how to launch a notepad with the supplied information

hi,
i was stuck up in the project where a string is to be supplied to the
notepad so that it can be saved anywhere else, ( the entire thing is in
MFC not in ATL or so)
can anyone who knows the answer help me,

appreciation in advance,
paul

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

paul wrote:
> i was stuck up in the project where a string is to be supplied to the
> notepad so that it can be saved anywhere else, ( the entire thing is in
> MFC not in ATL or so)
> can anyone who knows the answer help me,

One way is to save text in a file and then open the file in notepad.
Another way is to CreateProcess, WaitForInputIdle, and SetWindowText to
its edit box.
0
mac1 (347)
1/24/2006 1:27:43 PM
You should fine or launch Notepad and then use WM_SETTEXT to set its
text. This is how is done internally in this article:
http://www.ftponline.com/vsm/2002_03/online/online_print/esposito/
(requires registration(free)).

-----------
Ajay Kalra
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6840)

Re: how do I export "user-defined" fields and information into excel?
Export Contacts Items from Office Outlook - http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/EM102566171033.aspx Contacts Exporter for Microsoft Exchange Server is small utility specially designed for Microsoft Outlook users to export Contacts Items from any Microsoft Office Outlook and/or Microsoft Exchange Public Contacts Folder (or private Mailbox folder) to Microsoft Office Access table or Microsoft Office Excel file. http://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/imice.htm "IMI Contact Exporter" export contacts from ANY folder, including shared and public folders.. | "gayle&...

How to delegate "Write Personal Information" as per KB913807
Hi, According to KB913807 I need to give the "Write Personal Information" right to anyone I want to be able to use the Outlook delegation function. My requirement is to delegate this permission to a Helpdesk security group, as our Helpdesk sometimes perform this function on behalf of our users. However, I can't find this option when going through the Delegation wizard in AD. Could some tell me where to find it? Also, before I implement this, can someone tell me what else this permission actually gives? Thanks, Curtis. -- Please reply to news group only. Thank you. ...

slow launch
My work laptop is becoming almost unbearable lately. After logon the wallpaper appears immediately but the Taskbar and Desktop icons take fully three minutes before they even appear! Add another two or more minutes for the disk activity to slow down and it can take me at least five minutes after logon to be able to open any application. During this time the disk activity LED is essentially solid on, so something is happening in the background. After everything stops the laptop acts normally and is not slow during use. There is one application, FreeCommander, that once launched ta...

Redirect rule loses header information
Hi If I use the Rules Wizard in Outlook 2000 and set up a "redirect it to" rule to an SMTP address, various pieces of the header information such as the CC: are lost and the recipient only sees that the email has been sent directly to him. I have read elsewhere that this is a feature rather than a bug. Can anyone confirm this and possibility offer any suggestions. The obvious alternative of forwarding transfers the header information in the forward message block but is a bit messy to deal with when replying to it. We are currently running Exchange Server 5.5 SP3. If this is a feat...

Entering Paycheck information
Somehow when I installed Money 2004 I lost my financial information from 2003. I would like to re-enter some of the information ie. (Payroll Deductions) without this affecting my current balances. Can this be done and how. Thanks in advance Tom Whalen ...

MFC to launch MsDev
I am running MsDev 7.1 I would like to from a MFC project use automation to launch MsDev then load a text file etc... The problem is that when I use the 'Add Class' and select 'MFC Class from Typelib' and then choose 'Microsoft Development Environment 7.0' type library I cannot determine what interface to generate the class for. There is no _Application interface or similar like there is for each of the Office applications. MSDN documentation regarding MsDev automation has not been updated (shame!), and I am at a loss. Ideas? - Marty ...

No web content previews, just notepad icons.
When I try to insert clip art using clip art organiser, I can only preview clip art I have on my PC (after repairing it already!). When I try to access web clips I am told that temp internet files containing the relevant data can't be accessed. I use a lot of clip art in my job (education) so this is turning out to be a HUGE pain. Anyone know of a fix for this? And yes, I've tried reinstalling the whole Office suite! ...

double launch at IE launch from quick launch
When I launch Internet Explorer I sometimes get a double launch. Most of the time I launch from the quick start bar. It happens also from the standard desktop icon also. ??? If you're looking for help here, the first piece of information we need is what version of Internet Explorer you are using and what version of Windows you are using (including the service pack number.) Next, keeping in mind that we are totally relying on your description, you need to explain exactly what a "double launch" means and why it happens only sometimes, along with any other detai...

Editing information in a form and linking to a table
Hi everyone.Just started using Access to manage some data for a project. Here'sthe background:-I get leads everyday from a client in excel-I format and import that data from excel to access-In Access right now I have all that data in a table; I edit itthroughout the day (primarily dates, yes/no questions, etc.)There are some many things I'd like to do with Access (and excel, butthat's a different group), so, let me start basic.I'd love to view and edit all the information from the table in a form(it is a 'wide' bunch of data and it would be easier to view and edita lead...

Active Directory information for crm users
Why is a lot of user information duplicated for CRM users that is already available in the Active Directory user accounts? Examples include address information and phone numbers. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolution...

Launching report from Switchboard launches Fax Wizard?
Hello, I have a command button on the switchboard with the following code to launch a report: Private Sub CommandLastXGames_Click() DoCmd.OpenReport "rLastXGames", acViewNormal End Sub The report is based on a query that has the following code: SELECT t.gamenum, t.gamedate, O.teamname, t.atbats, t.hits, IIf(t.atbats<>0,t.hits/t.atbats,0) AS BA, t.runs, t.doubles, t.triples, t.homeruns, t.rbi, t.walks, t.strikeouts, t.LOB, t.sb, t.errors FROM tGameStats AS t LEFT JOIN tOpponentTeam AS O ON t.teamopponent = O.teamnumber WHERE (((t.gamenum)>=DMax("gamenum"...

How to pull every tenth row of information out of a 5,000-row spreadsheet?
At work, we're doing a poll of 500 people, and we've got a list of 5,000 = potential people to contact in a vast, 5,000-row Microsoft Excel=20 spreadsheet. =20 Is there a way to run a query or a macro or something that will=20 automatically go in and select every tenth row on this document and=20 either erase the intervening rows and move all the remaining to the=20 top, and/or copy the contents of every tenth row into a new document=20 (but without nine blank rows between each row?) =20 We're using Microsoft Excel v.X on Mac OS X Jaguar. =20 Most of what we do is graphic desig...

Launching IE from my application
I want to launch from ny win32 application Internet Explorer with a certain page in my website. Is it possible to that with a shell command (without using win32 api but a dos-like command)? Thanks in advance Victor I have no idea what a "dos-like command" is. What is wrong with ShellExecute? (Note: if you are trying to launch a command shell, ShellExecute is a good way to launch it, as well as CreateProcess, which is what ShellExecute uses, and is, oh dear, another Win32 API. Oh yes, ShellExecute always does the RIGHT thing, by launching the user's selected browser). Or you ...

Spreadsheets not calculating new information
At work, our company relies on excel spreadsheets to generate reports to track our daily progress. Under normal circumstances, they work well without incident. We currently use Microsoft Office 2000 in our office, which includes Excel 2000 and we are using Windows XP Professional as our operating systems, although I am not sure which version it is. Recently I experienced a period of about an entire week where the spreadsheets were not calculating any of the new information that was being manually entered. The previous calculations were in tact, but nothing would change with the ...

Information Pull [WILDPACKET]
I want to import information out of my AD into a CSV file. I cannot seem to do this successfully usign the CSVDE, been trying and every tiem comes up missing some info. Some body please provide me the exact command to pull out ... with the switces. Username, Firstname, Lastname, emailaddress. Thanks in advace. Hi WILDPACKET wrote: > I want to import information out of my AD into a CSV file. I cannot > seem to do this successfully usign the CSVDE, been trying and every > tiem comes up missing some info. > > Some body please provide me the exact command to pull out ... wi...

Procedure or Function 'taPAContracts' expects parameter '@I_vPAMCCURNCYID', which was not supplied.
I get the following error in the eConnect log in Event Viewer: Procedure or Function 'taPAContracts' expects parameter '@I_vPAMCCURNCYID', which was not supplied. when I try to do a simple modification to an existing Contract. I don't see PAMCCURNCYID as an element in the XML schema for any eConnect schema and can't find anything online about it. I have also already tried the following: update PA01201 set PAMCCURNCYID = 'Z-US$' update PA01301 set PAMCCURNCYID = 'Z-US$' update PA01101 set PAMCCURNCYID = 'Z-US$' to no avail... What am I not ...

Weblink launch from Ootlook 2003 hangs
WinXP SP3 Outlook 2003, popmail IE7 Whenever I click a weblink (launch) from within outlook mail message AND IE explorer is not already open, I get 2 windows. Window 1 is the home page -> OK. Windows 2 is the URL of the weblink. This window 2 stays blank and "in process". What can I do to fix this? If IE is already open, the windows 2 functions and opens the URL. Thx -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net Did you try resetting web settings in IE? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outloo...

Adding initial purchase information
I enterred the initial purchase info for my investments. I now have a problem when my current investment info is downloaded. The downloads add the total number of shares held to the initial purchase amount- rather than just the difference between them. I want to enter the initial purchase to track the cost basis. How do I enter it without causing Money to double count investment amounts? In microsoft.public.money, roberta wrote: >I enterred the initial purchase info for my investments. >I now have a problem when my current investment info is >downloaded. The downloads...

ZZ Reoprt has no information
I finally got a ZZ report to print but it does not have any information. All the rows are $0.00. Aren't they supposed to summarize the Z reorts? So at this time of the month it would be handy for the sales tax payment. I'm in the process of getting a custom ZZ written for manager that should do a much better job. I've already got a Z report written with a lot more detail that I find helpful for tax time. I can send a copy if you like. "Dianne" <Dianne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECDA6DF6-E0B6-47E4-927D-0F697D120C5C@microsoft.com... >...

Opinions, information ....
Hello, I would like to ask the following question. Now, we have several company's with there own e-mail suffix for example test@company1.be , test@company2.pl , test@company3.fr , and there own local provider and IT infrastruture. What we would like is that all these company's get an e-mail address like @company.com. What is the easiest way to do this ? Can we use a pop3 server ? The company with .pl use there own exchange now but aren't connected to the main facility. Thx for the info http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321721/EN-US/ "Sharing SMTP Address Spaces in Exchange...

Great Plains Information
Is there any websit that have information on Great Plains dedicated just to Great Plain, Is There any training facility to teach Great Plains in the DC, MD area or even good books Can anyone get Licence in Great Plains? Thanks To become a Microsoft partner to sell GP there are a number of things to do including paying the appropriate fees and taking certification exams. The website mbs.microsoft.com is your best site for information on Great Plains. I'm not aware of any third-party books on Great Plains functionality. If you go to the website above, you can search for a partne...

Launch
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Recently reinstalled Panther and then Tiger on my iBook. I reinstalled Office v X and now I cannot open WORD, Powerpoint or Excel from the icons in the Office folder or from the icons in the dock? Am I missing something? I believe you're going to need the Office X 10.1.9 updater: <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=FEA9FD8A-EA16-4B3C -9381-18A389D5599A&displaylang=en> Then Repair Disk Permissions & restart. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 3/16/08 4:00 PM, in artic...

Hyperlinks not showing up after mail merge launched from Word
I have a Word document with a URL in it. When I do a mail merge and send thru Outlook my URL is not coming up as a hyperlink to the recipient. It is showing in my document however. Any suggestions? Thanks much! ...

backing up the information store...
When you back up an Exchange 2000 information store does that automatically back up the associated transaction logs to, or do you have to specifically back up the logs as well? Thanks, Brad On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 14:53:09 -0500, "Brad Pears" <donotreply@notreal.com> wrote: >When you back up an Exchange 2000 information store does that automatically >back up the associated transaction logs to, or do you have to specifically >back up the logs as well? > >Thanks, > >Brad > Do a full, online backup and the committed logs will be purged when the ba...

How could I know when any program launchs?
Hi. In fact, I want to hook any program. The program's file is 'LOOK.EXE'. I want to know next: 1. that time when LOOK.EXE is loaded. 2. that time when LOOK.EXE is opened. (by WriteFile or OpenFile). (In fact, I need to hook LOOK.EXE) I have not to use Kernel-mode. How could I do it? You might want to take a look at this information: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms632589.aspx Tom "keandi" <keandi@lycos.co.kr> wrote in message news:1181017204.425144.139550@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi. > > In fact, I want to hook any program. &...