How to get the default browser

Is the any way to get the default browser in a system? Is there any
registry value to know that? I want to check that through program....

Thanks,
Deep

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On 17 May 2007 06:12:22 -0700, deep <joydeep.ball@gmail.com> wrote:

>Is the any way to get the default browser in a system? Is there any
>registry value to know that? I want to check that through program....

Maybe it is:

 HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
   HTTP
     shell
       open
         ddeexec
           Application

 HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\HTTP\shell\open\ddeexec\Application

MrAsm
0
mrasm (715)
5/17/2007 2:18:55 PM
I think what Paul writes here still works... I am running Vista and it's
still in this location my system:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/01/c/

Tom

"deep" <joydeep.ball@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Is the any way to get the default browser in a system? Is there any
> registry value to know that? I want to check that through program....
>
> Thanks,
> Deep

0
tom.nospam (3240)