How to display bitmap on Button.

Hello,
I am using normal Dialog-Base Application.On that Dialog i have placed 3-Buttons
and respective action is taken.
But Now i want to display bitmap on that respective button.
So how to display bitmap on that button.

Help me.
0
a_fund (16)
4/23/2004 2:10:55 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Try this:

void CMyDlg::SetBitmap(UINT nIDResource)
{
   CBitmap bmp;
   bmp.LoadBitmap(nIDResource);
   m_btnMyButton.SetBitmap(HBITMAP(bmp));
}

Call the function with the ID of your bitmaps, eg.
SetBitmap(IDB_THE_BITMAP);

HTH,
Guido

0
guidof73 (128)
4/23/2004 2:19:30 PM
atul wrote:
> Hello,
> I am using normal Dialog-Base Application.On that Dialog i have placed 3-Buttons
> and respective action is taken.
> But Now i want to display bitmap on that respective button.
> So how to display bitmap on that button.
>
> Help me.

You can try this:

In your OnInitDialog function,

CButton *pBtnOK = (CButton *)GetDlgItem(IDC_BUTTON_ID);

pBtnOK->ModifyStyle(0,BS_BITMAP,SWP_FRAMECHANGED);

pBtnOK->SetBitmap(::LoadBitmap(AfxGetInstanceHandle(),
MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDB_BITMAP1)));

where IDC_BUTTON_ID and IDB_BITMAP1 are your button's and bitmaps ID
respectvly.

or you could try CBitmapButton class.

Hope this helps
0
bojan112 (5)
4/23/2004 2:26:52 PM
atul wrote:
> Hello,
> I am using normal Dialog-Base Application.On that Dialog i have placed 3-Buttons
> and respective action is taken.
> But Now i want to display bitmap on that respective button.
> So how to display bitmap on that button.
>
> Help me.

This class might be overkill, but CButtonST pretty much does it all.

http://www.codeproject.com/buttonctrl/cbuttonst.asp
0
not5754 (29)
4/23/2004 5:35:03 PM
Take a look at my Better Bitmap Button class on my MVP Tips site.
				joe

On 23 Apr 2004 07:10:55 -0700, a_fund@yahoo.com (atul) wrote:

>Hello,
>I am using normal Dialog-Base Application.On that Dialog i have placed 3-Buttons
>and respective action is taken.
>But Now i want to display bitmap on that respective button.
>So how to display bitmap on that button.
>
>Help me.

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15973)
4/25/2004 6:53:42 AM
Bojan <bojan@notry.net.NOSPAM> wrote in message news:<uaAOH8TKEHA.2580@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
> atul wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I am using normal Dialog-Base Application.On that Dialog i have placed 3-Buttons
> > and respective action is taken.
> > But Now i want to display bitmap on that respective button.
> > So how to display bitmap on that button.
> >
> > Help me.
>
> You can try this:
>
> In your OnInitDialog function,
>

> CButton *pBtnOK = (CButton *)GetDlgItem(IDC_BUTTON_ID);
>
> pBtnOK->ModifyStyle(0,BS_BITMAP,SWP_FRAMECHANGED);
>
> pBtnOK->SetBitmap(::LoadBitmap(AfxGetInstanceHandle(),
> MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDB_BITMAP1)));
>
> where IDC_BUTTON_ID and IDB_BITMAP1 are your button's and bitmaps ID
> respectvly.
>
> or you could try CBitmapButton class.
>
> Hope this helps

Thanks i tried and it is working fine.
But can we use .tif,.swf,.jpg,.jpeg extension instead of .bmp on button in VC++.
if it is possible then give the details of implementation.
Please Help me.
0
a_fund (16)
4/30/2004 12:56:39 PM
Bojan <bojan@notry.net.NOSPAM> wrote in message news:<uaAOH8TKEHA.2580@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
> atul wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I am using normal Dialog-Base Application.On that Dialog i have placed 3-Buttons
> > and respective action is taken.
> > But Now i want to display bitmap on that respective button.
> > So how to display bitmap on that button.
> >
> > Help me.
>
> You can try this:
>
> In your OnInitDialog function,
>

> CButton *pBtnOK = (CButton *)GetDlgItem(IDC_BUTTON_ID);
>
> pBtnOK->ModifyStyle(0,BS_BITMAP,SWP_FRAMECHANGED);
>
> pBtnOK->SetBitmap(::LoadBitmap(AfxGetInstanceHandle(),
> MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDB_BITMAP1)));
>
> where IDC_BUTTON_ID and IDB_BITMAP1 are your button's and bitmaps ID
> respectvly.
>
> or you could try CBitmapButton class.
>
> Hope this helps

Thanks i tried and it is working fine.
But can we use .tif,.swf,.jpg,.jpeg extension instead of .bmp on button in VC++.
if it is possible then give the details of implementation.
Please Help me.
0
a_fund (16)

Dual Displays

Folder could not be displayed

Removing the Button of a CComboBox
After much searching through these groups, and not finding a "simple" solution. I pieced together this one from various sources, and it turned out to be quite simple. Using COMBOBOXINFO pcb; pcb.cbSize = sizeof(COMBOBOXINFO); if(GetComboBoxInfo(&pcb) You attain the information struct for the combobox. In this struct are two values, rcItem and rcButton. They are the RECT values for the edit box and the button. Initially, I just throw FillRect() over teh rcButton and whited out the button. This visually worked, but left the text looking stunted, and the button still receive...

How to select & display distinct values

Display Time in Outlook

PK and FK Displayed

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Stop displaying a line

Display or not display series

Displaying an equation
I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have equations in them. I want to have a cell that displays this equation with the answers that are calculated from these other cells displayed as values in the new equation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Check out http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm#getformula In article <E4143E2B-360A-4B43-955F-73BF8EC60694@microsoft.com>, "hoising8" <hoising8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have > eq...

Command button colors
Are there other options for command button colors...other than grey, or transparent? Shael wrote: > Are there other options for command button colors...other than grey, > or transparent? Not without using an image for the background or some other work-around. Stephen Lebans has some methods for doing this I believe. You might check his web site. -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP Email (as appropriate) to... RBrandt at Hunter dot com Check what Stephen Lebans has at http://www.lebans.com/cmdbutton.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no...

Serialisation
A general query Im serialising a person object with the following member variables Class Person Private _forenames As String Private _surname As String Private _dob As Date Private _marital_status As MaritalStatus 'Public Get and Set Properties here for each of the above ' I'll not detail them all to save space but Ill show attributes <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="forename")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="surname")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="dob"...

New Email does not display
When new email arrives you don't know it. You don't know you have new mail until you click on an existing email in your inbox. Any ideas? It's a setting. But... 1. You don't tell us the program you're using. 2. We can't guess if it's Outlook or Outlook Express. 3. This is the Excel newsgroup; you're in the wrong place. :) ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Travis" <Travis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D864BC01-7D98-48DA-A132-614D02E45963@microsoft.com... > When new email arrives you don't know ...

diable command button based on field value
I have a command button which I would like to disable based on the following rules: If A = 1 then button is disabled If B = 2 then button is enabled Where you put the code depends on how the form works. If this needs to be checked for each record, use the form current event: If A = 1 Then Me.Button.Enabled = False ElseIf B = 2 Then Me.Button.Enabled = True End If But, what if A is not 1 and B is not 2? -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "barrynichols@gmail.com" wrote: > I have a command button which I would like to disable based on the >...

Display 4 weeks of data
Hello all, I am trying to create a query in which data is displayed for the current month beginning with the first day of the week, first week of the month and ending with the last day of the week, last week of the month. In example: Today is Friday June 1, 2007 but the first day of the week would be Sunday, May 27, 2007. I would like the query to show data between 5/27/2007 through 6/30/2007 -OR- 4/29/2007 through 6/2/2007 for the previous month... Does anyone have any ideas? First day of the current month is DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date()), 1) Last day of the current month...

Dynamic Chart Display
I have set up many dynamic charts using named ranges with the counta function. At times when reopened the data is not displayed properly - it will be skewed to the left with blank intervals although all data is there. It can be corrected by going to the data sheet and resaving the spreadsheet but this is very inconvenient and doesn't always work. This is particularly a problem when the spreadsheet is for distribution or to be used as part of a presentation. Does anyone know if there is a way to 'freeze' the display so this does not occur? Thank you! ...

net display or pole display
We are a small beverage/specialty retailer. We have a requirement to install a customer viewable display. We are using a Pioneer POS that has an available USB and video port. 1. We are thinking of using a small, 7-9" monitor connected to the video port. Can we change the size of the fonts that are used to display pricing? 2. We tried hooking up a flat panel monitor to this port, but it didn't work (even with the net display check boxes activated). I think it is because we did not load drivers for the second monitor. We're a little apprehensive about messing up the touch s...

Displaying zero as 1st digit in zipcode
I'm generating address labels (in Word) from mailing list that's entere into Excel. The zip code is 07040, but it shows up in labels as "7040" I followed the directions & clicked "zip code" in the "format cell dialog box to format that column. I also tried entering it as text zip code printed out as "0" only. I hope you can help - I'm working o deadline. Thanks.:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com After you select your Excel file as a data source, you should see a 'Confirm Data Source' dialog box. From that...

Arial Font not fixed pitch on display zoom <79%
In Excel 2000, if you use Arial font with a size of 10 pitch, with a View Zoom factor of 79% or below it is displayed as a proportional font. i.e. the number 1 uses less space than the number 8. If you use a zoom factor of greater than 80% it displays as a fixed pitch font. Is there any way to make the font display permanently as fixed pitch, regardless of zoom factor? Arial is always proportional--maybe you meant courier new??? Maybe this post by Debra Dalgleish will help: You can change a registry setting to prevent this from happening (make a backup copy of the registry first): 1. ...

mouse over button
Hi, I would like to ask what is the best way to found out, if a mouse is on a button, without clicking on a button. I just need to know when the mouse cursor is dragged over the button, than I will change its style. I was checking the cursor position in the WM-MouseMove handler of the dialog, but if the cursor is on the button, this message is not sent to the dialog. CButton doesn't have any similar WM_message, I could use. Thanks, Lubomir A button is essentially a window. So in other words any message sent to a Window or Dialog is sent to the button also. What I am trying to say...