How to import resource from one project to an other?

Hello,
I need to import resource to a new project from an old project.
How can this be done ?

Many thanks in advance.

JB

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Simply open old resource file in the new project and drag/drop resources you
need into resource view of your new project.
Make sure after that resource IDs are not duplicated.

"Bredal Jensen" wrote:

> Hello,
> I need to import resource to a new project from an old project.
> How can this be done ?
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> JB

0
RainMan1 (36)
10/29/2004 8:56:03 AM
> > Many thanks in advance.
> >
> > JB

That sounds great. But i hope you can give more step by sted details as drag
and drop does not seems to apply for
these actions.
I'm using VC++.Net .

Many thanks for your help.

JB

"Bredal Jensen" <Bredal.Jensen@mimosa.com> wrote in message

> That sounds great. But i hope you can give more step by sted details as
drag
> and drop does not seems to apply for
> these actions.
> I'm using VC++.Net .

That's exactly how you do it in VC++.NET. Open your solution, then open *.rc
file of your interest (the one you want to import from) and voila -
resources are ready to drag&drop to your solution. Sometimes it is necessary
to put "Resource.h" to the same directory - you can do it, but first you
should rename it, both on disk and in *.rc file.

Regards!

0
gt2990 (27)
10/29/2004 10:00:55 AM
In this case open both .rc outside of your project. I have not slightest idea
why MS made it impossible to do easier way as VS 6.0.

"Bredal Jensen" wrote:

> > > Many thanks in advance.
> > >
> > > JB
> > >

> That sounds great. But i hope you can give more step by sted details as drag
> and drop does not seems to apply for
> these actions.
> I'm using VC++.Net .
>

> Many thanks for your help.
>

> JB

0
RainMan1 (36)
10/29/2004 10:06:02 AM
Does this suggest that at least one other critical feature of VS6 was dropped from the
"new, improved" VS7? What we need is a "classic VS" interface, designed by people with
taste and intelligence! Sort of like the people who designed the VS <=6 interfaces...
					joe

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 03:06:02 -0700, "RainMan" <RainMan@ProximaCentauri.com> wrote:

>In this case open both .rc outside of your project. I have not slightest idea
>why MS made it impossible to do easier way as VS 6.0.

>> That sounds great. But i hope you can give more step by sted details as drag
>> and drop does not seems to apply for
>> these actions.
>> I'm using VC++.Net .
>>

>> Many thanks for your help.
>>

>> JB

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)
10/31/2004 1:33:04 AM
I sincerely think so.

Some others that I really miss are:

1. Ability to delete function (declaration and definition including message
map macro).
2. Jumping directly to a resource editor (popup menu if right clicked on
dialog resource class).
4. Call graph
5. Callers graph

To name a few.

"Joseph M. Newcomer" wrote:

> Does this suggest that at least one other critical feature of VS6 was dropped from the
> "new, improved" VS7? What we need is a "classic VS" interface, designed by people with
> taste and intelligence! Sort of like the people who designed the VS <=6 interfaces...
> 					joe
>
> On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 03:06:02 -0700, "RainMan" <RainMan@ProximaCentauri.com> wrote:
>
> >In this case open both .rc outside of your project. I have not slightest idea
> >why MS made it impossible to do easier way as VS 6.0.

> >> That sounds great. But i hope you can give more step by sted details as drag
> >> and drop does not seems to apply for
> >> these actions.
> >> I'm using VC++.Net .
> >>

> >> Many thanks for your help.
> >>

> >> JB
> >>

> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
> email: newcomer@flounder.com
> Web: http://www.flounder.com

RainMan1 (36)

Import and export

Importing messages #6

professional tools library should allow more than one salesperson
Sales Modifier in Professional Services Tools Library currenly only allows you to change one starting salesperson id to one new salesperson id. Well, it is possible that one terminated salesperson may have multiple invoices in which they will be divided among other salespeople. it would be very beneficial if the Sales modifier tool allowed that to happen instead of the just one and one feature ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in th...

Importing data

excel 97 xml import

How do I get column headings printed on every page but one?
I am printing a report that has footnotes on it. I do want my column headings to appear on every page but not to appear on the last page with the footnotes because there really aren't any columns on hte last page that apply to the column headers hi, if you have header, they will appear on every sheet in your print area. i might suggest that you not include your footnotes in reports print area. move the footnotes to a different sheet and print seperately. >-----Original Message----- >I am printing a report that has footnotes on it. I do want my column >headings to appea...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

collating 3 columns into one without redundancy
Hi there. I've got 3 columns of names of domains, which are never the same, and want to create a list (or column) which takes these 3 columns and list the domains in order without redundancy (the same name could be up t 10 times, so that name should appear only once in the list) I've no idea how to do this, can anyone help? Regards, K -- Kashgarin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Kashgarinn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=795 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=511...

Importing Dynamic data

GP Report Writer Resources
Can anyone recommend any resources for getting up to speed with Report Writer and all the idiosyncrasies? The help documentation is quite vague on detail. Thanks, Colin ...

Importing a CSV file

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

About 6 messages stuck in one of our outgoing smtp queues
I hope you can help me. I'm troubleshooting an issue currently with only two users with emails that are stuck in one of our outbound smtp queues. They've been stuck in there all day and I've tried forcing the connection and also unfreezing the email to no avail. I've manually connected to the smtp connectors that we have defined and am able to send emails directly from the telnet session from the server. I've also sent one of the users an email from the destination and had her reply which she did and I received it. I have double checked the mx records...

importing email

import pdf table

Field missing upon XML import

Excel 2003

Import / date questions
Hi I have imported a lot of email (15,000) from Thunderbird > converted from mbox > .eml - dragged the email into Outlook express and then imported into Outlook2003. All has worked fine ish- but a lot of messages have the "received" field set as todays date / time. If I select the "sent" field that is correct. Is there anyway to reset the date on an email message in outlook (ideally on mass) - what is the difference between the Sent field and the received field ? Thanks Hi Just did a check, and the data in outlook express is correct. Its when I did the impor...

importing a cell value
I need to import a cell values from an un-opened .xls using a variable address ie cell A34 = the location of the .xls on our server (j:\121213\Drafting\Quants\) "105 White Ant" = the name of the .xls B3 = the cell I need to import C6 = value(A34+"105 White Ant"+B3) Any help or advice would be hugely appriciated Sorry I should also have specified that I want to avoid the use of macros. "Kristian G" wrote: > I need to import a cell values from an un-opened .xls using a variable address > ie > cell A34 = the location of the .xls on our ...

Can't get Pop email from one location!
I have a strange situation - One of our users has an intermittent problem. On occasion she can't get logged into her exchange POP account from home. I can create her account on my Outlook and can get her email at my home office. I put my account on her Outlook and I cannot get connected either. The error says the server was found BUT no response from the server! Any Ideas? Thanks ...

Need a utility to import mail to Outlook via print dialog... or some other way to import proprietary messages into Outlook.
Hello, We need to migrate 100s of proprietary PSTs from a little-known mail system to Outlook/Exchange but the file format of the PSTs is binary, proprietary and undocumented. One option is to leave the PSTs and let the users consult them in offline mode forever. The problem there is that they wouldn't be able to reply to or forward the messages, only read or print them. Not very user-friendly, they have GBs of mail in them. Has anyone seen an application which lets you print a message into an Outlook mail message, much like you print to a PDF file? Any other suggestions for workarounds...