how to make windiff pass the current line number to an editor?

Hi,

I am sorry to post a windiff question in this group.  I failed to find a
group related to windiff and figured out you might know the answer from
your daily work experience.

In windiff, I place an editor command below and intend to have the gvim
editor to point to the current line.  Windiff translate %I to character
"I" rather than the current line number as it promised.  Do you know
why?  Please help.  I appreciate it.  Tony

"c:\vim\vim61\gvim" +"%I" "%p"

ps. "c:\vim\vim61\gvim" +100 "%p" <-- gvim will always point to line 100.

0
tony6018 (73)
12/23/2003 8:37:17 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

    Try    "%l"  ( small L = line number ) instead of  "%I"

--
Cheers
Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP]

"May Young" <tony@srac.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am sorry to post a windiff question in this group.  I failed to find a
> group related to windiff and figured out you might know the answer from
> your daily work experience.
>
> In windiff, I place an editor command below and intend to have the gvim
> editor to point to the current line.  Windiff translate %I to character
> "I" rather than the current line number as it promised.  Do you know
> why?  Please help.  I appreciate it.  Tony
>
> "c:\vim\vim61\gvim" +"%I" "%p"
>
> ps. "c:\vim\vim61\gvim" +100 "%p" <-- gvim will always point to line 100.

0
CheckAbdoul
12/23/2003 8:56:16 PM
I tried and it still failed.  Thanks.

CheckAbdoul wrote:
>     Try    "%l"  ( small L = line number ) instead of  "%I"

0
tony6018 (73)
12/23/2003 10:13:17 PM
Try it without the quotes for the <%l> parameter. Something like

         c:\vim\vim61\gvim.exe +%l "%p"

--
Cheers
Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP]

> I tried and it still failed.  Thanks.
>
> CheckAbdoul wrote:
> >     Try    "%l"  ( small L = line number ) instead of  "%I"

0
CheckAbdoul
12/23/2003 11:58:56 PM
Try switching to another comparison tool, like our Compare It!
http://www.grigsoft.com/wincmp3.htm :)
I can make special price for you, if you are interested and will like our
program.

Igor Green,
Grig Software.
www.grigsoft.com
Compare It! + Synchronize It! : files and folders comparison never was
easier!

0
grigsoft (56)

IM SOP (Invoice) Document Number
I am bringing invoice information from another system into GP via integration manager. all works well with the exception of the Document Number/Invoice Number; I am using default; which creates a new number for each invoice item. does anyone have a vbscript that can be used to get the next invoice number for a client and use that number for all items coming in for that client during the integration. there would be multiple invoice items per client and multiple clients per integration. can anyone point me in the right direction or have a script(s) to handle this. thanks Do you have eCo...

csv not importing numbers stored as text
I have a column in an excel spreadsheet that is formatted as text. The contents are like this: 1101,1102,1103... When I save as a csv file it then does a calculation on the numbers. What can I do to make the csv read it as 1101,1102,1103...? On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 10:44:01 -0800, Jennifer <Jennifer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a column in an excel spreadsheet that is formatted as text. The >contents are like this: > >1101,1102,1103... > >When I save as a csv file it then does a calculation on the numbers. What >can I do to make t...

number format #3
I want to change number format to indian number format form american number format for example: the american format is like 200,200,000.00 I want to change it as indian format 2,00,20,000.00 Adding to M ike's response, #","##","##","###.00;-#","##","##","###.00 to use the same format for negative numbers with a preceding minus sign -- HTH Bob Phillips "Mike" <mike22p@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#gGdQskWDHA.652@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > #","##","##"...

numbers as text #2
How do you do this, and why does excel fight it so hard? Our payroll provider sends us our payroll data in an excel spreadsheet. Project numbers that have been charged to come back in the spreadsheet with an apostrophe (') leading the number, forcing it to be recognized as text. Up to a point. If I edit a project number that was entered wrong, even though I keep the apostrophe before the number, excel now treats the cell value differently. In the body of the spreadsheet it now looks like a number, with no apostrophe, while the edit box at the top of the spreadsheet still shows th...

Insert random number only if cell empty
Hello. I'd like my spreadsheet to place a 7 digit random number into a cell only the cell is empty, otherwise leave the contents as is. I simply don't want the number to change if one is already present. I currently keep the number static by pressing F9 when I enter the RAND formula, but that forces me to manually change the number when I save the spreadsheet to another name. I'd like the spreadsheet to automatically calculate a new number in the cell as soon as I erase the previous number in that cell. Any help on this issue will be appreciated. Thanks. "M.L.&qu...

How can I make my document into less mb for email
I have created a document that is 143 pages. It will not send in email. I need it to be a smaller megabite version to send. How can I do that? Create a PDF. Can't guarantee it will be really small, but it should be smaller than a Publisher file. There are free PDF conversion applications around. www.primopdf.com is mentioned here. If you have Publisher 2007 there is an Office PDF add-in. 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP htt...

How do I freeze lines on a form
I have a form that was created in word that co-workers have to type on with client information. How do I make the lines & boxes freeze so that when they do type on it it doesn't move? Insert a table. Put each form field in a separate cell of the table. In the Table Properties dialog, Rows tab, set the row heights to "Exactly" values. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. rauten46 wrote: > I have a form that was created i...

numbering tickets Publisher 2003
I am designing an event ticket and I need to have them numbered from 0001 to 1000. How can I do this with out numbering each? Please Email me at VC8454@MSN.COM "phil" <phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70C531FC-E22D-4378-890E-DBF77BD89214@microsoft.com... > I am designing an event ticket and I need to have them numbered from 0001 > to > 1000. > > How can I do this with out numbering each? > > Please Email me at VC8454@MSN.COM Review help for mail merge. Create a mail merge document and an Excel file with the...

AutoDelete the AutoArchive folder after a certain number of days?
Hi, I have a user that hoards a rediculous amount of old email. Not only does his network email box reach its limit, but the AutoArchive reaches its limit too (I have discovered that the AutoArchive has a maximum size of ~ 1.9 Gb). Outlook requires me to delete email from his AutoArchive before AutoArchive will run (reducing the size of his mailbox) and allow Outlook's Send/Receive to work. I'm getting tired of doing this weekly ... he's a department manager. Does anyone know of a way to automatically delete emails from the AutoArchive folder after a certain number of days? T...

Compiling MFC project from command line...
Hi, How do I compile and link MFC activex project from command line in MSVC 6.0 Is there any tool which generates such info... Help ! sandSpiderX If you look in the project settings for your ActiveX project, you will see the command line that is used by the IDE for building the project. You should be able to use that command line directly. "sandSpider" <m74.piscean@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1120655631.691634.137580@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > How do I compile and link MFC activex project from command line in MSVC > 6.0 > > Is the...

Multiple Number Formats
I have one chart who's data changes based on selections made. Sometimes the data is a number formatted with zero decimal places and a comma (ie 1,900). Sometimes the data is a percentage formatted with zero decimal places (ie 25%). Is there a way to make this one chart handle both situations and change the format of the Y Axis based on the type of data included? Thanks...Anthony Anthony - Try this as a custom number format: [<1]0%;#,##0 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _____...

How do I make cut-out of an animal separate from the background?
I am trying to cut-out an animal so all I have of the picture is the cut-out of the animal with no background. I used to be anle to do this on the old Publisher... Delphi wrote: > I am trying to cut-out an animal so all I have of the picture is the > cut-out of the animal with no background. I used to be anle to do > this on the old Publisher... ============================== Insert the picture and...on your Picture Toolbar...go to...Text Wrapping / Edit Wrap Points. Now you can place your pointer anywhere along the edge of the picture and drag the nodes to the position you require...

How to start cluster from command line?
We are running Windows 2003 domain and Exchange 2003 cluster. I had to take ALL of the cluster resources offline install a Microsoft fix. Now the cluster won't show up in Cluster Administrator so I can't bring the cluster back online. Anyone know the command line commands to do this, or how I open a connection to the cluster in Cluster Administrator? TIA, Lamar The virtual node name is "stms". Whe I try to connect to that cluster it says that the cluster service is not running on that node. Lamar "Lamar Thomas" <none@none.com> wrote in me...

Including number format in formula
I have a simple "if/then/else" formula that I would like to display the result of the "else" portion with no decimal places showing, instead of the default value of the cell. Can I include the format in the formula? Here is my formula: =IF(D12>75,D12/E12,D12) Thanks, -- Zilbandy - Tucson, Arizona USA <zil@zilbandyREMOVETHIS.com> Dead Suburban's Home Page: http://zilbandy.com/suburb/ PGP Public Key: http://zilbandy.com/pgpkey.htm ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hi, Try =IF(D12>75,D12/E12,INT(D12)) or replace Int with roun...

Line selection for formating in Excel chart
Have "plain vanilla" line chart in excel spread sheet. Data series consist of several lines closely space. Normally I can select and RClick a single series for formating such as line color and thickness. Is it possible to simultaneously select all data series to change a common format such as line thickness. I'd like to do this without individually selecting each line while the control key is depressed. (lazy and not that good-a shot). ~Dave Hi, No you can not select multiple series, like you can with shape objects. The only time saver is, select 1 on the series and the f...

Changing Bill Account Number
I am trying to change the account number that coincides with a telephone bill. (The account number changed when I moved). But when I go into the account details and click the link for 'Account number', the account number field is grayed out and not editable. I've been paying this bill online using a debit card for the past few months because I cannot change this number. Back in October, when they reassigned my old phone number to somebody new, my bill was payed to the wrong account. (I am still fighting this too). Why is it so hard to change bill account numbers in this...

Tracking Number of Times You Print a Spreadsheet
Does anyone know the VB code (or maybe another method) fro creating a macro or some other function that would record the number of times a worksheet is printed? Basically, I need to know how often a certain spreadsheet is printed for my boss and don't want to have to keep a manual field that I update with the number +1 everytime I print it....can this be automated? So that every time I print the spreadsheet the value in this cell is incremented by one? Please reply to phoenix_crime@yahoo.com if you have a quick and easy solution. I am assuming this requires some minor VB code ...

How do I compare a list of Lotto winning numbers to my ticket?
I have a list of lotto winning numbers in excel such as: row column a 1 11-12-13-14-15-16-17 2 18-19-20-25-29-30-34 3 25-26-27-28-29-30-40 each one of these is in its own cell on a separate row but in the same column. I wan to compare to my ticket which is in the same form e.g.: 20-30-40-50-60-70 is there a way of having excel go through the cells, find the numbers that match any number in my ticket and then copy them to another column in the same row as the original result numbers? the idea is that excel would find any number in a particular cell matching any of ...

Some grid lines disappear randomly. How do I restore them?
Column and row lines have broken on my excel document. I'm a new user. How can I restore column and row breaks? Hello: Did you apply a background fill to some cell? If you apply a background file to a cell the gridlines will disappear. This is easiest to see if you apply a white background fill. This condition will be copied with cell if you copy to another part of the sheet. To test if this is your problem go to (after saving a backup) edit/clear/formats. If that returns all your gridlines then your problem is formating. Pieter Vandenberg Lizzeebee007 <Lizzeebee007@discussion...

How to design a ticket in Publisher with incrementing numbers?
I want to design a ticket in MS Publisher that I can print several to a page with incrementing numbers. Thanks. Do you have pre-perforated stock? Templates here for Word and Works, they can be adapted to Publisher. http://www.nashua.com/tmplts.html I have a template on my web page, scroll way down below George Washington. http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm You will have to use mail merge to get consecutive numbers on your tickets. http://msauer.mvps.org/misc.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://offi...

PO Number associated with Drop-Ship SO
Hello. Would anyone know where GP stores the PO Number generated from a drop-ship Sales Order? I am looking for the SQL table name and field name, in GP8. Thank you, Maria. Maria, I believe that is stored in the SOP_POP Link table, which is SOP60100. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Maria" <Maria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD43647E-BDCD-44A5-B923-14D8166435B1@microsoft.com... > > Hello. > > Would anyone know where GP stores the PO Number generated from a drop-ship > Sales Order? > I am looking for th...

How can I choose which lines are frozen using "freeze pane"?
I've tried highlighting the row I would like to freeze, usually just the first row, but it always freezes it after the 16th row. Any suggestions!? This is really frustrating! See if this old post helps: http://tinyurl.com/2qdzt -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "emilyp" <emilyp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35457940-EC4E-4071-B8C5-4AFD3DABDCB6@microsoft.com... I've tried highlighting the row I would like...

Two formulas in on cell based on two numbers in another cell?
Hi, Not sure this is possible but...I have a cell that has a number range in it and based on an amount in another cell want to calculate a new range. For example: Initial Range: A1 = 10 - 12 Calc Amount: A2 = 5 Final Range: A3 = 50 - 60 I think I can get the results by concatenating two formulas I'm just not sure how to enter the original numbers (A1) or how to distinguish between the two in the final formula (A3) Using Excel 2003. Hope this makes sense. Thanks. I would put the range in two different cells (eg A1 and B1). Then the multiplication is easy. If you ...

A large number of messages are pending in the e-mail server send q
How can I get around this, I tried force connection, didn't work? Meanwhile store.ex is holding up lots of memory and the main drive is running out of space. Could any of these event create this problem? I just can't explain why some sites recieve our mails and some don't. Thanks - Check outbound smtp connectivity - Check DNS name resolution (if you're not using smarthost) - Are messages in the q for a particular domain? Is that domain valid/resolvable? - Restart smtp svc & routing engine svc - Check event log for any errors. Bump up Diagnostics Logging on MSExchange...

Query to count between list of number (Predicting Start/End that may occur in data range)
Hi, I have a below list of numbers. 566667 566668 566669 566665 566666 566671 566672 566680 I want a query that would return a count between start and end of range. Like Start End Quantity 566665 566669 5 566671 566672 2 566680 566680 1 Thank you. On 2 apr, 07:17, Angela <ims...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have a below list of numbers. > > 566667 > 566668 > 566669 > 566665 > 566666 > 566671 > 566672 > 566680 > > I want a query that would return a coun...