How to find out if a user has logged on ?

Hi:

Within a Windows Service, is there a way to find out if a user (any user)
has already logged on to the machine ?

Thanks In Advance !
Polaris

0
etpolaris (100)
5/25/2005 7:32:13 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You can use NetWkstaGetInfo with a level of 102 to get the number of logged
on users.
And NetWkstaUserGetInfo will give you information about the logged in user.

AliR.

"Polaris" <etpolaris@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> Within a Windows Service, is there a way to find out if a user (any user)
> has already logged on to the machine ?
>
> Thanks In Advance !
> Polaris

0
AliR1 (391)
5/25/2005 7:43:19 PM
Hi:

I have an executable which is signed by Veri-Signe Authenti code. I'd like
to know, within another program, how to check/verify the signed executable?
Is there API for this or any link to articles ?

Thanks In Advance !
Polaris

0
etpolaris (100)
5/26/2005 1:04:37 AM
Thanks!

"AliR" <AliR@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
> You can use NetWkstaGetInfo with a level of 102 to get the number of
> logged
> on users.
> And NetWkstaUserGetInfo will give you information about the logged in
> user.
>
> AliR.
>
> "Polaris" <etpolaris@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi:
>>
>> Within a Windows Service, is there a way to find out if a user (any user)
>> has already logged on to the machine ?
>>
>> Thanks In Advance !
>> Polaris

0
etpolaris (100)
5/26/2005 1:05:11 AM
> I have an executable which is signed by Veri-Signe Authenti code. I'd
> like to know, within another program, how to check/verify the signed
> executable? Is there API for this or any link to articles ?

WinVerifyTrust
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to
land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly
overhead. -- RFC 1925

0
itandetnik (127)

Find Duplicate names and delate

SQL relationship between Role and User?
I'm having trouble finding the connecting point between Role and User in the db. I'll offer up the starter I've got so far, which may help others: On the Role table: Select <...>.dbo.Role.Name As Role, <...>.dbo.Role.BusinessUnitIdName AS BU from <...>.dbo.Role Order By BU, Role On the User table: Select SystemUserId, FullName from <...>.dbo.SystemUser I didn't see a field in either table that would join the two, so that I could have a quick pull of which users have which roles (a view the MS CRM app doesn't seem to have). A little help? ...

Finding a Median

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Find (but not find)

Finding an event

cannot find database

Unable to log into file
I read that I could not sign up for Experian if I updated a 2004 file. So I created a new 2005 with my current passport login/password. After I created my Experian account, I then went and removed online access to that file (2005). However when I try to log back into my original file, I enter the password and it begins to log in and then the password just goes blank with no error message. I have verified that no accounts are online, I have removed the passport login using Password Manager from my new 2005 account, but I still can not log back into my updated 2004 original money f...

Setup user permissions
Please can someone help us to understand how we can structure the user permission in the scernario below. We have offices in various countries. The teams are divided into Sales and Marketing at every location. Each location sales and marketing teams exist in the same business unit so can view the data of each other but we now have lets say a Marketing Director who wants to be able to see the data of all marketing teams but the sales director should be able to see the data of all sales team. Sales and marketing do not want to share the data above the business unit they are in. MY Org ...

read/write for some users, read only form others
I have a database at work which I built in Access 2007, but then had to save it as a Access 2003 mdb format. The database was then placed on a NAS server and split. The front end was then placed on local users PC's, some of which have Access 2003. I now want to restrict write access to some users and only allow 2 users to do that, while all can have read access. How can I achieve this situation and what is the best or easiest way of doing so. Thanks hi Bob, On 31.05.2010 17:26, Bob H wrote: > I now want to restrict write access to some users and only allow 2 user...

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

How do I find the out of office reply?

RE: Marked for posting by another user problem
When I try to open a batch in Sales Batch Entry window, it says this batch has been marked for posting by another user. I noticed that ther status for this batch is Marked. But I am the only user in the system at that time. How can I access this batch. Thanks. Bing Bing, Go to Customer Source>Support>Automated Fixes> The automated fix you need is "Batch Stuck In Posting." Mike "Bing" wrote: > When I try to open a batch in Sales Batch Entry window, it says this batch > has been marked for posting by another user. I noticed that ther status for &...

Advanced Find not finding all
"Advanced Find" in Outlook 2007 is not finding all email messages which match the criteria. It finds between 30 and 200 and then stops. I then have to work with those (e.g., delete them) and then click "Find Now" again to find another batch, dozens of times! What is wrong? How do I fix this and find all messages that match the criteria? My typical application is to split the entire contents of my .pst files by date. Do do this I make a copy of the file. In one I delete all messages older than the cutoff date (e.g., 1/1/2007), and in the other I delete all messages yo...

One message to many user
Hello, I am new user for Outlook 2003. I have one question that how can i send one email message to many user but every user recieve message personally and do know others recieve or not. For example: I have 50 email address in on Group of my Adress book and i want to send one message to all if i add that group in TO field then every perosn can see all email address and message will not be personally he or she think it is for all not only for me. If i add group into BCC then when he will recieve then knows that his or her name in BCC and it is not only for him. I want to send one messag...

How to: find reason for rejected messages?
I'm trying to find the reason, why certain messages get rejected by our exchange 2000 server. Is there a way to find out? Scenario: pullmail gets mails from pop3 mailboxes from, let's say "internetmailserver.com" and puts it in our exchange server "intranet.com". For most mails it works marvellous but for some mails it just fails and I can only see (output of pullmail command): .... 1 messages waiting << +OK 8488322 octets Message from: some.user@validdomain.com to: user@intranet.com SMTP message rejected, reply OK Unexpected response rsion:...

Outlook
I have set up a second USER account in windows and I need to know is there anyway that I can import selected data from my 1st User account of Outlook 2003 into the 2nd User account? Thanks for any help and advice. Cheers Probably...what "selected data" are you asking about specifically? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "David" wrote: > I have set up a second USER account in windows and I need to know is there > anyway t...

New Sharepoint User
I'm an Access developer. My client uses MSOffice2007 and MOSS. I have two projects I want to accomplish. I have never used MOSS before, neither have I used Infopath (2007) before. I'm reading a book on Infopath, and it seems straightforward to develop forms, but I need some guidance on how to proceed. Here's my issues: .. I don't want to migrate my backend data to MOSS. My client doesn't trust his IT group, and the app is mission-critical for their department. .. I want to develop a timesheet form (probably using Infopath...) that runs in a MOSS workflow ...

turn rules on automatically when logging off?
I only want messages redirected when not logged on. This can be done manually by turning rules on and off, but is there a way/script in the rules to cause a rule to be turned on/off when logging on/off? Thanks. You can set this rule via your Out of Office Assistant instead. When the OOF is turned off, the rules won't run, when the OOF is turned on, the rules will do the magic that you told them to do. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://ww...