How to get the buttons appear 3d ( as in XP)?

Hi,
I'm trying to learn creating a dialog box and add button controls.
The buttons are shown in 2d as in Windows 2000 or Win 98. What should I
do to make the buttons of the MFC program look 3d as the normal buttons
in XP look like?

I tried all the properties in the properties window of the resource
view in Visual Studion, but nothing is working.

Also, I face a problem creating hotkeys for the buttons. Say, the
caption to a button "&Cancel" does not show me "C" underlined in the
run time.

Medicine please.

~Pradeep

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>I'm trying to learn creating a dialog box and add button controls.
>The buttons are shown in 2d as in Windows 2000 or Win 98. What should I
>do to make the buttons of the MFC program look 3d as the normal buttons
>in XP look like?

You need to add a common control manifest to your project. Have a look
at the "Using Windows XP Visual Styles" topic in MSDN.

>Also, I face a problem creating hotkeys for the buttons. Say, the
>caption to a button "&Cancel" does not show me "C" underlined in the
>run time.

Does it show if you press (and release) the Alt key?
If it does, that's normal operation based on the Display Properties,
Appearance, Effects -  "Hide underlined letters for keyboard
navigation until I press the Alt key" setting.

Dave
0
davidl7375 (2060)

Wrong contact appears in TO: field
When typing a few letters in the To: field using Outlook 2K3, the wrong contact appears. A BUSINESS FAX shows up for the contact name instead of an e-mail address. I remember there is a way to clear some quick list Outlook uses, but forgot how to get there. Any help is appreciated...Thanks. -Joe Hi Joe, please look here http://home.arcor.de/andreas.roeder-privat/OL_Prog.htm#1 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Joe (CJ)" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Owner Draw Button updating
I thought I had the solution for this with Win32, but it does not work for a new dialog box. So, I am trying it in MFC now. I have a box with 4 ownerdraw buttons. When one is clicked I set a global parameter to indicate the selection. I want to draw that button with a different background color and make sure any previously selected button is restored to the default color. The problem is that the buttons are not being updated by windows when I make the change. So, in my MFC OnDrawItem() function I do this: CBrush defBrush, selBrush; COLORREF Orange = RGB(175, 175, 0); ...

Modify Caption of button available in PropertySheet
Hi All I want to modify a caption of a button which is available in PropertySheet (MFC) If anyone can shine a light on this it will be greatful Ravi U�ytkownik "G.Ravindran" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:B8EE2053-237C-461E-98C1-8CC53011A69E@microsoft.com... > I want to modify a caption of a button which is available in PropertySheet (MFC). GetDlgItem(IDOK)->SetWindowText(""); GetDlgItem(IDCANCEL)->SetWindowText(""); Marian Hello, If you want change the caption in the CPropertyPage, CSheet my(" PropS...

Button to duplicate the column
I can't get the VBA syntax correct with this. I'm trying to have a button in the first cell of a column with a macro attached that selects the column and then inserts the column just before the column with the button. (the cell in row one should be blank, instead of copying the button.) In other words: [Button] formula1 formula2 value1 value2 .... Pushing the button would shift the column right and insert column: [Blank] formula1 formula1 value1 value2 .... Thanks for any help. Joe ...

How do I get actions to only run one at a time?
I'm trying to do the followingOpen a query that prompts the user for a date range.Open a form to input a date range.Export the query results to an Excel spreadsheet....I can get all these to work, but need them to complete before the next setup runs.++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_ReportDateRange", acNormal, "", "", acEdit, acNormal DoCmd.OpenQuery "qry_ExportReportDate-ExportToExcel", acViewNormal, acEdit DoCmd.OutputTo acQuery, "qry_ExportReportDate-ExportToExcel", "Micros...

XP Pro fails to complete Install
OS and SBM acciunting became unuasable due to be very slow. Attempter to repair OS by reloading XP. dne200sys and dneinobj.dll was pulled from another machine, however UNREGMR.exe couldn't find Getlums from MSSART.dll and then froze panel. Forced to reboot and attemt reinstall. Loop continued three times. Any suggestions? Would realy like to restore to a simblance of operation to capture data. -- Bud Otis ...

How to get rid of the gridline?
How to get rid of the gridline in the worksheet? I once filled all the sheet with white color but it seems not th proper way to do it. Thanks -- slam ----------------------------------------------------------------------- slamm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1501 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26636 go to View - Toolbars. activate Forms toolbar. there is an icon for Toggle Grid. that should do it -- icestationzbr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- icestationzbra'...

XP users cannot logon using their Domain catched account
Hi All, Workstations (mostly laptops) in my organization have been having problems logging on to the domain when the network is unplugged.Previously they have been logging on without any issues. This started recently. I have checked the interactive Logon Policy for caching for the domain and its set to 1. Mojority of the users are used to working offline while logged on to the domain. Can anyone put me through on how to resolve this ASAP.Thanks. We run a Windows Server 2003 SP1 based network. -- Buchi This is the wrong Newsgroup try Windows Admin. But there is a limit to the number ...

Prefill Multiple Macro Buttons
I created a template and created multiple macro buttons where the user can click and type the appropriate information. There are several macro buttons that are the same and the user would have to key the information in several times. For example: [Click and type company name]. Is there a way to have the user type the company name once in that macro buttun and it prefills all the macro buttons that have [Click and type company name]? Thanks! Jlo See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><...

In Publisher XP calendar page navigation bar is not visible, any f
View, status bar? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mariusz" <Mariusz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:147991AC-0043-4936-B828-F3E95C006A3D@microsoft.com... > ...

cell +1 with one button?
HI! I need to know how to add '1' to a cell using only one button. Meaning value WAS 3 and becomes 4. Is there a way to do this? It is for live stats in a sports game, s� speed is of the essense. That is why it has to be a "1-button operation." Thanks in advance! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Attach this macro to the button: Public Sub Add1() With ActiveCell If IsEmpty(.Value) Or IsNumeric(.Value) Then _...

Files created from previous versions appear blank
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have just installed Excel 2008 on my Mac (running OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard) and when I load worksheets created in Excel 2001 or open excel attachments from mail, the worksheets appear blank. The underlying cell contents are there but do not display although some of the formatting can be seen. If I format cells and use another font I can see the contents (although this sometimes requires two or three attempts) <br><br>Any Ideas? ...

Cover page does not appear in print preview or when printed
Lately I have tried to print documents that used to print perfectly fine in their entirety but now are not printing the cover page. When I look at the document in print preview I see a blank page. When I close print preview I see the cover page in the document. This is happening for all kinds of documents including one I just created and inserted a cover page in to test it. Ideas? Ginna Moore wrote: > Lately I have tried to print documents that used to print perfectly > fine in their entirety but now are not printing the cover page. When > I look at the document in p...

XP Hard Driver will not boot
Hi, Everything was fine until yesterday the XP Pro box rebooted by itself and then after the Bios setting and then the correct lists on the black screen, it just hangs with the cursor blinking. It does not get to Dos or windows. What is the best way for me to check what the problem may be? Thanks rock On Jan 9, 2:14=A0am, rock <1...@pobox.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Everything was fine until yesterday the XP Pro box rebooted by itself > and then after the Bios setting and then the correct lists on the black > screen, it just hangs with the cursor blin...

CPropertySheet not getting ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI
Hi, I have a CPropertySheet created in a view, (it is not a Wizard but rather a modless CPropertySheet). None of the pages are getting the toolbar or menu messages, (ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI( ... ) and ON_COMMAND(...)) How can I get my sheet and pages to handle those messages? Many thanks in advace FFMG >I have a CPropertySheet created in a view, (it is not a Wizard but >rather a modless CPropertySheet). > >None of the pages are getting the toolbar or menu messages, >(ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI( ... ) and ON_COMMAND(...)) > >How can I get my sheet and pages to handle those me...

OL 2003 button: schedule automatic send/receive
Would like to add a macro to toggle automatic send/receive in the current profile. Action would be equivalent to checking/unchecking Setting for groups "All Accounts" - Schedule automatic send/receive (or perhaps toggle interval between zero, non-zero?). Thanks for any ideas. George ...

Toolbar button error?
In Excel 2003 I put a button on a custom toolbar - the button is the 'double bottom border' and is from the Customise-Format selection of buttons. However this button just gives me a single bottom border. I can get double borders in other ways, e.g. from the drop-down borders box, where the identical-looking button does give me a double bottom border. Is this an error, or am I missing something? Thanks, David Wheeler d.r.wheeler@btinternet.com Hi David does the same for me too ... so i think it's broken :( and while this is no help at all to you i'll say it anyway ...

If a user delete a mail....how do i get it back?
Hi all I have a exch2003 + outlook2003 setup. i have a issue where a user deleted a mail and from Deleted items also. I tried to lg onto OWA and recover it from there but was unable to do so because it was 7-10 days back. is there anything i can do in exchange to keep message e.g 30 days after it has been deleted. Thank you for your ideas. Search for "deleted item retention" in Exchange Help. - Jason "MSExchange2003Student" <exchangestudent@newsgroups.com> wrote in message news:%23jXF4C5bHHA.4632@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi all > > I have a exch...

How do I make my buttons larger on the ribbon?
I am using Office Professional 2007 All of the buttons on my ribbon are tiny. They are about the size of a pencil eraser how do I enlarge them? left,right, center, linespace etc. Thanks The ribbon buttons are fixed size. No way to change them unless you want to rewrite the ribbon with your own buttons. For more info on that, see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Ribbon.htm Yves "sunflower" <sunflower@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C703B7F-77C4-43B3-B905-743E5407B8F8@microsoft.com... >I am using Office Professional 2007 > All of th...

Junk-Outlook 2003/XP
My Junk filter stopped working...all the messages are going to the Inbox. I disabled addins, repaired and updatebut no change. Any clues? Thanks. ...

options/ Voting / Radio buttons counting
How do I count voting buttons ? Im sending an questionaire via email and have the need for rapidly counting the responses. Thanks in advance. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements You could make sure each checkbox has an associated linked cell. Say your linked cells were in A1:A10, you could use: =countif(a1:a10,true) to find the number of checked checkboxes. ...

Money 2005
I need to know the proceedure for getting my money back for Money 2005 Premium. Also, will MS delete ALL of my financial information from its servers? Thanks. MS will do nothing to delete your data. It'll probably be there 100 years from now unless you tell Money to delete it. Do this by going into the settings and clearing the setting for Sync with the web--or whatever they call it. I'd look, but I Just Said No to M05 already. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=49 for the 30DMBG question. BTW, the Money development team swears Most Users Prefer all of this stuff. You must ...

Table fields not appearing in report writer
I have created an add-in app for GP. With the app are reports. When I go into Great Plains in the Report Writer and modify the report I need to create a relationship with existing GP tables. When I am in the Report Writer and I choose the MY table and look at the table, I can see all the fields. When I go to create a relationship, I click the Relationship button, select Great Plains for the product, select the table I want and choose the index. In the portion of the form where you associate one field with another, the secondard table (GP) shows the fields that are in the index. H...

Outlook XP to Outlook Vista Home Premium
I have my old outlook stored on an external HDD as my old computer died. The new computer has Vista, but when I try to retrieve the old email from the E drive, I get stuck. Can someone help me with the steps to retrieve the old emails? Thank you very much! ...

Cell =Now() << Can I get this to auto-update?
Hi, I am using Excel 2007. In one cell, I entered the following formula: =Now() After I typed in the formula and hit <Enter>, my cell displayed the current time when I hit <Enter>. I was hoping that as time went by, the value in my cell would be constantly updated so as to reflect the current time. Currently, the only way I can get the value in my cell to update is to go to Formulas | Calculation Group and select "Calculate Now". Is there anyway I can make my cell update automatically without having to do this? Thanks in advance, Paul -- Pau...