How to Enable Close(cross) button of MB_YESNO messagebox

Hi,

I want to enable the close(cross) button in the right corner of YESNO
message box.
Can anybody tell me how to do this.

Klic.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Klic" <rohit.turambekar@gmail.com> wrote in message

> I want to enable the close(cross) button in the right corner of YESNO
> message box.
> Can anybody tell me how to do this.

Why?    If there is a valid answer other than yes or no, then how about a
yes/no/cancel message box in which (I would guess) the x button is
equivalent to cancel.  That would be more standard.

Dave
--
David Webber
Author of 'Mozart the Music Processor'

dave9996 (486)

SMTP connector with outbound security enabled, enables authentication for all other connectors!!?!
Hi, *I have so far tested this on two Exchange Orgs. One being our live platform and the other our test enviroment. Both are running Active Directory native mode for 2003, with Exchange 2003 and Exchange SP1*. Right this is my scenario: I have two SMTP connectors, one is the default 'Internet' with a cost of 1 and address space of *. The other is called 'Admin users' has the a cost of 20 with the address space of * also. Our Front end exchange servers; let's call them: 'EXFE1 and EXFE2' are the local bridgeheads for both connectors. The Internet connector by de...

Access 2007 Close button disappears..
When opening some reports from within an adp the close, restore, and minimize buttons all disappear, while the help button remains. This seems to happen when the form in which the report was called from is also maximized. When this happens my users click on the first close button and it closes both the form and the report, or sometimes the database and the report. All the buttons are enabled in the properties. One hack (and it is a very poor hack) is to issue the docmd.restore command right before the report is opened, this causes the report to open in the non-maximized vi...

Enable automatic query refresh for all workbooks?
I know there's a way (according to a KB article on Office 2000 SR1), and in Office XP I must have turned this off somehow, since my workbook didn't ask me everytime if it should refresh or not, but I can't seem to find where this checkbox is in Office 2003! This checkbox has been removed in XL2003 for security reasons. You cannot off the prompt using the XL interface. Modifying the following registry key will give you the same effect: Path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Options Key: QuerySecurity Values: 0 = Prompt on all workbooks 1 = Do Not Prom...

XL2000 and Radio Buttons
I created a form for my sales staff in Excell 2000. I included some questions on the form that may be answered by clicking on radio buttons to make a choice. This works GREAT in regular .xls format. The problem occurrs when I save the file as a template (.xlt format). When saved as a template, a user can click on a radio button for one question, and as soon as another radio button for a different question, in a different cell is clicked, all other radio buttons get un-checked. I've checked everything, and the objects aren't linked, there is no vb code indicating a link, an...

Enable macros
I've got a fairly compex workbook with lots of named ranges. I've been using and updating this WB for over a year. All of a sudden, I now get the following message every time I enter something in any field: "The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros." I don't have any macros in this workbook. Les ...

IE6
I inadvertently checked the "Do not show me this message again" box, but, as I like to know when I am being re-directed to or from a secure site, I would like to re-enable it. Is is possible, please? Kate Kate wrote: > I inadvertently checked the "Do not show me this message again" box, > but, as I like to know when I am being re-directed to or from a secure > site, I would like to re-enable it. Is is possible, please? Have you looked at the settings for the security zone (probably the Internet security zone) under which the unidentified web...

Key Combo Closes App
I am using a custom keypad which which generates standard keycodes and extended keycodes. I am capturing the key presses in PreTranslateMessage. How can I stop "Alt Shift F4" closing my application? Tim Try processing WM_CLOSE notification message. I think it's the one being sent by Alt+F4. "tim@DELETEMErobotcrazy.com" <tim@robotcrazy.com> wrote in message news:1174078109.910817.11510@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >I am using a custom keypad which which generates standard keycodes and > extended keycodes. I am capturing the key presses in > Pre...

Associating edit contols with radio buttons
Hi My dialog has 3 edit controls and I want to associate 3 radio buttons with them such that the radio button that is triggered/active indicates which edit control has focus. i.e when edit control 1 is in focus then appropriate radio button is triggered to show this etc Can anyone give me some help in doing this Cheer Macca Add set focus event handler for each edit control. In those handlers do whatever to the radio button. "Macca" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05F9AB72-E0FA-420C-BAAB-B5E9167F15B6@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > My dialo...

Enabling Circular Logging
Hi all. I am performing backups of my exchange DB's over the internet starting today. The company I am doing this with suggested enabling circular logging on the Exchange server to avoid backing up unnesseccary data and to svae over the wire bamdwidth. Can anyone explain to me what it is, and how to enble it? I have Exchange 2003 standard server with SP1. Thanks!!!! On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 08:51:01 -0800, "redrobit" <redrobit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all. I am performing backups of my exchange DB's over the internet >starting today. The compa...

Year End Close #2
It would be realatively easy to print Financial Statements for a new year before closing the prior year. Every GL account has the account type, Bal. Sheet Account or Profit & Loss Account. In the first period of the new year, any trx for a Bal Sheet account, prior to the year end date, would be "rolled forward" into a BBF and inlcuded in the trial balance, TB Worksheet, or Financial Statement. Any P&L type account dated prior to the year end date, would be included in the BBF in the Retained Earnings Account. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, ...

xl97 Custom Built in Button greyed out
we have the office 97 suite loaded on a citrix server and published (not that that is the problem) But for some reason the built in button on the custom chart window is greyed out. The file XL8GALRY.XLS is there. I have sr1 and sr 2 applied. Am I missing something so obvious I'm going to smack my forehead.....again. John M wrote: > *we have the office 97 suite loaded on a citrix server and > published (not that that is the problem) But for some > reason the built in button on the custom chart window is > greyed out. The file XL8GALRY.XLS is there. I have sr1 > an...

Determining if hibernation is enabled
Hi, I'm using SetSuspendState(TRUE, FALSE, FALSE) to put the pc in into hibernation, which only works if hibernation is enabled. How can I determine whether hibernation is enabled before calling, so I can report as much to my users? I'm working with VS2008, targetting XP and Vista. Thanks, Steph IsPwrHibernateAllowed\ GetPwrCapabilities or CallNtPowerInformation(Maybe it's better way) "Steph" <steph@newsgroups.nospam> д����Ϣ news:92169931-7711-41D8-A88E-6C6092343D40@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm using SetSuspendState(TRUE, FALSE, FALSE) to put...

VBA
Hi! I have a template where I have allowed users to insert rows. I use the following code: Range("a52").Select Selection.EntireRow.Insert Rows("53:53").Copy Rows("52:52").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlFormulas, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= False, Transpose:=False Range("a2").Select However, when the user closes the file - there is a huge amt of data on the clip board and I do not want the user to get the message - is there a way for me to clear the information on the clip board? Also what does "Applica...

set enable & disable of button (VC 6.0)
Hello, For VC 6.0 (MFC) : How can I set the enable/disable state of that button ? Thanks :) this is not going to work buddy ....... read a book ..... "Eitan M" <no_spam_please@nospam_please.com> wrote in message news:ewfJoieGHHA.1232@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > For VC 6.0 (MFC) : > How can I set the enable/disable state of that button ? > > Thanks :) > hi Eitan, Try following, //To Enable button...at run time ...IDB_MYBUTTON is ID of your botton GetDlgItem(IDB_MYBUTTON)->EnableWindow(TRUE); //To Disab...

Enable/disable EDIT Menu's PASTE item according to clipboarb's format
Env: Windows2000, VC++6.00, MFC, . I have a CView based application, which deals with BITMAP. Since application can receive pasting operation coming from clipboard only for BITMAP format, so I hope that ID_EDIT_PASTE item on "Edit" Menu and ID_EDIT_PASTE button on toolbar can be enabled/disabled automatically according to the current clipboard format. I know I can do that if I put IsClipboardFormatAvailable(CF_BITMAP) into ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI(ID_EDIT_PASTE, OnUpdateEditPaste) as follows, void CMainFrame::OnUpdateEditPaste(CCmdUI* pCmdUI) { pCmdUI->Enable( IsClipboardFormatAva...

Crashing after closing messages
Hi All, I have a problem (no, not the AA thing). When I print a message from Outlook 2003 from the reading pane it works fine but when I open a message and print and then after closing the message Outlook crashes. No matter which printer i choose it crashes. I have reinstalled and repaired office a few times. Below is the error message. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Thomas Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Office 11 Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 12/16/2004 Time: 10:43:03 AM User: N/A Description: Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.6353.0, stamp 408f2937, f...

Can I use the 'Back' & 'Forward' navigation buttons on my mouse?
I plan on using a wireless mouse to control a presentation slideshow. I will leave the mouse pointer itself on the preview screen and may need to click there, so I would like to use the mouse's special web-navigation buttons ('Back' and 'Forward') to control the slideshow forward and backward. Is this possible, as it would seem a very simple and useful option given that so many mice and keyboards now feature these extra hardware keys/buttons? Of course I could use the scroll-wheel, but it's easy to overshoot... Thanks for any help, Andre Hi, Ye...

IE Closes
Im running CRM 1.2. When I login via IE on the Server it works fine. If I try to login on any other machine it prompts for login, which I do, and then it closes IE. Any ideas? disable popup blockers Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 14:19:07 -0500, "Eric Humphreys" <erichumphreys@nlsi.net> wrote: Im running CRM 1.2. When I login via IE on the Server it works fine. If I try to login on any other machine it prompts for login, which I do, and then it closes IE. Any ideas? Yes. I'm sure...

waterfall that crosses X-axis
does anyone have a waterfall chart that crosses the x-axis? I've read several postings that say, look at this example, but none that just say here :) i'm sure I could play with the idea for a couple days and come up with something but I can only spend about an hour or so :( Hi have ou checked the following sites: http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/waterfall/index.htm http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DummySeries.html#Falls -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Pablo" <native_texan_03@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:b4d88dc9.0404061035.18d2a220@po...

RE-Enabled Acconts
OK, I have read dozens of messages about users not being able to access their accounts if they were dis-abled then re-enabled. Nothing definitive for an answer though.. Some have said WAIT.. My question is how long to wait? I do know that if I re-boot the exchange server they get their access back, so I am thinking it is a wait thing, but in one instance I had waited 1 hour... What is happening? Carl it can actually take up to 2 hours for the re-enabling to take effect... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Carl Hilton" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:uib71bezGHA....

interface and buttons (size)
I was wondering what is going to be done about the enormous interface of MS Money? One of the reason's I never upgraded to Money 05 is that the buttons and header area of 05 was HUGE. I'm sure this is intended to make things more visible, but as a graphic designer I just can't stand the way the program looks. I really don't understand WHY MS made Windows XP themable, but then they put out products like MS Money that use their own buttons and titlebar and ignore their own rules. There is a TON of whitespace (ok, ok, it's blue) that could be removed to give me back...

Can't find the "safety" button
I just installed I.E.8 and can't find the "safety button" so i can change what to allow and not. Also,how do i "quit" a web page without closing windows so i don't have to open I.E. every time No worries. Takes a bit to get used to a new way of doing things. The Safety button is on the Command Bar, to the right of the tabs. To quit a web page, close its tab. If you don't see the tabs, make sure tabbed browsing is turned on. --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est Dick wrote: > I just installed I.E.8 and can't find the "safety ...

Can you Mail-Enable/Disable Users by OU?
I was wondering if there was a way to mail-enable/disable users by OU or group in Exchange 2000? I have one 2000 domain with 800 or so users, but I only want 100 of them to have mailboxes. I know when you install Exchange it asks you which users you want to mail-enable. But I was wondering if there was a way to maintain this after the fact, say by saying everyone in a particular OU has a mailbox. Also, are there any security measure that I should take with regards to securing the Exchange server to the ~700 users who don't have mailboxes and should have any access to the Exchange serve...

Newsgroup is being closed
[Crosspost to IE General & Windows Update newsgroups] In its infinite, control-freak wisdom, MS has decided to drop IE General & Windows Update newsgroups on 01 July 2010; cf. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx [Send your feedback to the black hole known as nntp@microsoft.com] If you need assistance with an IE problem, you can begin your own, new thread in this MS Answers forum: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/threads If you need assistance with a Windows Update problem, you can begin your own, new thread...

Vertical tab control with owner draw enabled
Hi I have a tab control with owner draw enabled in which I am drawing a icon and a text. It works perfectly fine when the TCS_VERTICAL option is not selected. But when I select TCS_VERTICAL option I am not able to see the text. Could anyone knows a solution for this? Regards ...