how to convert date

Hi,

I'm looking for some method to convert mail date, in format:
eg. "Sun, 18 Sep 2005 20:57:08 +0200", to computer local time.
I tried CTime but without resoults.

m.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Have you tried COleDateTime::ParseDateTime()?

m.wski21.usunto@aust.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for some method to convert mail date, in format:
> eg. "Sun, 18 Sep 2005 20:57:08 +0200", to computer local time.
> I tried CTime but without resoults.
>
> m.

>I'm looking for some method to convert mail date, in format:
>eg. "Sun, 18 Sep 2005 20:57:08 +0200", to computer local time.
>I tried CTime but without resoults.

For the offset, I've used code like this:

pStr is pointing initially to the end of the string...

/* The last 5 characters are the time zone "+HHMM" */
/* Get the minutes */
const int Mins = atoi( &pStr[Len-2] );
/* Now get the hours */
pStr[Len-2] = '\0';
Len -= 2;
const int Hours = atoi( &pStr[Len-2] );
/* Eliminate the hours */
pStr[Len-2] = '\0';
Len -= 2;
const bool bPlusMinus = pStr[Len-1] == '-' ? false : true;

And then used the InternetTimeToSystemTime API for the main part of
the string.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
0

>but this not convert this time to my geographic time,
>so  what i must add?

Have you added/subtracted the Hours/Mins offset to the value returned
by the InternetTimeToSystemTime API?

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
0
davidl7375 (2060)
10/13/2005 3:33:12 PM
Hi,

I thought that I find out some API method which could calculate this
automatical.
But you are talking that I must add/substract some hours/mins to this
returned value?
But from where can I take this value to add, mayeby I must use some
addition table ?

m.

>I thought that I find out some API method which could calculate this
>automatical.

I couldn't find one when I looked.

>But you are talking that I must add/substract some hours/mins to this
>returned value?

Yes - see the code snippet I showed. Have you added/subtracted the
Hours and Mins values?

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
0
davidl7375 (2060)

how to convert date

Convert text to time value

Odd date problem
I'm reposting this as this is a very strange problem in Access. I'm using 2003. After my entry is an entry by missinglinq via AccessMonster.com who was able to reproduce the error. Looking forward to comments/fixes. Thanks, Rob I have the following in the DblClick event for the control CaseStart which is a date/time field. The problem is that once the control is double clicked the form remains in edit mode, even though I've told it not be editable. Additionally, when the control is double clicked, it shoudn't enter in the time until the Edit button has been clicked o...

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Convert Access97 to 2000

Dates not correct
How do I get my DateDif output to reflect the correct 30 days in a month. Im getting 49 days, it should be pulled to the months and 19 days in days. 2 years, 11 months, 49 days See this for examples: http://cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm Biff <belczyk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1177357276.085439.98020@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > How do I get my DateDif output to reflect the correct 30 days in a > month. Im getting 49 days, it should be pulled to the months and 19 > days in days. > > > 2 years, 11 months, 49 days > ...

Outbox displays Received Date
Need some help on this one. I'm using Outlook 2000 on a Windows XP machine and for some odd reason the Outbox now displays the "Received" date and the Inbox displays the "Sent" date. How do i correct this. It seems to be hidden in the PST file because when I login on a different machine it shows the same thing. Right click on the column headers and choose the "Field Chooser". Drag the field you want to see from the Field Chooser into the column headers area. Drag column headers you don't want to see away from the column headers. "Lee" ...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

Invoice Due Date #2
Hello, I'm using Money Small Business 2006 and need some help. How can I specify the due date on a invoice? It seems to automatically use the date that the invoice is created on. All help appreciated. Thank you. > How can I specify the due date on a invoice? It seems to automatically > use the date that the invoice is created on. Below the Line Item table there is a link "To add or edit billing and shipping addresses, notes, or other information, go to the Invoice Details". Click that link and you can specify the Payment Terms. I don't see where to specify a cet...

XML Note convert to DataSet

Convert

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005

Number of hrs worked in a week, based on dates in a different column
Hi. I'm hoping someone will give this a try. I'd like to enter a function into each cell in column D so that the total hours worked for the previous week appears each Sunday. For instance, cell D6 would display 11, the sum of C2:C6 (note this is a short week). Cell D20 would display 22.5, the sum of C7:C20. On some days, no work at all is performed, but on other days multiple tasks are performed. The only cells in column D that should display a value are the Sunday's... all other cells should display nothing. Thanks very much for your help!! Gregg. ...

Numbers converting to decimal

Converting Quicken 2004 to Money

Importing Entourage Date
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop The board on my old MacBook has just died but I managed to clone the disc and drag all the data out and onto an external drive. All my data is there along with what seems to be the complete system however I can't import the Entourage files, database and folders into my iMac! I've tried to locate the folders and files using import then searching through the Documents / Office 2008 identities etc. but when I get to the database folders they are 'greyed' out and I can't attach th...

Customizing "Convert Campaign Response"
We have created custom Fields in the Campaign Response entity that we would like to populate on the Lead Entity when we do a conversion. However it doesn't seem like this is possible from the Data Map. Is there a way to modify what fields are carried forward during a conversion, or do I need to find a different method? Thank you in advance. Hi, As I had some time left, I tried to figure this one out. To my surprise I can't find ANY direct link between a converted campaign response and a new lead. There is only an indirect link, through the campaign entity. But that does not ...

Converting from AOL to Outlook

Selecting a range of cells based on the date.
Hi MS Office Help, I would like to know how to choose a selection of cells based on what month it is. For instance, if the month was january, excel would allow me to select cells A1-F1, which I could then use as a data source for a chart. If the month became march or april, excel would allow me to select cells C1-H1, D1-I1 respectively, and so on. This will allow me to vary my chart automatically as the month changes. Help is greatly appreciated. Hi Solomon, Use the Data - Autofilter -custom feature or Data - filter - text filters - custom depending on your version of...

Convert English language document to Hindi
Is there any software available to convert an English language text document to Hindi language document by using dictionary based translation (not transliteration). For example: The sentence : My name is Joseph Should be converted to : ???? ??? ????? ?? ...

Problem with AFX_THREAD_STATE class converting from VS6.0 to VS.NET 2003
I have inherited some code that works in VS6.0. It has code snippets like the following: _AFX_THREAD_STATE* pThreadState = AfxGetThreadState(); pThreadState->m_nLastHit = 0; and _AFX_THREAD_STATE* pThreadState = AfxGetThreadState(); CToolTipCtrl* pToolTip = pThreadState->m_pToolTip; It then does things with these values. In VS.NET, there is no member variable in _AFX_THREAD_STATE that corresponds to m_nLastHit or m_pToolTip. Have these been replaced by something similar in VS.NET 2003 that I can use? #if (_MFC_VER < 0x0700) _AFX_THREAD_STATE* pThreadState = AfxGetThrea...

Converting Hours an minutes just into minutes #2
Is thier a formula to use to change hous and minutes, just into minutes ex: 01:30 (1 hour and 30 minutes) into 90 minutes. And how do you format the cells. Thank you Select the cell and change the format to: [m] -- Gary's Student "Six Sigma Blackbelt" wrote: > Is thier a formula to use to change hous and minutes, just into minutes ex: > 01:30 (1 hour and 30 minutes) into 90 minutes. And how do you format the > cells. > > Thank you ...