How to make CTreeCtrl item text editable

I have a CTreeCtrl in a dialog which works quite nicely to display items.
The problem I am having is trying to edit the labels.  I have the Edit
Labels property set to true but not sure what message I have to handle or
how much work I will be doing.  Sorry for the generic question but I am
hoping there is an easy solution to this common functionality.

0
rjcurry (8)
6/25/2004 10:01:49 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

TVN_BEGINLABELEDIT
TVN_ENDLABELEDIT

Use the pResult value to prevent/allow editing in BEGIN, and to
accept/reject the string in END.

Bill

"Bob Curry" <rjcurry@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I have a CTreeCtrl in a dialog which works quite nicely to display items.
> The problem I am having is trying to edit the labels.  I have the Edit
> Labels property set to true but not sure what message I have to handle or
> how much work I will be doing.  Sorry for the generic question but I am
> hoping there is an easy solution to this common functionality.

0
GuitarBill

Outlook Message start with white text and white background...
I am having an issue with Outlook whereas when I write a message... It starts with white text on a white background? WE will presume that you have already checked under Tools->options->mail format->fonts? If yes, are you using Word as your editor and have you chosen a Style that uses this font color against a dark background? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Ron.... asked: | I am having an issue...

Formatting Coloured Text
I am able to download a daily Excel file consisting of one worksheet. The font is coloured mainly black, red and blue. Black indicates neutral, red negative and blue positive. Could I fill the red and blue font cells with a piece of code, so that they are more visible and throw up possible patterns? Say blue, font with a yellow background and red with green which would give a good contrast Try this little code snippet Sub TheFontColor() Dim Mud As Range, cell As Range Set Mud = Range("A1:C5") For Each cell In Mud If cell.Font.ColorIndex = 5 _ Then cell.Interior.Col...

show total number of items in Inbox and Sent Items
My Outlook 2002 used to show (somewhere on the bottom of the screen) the total number of items in the folder that was highlighted, if the folder was "Inbox" or "Sent Items". This was helpful because I try to keep the number of items pretty low. Somehow (updates, patches, our IT person???) this function has disappeared. Any ideas on getting it back? Thanks ...

Make Default

Pivot Item Displaying Incorrect Value?
We have a pivot table, which has Project as pivot field 4. The Project pivot field has 3410 pivot items, of which number 842 is misbehaving. The project value for this item is 10537 , and when you drill to detail, that's what you get. Correctly. However, the .Name , .Caption, and .Value properties for this PivotItem all say 616 . In the pivot item drop down list, it's sorted right where 10537 should be, but it says 616 . Thoughts on why/how this would be? best I can tell, someone must have manually typed the 616 accidentally, and the pivot table is set to ac...

making a transfer show up in the budget

Tracking Inventory of One Item / Multiple Suppliers?
Hello. Trying to figure out if it's possible for RMS to report on / segragate inventory quantities if the same inventory item is from multiple suppliers (say 10 units of x from supplier a and 5 units of x from supplier b)...does RMS have this capability? Thanks in advance -- R. Mullen Clovis CA I suppose this could work for serialized items. "hitman" <hitman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB95016B-936B-46B4-AA19-A823FBE485F2@microsoft.com... > Hello. Trying to figure out if it's possible for RMS to report on / > segragate inventory quan...

making tickets

How do you change cells with formula's to the value or text?
In lotus it is possible to change the formula in a cell to the text or the number that that formula returns. Of course, you can not reverse it, but in is very helpful sometimes. Is that possible in Excel CTRL + ~ will toggle between formulas and values -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ----------------------------------------------------------------------------...

trimming text
I'm working with mutual fund names that have the share class attached to the end. I'm trying to write the formula that would trim them so that just the name appears. For example: I have... I need.... Acorn Growth A Acorn Growth Acorn Growth B Acorn Growth Munder Total Return A Munder Total Return Munder Total Return C Munder Total Return Munder Total Return I Munder Total Return One way: =TRIM(LEFT(A1, FIND("$", SUBSTITUTE(A1, " ", "$", LEN(A1) - LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1, "...

Save workbook as a Text file
Hi, I have recorded a macro to store an Excel workbook as a .* txt file. The result from the macro-recorder is mentioned below --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ActiveWorkbook. SaveAs Filename:="C:\Temp\map1.txt", _ FileFormat:=xlTextMSDOS, CreateBackup:=False --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If I carry out above action manually the text is taken over exactly the same as in the workbook, however if I carry out the action by using the above a macro, some data with "quotations ma...

Multiple Items in Listbox
I've never had to deal with multiple items in a listbox control. Would it best to store the comma-seperated id integers within 1 varchar field? The other thought was possibly build a junction table and have multiple rows for each comma-seperated integer. What's the best way to store multiple items collected from a listbox? In my example, it would like a product id belonging to multiple category id's. Any guidance? scott (sbailey@mileslumber.com) writes: > I've never had to deal with multiple items in a listbox control. Would it > best to store the...

Outlook Calendar Resources becomes Attendee after edit
In Outlook 2002, you can book a meeting with a Resource in your calendar. However what is happening is when this person edits the meeting with a resourse in it the resource becomes an Attendee. Any Ideas? ...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

item quantity discount not found
I have an issue I hope someone can help me with. I had created a mix/match discount scheme for a group of items that I was overstocked with. Now that the items are at the levels I wanted them to be I didn't want them discounted anymore. Since you can't remove a bunch of items from discount at once I decided to delete the discount scheme. It seemed to work OK because when I looked into the item properties discount tab everything had no discount selected. However, when we sell one of these items it comes up with "warning 907 - the item quantity discount was not found in the d...

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

Make Personal Calendar Read Only

Outlook 2003 Calendar
Boss and secretary. Secretary takes a new job elsewhere. Secretary's account was disabled and deleted according to our normal procedures. For some reason, every time the boss has an appointment or meeting scheduled by her new secretary (or anyone else for that matter), we get bounce back message saying that the former secretary's email cannot be found. Below is the exact message: <<<<<<**********<<<<<<< Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Test date for ****** (former secretary) Sent: 4/7/20...

Item not saved in Sent Items
I am using Outlook 2000. I just sent an email, I then went to sent items and it wasn't there. I have checked drafts and the outbox and it isn't there either. I have checked that the sent items folder is sorted by date so it should be easy to find the item I sent. Can anyone explain why my mail isn't appearing in the sent items folder? I believe there is option to have or not have items in your emails saved in your sent folder. Check under Tools - Options - Email Options. Check for box that asks whether or not you want emails saved in the sent folder. Let us know if this d...

Text editing in a cell
How do I insert a line break within a cell when I am writing a line of text?? - when I press enter I go to the next cell!! Help Hi Barbara ALT+ENTER will do -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Barbara wrote: > How do I insert a line break within a cell when I am writing a line > of text?? - when I press enter I go to the next cell!! Help ...