how to know the offset of title in text file

Dear All:

here ,I have a text file.  In my text file,have some paragraph and each
paragraph has a Title.

Question:
How Can I know what  each paragraph's offset and is in the text file and
length is .

It is appreciated for someone answer!

0
terrcy (22)
4/26/2004 8:59:45 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You have to know what defines a paragraph.  If it is a special character,
you can parse the file looking for said character.

"terrcy" <terrcy@cn-finet.com> wrote in message
> Dear All:
>
> here ,I have a text file.  In my text file,have some paragraph and each
> paragraph has a Title.
>
> Question:
> How Can I know what  each paragraph's offset and is in the text file and
> length is .
>
> It is appreciated for someone answer!

I want to enlarrge the text the emails in plain text
I want to be able to enlarrge the text the emails in plain text ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c27cc12c-3252-4a93-b19a-852d36493342&dg=microsoft.public.outlook Try changing the Plain...

how to change the title bar of outlook client
How can i add an image to the title bar if the outlook client and where do i change the addres shown there? Then is it possible to add a watermark page as the background of all pages of crm? ...

How to extract entire database to XML and from XML back to MDB file
Does anyone know of an automated way to extract the entirety of a MDB file to a XML flag file? I see there is a way to extract single tables from the menu, but I would like to store the entire MDB file in a flat file(s), store it in a versioning system (eg, CVS) that computes and stores deltas, retrieve it from the versioning system and rebuild the MDB file. Thanks, Siegfried To get the list of the tables, loop through the TableDefs. Alternative: OpenRecordset() on this query: SELECT MsysObjects.Name FROM MsysObjects WHERE (([Type] In (1,4,6)) AND ([Name] Not Like "~*") ...

delete info from source file w/out changing the destination file
Hello I have two work sheet linked together for patient tracking files. All the information from the open source file is automatically updated in the Closed file. I want to be able to constantly update the closed file with out keeping more then 30 rows in the open file. Therefore, Once the patient tracking is completed, I should be able to delete the information form the source file with out removing it from the destination file. I am also having difficulty in moving the data down once I want to add another patient into the open file. e.g. row one was Tricia - info completed - delete Tr...

Opening Publisher 2003 Files
For some unknown reason I can no longer open Publisher 2003 Files with Publisher. When the attempt is made to open a file Microsoft Word 2003 always tries to open and then I have all xxxxxxxxs for the text, etc. I need to open a number of the Publisher files but cannot due to this problem. I would appreciate any assistance. Have you attempted to correct the file association? Right-click any Publisher file, properties, Opens with...click change. Associate Publisher files with the Publisher application. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://m...

Combo Box to enter data to text box!
In my subForm I have a Combo box drop down list I want to have the data in my combo box entered into my Text Box [tbAdditionCharge] on AfterUpdate -- Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob MS Access 2007 accdb Windows XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3 On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 11:49:12 +1300, "Bob Vance" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote: >In my subForm I have a Combo box drop down list I want to have the data in >my combo box entered into my Text Box [tbAdditionCharge] on AfterUpdate Since data is not stored in combo boxes, textboxes, subforms or ...

HELP! I KNOW U KNOW HOW TO DO THIS....
i was told there is a way to make certain letters equal numbers. EX. BREADNMILK is 1234567890 / B=1 R=2 and so on. This is so each product has a digit code for the price. EX. EDB = $3.51. I don't know how to do that but my boss said it's possible....THANK-YOU! I have an idea, but I'm not sure I understand what you really want, so I hate to waste the time to produce it. Could you give a few more examples? What are you doing with the data once you figure out a way to make this work? Why BREADNMILK? Is that just an example? You'll use just one word? You're trying to obscu...

how to draw static text in a dialog
I creat a dilog and want to display some lines in the static text of the dialog . this is code: CWnd *pWnd = (CWnd*)GetDlgItem(IDC_mystatictext); CDC* pDC= CWnd::GetDC(); pDC->MoveTo(0, 0); pDC->LineTo(600, 400); but it just display in the dialog and cannot display in the static text! I just a newer one to study vc,thanks for yous help. You dont have to draw anything. Simply call SetWindowText on it: CWnd *pWnd = GetDlgItem(IDC_mystatictext); ASSERT_VALID(pWnd); pWnd->SetWindowText(_T("SomeText")); --- Ajay liuerbin2000@163.com wrote: > I creat a dilog and want t...

Cant save file to CD on personal PC, due to admin
Somehow I have gotten the admin controls activated on my PC. when I try to use a CD to save a word file, the computer tells me I do not have the admin authority to do that. this is my personal computer, not networked with any others, been using it for years. how do I get out of this? I am unable to back up my documents. thanks This is not an Office question. I would start with a newsgroup for your operating system. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "BAC" <BAC@discussions.microsoft....

Inserted images and pasted text is the wrong color in publisher.
When I insert a picture (jpg) from file or scan it in, it places it as a green picture even though I scanned as a full color. Also copied black text, when pasted into publisheris pasted in green? Am I missing a default setting. Everything I try to insert or past is green. Have you looked to see if there is an updated video driver lately? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "CaryK" <CaryK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DB4633E-93FF-44DF-B237-0B2E6DC9D4DD@microsoft.com... >...

It's Conditional Formatting, Jim, but not as we know it...
Hi, Is there any way of producing the same as a conditional format on a cell (ie. chenge fill and font colours according to a calculated value) but for more than three (four, if you count the default) values? TIA Dave An example '----------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) '----------------------------------------------------------------- Const WS_RANGE As String = "H1:H10" '<=== change to suit On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Targe...

OWA jumping mouse

Saving .pub file to pdf file?
I have 2002 MS Office XP Prof with Publisher. When I go through "save as.." pdf is not an option How about going to print and selecting Adobe PDF? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Tresa" <Tresa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5FFC532-BF61-4F14-84DF-755A0CA2B31E@microsoft.com... >I have 2002 MS Office XP Prof with Publisher. When I go through "save as.." > pdf is not an option Tresa <Tresa@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utte...

text wrap problem
Hi all I'm importing address info into Excel from our in-house database. Th addresses comes as a block with line breaks which show up as a squar in Excel (when text wrap is off). I need to change these marks int commas. Is there any way to do this automatically? I dont have VBA knowledge but suspect this is where the answer lies. Apologies if this is an innane question to some but Im stumped. Cheers Lo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com From a previous post: Chip Pearson has a very nice addin that can help identify those funny characters. http://www.cpearson.c...

Text is Truncated With String Variable
If I do this: Dim theTxt as String theTxt = Activesheet.Cells(1,1).Text for some reason the text (which is actually 1849 characters long) is truncated to 1024 characters. If I do this: Dim theTxt as Variant theTxt = Activesheet.Cells(1,1) I get the complete text string from the cell. Can someone tell me why these two approaches are giving me different results? Thanks, Eric One uses the .text property, the other uses the default property (.value). EricG wrote: > > If I do this: > > Dim theTxt as String > > theTxt = Activeshee...

No Text Shadow option
Using Excel 2002, Win XP. I have all the buttons on the Formatting toolbar showing, yet there is no Text Shadow option. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Stan Stan AFAIK there is not such feature for text only. You can use the Drawing Toolbar to place shadows behind Graphics, WordArt, Autoshapes and Text boxes. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 03:46:51 +0200, "Stan" <me@there> wrote: >Using Excel 2002, Win XP. >I have all the buttons on the Formatting toolbar showing, yet there is >no Text Shadow option. >Any suggestions will...

Outlook pst files missing after restore last good config.
We had someone that had to do a restore to last known good configuration on their Dell laptop windows XP. They lost all their PST's in outlook after the restore to last known good config (Not a full system restore). When I came into the picture we did a search for any PST's and the only one we could find was the archive.pst which was showing up in outlook with no problem. He is logged on with the same profile to the same domain he had prior to doing his restore to last know good configuration. Could these psts still be hiddin somewhere in the partition table or were these fil...

Text Missing From Ribbon Items
Four some reason today when I'm in a form's design view and multi-select items, the Position tab is missing the text that were associated with it's items. For instance the Equal Horizontal and Equal vertical, among other text is missing now, only the icons is present. The text was present this morning. Any ideas on this? James ...

Do You Know???
Hi... Where to get personal / business loan? How to settle your debt? Where to invest? Monthly Profit 20%? One time investment only? Setup your own business & growing income? The Beneficiary Bank is Barclays Bank? Just only need USD1070 for Financial Freedom? 300% Profit,10%Commission,5% Bonus,1% Revenue & 0.01% Daily Profit Payout!! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------= =AD=AD----- Get me online at : E-Mail /Yahoo Messenger,my ID : sallehes[at]yahoo.com Change [at] to @ If you never take the chance, you will never have the chances. >From O...

can one convert a .csv file to a .pst file in Outlook 7?
I exported all my old emails in my Personal folders to Office Live Workspace. They savced out in csv form, and show up in Office Live Workspace in a document format. But now when I save them back to the desktop, they save in csv form, and I can's seem to figure out how to get them back in my Outlook 7 in pst file form, so they look like email. I had three years worth of old email that I exported to Office Live Workspace thinking I could just import them back to my Outlook, after having my computer wiped. Now I can't seem to get them back. Did you try using the File, ...

Dynamic Titles in a Pivot Charts
Folks, Spent a bunch of time searching the site trying to find references on how to make a Chart Title in a PIVOT CHART dynamic. As it is now, "County" is a field value in my chart, which plots prehunt deer population estimates from 1981-present. When I change county (via the drop down list), I would like for the Chart Title to change, which reads "Adams County Prehunt Population Trends, 1981-present." I have found all manner of references on how to make a title dynamic (by pointing it to a cell that will contain the value you want to be in the title) but this is 1 step...

Re: Formating text of x-axix value
Sorry, I pasted the wrong link! http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ScientificNotation.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Jon Peltier" <jonxlmvpNO@SPAMpeltiertech.com> wrote in message news:... > Here is another option: > > http://www.statit.com/support/top_issues/microsoft/commands/gpaynter.htm > > - Jon > ------- > Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP > Peltier Technical Services > Tutorials and Custom Solutions > http://PeltierTech.com/ ...

IF statement & Text entry
I have a formula in a sheet =IF(OR(A36="",A36<=0),"",VLOOKUP(A36,'CoO table'!$B$6:$G$999,5,0)) this returns a blank if a 0 or blank is in the corresponding cell and does a VLOOKUP routine if other. I want to include returning a blank if a text entry is in A36 It is only numbers where I want to perform the VLOOKUP routine. Kind Regards Brian Hi Brian, =IF(OR(A36="",A36<=0,ISTEXT(A36)),"",VLOOKUP(A36,'CoO table'!$B$6:$G$999,5,0)) Be careful, text that looks like a number will cause "" -- Kind regards, Niek Otten M...

.pst file #8
I would like to put my .pst file on a home computer incase something happens to my lap top. i have tried to do this but when i try and import the pst to outlook it says that it is a read only file and will not let me import. is there a way to change the file from a read only so i can import?? thanks There are two things that come to mind when you mention read only. One is that you don't have write access to the location that the .pst is stored in. This most likely isn't the case. If you copied the file from a CD to your home computer, it is often made read only. You can ...

Writing XML file from dataset without DS name
I have an XML file from a client that I generated a schema from. I Open a DataSet and read the schema to get the tables and relationships. I write my tables and fields and assign parent rows etc. When I write the data, the output file has a new wrapper element with the name of dataset. Is there a way to write the XML from the dataset without this wrapper? I also need to provide the encoding attribute like the input file. Example input XML <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <Customer Name="XXX" Trigram="XXX"> <InputFil...