How to find project type from source code

I am learning VC++. If I open a sample code downloaded from net, I am
not able to find is it Win32 application or ActiveX control or a DLL.
Can any one help me to find the application type from code.

Thanks in Advance
0
netsaver (2)
10/31/2003 6:25:18 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

What do you mean by downloaded from net? It could be any of these. In what context is it
important to know this?

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"netsaver" <netsaver@indiatimes.com> wrote in message
| I am learning VC++. If I open a sample code downloaded from net, I am
| not able to find is it Win32 application or ActiveX control or a DLL.
| Can any one help me to find the application type from code.
|
| Thanks in Advance

0
ajaykalra (6842)
10/31/2003 7:25:29 AM
hi,
   Look for .odl files. If there is an odl file, then it *could* be an
activex. I say could, coz it can also be a simple COM component.
If you have a DllMain then it can be a DLL. If you see CMainFrm,
CSingleDocTemplate etc, it could be a SDI app. If you see
CMultiDocTemplate MDI app.
If you see a WinMain(), its a win32 executable.
hth
gangadhar npk
netsaver wrote:
> I am learning VC++. If I open a sample code downloaded from net, I am
> not able to find is it Win32 application or ActiveX control or a DLL.
> Can any one help me to find the application type from code.
>
> Thanks in Advance

Hi Gangadhar,
   You gave me nice information. Thank you.
-Chandra

gangadhar npk <npkatgoogle@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:<3FA21BF5.4030804@rediffmail.com>...
> hi,
>    Look for .odl files. If there is an odl file, then it *could* be an
> activex. I say could, coz it can also be a simple COM component.
> If you have a DllMain then it can be a DLL. If you see CMainFrm,
> CSingleDocTemplate etc, it could be a SDI app. If you see
> CMultiDocTemplate MDI app.
> If you see a WinMain(), its a win32 executable.
> hth
> gangadhar npk
0
netsaver (2)

Find Duplicate names and delate

A code to import other xls data into one xls file
Hi there. Can anyone help me in creating a VB code in excel Module that imports data like file name;direct cost; and year from several xls spreadsheets [reports_1, reports_2, ...] (from different sheets and cells) into one spreadsheet [summary] into the following columns accordingly: (column 1 [file name]: file name; column 2 [direct cost]: dollar amounts, column 3 [year]: year)? i already have the code that pulls file names from the folder directory and pastes the data into column 1 [file name]. may be it will be easier to have the code refer to that column 1. Please note that t...

Windows Vista (KB972145) Fail Installation Error Code 80070020
When attempting to instal the Windows Vista (KB972145) I get an installation Failure Status with an error code 80070020. Any suggestions? Miss Mollie wrote: :: When attempting to instal the Windows Vista (KB972145) I get an :: installation Failure Status with an error code 80070020. Any :: suggestions? Some suggestions here: You receive error 0x80070020 when you use the Windows Update Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site to install updates http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883825 -- TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2010 - Update Services http://taurarian.mvps.org ==============...

Finding a Median

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

BUDGET Book Codes?
I am unable to pull Budget information into FRX for a Budget that has been loaded and is resident in GP 9.0. In FRX when I use the Drop Down Menu for Book Code . Attribute Catagory (ACTUAL, BUDGET etc.), the only selection available is ACTUAL? Consequently, when I attempt to populate a column with Budget (even typing in the name of the BUDGET, I get NO RESULTS -either the column is blank, or ommitted altogether (depending upon the formatting I chose. Appreciate any help on how to add the loaded Budget in GP 9.0 (Book Code) so I can utilize it in FRX. -- AR HARNACK Financial Process ...

Code Line to Empty Clipboard
Temporary memory loss: There is a single line of code that will empty/clear the content of the Clipboard. Entering the statement = False performs. what is it? ???????? = FALSE Tks in advance,, Application.CutCopyMode = False -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "JMay" <jmay@cox.net> wrote in message news:tXwLb.70607$hf1.60972@lakeread06... > Temporary memory loss: > There is a single line of code that will empty/clear the content of the > Clipboard. > Entering the stateme...

Source Browser (Derived/Base Classes and Members) in VC++.Net
This is related to Jason's question I could not find the Source Browser (Derived/Base Classes and Members) in VC++.Net VC++.6.0 has a menu for this under menu tools Anybody knows where to/how to bring this up in VC++.Net It will be disappointing if there is none no Thanks a lo Akas >It will be disappointing if there is none now Sorry - you have to be disappointed :( I believe it should be back with the Whidbey (VS2005) release. Dave Is the Source Brower (call graph) not available in VC++.Net as well -Akash ----- David Lowndes wrote: ---- >It will be disap...

Try Free Project Management Software
Try Free Project Management Software From http://www.project-drive.net Get it now!!!! For free account go to http://freetrial.project-drive.net/account_pd.jsp ...

Find (but not find)

remove previous vb6 project versions from Control Panel
Hello I use the package and deployment tool in vb6 to setup and install my vb6 projects on computers. After installing the project a few times on the same computer, I noticed different versions in the Software-screen in control panel. And I also noticed that pdw doesn't overwrite the program I wanted to install with pdw on that computer. Do you have a solution? Thanks Catharinus van der Werf csvanderwerf@planet.nl catharinus wrote: > Hello > > I use the package and deployment tool in vb6 to setup and install my > vb6 projects on computers. After installing ...

Finding an event

How to make "This workbook contains links to other data sources" appear?
Hello How to make "Microsoft Excel This workbook contains links to other data sources To update all linked information, click Yes. To keep the existing information, click No." pop up or appear on the Task bar after clicking "Open Link" in "Linked Worksheet Object" in a context menu of a linked object in Word 2003 sp2? The window appear only after clicking an Excel button in the Task bar. ...

VB Code Or Macros
from where i can learn to write macros, is there any courses in india? Hi, there are some interesting pages like http://www.angelfire.com/biz7/julian_s/julian/julians_macros.htm http://www.appspro.com/Tips/Tips_And_Tricks.htm "hitesh" wrote: > from where i can learn to write macros, is there any courses in india? > > Here are some other sites that can be helpful in learning VBA for Excel http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm http://www.the-excel-advisor.com/excel-macros-vba-tutorial.html http://class.et.byu.edu/ce270/vbaexcel_primer/int...

cannot find database

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

Email address type
Hi All I'm not sure if this is an Exchange or Outlook problem so I submit it here as well. I am trying to send a fax from Word using the shared fax service, the server is a Small Business Server 2003 running Exchange. The Fax Wizard ask for recipient info, I open the address book and I see only a small subset of the recipients who have a FAX number. There is a field called "Email Address Type" which says FAX, and I suspect that those recipients have the email type set to SMTP and that it is the reason why they don't show up, but I'm not sure... Can anyone help please....

How do I find the out of office reply?

Updating the row source of a combo
Hello, I have a form which contains a comboBox representative of one of my fields. The options available in this comboBox are dependant on the other feilds for the current row. Therefore I use Form_Current to update the row source for the combo. The problem is that this update seems to happen too late. As a result, I sometimes have nothing in my comboBox's text box, even when I know a value should exist there. If I click in the combo's text box the correct value will then appear. How might I solve this problem. Thanks, Aine. On 28 May 2007 07:00:45 -0700, aine_canby@yahoo.com wrote...

Referencing the Seconday Y axis scale values in code
Does anyone know how to Reference the Seconday Y axis scale values in code? I am automating a spreadsheet that uses a chart and i need to adjust these values at run time. I'm using Visual Basic. Thanks! Hi Ken, I have absolutely no idea when it comes to coding but the following KB article may point you in the right direction? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213695 Cheers, Katherine "Ken Ramirez" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:093901c398be$4b49ecd0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to Reference the S...