How to impersonate to Local System Account (SYSTEM)

My service is configurated as the Administrators acount. I need to
impersonate the service to Local System Account (SYSTEM) in some
circumtances. How?

Thanks very very much indeed

lauch

0
lauch2 (1)
2/13/2006 10:37:25 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Change the order in which Internet email accounts are checked
Hi all, The closest thing I can find in the help file says: In the Address Book, click the Tools menu, and then click Accounts. Click the Directory Service tab. Click Set Order. Click a directory service, and then click Move Up or Move Down. Seems simple enough, except that I want to change the order in which MAIL accounts are checked (I don't even know what these "directory services" are) and the "Set Order" button always seems to be grayed out when I click the "Mail" tab. Any suggestions? Outlook 2000, on Win98. Thanks, John Nasta Responding to m...

Windows Service running as Local System account cannot access files?
I'm making a system utility of sorts that checks files that are installed on a users system. These files often include access control NTFS permissions with the Everyone, Deny permission. I tried making a standard Windows Forms program that ran with UAC as Administrator to access these files and it fails as well unless I add code to remove the deny permission before accessing the files, however.. there has got to be a way to do this and just access the file no matter what permission it has??? I really thought making my program into a windows service and running it as Lo...

Localization
I am looking for localization rules implemented by Great Plains. Basically documentation that details the rules for ISVs when they are having strings translated. We would like to follow the same rules in generating translated strings and would like assistance locating a set of these rules. Please let me know if and where these might be available. Thanks, Russ Roberts rroberts@feedsys.com ...

Joined first E2003 Server to E5.5 Org and E2003 System Attendant falls over....
Hi (Big long post, but I'd rather put too much info in that too little) We've just in the process of migrating a customers site from NT4/E55 to W2003/E2003. Here's what our customer had. NT4 PDC with E5.5 (Call it NT-MX) 4 x NT4 BDC's Here's what we've done: Installed a new NT4 server as a BDC and promoted to PDC. (Call it 2K3) Installed W2003 over the top and did all the dcpromo magic. So far, so good. Everyone could still log in and AD and the NT SAMs seemed to be synchronising between the 2003 DC and the NT BDC's. (Bear with me, upgrading NT domains to AD...

After upgade Loan account is now a credit card account
I have 4 accounts with our credit union most converted okay from Money 2006 to money plus 2 accounts 1-car loan 1- RV loan became credit accounts how do I change this back to a loan account? If I delete the account it wants to delete ALL my credit union accounts. thanks Jeff Found the problem....... "JG" <jlgs1947@fairpoint.net> wrote in message news:hMednYGRk7FKIpranZ2dnUVZ_sKqnZ2d@neonova.net... >I have 4 accounts with our credit union most converted okay from Money 2006 >to money plus > 2 accounts 1-car loan 1- RV loan became credit accounts how do I change...

Email & System Administrator
I am using XP Professional. I have Outlook 2003. When I try to click a link in an email I get the following message: "The operation has been canceled due to restrictions on this computer. Please contact the system administrator." I am the only one with an account on the computer. How do I fix this problem???? OL2002: Error Message: This Operation Has Been Cancelled Due to Restrictions in Effect on this Computer... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310049&Product=ol2002 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discu...

Problems with coordinate systems
Hello! I don't get this with mappings and coordinate system in MFC. I have a list of coordinates that are in a Cartesian Coordinate System. Where Origo (0,0) is in the center (+x is to the right, -y is down) and each unit are 1/40 of a millimeter or 1/1016 of an Inch. I.e. 40 units are 1 mm. I need to display this on the screen. I using pDC->MoveTo and pDC->LineTo in OnDraw but I can't get anything showing on the screen... I think I'm drawing outside of the screen... How can I get the coordinate systems to match?? // Anders -- English isn't my first, or second, lang...

Finalizing the concurrent processing of current accounts with new Windows Live accounts.
Running OL2007 under Vista Home Premium SP2. My current domain is ATT.net with four accounts, and I'm switching to Live.com with corresponding accounts. Once I get Live working, I intend to have an overlap period where both are active, and ATT mail will get forwarded to Live (rather than make send/receive handle eight accounts.) With ATT, I take advantage of the Outlook (OL) feature that moves individual account mail to specified inboxes. I'll do the same with Live going to the same inboxes. At the start of the overlap period, I'll send out the change of address...

A temporary TEMP account is produced on occassion
Using XP Home SP3, fully patched and clean system (virus and 5 malware scanners used regularly and nothing found). I have noticed this problem happen 3 times so far (approx 2 months between occurrences on average). The problem is: A user on our PC logs into his/her account and a temporary account is generated on that occasion. I know about this problem as I have had to deal with someone else's PC where I had to port across all the files from their old account to a newly created account as a temporary profile had been produced. When I look in Documents And Settings when...

reconciling checkbook balance to gl cash account
My adjusted bank balance does not tie to my gl cash account balance or check register. I only make entries to the the account through CRM and Sales. What would cause it to be off? -- Rick Have all bank rec adjustments been posted? Verify all entries to the gl are CRM and Sales - in the Inquiry > Financial > Detail. You can quickly search for a specific entry type by using the Source Document filter. When we are out of balance we can usually find a GL entry or two. If you have had any voids, trace them through the gl and checkbook and make sure they "hit" everywhere ...

System Jobs always stuck in "Waiting"
Does anybody know how to troubleshoot the condition of system jobs continue to get stuck in waiting mode? New jobs, such as Matchcode Update - Leads, Matchcode Update - Contacts, and Matchcode Update - Accounts keep being rescheduled when previous like system jobs never complete. Also data imports never complete as a background task - they're also stuck in the waiting mode. I've tried rebooting the server, and canceling all jobs in the queue, but that didn't solve the issue. Thanks in advance for reading this and giving me your tips and ideas. This Solution worked for me...

IMPERSONATION
WHOEVER IS POSTING HERE UNDER "STAN STARINSKI" NAME IS NOT ALWAYS, IN FACT MOST OF THE TIME, NOT REAL STAN STARINSKI. REAL STAN STARINSKI IS POSTING LITTLE & STRICTLY TECHNICAL, USEFUL STUFF. BUT THE FAKE ONE'S REAL NAME IS: B I L L Y A N A I R E OF CALIFORNIA (WILLIAM Y A N A I R E) WHO DRIVES A TOYOTA PICKUPTRUCK. MAKE SURE WHEN YOU RESPOND TO SOME GARBAGE POSTING, THE GARBAGE COMES FROM BILL YANAIRE POSTING UNDER OTHERS NAMES: HE IS MOST OFTEN USING K E V I N J O H N P A N Z K E (remove spaces, I inserted else it would NOT post due to filters Usenet ...

2005 upgrade and account merge issues
I guess I am just posting a "me too" post about how dissapointed I am with Money 2005. My problem is that using the new online account from yodlee and attempting to merge accounts is totally broken. It duplicates the past month of transactions again every time I try and there is no way to match transactions, I either delete the hand entered ones and throw off all my other accounts because of tranfers or I delete the automatically downloaded ones and they come back each time I open money. Has anyone sucessfully upgraded existing active accounts with transfers and started using yodle...

Outlook account settings
Hi, I'm looking for a way to access the account settings of an Outlook account programatically. More specifically, I need some way to update the settings for incoming / outgoing mail server. If I'm correct, no API related to Outlook supports this kind of action. Also MAPI doesn't seem to provide a means to do this. If somebody has some idea ... ...

Intelligent Massage filter and system monitor
Hi, I am evaluating Intelligent Mail Filter. I am trying to monitor it using System Monitor, but can't find MSExchange Intelligent Massage Filter Counter under Performance Object. What did I miss? Thank you in advance, Alex. The counters do not show up until it actually blocks an email. "Alex Bassin" <ABassin@unitymgmt.com> wrote in message news:OtIFhi$bEHA.2844@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, I am evaluating Intelligent Mail Filter. I am trying to monitor it > using System Monitor, but can't find MSExchange Intelligent Massage Filter > Counter under Perfor...

setting up email accounts in Live
When setting up an email account how do I know which option to use for Log on using: Clear text authentication, Authenticated POP (APOP), or Secure password authentication. Your email service provider should tell you what they use. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "Linda in Iowa" <LindainIowa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06862E3B-7D59-42AF-9EDC-58BAA48C0284@microsoft.com... > When setting up an email account how do I know which option to use for Log > on > using: > Clear text authentication, Authenticated POP (APOP), o...

adding gmail account in outlook on SBS 2003 R2
I'm running a SBS 2003 R2 and currently have each networked PC setup with an exchange email account. I have stopped using the exchange email accounts and would like to setup a (IMAP) Gmail account and I was able to setup the account through (outlook 2003) tools, account settings and adding a new account on a laptop that was not networked but when I try this on the networked PCs it does not work. I’m going to try to change some server settings but any help would be appreciated. -- TTK In article <F512405C-D5E6-4465-AFB0-1748EA5DC6C6@microsoft.com>,=20 TTK@discuss...

xsdobjgen and system.timespan
Hello everybody! I'm using xsdobjgen tool to generate c# classes. Everything is just fine, but I can't find a way to make a fileld in the generated class of type System.TimeSpan. In the framework deveopers guide I've found xsd:duration should map to System.TimeSpan, but xsdobjgen generates string type for duration. Does anyone have a sugestion? Thanks. Robert. ...

email accounts #5
I have more than one email id in Microsoft Outlook....how do I switch from one id to the next so that I can only send/receive from one at a time? BYW, I am using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. On outlook express, I could open one account/email or the other. It appears as though on Outlook 2003 I can receive or send from either account, not giving privacy to either user. You might want to give us a little more information on what you're trying to set up. It sounds like there are two users on your machine and they both use Outlook -- is that correct? Do they have separate Windows login...

Impersonation
Hi, I wrote an nt service that need to copy files from a directory in a remote computer, so i connect to the remote computer using the API command: WNetAddConnection2(&nr, sPassword.GetBuffer(0), sUserName.GetBuffer(0), 0); it all work fine in debug mode(or release) but when i run my application as service i get an error in the connection (the error number is:2250 it say "This network connection does not exist. ") Why??? I guess it because the service ran in system mode but anyway I use that API to log in to the remote computer so it should work... and when I ran the applic...

copy deleted emails to a local folder
On our exchange server the admin had put the setings so that all deleted messages will be deleted the day after. How can I copy all messages to another folder localy on my machine before they get deleted by the exchange rule? "Khers" <kherse_sefid@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:9ev0j35g2ui8tv5lrpom6l8mfc5duj1596@4ax.com... > On our exchange server the admin had put the setings so that all > deleted messages will be deleted the day after. How can I copy all > messages to another folder localy on my machine before they get > deleted by the exchange rule? Use...

DOWN WITH IMPERSONATORS. JUST FYl!
MESSAGE REPORTED. EXPECT TO SEE YOU IN COURT. JUST FYl! "Ibrahim Al-Qassam (Abdelaziz)" <IranWillRuleWorld@alibaba.ir> wrote in message news:i5en2b$l58$2@news.eternal-september.org... > MESSAGE REPORTED. > EXPECT TO SEE YOU IN COURT. > JUST FYl! So you were arrested also? Now you will be in court. What were you charged with? Fucking Sheep in public? If you want to see me in court, please let me know the jurisdiction, date, and time you will be on trial and I will see if I can make it. Nice going. Are you making fun of the retarded po...

how transfer assets and cost info from one investment account to a
I'm transfering all my cash and stock from TD Ameritrade accounts to Schwab accounts. There are three accounts being transferred: non-retirement or brokerage, IRA, and IRA rollover. It's easy enough to fill out the forms and have all the assets removed from TD Ameritrade and roll in to the Schwab accounts. But how do I get the cost info to go with them into Schwab? BTW, these are not new Schwab accounts. I am adding the TD Ameritrade assets to existing Schwab accounts. MS Money '07 Deluxe on Windows 64 Vista. TIA!!! In microsoft.public.money, angela g wrote: >I'm ...

Deploying Outlook 2003 seperate of the Office 2003 Systems suite
Our company is moving to Exchange 2003 and are going to implement Outlook 2003 in order to take advantage of the benefits of running them together. However, we are not ready to make the jump (we are currently on Office 2000) to Office 2003 because of the large number of custom VBA applications that are in our offices that have not been tested yet. Has anybody done this yet? If so, how did it go? Are there any known issues with doing it? What is the general opinion on doing this? Thanks in advance for any input you have on this subject. Chris You can pretty much kiss outlook int...

Local Admin on Domain Controller?
I've fighting a number of issues related to permissions which require the user to be a member of the local admin group on the exchange server, but in this case the exchange server is a domain controller. Any ideas on what to do here? Thanks! A domain controller doesn't have any local users. If you make your user a member of the domain admins group, then he should have all the necessary permissions... "you know who maybe" <nguser2u@spamnotAOL.com> wrote in message news:113uhpbtbs4hnb0@news.supernews.com... > I've fighting a number of issues related to pe...