how to modify integer values in an access db using ADO

hi,
does anybody know how to modify integer values in an access database using
ADO. It seems all data types can be modified except integers that throws
exception.

thanks,
  Behzad

0
bn11 (9)
11/5/2004 7:22:33 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Forcing users to use a custom Contacts form OR removing Contacts
Using Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000 Is it possible to set it so all users use a cusom contacts form for new items in their "Outlook Today" folders? Or better still, is there a way to remove the Contacts folder, or make it point to a folder in the public folders tree? Thanks! Sparks... ...

extracting R-squared value from a chart
Hello, I have a scatter chart with a power trendline. The R-squared value is displayed. I did find formulae that I can use to calculate the c & b value (for the equation y=c*x^b) directly from the data. My question is whether there is a formula that I can use to either: a-extract the R-squared value from the chart, or b-calculate the R-sqared value directly from the data and equation values (c & b). I hope that makes sense. It's been a looooong time since I've used Statistics, so I may have used some terms incorrectly. If so, I apologize. Let me know a...

VB.Net: how to carry SessionID(its value ) from 1 function to othe
If I get SessionID in 1 function how do I carry that SessionID(value of this SessionID) to another function or another form within the same project Winforms or webforms? In Winforms, u can make the SessionID a public or internal property of the form and in WebForms use the Session object to hold this value. "XML newbie: Urgent pls help!" <XMLnewbieUrgentplshelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4350B554-0144-474C-893C-2269C59F75C6@microsoft.com... > If I get SessionID in 1 function how do I carry that SessionID(value of > this > SessionID) to ano...

changing forumla results to values on the fly
Is there a way to get a cell's forumla to convert to its resulting value on the fly (rather than having to go back in and cut>paste special>values)? Alternatively, is there a way to use a second column that will display the values returned from the formulas in the first column as hard-codes values? Thanks in advance. Click in the cell, then: <F2> <F9> -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! ------------------------------------------------------...

Problem to modify the size of PlotArea
Hello, I am trying to modify a chart so that it prints in a 20cm x 17,5cm frame. I do understand that this is governed by the plotarea.insideheight and plotarea.insidewidth properties. I also do understant that these properties are read-only. So far my code is the following: With ActiveChart .SizeWithWindow = False .PageSetup.ChartSize = xlScreenSize .PlotArea.Width = 567 .PlotArea.Height = 496 Do While .PlotArea.InsideWidth < 567 .PlotArea.Width = .Pl...

Outlook .pst cannot be accessed
Starting today, I cannot download email (Office Outlook 2007/VISTA). I get the message "Cannot start reminder service. Cannot show reminder. The message interface has returned an unknown error. If this persists restart Outlook. Cannot open item. Item may be damaged." I have shut down and restarted my computer four times with no change. The Unread Items folder is gone along with my contacts in the address book, and the calendar. And, I cannot move messages to other folders. There is also a message saying "Receiving error 0x80040600." Does anyone know what the p...

Modifier Error
Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. The Modifier is currently unavailable because another user is editing resources in the Forms Dictionary. The Server has already been rebooted but we are still coming up with the same error. Thanks, Hi make sure that you are not sharing the Forms Dictionary with another users. Thanks BS "Jess M." <JessM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56C6878-9410-4CF5-95DE-DCA0AC50EA55@microsoft.com... > Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. > > The Modifier is current...

Excel Front End with Access Back End #2
Yes, I would have one central Access Database that sits on a server wit copies of the Excel front end on the users laptops. I just need to kno how to create the interface between them. Regards, Ripa -- Ripa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ripan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=471 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26704 hi, in access you can link to excell files like you can link to another database. I do it all the time. and the linked excel files work just link acc...

getting column and row names if a cell has a value
Hello, I am trying to pull data out of a large Excel spreadsheet to get a slimmed down version.. I have a large spreadsheet (100+ columns by 500+ rows, and 12 worksheets) that I'm trying to make sense of in order to import into another program. Each Column has a four-digit code for a "name", each row has a five- digit code for its "name." The majority of cells have a value of '0'. I am trying to get excel to look at the range, and if there is a value that is not zero in a cell, give me the column name in one column, the row name in the next column then the v...

Erroneous 'Enter Parameter Value' dialog after converting to Acc 2
After converting from access 97 to access 2000 when I try to open some of my reports from code I get an 'Enter Parameter Value' dialog appearing. There is no field name listed in the dialog and when I press the OK button the reports appears just as in Access 97. Is there any way to suppress this dialog from appearing? Answered in m.p.a.reports ...

EXE change in data modified
Hi Guys Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified date" to the dynamics.exe file? In theory, something would need to change the file. My best guess would be a service pack would change the date. -- www.fmtconsultants.com "cruesta@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi Guys > > Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified > date" to the dynamics.exe file? > > For GP 9.0 SP 1 the Dynamics.exe modified date is 5/16/2006 which looks to be the date the Service Pack was created (as opposed to the da...

Selecting a Value from a Range of Values
I want to select a value from a range of 20 Values depending upon the relationship between two cells outside that range. Lets say the Range of Values I want to select from is held in A1 to A20 I then Have a Range of Different Values in held in C1 to C24 - C1 = 1, C2 =2 ..... C24 = 24 In E1 I have a Value that could be anything from 1 to 24 If C1 = E1, I want to put the Value in A1 into D1, A2 into D2, A3 into D3 etc If C2 = E1, I want to put 0 into D1,the Value in A1 into D2, A2 into D3, A3 into D4 etc Can it be done? Simplest way would be with one formula in D1, And another in D2, wh...

modified timeline graph
I have a table of dates and events (and "phase"), and I want to make a timeline graph: 1-d horizontal line, no (visible) y-axis. I want the distance between the events to be spaced based on the date, and the event names to be shown at each point. The dates should be shown too, either for each event or just based on auto-scaling of the x-axis (e.g. major unit = 3 months). Here's the hard part. The events happen in different "phases", and I want to show the phases graphically somehow. I was thinking this component of the graph would be a bar chart, and I could someho...

Access 2000 10-25-04
Please Help While attempting to set up a database on access 2000, I accidentally changed every excel file I had on my desktop to an access file. These desktop files held all of my business records for the year. They are totally useless to me. I can't even see information on them. I am desperate to change them back to their old excel selves. I seem to be missing the programming necessary to do so. Or perhaps just the intelligence! Please help in laymans terms. Thank you, Sue Sue, Wild guess, but did you just change the file extensions from .xls to .mdb, so neither Excel nor A...

404 Error in OWA when accessing calendar items in public folders
We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003 Server SP1. We have a front-end/back-end configuration. OWA works well except when attempting to access calendar items in public folders. In personal folders, this is not a problem. The public folder calendar appears correctly; however, opening a particular calendar item results in a 404 error about 2/3 of the time. Sometimes it opens properly. Refreshing the item window repeatedly will eventually bring up the item. This problem is not restricted to a particular user, browser or public folder. Even with full owner permissions on t...

Modify name displayed in GAL
Hi all! Is there any way to change the manner in wich user are displayed in GAL? I've been aked to set DislayName to "First Last", but leave "Last First" in GAL - is there any way to do this? Thanx -- R.V. ...

Auto generate letter(s) IN ACCESS
I need to build a small db where cust details are entered along with products ordered and once the order entry in completed i want the db to autogenerate a letter or several from a pool depending on the different products ordered, is this possible? thanks Jason On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 05:59:01 -0800, Jason G <JasonG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to build a small db where cust details are entered along with products >ordered and once the order entry in completed i want the db to autogenerate a >letter or several from a pool depending on the different...

modify online services
My bank recently upgraded their online services to include Direct Statements. Previously I had set up to receive Web statements. Money 2004 Omline services Manager does not give me the option to "modify services" only to "change financial institutions." Any ideas on how I can modify online banking services so I can use background banking to get Direct statements? This is how it works in M03: From account list -> Click manage online services -> click Setup online services, then select the financial institution from the list (assuming the list is updated wi...

WHY: duplicated entries in suppliers table after using QSimport
hello after using QSimport to populate the items table, i've noticed that there are a lot of duplicate entries being created in the supplier table. There are 254 only distinct supplier names, but there are 654 suppliers total. When you look at the suppliers which are present more than once, you notice (i am 99% sure) that all of the ones that get duplicated are had to be truncated to 30 characters, the max data length for that field. i checked and they are not being duplicated because they are misspelled or even because of trailing spaces in the supplier name 1) would it be harmfu...

One Record at a time Report
I have a table with columns that represent different metrics on separate investments. Each investment is a separate row of the table. Is it possible to have a Report based on the table that displays/prints each row as a separate report? Thanks! (B^>)-]=[ WSR wrote: >I have a table with columns that represent different metrics on separate >investments. > >Each investment is a separate row of the table. > >Is it possible to have a Report based on the table that displays/prints each >row as a separate report? Well, lots ot things are ...

What function to determine the second small integer from a list?
I get a list of integers, and would like to determine which one is the second small integers from the list. Does anyone know what function to perform the above task? Thank for any suggestion Eric =small(range,2) "Eric" wrote: > I get a list of integers, and would like to determine which one is the second > small integers from the list. Does anyone know what function to perform the > above task? > Thank for any suggestion > Eric ...

How to count the number of values that fall within a range
8 A B C D E F G H 9 This seems to work This seems to double count those that are between and single count the rest 10 values <10 and >90 >30 and < 70 11 29.65 5.00000 28.00000 12 62.71 13 1.35 Equation in C11 14 97.13 =COUNTIF(A11:A30,"<10")+COUNTIF(A11:A30,">90")' 15 31.46 16 80.75 Equation in D11 17 8.62 =COUNTIF(A11:A30,">30")+COUNTIF(A11:A30,"<70")' 18 54.96 19 53.23 The question is, is there a similar function to counti...

Exchange Web Access
Hi I"m using Exchange Web Access. When I configure it to check for spelling and try to send email I"m getting an error that says that I cannot send email. Any idea? Than'x Shay In news:OBn5zBFVHHA.1036@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl, S <s@s.com> typed: > Hi > > I"m using Exchange Web Access. When I configure it to check for > spelling and try to send email I"m getting an error that says that I > cannot send email. > Any idea? > > Than'x > Shay Is that the exact error message? Does it work if you don't use spellcheck? Does anyone e...

Case When statement in Access Frontend with Sql Backend
I am trying update my queries to perform better on my recently transferred backend from Access to Sql Server. So I need to change a switch statement in Access to a Case When statement. I have made the adjustement as shown below and I can't save it because Access says missing operator. I don't know if my syntax is wrong or if access doesn't like the case when statement. Thanks for the thoughts. [code]'AssetClassSort' = CASE WHEN SUBSTRING([Appraisals]![AssetClass],1,3)='Cas' THEN 1 WHEN SUBSTRING([Appraisals]![AssetClass],1,3)='Equ' THE...

GP7.5SP6
We're in the process of upgrading from GP7.5 SP4 to SP6. We are on MSSQL Server 7.0. My supervisor has already implemented the hot fix as describe in MBS (that's a script to update some indexes on the server if someone is using GP7.5 manufacturing on MSSQL7). When I try to import modified forms and reports I've received some errors. For instances some references on the VBA to the GUI forms (i.e. text boxes, buttons) become missing. And on the reports I've been told it couldn't find the table MOP_MO_Variance_DC_Detail_Report_Temp and MOP-Sched_Interface_Report_Before....