How to move a sub window to full screen?

hi,all
I have a problem in my c++ 6.0 app.
I want to full screen a couple of windows. I just get the rect of desktop
and call MoveWindow() to move my main app window to full screen. This is no
problem. But when I did the same thing in a sub/child window, it is different.

::GetWindowRect(hDesktop, &rect);//rect.top = 0 , rect.bottom=768
ScreenToClient(&rect); //rect.top = -44, rect.bottom=724, left=-6, right=1018
//Here, I think it should be rect.top = -28, the title height. Why is it -44?
MoveWindow(rect);// After that, we can not see the window title.

So, how to convert this ?
Thanks

0
Nicky (55)
9/21/2004 11:15:04 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Nicky wrote:
> hi,all
> I have a problem in my c++ 6.0 app.
> I want to full screen a couple of windows. I just get the rect of
> desktop
> and call MoveWindow() to move my main app window to full screen. This
> is no problem. But when I did the same thing in a sub/child window,
> it is different.
>
>>> GetWindowRect(hDesktop, &rect);//rect.top = 0 , rect.bottom=768
> ScreenToClient(&rect); //rect.top = -44, rect.bottom=724, left=-6,
> right=1018 //Here, I think it should be rect.top = -28, the title
> height. Why is it -44? MoveWindow(rect);// After that, we can not see
> the window title.

Child windows are positioned relative to their parent window's *client*
rectangle.  This rectangle obviously doesn't correspond with the screen
rectangle in your case.  When you place your child window at (-6, -44) it
may very well be placed at the top left corner of the screen, but as a child
window is clipped to the parent's client area anything to the left and above
0,0 is clipped.

> So, how to convert this ?

Depends on what you're trying to do - use an overlapped window or a popup,
or make the parent window have no border or menu or anything, or adjust the
size and position of the parent window so that it's client area equals the
whole desctop.

--

Sigurd
http://utvikling.com

0
sigurds (118)
9/22/2004 7:33:00 AM
Nicky wrote:

> hi,all
> I have a problem in my c++ 6.0 app.
> I want to full screen a couple of windows. I just get the rect of desktop
> and call MoveWindow() to move my main app window to full screen. This is no
> problem. But when I did the same thing in a sub/child window, it is different.
>
> ::GetWindowRect(hDesktop, &rect);//rect.top = 0 , rect.bottom=768
> ScreenToClient(&rect); //rect.top = -44, rect.bottom=724, left=-6, right=1018
> //Here, I think it should be rect.top = -28, the title height. Why is it -44?
> MoveWindow(rect);// After that, we can not see the window title.
>
> So, how to convert this ?
> Thanks

What does it mean to you "sub window to full screen"?

If it means your "sub window" (the child window of your main app window
i guess) should cover the whole desktop area, you should do the same
thing as for you main window:
GetWindowRect(hDesktop, &rect);
MoveWindow(...);

If you want your child window to be the size of your main window client
rect, that's what you should do:
GetClientRect(mainWindow, &rect);
ClientToScreen(&rect);
MoveWindow(&rect); // this one is for your child window

By the way: why are you converting the rect to client? The GetWindowRect
when called for the desktop window will give you the desktop size.
That's exactly the size you need for your window. I would SetWindowPos
instead of MoveWindow.

Stefan
Thanks for reply.
Yes, the sub window is just some child window.
The main window is a normal window, has title, has client, but no status bar.
I am trying to do some converting becuase the position returned by desktop
is relative to parent window's client area, like sigurd said. I don't want
the child window just covers the client area, but the whole parent window
area, not just client area.

"Nicky" wrote:

> hi,all
> I have a problem in my c++ 6.0 app.
> I want to full screen a couple of windows. I just get the rect of desktop
> and call MoveWindow() to move my main app window to full screen. This is no
> problem. But when I did the same thing in a sub/child window, it is different.
>
> ::GetWindowRect(hDesktop, &rect);//rect.top = 0 , rect.bottom=768
> ScreenToClient(&rect); //rect.top = -44, rect.bottom=724, left=-6, right=1018
> //Here, I think it should be rect.top = -28, the title height. Why is it -44?
> MoveWindow(rect);// After that, we can not see the window title.
>
> So, how to convert this ?
> Thanks

0
Nicky (55)
9/22/2004 2:15:05 PM
Nicky wrote:
> I don't want the child window just covers the client
> area, but the whole parent window area, not just client area.

Like I said, that is not possible.  A child window is restricted (clipped)
to the parent window's client area.  I also told you about several ways you
*can* make the child window use the whole screen.

--

Sigurd
http://utvikling.com

0
sigurds (118)

Moving license to a new computer

Safe to Move?

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Windows 7, CRM Outlook client and wildcard certificates
Hi, We are hosting CRM 4.0 for several of our customer organizations. The CRM server is installed to IFD mode. We have installed several Windows 7 laptops with CRM Outlook clients in them. They have worked fine till last Wednesday when all CRM Outlook clients on these Windows 7 machines stopped from authenticating successfully to CRM. When trying to use the CRM with IE, there is first an SSL certificate warning shown which says: "The security certificate presented by this website was issues for a different website's address." I can continue by clicking a link in browser which ta...

Moving Exchange 2000

getting around a popup window during a macro
I am running a macro to open a file, copy it, paste it to a differnt workbook, and then close the orginal. When i go to close it there is a popup that tell me "There is large amount of info on the clipboad. Do you want to be able to paste this information into another program later?" I don't need the clipboad information anymore. What do i need to add to macro to keep this from poping up? Here is what I have in the macro to close it. ActiveWorkbook.Close Hi Dennis After your paste line add this Application.CutCopyMode = False -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.ronde...

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Windows Live Mail & Feeds
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format. ------=_NextPart_000_0038_01CACDA1.9517E3C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi everybody, Maybe someone can help me. I am trying to use the Feeds facility but have hugh problems. It seems I can not add any feed at all. Not able to add a folder. In = word ... nothing. Maybe someone can help me to fix this problem or offer a nice place to = read about it. Thanx in advance KR Marco ------=_NextPart_000_0038_01CACDA1.9517E3C0 Content-Type: text...

Item Transaction Entry Screen Override
In order to match the stock status in Great Plains to a physical inventory count, we went to the Item Transaction Entry screen and entered an Adjustment with a negative amount for an item. We received the message, "The quantity entered is greater than the quantity available. Do you want to use the quantity available?" What are the ramifications of replying, "Yes" and of replying, "Override." Someone at our company remembers being advised NOT to reply "Override," as other problems (We do not know what they are.) could arise. Sounds like the qu...

Moving Folder error

Moving between worksheets

Moving Cache
I have started a new computer with Vista Ultimate. I have outlook 2003 up and running and have copied my PST file from my old Windows XP Pro computer. I did have a lot of cached addresses which were not in my contacts. I copied the .NK2 files from the XP to the Vista computer, replacing the currect *.NK2 files in the roaming folder. The address do not appear when I try to address a new email. Am I missing something? Regards. Bob Is your profile name the same on the Vista Machine? Where did you put = the file? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to ...

MRP V10 Move In and Move Out
Service Pack 1, has anyone seen any issues with the Move in and Move out not working for 'make' items when MRP regenerates? I seem to be able to create a situation, where if I change the MO Due date or change the Sales Order In House Date, (change one OR the other so they dont align with each other) MRP will suggest a new MO instead of moving the existing. MRP is suggesting MO's with no demand. For example: MO Due Date 07/1/2008 Sales Order In House Date 07/03/2008 If I change the Sales Order In House date to 06/27/2008 (and leave the MO alone) MRP will suggest a ne...

Windows search *or* Google desktop cannot find content in publisher files...
.... any reason why this is? I'm trying to do a search of a word that is in one of our church bulletins from last year, but I am told no results are found? Any ideas? Thanks! Carmen Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell wrote: > ... any reason why this is? I'm trying to do a search of a word that is in > one of our church bulletins from last year, but I am told no results are > found? Because neither is able to index inside Publisher files. This is not a Publisher problem; if you want these features from your search programs, then you'll have to pester those responsibl...

New Window Causes Hidden Gridlines to Reappear
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have built a excel workbook tool that does a mathematical analysis of a users data that they enter into one of the tabs. Once the data is entered the other tabs in the workbook show the users tables and charts of what their data looks like. In order to display these tables and charts the best, the tool has all Headings and Gridlines turned off and then all the tabs are protected to prevent inadvertent changes to these result tabs. One of the features of this tool is that you can display both the input tab at the sa...

Windows Live Mail is Bloat ware!
I have been using WLM for about a month. Here are my observations: 1. Very slow to load vs. Outlook Express 2. Horrible pastel interface. Much less useful than Outlook Express Questions -- 1. Does anybody from Microsoft know this stuff. 2. Why on earth does MS not want to "support" OE. As if "support" is necessary. Solutions -- Go back to OE and ditch WLM. WLM is not at all useful for a serious computer user. Further comment -- I am seriously resisting buying a new computer because they only seem to come with Windows 7. At least Windows XP suppo...

Moving .pst to new machine
Need to move my data to a new machine temporarily. I copied my .pst file and opened it on the new machine. I have my email, and my primary calendar but I am wondering where my additional calendars are located. What is the best way to copy over those calendars, are they not part of the .pst? Also, what about Rules? Do they not get copied with the .pst? Lastly, how can I copy my BCM data to the new computer? Thanks for all your help. Interesting thing happened, just added a new appt to my calendar on the new machine, and suddenly my other calendars appeared. Very strang...