How to get the buttons appear 3d ( as in XP)?

Hi,
I'm trying to learn creating a dialog box and add button controls.
The buttons are shown in 2d as in Windows 2000 or Win 98. What should I
do to make the buttons of the MFC program look 3d as the normal buttons
in XP look like?

I tried all the properties in the properties window of the resource
view in Visual Studion, but nothing is working.

Also, I face a problem creating hotkeys for the buttons. Say, the
caption to a button "&Cancel" does not show me "C" underlined in the
run time.

Medicine please.

~Pradeep

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>I'm trying to learn creating a dialog box and add button controls.
>The buttons are shown in 2d as in Windows 2000 or Win 98. What should I
>do to make the buttons of the MFC program look 3d as the normal buttons
>in XP look like?

You need to add a common control manifest to your project. Have a look
at the "Using Windows XP Visual Styles" topic in MSDN.

>Also, I face a problem creating hotkeys for the buttons. Say, the
>caption to a button "&Cancel" does not show me "C" underlined in the
>run time.

Does it show if you press (and release) the Alt key?
If it does, that's normal operation based on the Display Properties,
Appearance, Effects -  "Hide underlined letters for keyboard
navigation until I press the Alt key" setting.

Dave
0
davidl7375 (2060)

Disable MS Office Button & Navigation Pane
Is it possible to remove the 'New', 'Open' and 'Save As','Close Database' and 'Access Options' options from the MS Office Button? I created a custom Ribbon that strips everything out, but would like to get these options out of the hands of the users. Also, is it possible to hide the Navigation Bar as well? My app very thoroughly handles user navigation, not to mention that I don't want the users to have access to any of these options at all. ...

A Crystal Beginner

A2007 Mix/Max buttons missing
When I try to design a new form in A2007 it is always maximized and the Min/Max buttons do not show despite the appropriate property settings. Furthermore I cannot change the value of the Moveable property, it is locked to No. However forms designed under A2003 and brought forward behave as expected. (The exception is that the Moveable property is set to Yes for Modal, Pop-up forms but the Min/Max buttons still do not show.) Another symptom is the the Windows category does not show on the Ribbon. I've searched the KB to no avail. Any thoughts? I run A2007 SP1 under Windows Vist...

file is locked does not appear in Excel if file already open by an
We have shared files on a network drive. When a file is open by one user, and a second user opens the file we want them to recieve <filename> is locked for editing message and open the file read only. This works great for some users, but we have several users that can open the file (even if someone is already in it) and they do not get the prompt and can edit the workbook. Is there a setting that would turn this off for some users and not others in excel? Hello Leslie, You could try sharing the workbook. With the Excel workbook open, choose Tools from the menu. Choose Share W...

Get paid while you get online!!

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

How do I get??

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Getting Control ID in Active X control

Get photos from a camera

XP version
Can someone please tell me if VISIO Standard addition is available for Windows XP? Thanks There is no XP specific version of Visio, the next version to be released will be Visio 2003. From various reports, Visio versions as old as Visio 3 have run under XP. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm "Anna" <anna.siatras@tradegate.org.au> wrote in message news:052401c34cdf$47cf6ce0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Ca...

Money 2000 compatible with XP Professional
Is Money 2000 Standard Ed. compatible with Windows XP professional? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, dwi-fi wrote: >Is Money 2000 Standard Ed. compatible with Windows XP professional? Yes, but it has to be an Administrator account. Does this mean I can move Money 2000 version 8.0 from my 98 based PC to my XP based PC and it will run ok? Thanks. "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: > In microsoft.public.money, dwi-fi wrote: > > >Is Money 2000 Standard Ed. compatible with Windows XP professional? > > Yes, but it has to be an Administrator account. > > &q...

How do I get my best friend back?
I NEED TO KNOW "monsterboy16" <monsterboy16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7918DF09-EB34-46E4-852E-8DAAC3FFF45F@microsoft.com... > I NEED TO KNOW Easy. Just lift the lid on your toilet seat and whistle. Dipshit! -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." Pretend that you're in a coma and unable to communicate in any way (such as posting messages in newsgroups). "monsterboy16" <monsterboy16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

how to get the pointer variable address from a dll
hi all, I have a DLL which has a output parameter LPVOID, A application calls this DLL function, the Dll responsibility is to assign a valid pointer to the lpBuffer, Till here it is OK, but once it returns to the Application this lpBuffer becomes NULL. Prototype, __declspec(dllexport) BOOL TRSTMonGetStatus(LPVOID lpBuffer) Please let me know what to do, I am stuck in this. try this __declspec(dllexport) BOOL TRSTMonGetStatus(LPVOID &lpBuffer) AliR. <karunyalakshmi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1182179607.989434.318540@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > > hi a...

Why do I get this?
IMCEAEX-_O=ABC_OU=CN121_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=USER1@companyABC.com <-- why am I getting this as the FROM field from a recently upgrade user to Exchange 2003? ...

Excel Data List Gets "Stuck" -- Help
This has now happened for the second time. I have a "data list" that is around 1800 rows in size. Somcetimes, after I've filtered the data to show just a small number of rows, it gets "stuck." I I am no longer able to expand the list to show all the rows. I've gone in to all the columns and chosen "All" for all the columns and it still does not work. I know I can highight the entire list and tell it to remove the list and recreate the list, but that's a pain, and I lose some formatting. Can anyone help me? -- slobizman -----------------------...