How to lock and unlock the XP system from remote system.

Hi
I am writting a program to lock and unlock the remote desptop.For this I
need some help related to sending Ctrl+Alt+Del to the remote PC.Can any one
help me on the issue.

Regards
Prashant Sharma

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Yes.  Find something else to do with your time.  You keep trying to do something that any
decent security system forbids.

There is already remote access.  See if you can find APIs relating to remote access.  But
I suspect that you will discover that Windows security is going to make this task
impossible.
				joe

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 15:19:31 +0530, "ISDC" <satish7684@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi
>I am writting a program to lock and unlock the remote desptop.For this I
>need some help related to sending Ctrl+Alt+Del to the remote PC.Can any one
>help me on the issue.
>
>Regards
>Prashant Sharma

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)

locking up
This might be more of a GDI question, but since I'm in MFC, I'll ask: Would BitBlt-ing to the screen repeatedly tend to lock up a program, after alt+tabbing to another application? If so, why? This seems to be happening to me, and I want to get to the bottom of the problem. What I have is either a fade loop or a screen-size redraw, both based on a timer and bitblt. Quite often, after I leave the program to go to another app, I cannot return and must "end task". "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message news:%23YFL5Ks%23F...

System Recovery
I was in the middle of cleaning and reinstalling windows 98 on my computer, then the computer was shut down. Now when I try to go and do over again it just tells me missing operating system. it won't let me type anything, restart the process, or do anything. It is just a black screen and just says missing operating system. What do I do?! On 01/22/2010 11:29 AM, zenchild wrote: > I was in the middle of cleaning and reinstalling windows 98 on my computer, > then the computer was shut down. Now when I try to go and do over again it > just tells me missing operatin...

Desktop Alert Locks Computer
Greetings, I am seeing a little quirk on some of my desktops. It only happens occasionally, but it happens to different models of PC. Not all the time, but once in awhile, I have users that complain of their PC freezing. The only remedy is to do a hard reboot. I have noticed in these instances, that the desktop mail alert ( the preview that pops up by the system clock when you get a new mail) is showing when it froze. If I go into Outlook and turn off the desktop alert, then the PC freezing stops. So, I know that the Desktop Alert is the cause of the problem. Has anyone else ever seen this? Th...

Lock formula to cell
I want a formula to lock to a cell so that when I add or delete a column the formula will always remain with say column H I know if the sheet is Password protected this will prevent this happening but that is no use when I have to unprotect the sheet to delete a column. Anyone got thoughts on this? regards Pat Hi Pat without using VBA you can't achieve this Frank Pat wrote: > I want a formula to lock to a cell so that when I add or delete a > column the formula will always remain with say column H > > I know if the sheet is Password protected this will prevent this >...

Outlook XP to 2007
I am trying to copy my contacts and calendar appointments from a computer with Outlook XP to my laptop with Outlook 2007. What do i need to do to copy them over? Mike D. Michael Dobony wrote: > I am trying to copy my contacts and calendar appointments from a computer > with Outlook XP to my laptop with Outlook 2007. What do i need to do to > copy them over? > > Mike D. take a look here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA010771141033.aspx more info here: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm HTH --...

Outllook2007 to open my Outlook2002 Win7 says files locked.
I'm following 2002 to 2007 instructions step by step. When I point Outlook to my ..pst file, I get access restriction messages. How do I make sure these files can be accessed by Outlook 2007? Thanks. Which exact steps are these? From your Outlook 2002 machine, copy the pst-file to your Outlook 2007 machine and place it in a convenient location such as My Documents\Outlook\ In Outlook 2007 you can then reconnect to the pst-file via; File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... For details see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Robert Sparnaai...

The system works! (Outlook 2003 result)
Hi, A friends PC has been having trouble with Outlook 2003. It was crashing on mail-send and not auto-suggesting addresses. Detect and Repair didn't fix it, neither did a complete reinstall. A trawl of this newsgroups archives suggested that a new profile might be the way to go, so I tried this. Worked a treat. She's now happy that Outllook works,so I'd thought I'd just say a huge "THANKS!" to the resident gurus. Sometimes, the system works the way it ought to. So, to all the folks who have a macro for "This is not an Outlook Express newsgroup" and t...

Changing System Required fields into Bussiness Recommended
Hi all, Is there any possibility to change a System Required field into a Bussiness Recommended one ? I would like to do it with 'customerid' from opportunity entity. Thanks, Hugo ...

Overcoming the limit of 7 nested Ifs in Excel XP. Is it possible?
Any suggestion on this would be greatly appreciated. I thought there was a way to overcome the limit of 7 nested IFs in the one formula. My worksheet is setup like this: Column A hold dates for an entire year. The dates are entered in the following format: 1-2-07 In Column B I need to setup an IF formula that checks if the month is either Jan, Feb, March and so on to December. If the month is Jan return "X", if the month is Feb return "Y", if the month is March return "Z", and so on to December. In Column B the formula works fine with 7 IFs =IF(MONTH(B10)=1,&qu...

locked excel File ??
Hi . I am working with my colleges with one Excel file in a shared file system. Sometime - when I open the file, there is the message "locked from College" - but he is definetly out of office and shut down his PC. We are using Excel 2003 + Excel 2007. What can I do?? THnks for help Susan ...

links fail: Outlook Express 6/Windows XP

Locked out of database
Not sure what happened but get a message saying "database has been converted from a prior version of Access by using DAO compactdatabase and is now in a partially converted state." It says I should be able to import tables into a new data base but when I try this it just gives the same message about converting and the data base just doesn't open. Please help because lots at stake, have to do a report based on these tables so am waiting with anticipation!!!x Hi Pete, Usually this means you are opening an earlier version of Access in a new version. Make a copy of the data...

Cannot Start Outlook XP
I got the following error message: "Failed to register a VB Script DLL. Reinstall or run Regsvr32.exe Vbscript.dll to self register. The key 'Display Name' is either missing or has an incorrect value. [File C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 10\forms\1033 \SECREC(2).CFG, Section Description]" I could not get past the error message to open Outlook. I tried to run Regsvr32.exe Vbscript.dll with no sucess. I also reinstalled Microsoft Office XP, but the same error message appeared when I tried to open Outlook. Any ideas how to solve this problem ------------------------...

share Outlook 2003 between Win XP Pro user accounts?
How do I go about sharing Outlook 2003 between Windows XP Professional User Accounts? Is there a way that two Windows identities can both use the same Outlook Contacts and Messages (at separate times, depending on which Windows identity you're logged into)? Thanks! Yes, simply create a new PST file with File/New and store it in a place where all users can access them (not in my documents, but for exaple in c:\shared data) and name the file so that you can identify it (such as public foldes). Copy all your public data it in foldes you like. Switch to the other user then open the fil...

Lock autoshape to fixed position
Hello, Does anybody know if it is possible to keep an autoshape to a fixed position. I have a worksheet that has two panes, one is frozen i.e. a fixed header and scrollable rows. On the bottom of the page I want to put a button bar made of shape buttons. The problem is that when I scroll, the buttons scroll too! It would be nices if I can keep them in position. I know that is is possible to add a second window, but that does not look so well... Any ideas? Multiple fixed panes would be a great option! Change the alignment option to be absolute. Picture properties > Layout tab > Advan...

FormatGmt broken on Windows XP if MFC dynamically linked ??
MFC42 v6.0.400, VC++, Visual Studio 6 We have a class which uses the FormatGmt like this: CTime now = CTime::GetCurrentTime(); setlocale(LC_TIME,"uk"); CString display = now.FormatGMT(now, "%a, %d %b %Y %H:%M:%S GMT"); setlocale(LC_TIME,""); When we run our application in Windows XP the %a and %b specifiers return ???. When we run the same app in Windows 2K everything works. If we compile with MFC as a static library it all works all the time. We are confused! ...

Outlook XP Slow Sending Messages with Large Attachments
I'm using Outlook XP SP3 with Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP1. When sending large attachment (>1MB), Outlook hangs while processing the send request. Has anyone come across this problem before? I'm not using integrated MSN Messenger. I have applied all available fixes and patches listed for Outlook XP from http://www.microsoft.com/office. ...

system errror &H8000FFFF
When i open excel in office 2003 that time it's showing error system error &H8000FFFF(-2147418113).Catastrophic failure If I press ok out of memory If I press ok Then only exnel sheet opened solution of this problem Hari Looking around at various findings at other sites, this seems to be related to either many forms (perhaps redundant) or having lots of macros causes this problem for some people. It can also appear when running some other applications. Some other links discussing the problem: http://www.ureader.com/message/1346459.aspx http://www.excelbanter.com/q-t_37...

Money "lock-out" solution-thanks Kurt
Kurt Thanks for the idea. It worked. I unistalled money 2002 and the reinstalled using custom mode...up and running again! Thank -you What happens to all your data when you do that? Do you still have your data? I tried reinstalling, but no luck. I hate to uninstall, since I would lose all the data, right? Would appreciate info. Thanks, Alice >-----Original Message----- >Kurt > >Thanks for the idea. It worked. I unistalled money 2002 >and the reinstalled using custom mode...up and running >again! Thank -you >. > Your data is in a file *.mny. This is ind...

Form locking up
I've completed my own Linked Table Manager wizard, so that the connections I create to SQL Server and Oracle database on my network don't require a DSN (DSN-less connections). This wizard exists in its own mda file, which I have added as a reference in several of my databases. In my test database, this wizard runs great. I've got a command button that calls a function (fnRefreshLinks) that exists in the wizard. It opens a form, refreshes a list of the linked tables, tests the link, and provides me with some options. When I run this same function from another database, it...

XP vs Windows 7
Hi, This isn't a specific Excel question But..., I currently own Office Professional XP. I have to buy a new machine that will have Windows 7 as the OS. Will I still be able to install my software on this new machine w/o any issues? Or will I be forced to buy a newer version? Thanks Tom "Tom" <TesnoBay@yahoo.com> wrote > I currently own Office Professional XP. I have to buy a > new machine that will have Windows 7 as the OS. > > Will I still be able to install my software on this new > machine w/o any issues? Or will I be forced to buy a ...

Where am I being locked out?!
This is an unusual problem and I'm hoping someone will have come across something similar before. Before I start I should state that I've hardly used Windows Server or Active Directory, so go easy on me if this is something obvious! I am having my account locked out on a daily basis. I know that this isn't to do with my machine as it happens even if I get my account unlocked and wait a day without turning my machine on I still can't log on the day after. I'm pretty sure it's a piece of software that I've installed somewhere that keeps trying to con...

Why not use this as a lock object in lock
Hello! According to the docs it says that lock (this) is a problem if the instance can be accessed publicly. Can somebody explain what can happen if I have a lock section and use this as the lock object like this. lock(this) { } //Tony On 2010-06-20 17:09, Tony Johansson wrote: > According to the docs it says that lock (this) is a problem if the instance > can be accessed publicly. > Can somebody explain what can happen if I have a lock section and use this > as the lock object like this. > lock(this) > { > > } > http://haacked.com/ar...