How to create a WS_POPUP window like menu window?

I do not want to use the CMenu or HMENU, and created a WS_POPUP window, make
it looks like a menu,

but when my menu window activeted, the main app window's title bar become
gray.

You know the system menu can get mouse move msg and the main app window's
title bar do not became gray,

Is there any hint?

John Smith

0
John
12/20/2008 6:51:00 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"John Smith" <tap05@126.com> wrote in message
>I do not want to use the CMenu or HMENU, and created a WS_POPUP window,
>make it looks like a menu,
>
> but when my menu window activeted, the main app window's title bar become
> gray.
>
> You know the system menu can get mouse move msg and the main app window's
> title bar do not became gray,
>
> Is there any hint?

Could you make your menu window WS_CHILD of the mainframe?  Why does it need
to be WS_POPUP?

If it is WS_POPUP, then it is a top-level window, and only one is active at
a time, which is why your main window goes gray.  If you don't care about
your menu having keyboard focus, you can prevent your menu window from
getting the focus (so your main window retains the focus and doesn't go
gray).  Do this by handling WM_MOUSEACTIVATE.  Also, when you call
ShowWindow() to show your menu window, specify SW_SHOWNOACTIVATE.

-- David

0
dc2983 (3207)

create a roster

How to forbid the Windows Updates
Hello, Windows Server 2003 Following a catastrophe after a Windows Update, I want to forbid any future Windows Update, even the option when we shutdown the server: "Install the updates and shutdown". How can I do that? Thanks Disable the Windows Update service. Start|Run|services.msc For the idiotic 'Install Updates and Shut Down' option. Start|Run|gpedit.msc Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Update Do not display 'Install Updates and Shut Down' option in Shut Down Windows dialog box -- Regards, Dave P...

Task Create - Status

Drop Down Menu #2
In Word I'm able to attach a calendar as a drop down menu...then a person who clicks on that drop down menu will see the calendar and then can click a date which will be seen in the cell. Would you like to something similar in Excel? See Ron de Bruin's site for instructions on using a Calendar Control on a worksheet. http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Also note the section for calling the calendar from a Toolbar button. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 5 May 2009 14:24:15 -0700, Marlas <Marlas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Word I'm able to attach a c...

windows mail
system crashed. lost all folders etc, can I get them back?? Search for *.eml. Make sure you include hidden files and folders in the = search. See here for background on where the messages are located: = www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx steve "PQ" <PQ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:5F58FF86-D798-4F71-8D93-A9E4D75401A6@microsoft.com... > system crashed. lost all folders etc, can I get them back?? > ...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

Windows XP and Serial Modem problem
I am running Windows XP MCE Service Pack 3 on a HP Pavilion desktop computer.. I have a Zoom Serial Modem attached to a LAVA PCI Dual Serial Port Printer card. I have uninstalled all the drivers for both of the serial ports and Printer port as well as the Zoom modem. I then re installed them from a Floppy disk for the serial card etc, and the modem from the Zoom CD. When I try to dial the modem I get no dial tone and it aborts the dial and gives a message that it will try again in one minute. I have tested the Serial card with PC Doctor and the modem with Modem Doct...

when form created

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

Creating an ad book

Access unable to create an MDE

create a database from which bibliography an be created
How do I create a database from which a bibliography can be added to the end of a Word document? I used the program RefManager, but that is too expensive for me to update. Does Word 2003 have such a program? Thanks Not natively. Have you checked your academic institution? They might have campus licenses which students can use at home. You could give Zotero a spin (www.zotero.org). Personally, I don't like it, but that's just me. Word 2007 comes with referencing capabilities, but they are limited in functionality. Anything special you want, you would have to add i...

Timer Question
Hai All, For a NonWindows application looking Set a Timer for 5 Secs and once the timer expires i need to print some text, i looked at SetTimer and it required handle and a CallBackFunction and for nowwindows applciation the handle i passed is Null as i dont know the handle,when the handle is null the application is not going to the callback fuction and is there any other API to handle this situation,any help is greatly appreciated Thanks and Regards Suresh For non-windows applications you need to supply a callback function. ...

Error creating activities from Cases
Hi I have an out of the box SBS 2003 CRM Setup I have installed Rollup1 and the new help files Under about MS CRM it has CRM 3.0 (3.0.5300.0) When we try and create activies from within a case, we get the following to errors in the event log We can create the activities just fromthe main web client menu ok The same thing happens in the outlook client (OL 2003, Exchange 2003) I found some links to verabose stuff, but they all applied to the have MS CRM setup on multiple server. We have tried it with and without Outlook open Anyhelp appreciated Event Type: Error Event Source: MSC...

Create multiple owner fields?
Is it possibel to create multiple owner fields in a form. We need to track the users who is working with an account. I know only own owner field is supported, but is it poosible to have one owner field and custom fields using the lookup dialog to map more users? // Mats Have you looked at creating a custom entity. Then have a Many to One relationship to user and a Many to One relationship to Account. "Langer" wrote: > > > Is it possibel to create multiple owner fields in a form. We need to > track the users who is working with an account. I know only own o...

Window Security (GP 7.5)
Hello, I would like to limit access to a specific window. I am trying to remove some user access from the Customer Maintenance Options window. This can be accessed using the Options button on the Customer Maintenance window. I cannot find this window listed in the Security Setup window as other windows are. Is it even possible to set access rights to this window? Thanks, -- Jessie Try using By Dictionary in Advanced Security. I don't know if the subwindow can be controlled but the By Dictionary option might give you the granularity you need. -- Charles Allen, MVP "J...