is to wait until the power comes back on. As I said before if your db is on another machine, you can go into Store Operations Administrator --> Configuration --> Database Tab on that machine and change the Regis...

Upon opening, I'm told to register, then it tells me I'm alrady registered
I installed Outlook 2002 on one computer in order to sync my new Pocket PC and registered. I then installed the program on another PC on my network and when I'm told to register and I do, I'm told I'm already registered. This window comes up every time I open Outlook. How do I fix this Thanks Robert Fox Does your particular Outlook 2002 or Office XP license allow you to install the software on more than one desktop PC at a time? I suspect that's the problem here. Check your EULA and see if you're exceeding your licensing terms. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** M...

modules not registered
Hello: I know that, even if a client has not purchased a certain module like Inventory or Payroll, that the master windows such as Item Maintenance and Employee Maintenance can still be used to contain records (storage fields). It's just that the transaction-based functionality cannot be used. But, is it possible to use Integration Manager to bring data into the Employee Maintenance window even if the client has not purchased the Payroll module? Thanks! childofthe1980s If you don't have the registration key for IM then it won't let you integrate data to any of the com...

Macros to all registers
I recorded a macro on my computer and set up a hot key for it. When I went to another register, the macro is not there. Do I have to record the macro on every computer? Isn't there a place where all macros are saved? Mickie yes. yes, but it is per registerID. "Mickie" <mickie@REMOVEdalehollowoutdoorsREMOVE.com> wrote in message news:unnKbN0fKHA.2260@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I recorded a macro on my computer and set up a hot key for it. > When I went to another register, the macro is not there. Do I have to > record the macro on every computer? ...

crmaddin.dll failed to register
Hello guys I was having problem in uploading crm funcationalities whenever i start outlook. The problem only exist with laptop client not with the desktop. i was reading that one can get rid of this problem by re-adding dll in regsvr32 . I tried to re-add crmaddin.dll in regsvr32 but get the error . It is failed to register. any solution? was it a dumb question :( or it been answered somewhere? or no one has answer? ...

Can someone tell me how to print ONLY the check register??? >-----Original Message----- >....customizing the account transactions report to get what you want??? > >This multiple posting bit is a serious loser strategy to get help from >people who are generally eager to help but have zero obligation to do so. > >"Renee" <reneenstan@prodigy.net> wrote in message >news:02e701c36529$26488fe0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >> Can someone tell me how to print ONLY the check >> register??? > > >. >I'm sorry for doing that. I guess it was...

Can i register plugin to the ExecuteWorkflow Message?
Can i register plugin to the Create Message of the workflow class? I want to keep just one active instance of each workflow. ------=_NextPart_0001_38E87AD2 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Thanks for posting in. This is Ken in Online Partner Support. If possible please confirm if you are working on CRM 3.0 or 4.0. Kind Regards, Jason Microsoft Online Partner Support ====================================================== PLEASE NOTE: The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions. =================...

registering
I have given my internet carrier's domain name of comcast.net. I no longer use smartfella.com. what do I need to do. You switched to Comcast? How do I set up/configure Outlook Express, Windows Mail & Windows Live Mail for Comcast email? http://www.comcast.com/customers/faq/FaqDetails.ashx?Id=2288 -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "chrismax" <chrismax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:233E9DC0-E970-4169-9273-80EA9DA67015@microsoft.com... >I have given my internet carrier's domain name o...

money 2002 ads on register...
How do I get rid of the ads on the left side of my account register...I reloaded money 2002 on my new computer and have ads from banks and investments accounts showing up. I have turned off everything I can find about shoppping and ads, but there are two or three that just will not go away... I'm guessing you are talking about the financial institution logos? Go into account details and delete the financial institution associated with the account. If you download data, you are stuck with the logos--deleting the FI will screw this up. Get over it. That's what we were put here o...

BillPay Processing Date in Check Register
This feature is just awful. As a user, I can accept that I need to cancel "in advance" of the delivery date. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to manage account balances (and determine if you have enough money in there) when the date in the register is often a week in advance of when the debit will occur? Microsoft! Please change this back! Now this is just weird. I closed Money and reopened it a little later and now the payment date is showing up in my register and not the processing date. Does anybody have any experience with this type of behavior? "Eric Ko...

Debug a "register dump"
I've used the exception-handler class from Matt Pietrek to log all excetion within one of my programs. The problem is that sometimes I can't see the stack-trace, as in the example below. So I've no chance to get to the adress in my program where the problem occurs. Does anybody know how I can get the line of code in my program with only the information below? Many thanks Mario //========================================== // Matt Pietrek // Microsoft Systems Journal, April 1997 //========================================== New Exception ************************************* S...

successfully registered dll not available in COM reference list
when i run regsvr32, it looks like a registered my dll successfully. i get the message "DllRegisterServer in C:\...\<filename>.dll succeeded." when i check my registry, the keys for this dll is included. however, when i go to my project in visual studio 2008, the dll is not listed in my available COM referemce list. please help. ...