How to display Checkbox MenuItem in MFC??

File Edit View                           O Checkbox1 O Checkbox2

How do I display Checkbox Menu Item in MFC like the one above?? Normal
menu items on CMenu on the left and checkbox on the right on the same
menu bar?
0
ngsteve (3)
1/11/2005 4:42:09 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Steve wrote:
> File Edit View                           O Checkbox1 O Checkbox2
>
> How do I display Checkbox Menu Item in MFC like the one above?? Normal
> menu items on CMenu on the left and checkbox on the right on the same
> menu bar?

I don't think there is a way to do this on the standard menu.  You can
do almost anything you want with custom menus on a custom menu bar.  For
some examples (old MSJ articles) search MSDN for "Cool + Menu"

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
Scott

LF displays as square box in cell
I have some cells with text where the LF (line feed) displays as a square box. Searching the web for this scenario suggests that turning on Word Wrap should eliminate this display but it does not in my case. Also, not all LFs in the cell display as a square box and one of my co- workers does not see the behaviour when he opens the file on his PC (another co-worker does see the problem). The text has been downloaded from a SQL query and I'm using Excel 2007/ WinXP. Any suggestions on how to clean up the view of the cells with this text? On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 08:20:38 -0800 (PST), John <...

Displaying property menu at runtime
Hello, Is there a way to display at runtime the property menu of a control so that the user may interact with the control? In my case, I'm speaking about the MsChart control which has a property menu at the design phase (when picking "properties" after right clicking on the control) Thanks Avi "avi" <aviben@bezeqint.net.il> wrote in message news:e2fc8178-471a-48b1-9671-fc81ca23c912@l14g2000yql.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to display at runtime the property menu of a control so > that the user may interact with the control? > ...

Display yesterday's date but only display weekdays?
Hi, I have the following function : =TODAY()-1 The problem is that if we're monday it gives me sunday's date whereas I only want weekdays so in this case friday. Any idea on how to mod the function to do that? thanks Try =TODAY()-IF(WEEKDAY(TODAY(),1)=2,3,1) That needs to be changed to =TODAY()-IF(WEEKDAY(TODAY(),1)<=2,3,1) if you will ever need to use the workbook on a Sunday. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "totalnatal" <jonathan.cohen150887@gmail.com> wrote in message news:865a4432-9a3c-4778-96eb-67d20684f741@y19g2000yqy.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > >...

How do I display cell comments in an excel graph?
There are comments in the data that I wish to have displayed in the chart. Visit http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/tips/ and click the link for 'Dynamic textbox in chart with custom formatting' I am not providing the direct link to the file since it will change in the near future. -- Tushar Mehta http://www.tushar-mehta.com Custom business solutions leveraging a multi-disciplinary approach In Excel 2007 double-click to format may not work; right click and select from the menu "saintalfonso" wrote: > There are comments in the data that I wish to have displayed in ...

Icon displaying badly in Taskbar
Hi all, I have a problem with an icon in my program being displayed differently in the main window titlebar and in taskbar. The icon is a red letter alpha on transparent background. When shown in the taskbar, a black border is drawn around the letter, resulting in an unclean look. I uploaded a magnified screenshot to illustrate the problem http://www.geocities.com/vitplanocka/Clipboard02.gif I have experimented with various icon sizes and colour resolutions and found that the icon being displayed in both the title bar and the taskbar is an icon 32x32x256. It just seems to be displayed ...

Using Unicows with MFC
Does anyone have experience using Unicows (the Microsoft layer for Unicode on Windows 95/98/Me Systems) with MFC? The documentation I'm finding doesn't seem that complete. Specifically, I understand I'm supposed to initialize the DLL before making any API calls. How can I place my code such that I'm guaranteed that it will execute before MFC makes any API calls? Also, I understand I'm supposed to try LoadLibrary("unicows.dll") first, then if that fails, attempt load it from my application directory. But how do I determine my application directory without making ...

Read Only dialogue box not always displaying...
Hello I have quite a few Excel 2000 workbooks that are stored out on a shared network drive. Normally, when a user attempts to open a workbook that another user already has open, it prompts them with the "Suchandsuch is locked for editing..." dialogue box with the read-only and notify options. However, not uncommonly this dialogue box isn't appearing when the previously mentioned scenario occurrs, leading the user to believe they have write access, which has lead to some headaches when one of the users goes to save their changes Is there something that universally causes this...

bank transfer error numbers display from workbook to csv
Dear all, I have a an excel file 99-2003 workbook that includes bank code and salary details, it is required from me to save it as csv but when i do so all the account numbers are corrupted example 201018537554 but when i open in csv it shows 2.21037E+11 Please help the bank is rejecting my applicatio due to the unredable numbers and plus how can i get a number that contains 0000031456789 and keep the zeros once it is in a number format it will only work when i use the special format num portugese "numero de seguranca social" Please help You should convert your numbe...

Pivot table question: How to display total and percent for data simultaneouly
I'd like to make a pivot chart that displays the same data both as a total and as a percentage at the same time: Example: Consider the following source data: Name Category Value a c1 10 a c2 20 b c1 5 b c2 30 It is easy enough to make a pivot table displaying: Sum of Value Category Name c1 c2 Grand Total a 10 20 30 b 5 30 35 Grand Total 15 50 65 It is also easy to display the percentages of the grand total for each entry. I'd like to display both simultaneously. Something like Name c...

No messages to display when connecting to exchange
Entourage: 12.2.3 OS-X 10.6.1 Exchange 2003 I am trying to setup Entourage 2008 to connect to our Exchange 2003 server but after a sync each folder I go to says it "There are no messages in this folder" After creating the account in Entourage I get all indications that it syncs with Exhcange including: * In the lower right it says "Now updating " and changing from one folder to another * The folder list for all my folders appears in the tree view on the left * My calendar has all my appointments in it and they appears to have synced correctly * If I go to...

Rounding actual results
Hi, I've got a grid that says: Hr Min Maths: 5 25 English: 7 25 And so on. I'm wanting to work out how much time is devoted to learning in the whole week. What I've got so far is: Hr Min Total learning time: =A1+A2... (counts up all totals in hours column) My current answer for hours is 18. I'm stuck with what to do with the minutes column. so far, I've got an ...

new...delete not work in MFC ? Why ?
Hi, Check out the following code char* t=new char[1000]; t="sdfsdf"; delete t; at delete t; statement , MSVC 6.0 MFC application generates Abort: Unhandled exception Why? Help ! sandSpiderX > Hi, > > > Check out the following code > char* t=new char[1000]; > t="sdfsdf"; > delete t; > > The rule is simple, if you use "new [...] then you must use delete []" and if you use new ... then simply call delete ... In your case you need to do delete [] t; ....but that's not the end of your problems. "char * t&...

If field then checkbox and enable
On my form called f015KeyMilestones(continuous form) I have a field called KeyMilestonesSubID. How can I do the following.. If KeyMilestonesSubID =12 then the checkbox called QGateNA is checked If QGateNA is checked (user checks or the above) then the field called PassedQGDt is enabled Thank you -- deb Is QGateNA a bound control because if it isn=92t then you cannot do it, as continuous forms are a devil of a thing to do anything with. If it is a field then again you need to check it when you create the record that is attached to KeyMilestonesSubID. Though if you ca...

Display in groups
Hello We are recently changed to outlook 2003 for our default mail program. This newer version always displays mail in groups. (Today, previous week, previous month, etc.) If you don't want that you can disable this option in the menu view, but if we disable this option and restart outlook it is displayed in groups again. Does anybody has an idea how to defently set this option disabled? Maybe a setting in the registry? Kind regards Erwin See the answer to one of your posts in other newsgroups. Do NOT multipost! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of...

Changing display order of primary & secondary axes in Excel charts
I'm trying to create a chart that uses horizontal bars to indicate the ideal stacking of tenants in a building (with each row containing several different boxes, or tenants, depending upon the size of the floor) in Excel 2003. One entry in the data table for this chart is "available floor area" which indicates the total sq. ft. available on each floor; this entry is plotted on the secondary axis, and all the tenants' (sq.ft.) leases are shown on the primary axis. Ideally, objects on the primary axis (bars representing individual tenant leases)should show up as being...

when word is typed in cell, how can the row auto displays data?
I have created a column of drop down cells in "A." When a value for "A" is chosen, I would like the rest of the row automatically display the associated data. How can I accomplish this? Assuming the associated data is in a lookup table, say A1:H100 on Sheet2, use =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$1:$H$100,2,False) and then repeat with offsets of 3,4, ... etc. -- HTH Bob Phillips "KT" <KT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F5A2F57-D843-4DFF-9B7F-286D68645638@microsoft.com... > I have created a column of drop down cells in "A." Whe...

can excel display current page in a cell
I need to display the current page in a cell on a speadsheet. I can not use the headers or footers. Tony, =RIGHT(CELL("Filename",A1),LEN(CELL("Filename",A1))-FIND("]",CELL("Filename" ,A1),1)) Mind however that this will work after the file is saved.!! The Cell function then returns the filename+sheetname including the path. The rest of the formula is there to extract the sheetname from that info. -- Regards, Auk Ales * Please reply to this newsgroup only * * I will not react on unsolicited e-mails * "tony" <anonymous@discussions.mi...

display date based on condition
i wanted to display multiples of 5 for day in everymonth between the years 1999 to 2006.( 01-jan-1999,05-jan-1999......30-jan-1999,01-feb-1999,... ....30-feb-1999..............30-dec-2006) in excel columns help me on this Hmm... 01-jan-1999 doesn't seem to be a multiple of 5...and there is no 30-feb-1999 (or any other year). Perhaps: A1: 01-Jan-1999 A2: =A1+5-(DAY(A1)=1)-(DAY(A1+4)*(DAY(A1+4)<=4)) and copy down... In article <600D178F-9B56-4235-9BD1-535483F397EB@microsoft.com>, eesh <eesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i wanted to display multiples...

display a drop menu with options.
What I am trying to do is to display in a box a list of options to allow the user to define exactly what they would like to view, for example, one colum defines color, I would like to have some kind of drop menu with all the colors and an option to display all colours ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ It kind of sounds like you have two dropdowns. The second is dependent on the first. If this is close to true, you may want to look at Debra Dalgleish'...

Using checkboxes as parameters
I have a query which lists a record of species. Each species has a "species type" (eg. mammal, turtle, fish, or invertebrate). A user would only like to search for certain combinations of species types. So I would like to create a parameter form which allows a user to select any combination of the species types to search for. I'm thinking of a form which displays all the species types and then puts a checkbox next to each. If the user clicks the box it will search for that species. If a user clicks multiple boxes the query will search for all the species types selec...

How to correctly pop a modeless dialog from console using MFC
I need to create a console application that has a main() function and pop a modeless dialog, so the console can still work in parallel to the modeless dialog (do other work, like communicating with the modeless dialog). Whatever i tried, i could only pop a modal dialog. (where the console is in hold till the modal dialog close itself). When switching to modeless dialog using Create() and ShowWindow() the dialog is displayed without its controls and it freeze / block (you can see the hourglass cursor). 1) I tried to pop the modeless dialog from the main() function: void main()...

subform Navigation Button record count; forcing immediate display
For subforms implementing the Access navigation buttons, the Record Count (which appears to the right of the buttons ('Record:' ...buttons .... 'of 32') takes several seconds to appear after the subform is loaded. Is there a way to delay loading the subform, so that this record count would be available at the same time the subform is displayed? I utilize the navigation buttons in some cases, and feel that my users might not realize that there is more than one record if the record count does not appear until 3 or 4 seconds after they've initially looked at the form. Thanks ...

Menu Checkbox Doublechecking
Hello, For the first time, I have created a menu with a checkbox in it. The menu is attached to the system tray. Similar to many examples (apparently I'm not getting the gist of them), I am using the following code: BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(CDemoDlg, CTrayDialog) .. .. ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI(ID_MENU_AUTOSTART, OnUpdateUIAutostartCheckmark) .. .. END_MESSAGE_MAP() void CDemoDlg::OnUpdateUIAutostartCheckmark(CCmdUI* pCmdUI) { bool as; as=CheckAutoStart(); if(as) { DeleteAutoStart(); pCmdUI->SetCheck(0); } else { CreateAutoStart(); pCmdUI->SetCheck(1); } } The problem is...

Can "Totals" be displayed in Advance Find results?
This seems like a question that would've been asked many times before, but I can't find any reference to is here. Can total search results be displayed in the search results pane? The only reference to a solution for this is by a company in Romania called Creative Software Solution. They have a screen grab at http://www.creativesolutions.ro/img/Customizations-GridCount.jpg. Anyone know how I can make the customization myself? Thanks! Andy. Dear Andy, There are few options. 1. Writing Reports and show total 2. Add Total as custom value and use javascript to add that va...

Display exact expression?
Is there a way that I can cause the exact expression in one cell to be displayed as text in an adjacent cell? I have been experimenting with the array formulas mentioned in another post and it would be helpful to be able to create a table like this, D E 4 Array 5 1 6 2 7 3 8 9 Value Expression 10 24 =(D5+1)*(D6+1)*(D7+1) 11 24 {=PRODUCT(D5:D7+1)} 12 48 {=PRODUCT(D5:D7*2)} 13 24 =SUMPRODUCT(PRODUCT(D5:D7+1)) 14 7 =SUM(D5:D7)+1 15 30 {=SUM(D5:D7)+1} where cells E10:E15 contain somethi...