How to earase background of a Toolbar using OnEraseBkgnd method

Hi,

How to Make the Toolbar transparent and color by using override
OnEraseBkgnd of the Toolbar, paint it the color we want.

Regards,
sowmya.
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Jul 21, 5:39=A0am, bhavana.sow...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How to Make the Toolbar transparent and color by using override
> OnEraseBkgnd of the Toolbar, paint it the color we want.
>
> Regards,
> sowmya.

What is the problem in doing so? Are you not able to paint it
correctly. Keep in mind that if you make it transparent, its going to
show the color of underlying dockbar.

--
Ajay
0

Save using a Macro
I have a macro set up to save a worksheet. I always save it in the same place with the same file name. What I would like is for the macro to overwrite the file and then close Excel without prompting. Sub Backlog() ' ' Backlog Macro ' Macro recorded 07/11/2003 by HFRUPN ' ' ChDir "G:\Crushing Shedules\Backlog" ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="G:\Crushing Shedules\Backlog\BACKLOG.xls", _ FileFormat:=xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _ ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False End ...

Saving data in Access table using VB ?
I have a form with a button and if you click the button, a list of invoices are generated and saved in the table 'Invoice'. Problem is, the data isnt saved :( Here's my code: Private Sub Knop0_Click() Dim Invoicenr As Long Dim Invoicedate As Date stdocname = "Invoice" DoCmd.OpenTable stdocname, acViewNormal, acAd Invoicenr = 111111 Invoicedate = Now DoCmd.Save acTable, stdocname End Sub What am I doing wrong ? answered in microsoft.public access "Bauhaus" <niemandhier@pandora.be> wrote in message news:8Gxii.2421$yf6.506@biebel.telenet-ops.be....

What function to use
I have a question, I have an assigment to do but I do not know how. Here is the thing there is going to be 3+ columns. In Each column it will have some numbers, than from those numbers I need to make a formula that will put that article in right category. Here is Example (I don't know how to explain because they did not know how to explain to me but this is what I think it is) Coulmn A Column B Column C 500 0 0 400 0 0 100 0 ...

How to use multiple profiles

Running Outlook in Background
Is there anyway to run outlook in background? I like to have it open to receive mail, but I hate having it sit in my task bar. Search on google for a small freeware app called Outlock. Craig wrote: > Is there anyway to run outlook in background? I like to > have it open to receive mail, but I hate having it sit in > my task bar. ...

Appending data from one spreadsheet to another using a macro
I have been trying to append same type data from one spreadsheet to another using a macro but since I never know how many lines of data are in each spreadsheet I am appending it is either not inserting at all (because I am selecting all -- it is indicating the rows are not the same size) or it is only copying the number of rows from the second spreadsheet (not the number of rows from subsequent spreadsheets if they are higher or it copies blank rows). I am sure there is vb code that allows it to insert from one to another on the fly but I can't get it to work. Any ideas would be ...

outlook express error sending mail using hotmail account
An unknown error has occurred. Account: XXXXXXXXX, Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp ', Protocol: HTTPMail, Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 12019, Error Number: 0x80004005 how can i fix this problem This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.out...

How to display background text in a text box?
I'm not sure how to search for this but what I want to do is to include some kind of background message inside a text box to alert user what type of data they should enter...for example, instead of a blank text box - i want it to say [Enter your userid here] -- then the message goes away as soon as the user clicks or tabs to the text box. Similar to the search box in Microsoft ClipArt downloads -- where the text box says "Searh All Media Type" in gray text. Is this possible? If so, what would you call this feature so I could search for it or if someone could post a code -- I wou...

kit component where used
A "where used" option is needed for kit components. If we are replacing an item with a new part we need to change it on all the bill of materials and in all the kits. Currently Dynamics GP 9.0 only shows you where the part is used in the manufacturing bill of materials so the BOM's can be updated, but there is no way to find out what Kits need to be updated. We have hundreds of kits and there is not an easy way to find out which ones need to be updated with the new part. Please incorate a 'where used' that would include what kits a compensent is used in. ------...

how to produce toolbar icons with a common background? #2
I would like to create a common background for all icons in the toolbar. In particular, I would like a common background that starts with a light grey at the top and that then becomes progressively darker at lower levels of the icon. I've used an icon editor to extract a icon from programs that have a common icon background. The extracted icons contain only the icon image but not the common background. This indicates the common icon background is implemented separatedly from the icon drawing. Can anyone describe how a common icon background is implemented? Thanks in advance. Ia...

backgrounds
I am trying to create a bacground containing a title block which I can add and will show up in the same place everytime on floor plan drawings regardless of the scaling of the drawings. When I try creating a background page with a current drawing I have which happens to spill across 2 printed landscape letter size pages when no scaled the title is scaled to the center of the drawing in the printed page. This even occurs if I setup the drawing page to scale to one page. I have the title page setup as a background of the drawing page and have tried all the scale setting with no luck...

Background
Hi, is there possible to make a background pattern where, say every second row in the whole sheet is gray, and the background remains uneffected when I sort, delete or insert rows? Best regards Leif "Leif" <leifhy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:9c8Sb.80494$dP1.205391@newsc.telia.net... > Hi, > is there possible to make a background pattern where, say every second row > in the whole sheet is gray, and the background remains uneffected when I > sort, delete or insert rows? > > Best regards > Leif It's described here: http://www.cpearson.com/excel...

How to lighten background?
I have chosen the 'swirls' background in my publisher document (one page). I want to make the swirls less prominent (either watermark or lighter/different color) but I am STUMPED! I've tried going to Format - Backgrounds and have played with tints and colors... Please help me if you can! Thank you. The swirls background is rather light as it is. There are tools on the picture toolbar you can use. There is a contrast option as well as a brightness option. The icon that appears like a graph chart has a wash out option. These tools will not work with the Format>>Bac...

how to use captions -> Cross-reference
I'm interested in word 2007's ability to maintain cross references such as 'on figure 7 we can see that' so that if I added another figure it would automatically update to figure 8 etc. I've tried to use word 2007 help but it's patchy and minimal, I don't understand where the normal help files are. For example if I search for captions the first hit is the 'add or delete captions' page, but on that page there's no mention of cross-references or how to use them. I also can't find an index of help items like there is in visual studio or ...

Exchange 2000 servers using X400 as intersite protocol
We have two Exchange 2000 servers whose ExchangeMTA services are using X400 as their intersite transport rather than SMTP. How would I change this so that all servers within the network are using SMTP as the default transport? The Exchange 2000 servers are running on Windows 2000 AS SP4. The Exchange Servers are running on Windows 2003 SP1. Sounds like you're still in mixed mode for Exchange. X.400 should only be used for mixed mode communications between 5.5 and 2000 servers. When all 5.5 servers are gone, X.400 should not be used and the MTA service is no longer needed. Al ...

Commandbar:Submenus into floating toolbars
On the drawing toolbar - if you click on Draw and then on rotate or flip, a submenu pops up. This submenu has a handle at the top which I can drag and convert the submenu into a floating toolbar. I want to be able to recreate this behaviour. I have create the menu and the submenu, I have no clue on how to make the submenu into a toolbar. Can someone help or point me to some sample code. Thank you. sai AFAIK, there's no provision for creating tear-off menus in XL or VBA. In article <1111253043.252680.233300@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, "sai" <sai.buddha@gmai...

IE8 Toolbar missing
I am running Win XP Pro with IE8. IE Toolbar is missing, and other toolbars are greyed out. MSN and Bing are displayed, instead of home page. Unable to change my home page. Solution ? There is a very good chance that you are seeing the effects of a hijackware infection! NB: If you had no anti-virus application installed or the subscription had expired *when the machine first got infected* and/or your subscription has since expired and/or the machine's not been kept fully-patched at Windows Update, don't waste your time with any of the below: Format & reinstall...

Background Pictures in Excel
I want to use a picture as a background; but the picture repeats to fill the sheet. How do I make the one picture only a small part of the spreadsheet? I'm using Office 2003. Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0005.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ttnolen wrote: > I want to use a picture as a background; but the picture repeats to > fill the sheet. How do I make the one picture only a small part of > the spreadsheet? I'm using Office 2003. ...

Business cards on Publisher 2003 using Avery 8872
I used a different program previously that allowed my to choose the correct paper when printing business cards. I do not find this option in Publisher 2003. The print is 'easing' off the cards due to incorrect format Nearly all business cards have the same dimensions. File, page setup, business cards, change copies per sheet button, top> .5 side > .75, zero gaps. It will be somewhat different for centimeters side > 1.5cm Top > 2.15cm gaps zero -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "HSR" ...

Recent install of Office 07, Help window have a blue background
I just recently install office 7, and the help window are all blue background in colour. Its really hard to see the link as they are blue as well. I have tried changing the colour of the windows desktop background colour to white. I have tried to change the office 7 theme colour Have anyone encountered this problem? ...

How to earase background of a Toolbar using OnEraseBkgnd method
Hi, How to Make the Toolbar transparent and color by using override OnEraseBkgnd of the Toolbar, paint it the color we want. Regards, sowmya. On Jul 21, 5:39=A0am, bhavana.sow...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > How to Make the Toolbar transparent and color by using override > OnEraseBkgnd of the Toolbar, paint it the color we want. > > Regards, > sowmya. What is the problem in doing so? Are you not able to paint it correctly. Keep in mind that if you make it transparent, its going to show the color of underlying dockbar. -- Ajay ...

Using outlook express as newsreaedr from outlook
I have added the News command to the menu items of outlook, this is supposed to Open oulook express as the newsreader, however when I select news it opens a folder 1033 instead of Outlook express. How do I correct this problem? Thanks for any help Bob Answer has been posted countless times. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the...

Excel Pivot bar toolbar does not stay
MS excel 2000 I make the Pivot table toolbar to appear on to my worksheet and after doing once the toolbar disappears and again I have to add. is there any remedy? see the attchment regards VJ ...

Duplicate charges using RMS -> PCCharge
We are using PCCharge Payment Server 5.7.1 F, installed on a server machine. We have two RMS POS workstations. We have configured our EDC settings to point to PCCharge on that server. Over the weekend, we discovered that there were several transactions duplicated in PCCharge. They had the same TroutD, and initially they looked like they had the same authorization code. Using a utility program given to me by PCCharge support, I looked at the raw batch data, and saw that the duplicates were sent within 1 - 2 seconds of each other. They had the same TroutD, but they did have different (sequ...

Proper method for Excel/Query/Macro reporting
Hi All 1st of all sorry for the xpost, but I honestly don't know which group to post this query in. Basically I need to do an Excel report as follows: * User enters an sales rep code into say cell A1 and then clicks a button on the spreadsheet. * An SQL query is executed to extract all sales rep details and put it in the spreadsheet starting from say cell C1 onwards. * one blank row inserted * Another SQL query is executed to extract all sales rep's customer details and put it in the spreadsheet starting after the 1st query's data + the 1 blank line. * one blank row inserted...