How to create Excel file?

Hi all
I'm creating an application and I want to save the output in an excel sheet
file, doesn any one know how can I do that ??
Thanks

0
mbm_1975 (10)
2/11/2004 4:59:30 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

What do you mean, do you want to save it in a format that Execl can read, or
do you want to save in a real execl file.

Execl doesn't have a problem reading comma seperated files, if that
exceptable.
Or look into actually opening an execl spreadsheet within your application
and let the user input their data directly into the spreadsheet. (COM
Object)

and here are links with descriptions to the file format

http://sc.openoffice.org/excelfileformat.pdf
http://chicago.sourceforge.net/devel/docs/excel/

here is an ole method, in perl.
http://homepage.tinet.ie/~jmcnamara/perl/PerlExcelFaq.html

Ali R.

"msnews.microsoft.com" <mbm_1975@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
> I'm creating an application and I want to save the output in an excel
sheet
> file, doesn any one know how can I do that ??
> Thanks

0
nospam7515 (2085)
2/11/2004 5:28:00 PM
I want to create an Excel com object in my application but for it looks I'm
getting blind and I cannot find the excell program ID.
Thanks

"Ali R." <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> What do you mean, do you want to save it in a format that Execl can read,
or
> do you want to save in a real execl file.
>
> Execl doesn't have a problem reading comma seperated files, if that
> exceptable.
> Or look into actually opening an execl spreadsheet within your application
> and let the user input their data directly into the spreadsheet. (COM
> Object)
>
> and here are links with descriptions to the file format
>
> http://sc.openoffice.org/excelfileformat.pdf
> http://chicago.sourceforge.net/devel/docs/excel/
>
> here is an ole method, in perl.
> http://homepage.tinet.ie/~jmcnamara/perl/PerlExcelFaq.html
>
> Ali R.
>

> "msnews.microsoft.com" <mbm_1975@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all
> > I'm creating an application and I want to save the output in an excel
> sheet
> > file, doesn any one know how can I do that ??
> > Thanks

0
mbm_1975 (10)
2/11/2004 5:39:26 PM
Why don't you use the com object wizard that comes with vc++, it will give
you the com object nicely wrapped in a class.

> I want to create an Excel com object in my application but for it looks
I'm
> getting blind and I cannot find the excell program ID.
> Thanks
>

> "Ali R." <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > What do you mean, do you want to save it in a format that Execl can
read,
> or
> > do you want to save in a real execl file.
> >
> > Execl doesn't have a problem reading comma seperated files, if that
> > exceptable.
> > Or look into actually opening an execl spreadsheet within your
application
> > and let the user input their data directly into the spreadsheet. (COM
> > Object)
> >
> > and here are links with descriptions to the file format
> >
> > http://sc.openoffice.org/excelfileformat.pdf
> > http://chicago.sourceforge.net/devel/docs/excel/
> >
> > here is an ole method, in perl.
> > http://homepage.tinet.ie/~jmcnamara/perl/PerlExcelFaq.html
> >
> > Ali R.
> >

> > "msnews.microsoft.com" <mbm_1975@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi all
> > > I'm creating an application and I want to save the output in an excel
> > sheet
> > > file, doesn any one know how can I do that ??
> > > Thanks

0
nospam7515 (2085)
2/11/2004 8:02:27 PM
Hi,

Thanks for posting in the community.

From your description, I understand that you want to create and use the
excel object in a VC program.
Please correct me if there is any misunderstand.

For the excel program ID, it is just "Excel.Application".

You can find many detailed KB articles on Excel Automation on VC++:

HOWTO: Automate Excel Using MFC and Worksheet Functions
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=178781

HOWTO: Automate Excel From C++ Without Using MFC or #import
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=216686

HOWTO: Use OLE Automation from a C Application Rather Than C++
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=181473

And HOWTO: Find and Use Office Object Model Documentation:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=222101

Hope it helps!

Best regards,

Gary Chang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------

0
v-garych (605)

create a roster

A self Instruction Book On Excel 2003
I am trying to find a text book on excel 2003 that will show me how to use Excel and give me the data to put into the spread sheet. Some of the features I am looking for are, Amortization, Creating Macros and The function and Chart Wizard. If you could please include an ISBN# to locate the text to get me started on Excel 2003. John List of books at Debra Dalgleish's site. Some have CD's attached http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlbooks.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 12:57:23 -0700, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to find ...

2007 pst files
I just installed the 2007 update of Office. Everything installed fine, however I can't open Outlook. The error message says there are errors in my Personal Folders.pst. and to use Scanpst.exe to repair it. I can't find the file. I did a search and also looked in the Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033 folder - it's not there. How do I get the file and will this work with 2007? Thanks jan it should be located at following.. drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12. -- Laura Rooke MVP - Mobile Devices wiersma7, you wrote on Wed, 13 Jun 2007 19:49:20 ...

footer in excel #2
What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY PAGE? EXCEL 2000 Page Setup Header/Footer Put your entry in Footer "LED1" <LED1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D226F524-7267-48D9-98AE-A1C768B6921E@microsoft.com... : What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY : PAGE? EXCEL 2000 ...

Task Create - Status

ALT-TAB not working with excel 2000
My problem is, as in the subject, that pressing ALT-TAB to switch among the files opened in Excel 2000 doesn't work anymore. I tried to re-install withouth success. I can only use CTRL-TAB because you haven't multiple sessions running (as usual in Excel 2000) but only one task of Excel. So, it's impossible to use ALT-TAB. Unfortunately, CTRL-TAB isn't useful as ALT-TAB because you can't switch from the current worksheet and the last used but you have to pass cyclicly through the files opened... It seems to be related to the fact that the same worksheets had been opened...

Create external database

Excel Function Problem
Hi, Please consider me an excel newbie! I am trying to find out how to write a function that checks a 7 digit numerical string entered into cell i.e. 7030000 against 50 possible strings. (Im guessing this is a multiple IF statement thing). Once the condition is true it then takes the value from cell J7, adds it to the value in cell D7. The end result being that D7 now contains a value equal to its original value + J7. Any help given would be appreciatted Many Thanks --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You might look at the SumIF function. It will add values together if...

How to create pie chart with %

Backing up EXCEL
My EXCEL Files are (I think!) all in My Documents. I can back up My Documents to a CD, which includes EXCEL Files. But is there a better way to back up EXCEL? Red, If you mean the installed Excel program itself, you don't back that up, unless you back up pretty much the whole drive (so you get the registry, etc.) and restore it all too. Normally, if a program like Excel is lost, it's reinstalled from the original installation CD. It's unlikely that the Excel program has been installed in My Documents. Your Excel workbooks and templates should of course be backed up, to the...

excel with another reporting tool?
hi, I have only worked on vba macros where my input and output is both excel. Using macros most of the time it crashes and the end-user is then not comfortable with it. I wanted to go for a better solution. Not sure how go to about it. I was thinking of generating crystal reports. If i use crystal reports how is the format generated. I wanted to its feasibility study. Anyone who has done some work on this please go suggest. Will the end user have the authority to still edit the report. WIll it contain the formulas as we fianlly see in the excel. Please provide any infomartion that...

when form created

Can't open excel documents
When I try to open an excel doc is 'stalls' ... getting stuck on 'virus scan' dialouge at the bottom of the sheet. I can open excel w/o a file and save one, but when I try opening an existing one, Excel simply won't do it and I eventually have to contl.alt.del. it in order to continue. Any ideas? ...

Creating a Brochure

How do you print an Excel worksheet to show the rows and columns?
I'm new to Excel, and trying to print a document that will show the rows and columns, rather than just the information. How do I do this? In Excel 97 (later versions will, I assume, be similar) click File - Page Setup. Then select the "Sheet" tab and in the box labelled "Print" will be a checkbox labelled "Gridlines". Check that and print it. Peter "Michaelangelo" <Michaelangelo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A635EBC2-AB49-45D8-803D-5C2E91ACDDAC@microsoft.com... > I'm new to Excel, and trying to print a document th...

excel should make it easier to have a 1 to 1 plot area in chart
Sometimes I would like the plot area to have a 1 to 1 ratio, so each little square of the gridlines are a square. ie, the y- axis could be 10, the x- axis could be 10, so the plot area would be square, or the y- axis could go from -10 to 10, with the same x- axis, so the plot area would have twice the y- axis than the x- axis. I think the way microsoft has this place worded is misleading, cause it says "Post your suggestion." I don't mean to put anyone off. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most ...

How to create Access macro shortcut

Excel's Calculating Sequence
If I have a block of formulae , say, in A1:E10 and hit F9 is thare any particular sequence that the recalc is done ? e.g. by rows first and then columns etc. TIA Bill From the Help file: When are existing formulas recalculated? Excel recalculates those cells that are dependent on other cells that contain changed values. This type of calculation helps to avoid unnecessary calculations. Excel also calculates workbooks each time they are opened. Background calculation As calculation proceeds, you can choose commands or perform actions such as entering numbers or formulas. Excel tempor...

need opposite of MODE function in Excel
How do I find the number that occurs LEAST frequently in a range of numbers? This is the exact opposite of the MODE function, which finds the most common occurrence. For example, a column of numbers contains; 2 4 5 2 4 2 MODE will return "2" as the most commonj occurrence. I want to know that "5" is the least common occurence. Obviously, my column contains many more numbers so it's not easily to simply visualize and count them. Is there a way to do this in Excel? Thanks. Hi Kevin, You can do that with the Frequency function. data freq bins 2 0 1 ...

can't open this item with password protected files
Hello, I can't open an email in Outlook 2003 with an attachement that is password-protected. The email is placed in the folder Server failures and if I try to open it, I get the following message : Can't open this item. The operation failed. Does anyone know how to fix this. Thanks in advance. Raimond Does it work when you save the attachment first? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Raimond van der Meer" <raimond_cdmi@hotmai...