how to compare project settings VC++ 6.0

Hi all,

I have two MFC projects made with VC++ 6.0. How can I compare their project
settings to see the differences? Is there any trick/tool to make it easier
than just manually reviewing the tiny setting windows?

Thanks for ideas

Vaclav

0
no1498 (362)
3/24/2006 4:26:01 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Vaclav" <no@spam.please> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have two MFC projects made with VC++ 6.0. How can I compare their
project
> settings to see the differences? Is there any trick/tool to make it easier
> than just manually reviewing the tiny setting windows?

Not that I am aware of. You can open the dsp  in WinDiff or some other tool
which compares files and see differencences there.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)
3/24/2006 4:50:02 PM
I would simply copy the content of the command line of C/C++ section, and
the Linker section under the Project Property Pages and compare both lines
to the other project's Command lines. When you find the difference, you can
look up the parameter in the help file and it will tell you all about the
setting, and what it applys to.

AliR.

"Vaclav" <no@spam.please> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have two MFC projects made with VC++ 6.0. How can I compare their
project
> settings to see the differences? Is there any trick/tool to make it easier
> than just manually reviewing the tiny setting windows?
>
> Thanks for ideas
>
> Vaclav

0
AliR3470 (3235)

mortgage #6
Help, the user guide is weak. I set up an assett of my home, I set up a loan for the home, when I have deductions made automatically from my checking account there is no way to transfer them to the loan for posting as a payment. Must all of this be done manually. This is the third time I have attempted posting and received a message of unavailable. I am very frustrated that Money does not work where you can transfer patients, the assett appears in the account menu to vut and paste to but not the loan. In microsoft.public.money, DrFrank wrote: > >This is the third time I ha...

Globally set fields view
Hi, I have a user who has someone unset his fields when he tries to view his folders. We have straightened out his inbox by going to current view and readding the fields that somehow got deleted, however, I can't find the way to do this globally for all his folders. He has about 30 of them, and I'd hate to have to re-add the deleted fields, one at a time for each folder. There has to be a way to make one folder's view the default setting for all the folders, but I can't find it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Sharyn If it's one of the default views that got me...

Auto Lease Set Up
Is there any effective way to set up and Automobile Lease, have it show on the Car Page since it really is not an asset, or should I just use a generic category/subcategory Automobile:Lease Payment whereby it will appear under Vehicle Expenses for the year? Unfortunately, this skews things a little for me since we have 2 car payments (1 regular loan/1 lease) and Lease Payments then show up under Vehicle Expenses for the Year but Car Payments do not since I have a loan set up. Any thoughts appreciated! Tony I am having the same problem. Were you able to find an answer to this? Thanx...

Ignoring #DIV/0! in a formula
Is it possible to ignore a cell in a formula if the data is #DIV/0 ive tried messing around with IF statements but I cant seem to figure it out =IF(ISERROR(cellref),erroraction,noerroraction) =IF(ISNUMBER(cellref),noerroraction,erroraction) You can also use it in range functions, such as =SUM(IF(ISNUMBER(range),range)) but you must array enter (Ctrl-Shift-Enter) Jerry DLZ217 wrote: > Is it possible to ignore a cell in a formula if the data is #DIV/0 ive tried > messing around with IF statements but I cant seem to figure it out "Jerry W. Lewis" <post_a_reply@no_e-ma...

compare
Hello everyone, I have been reading this group for a while, however I am quite a rookie in using of excel. I would appreciate if someone could help with this issue. I quite often have to compare two sheets (from different workbooks-files, but with the same sheet name). Calculations are thus updated time by time and I need to check where were the main differences. Cells contain both values and formulas. I have found through this newsgroup nice add-ins of Myrna Larson and Bill Manville, and Rob Bruce. However I would need the macros to highlight only significant differences (let's say fro...

How to set up model portfolio?
Hi- I am trying to set up an investment portfolio to track what *would* have happened if I bought those stocks. I tried creating a watch investment account but when I get to the step to make it a model portfolio and divide a certain sum by all the stocks it starts to influence and change my total return for all my accounts. Nothing shows up under daily change or total but it is changing the Total Return at the bottom by making it look like I have more money invested than I actually do. Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks! -Dan In microsoft.public.money, Dan wrote: > >I am ...

Compare two files and update data from another file base on words in a cell separated by commas
I have two file with several colomns. I need to compare two Col B fileA Col B of FileB as shown in example. http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AgUVfFOnkiaKdFBiNDFLamcybXdhW... Each col have about 1000 rows. Each row contains thousands of words and phrases separated by Comma. As you can see from example, my data has soo many words and phrases separated by comma in each row of two colomn A and B. ============== i Need to merge data of corresponding row from COLA$FileB TO corresponding row of COLA$FileB Also merge data of corresponding row from COLB$FileB TO correspondin...

.NET Framework Application error in WinCE 6.0
Hi All, I am running a .NET framework application in WinCE 6.0 and getting the following error "This error appears when I execute a program in a Psion 7525 with Windows CE 4.2 "File or assembly name 'Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A', or one of its dependencies, was not found" This same application is working in x86 PC. How to solve this issue in WinCE? Thanks for help. If you want to run your application in WinCE 6.0 you have to compile your application on .NET Compact Framework. --...

FRX 6.0 "unexpected error; quitting"
When i create a new windows profile on a PC that already has FRX 6.0, login as that new user and try to run FRx, I get the follwoing error, "unexpected error; quitting". It doesn't matter who I attempt to logon to FRX as. Does anyone know how to fix this...? Thanks, Tom... ------=_NextPart_0001_31854365 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Tom K, Thanks for your FRx question. FRx 6.0 is no longer supported. I recommend upgrading to FRx 6.5 or FRx 6.7. However, the unexpected error quitting message can usually be resolved with registering the .dll...

Test Upgrade to 9.0
I want to install a copy of my company's Great Plains 7.5 database and then upgrade it to 9.0 on a seperate server in a test environment. Does anyone know of a KB article or best practice process for this? Thanks in advance... Before I get into any of the specifics..... It appears that your focus is on the technical piece of building the test environment. Thats the easy part. You'll need to construct a test plan that covers all aspects of your operation and takes nothing for granted. This is especially true when it comes to custom reports. Little things like printing test P...

2 workbooks
I have got 2 workbooks with a list of names. I need to find out if a name appears in both books. One of the workbooks came from a different source and the other one is a report I ran from our database. I need to find out whether the workbook from out of the company has got any of our own names on it. I am using Microsoft Excel 97 and am fairly new at this so please be gentle. One way I did think was to combine the two workbooks into one and find the duplicates but thought there may be another way. Thank you. Hi "queen on", Assume that In book1 the names are in column A, s...

Comparing
I have two columns of numbers column A could be up to 3500 rows. Column B may be more or less than 3500 rows. What I'm trying to do is see if any number in columns "B" appears anywhere in Column "A", and if so we can just highlight it in both columns. Actually I would want to be able to sort by highlighted. so maybe add someway to sort by matched or unmatched. I hope this makes sense. In column C put... =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($A1,$B:$B,1,FALSE)),"Not in B","In B") In column D put... =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($B1,$A:$A,1,FALSE)),"Not in ...

How do I set up Publisher to find clip art file for border art?
I have Microsoft Office2003 installed with a typical install on a HP pavillion lap top using Windows Vista. When I try to add custom border art I am offered a collection of pictures from clip art, but when I select a picture and try to insert it into the border art I get a message that says "Publisher can not find file. I have exactly the same installation on an older desktop computer running XP and I have no problem. One help file I found says that this results from moving files or installing a new hard drive - but I have done none of these things. Why can't Publisher find...

Project Accounting Billing
Does anyone know of a way to make Project Accounting Billing Multicurrency. Here is the challenge we are being faced with. Our functional currency is USD and we have customers abroad that we engage into projects with. On a time and materials project our resources hourly rates are negotiated with the customer in their foreign currency, however when we run billing is converts the hourly rates into the originating currency of the customer. Obviously the system thinks that the hourly rates that were entered are in USD and is then converting them to originating currency. Has anyone wr...

Where can I get some clear instructions about setting up forms on Excel
Where can I get some clear instructions about setting up forms on excel? thanks, Janev Not sure what kind of forms you want to set up. Would you like to check = out the following. http://www.contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html http://www.contextures.com/xlform01.html Epinn "Janev" <newcole@comcen.com.au> wrote in message = news:8ld4h2t51acbe968hpp52h3p8knd0ijb18@4ax.com... Where can I get some clear instructions about setting up=20 forms on excel? thanks, Janev http://www.microsoft.com/ExcelDev/Articles/sxs11pt1.htm Lesson 11: Creating a Custom Form Excerpted from Mic...

added features of RMS 2.0
Anyone have any info on what the new features of RMS 2.0 will be? Release date? ...

Win CE 6.0 and Bluetooth
Hi All, i tried to enable the Bluetooth function on a Windows Embedded CE 6.0 R2 (i. MX-based device). For connecting an USB-BT dongle I activated these SYSGENs: -SYSGEN_BTH_USB_ONLY -SYSGEN_BTH_PAN I also tried to additionally add the SYSGEN_BTH, but this seems to make no difference... After a clean SYSGEN I copied the image to the CE-system, started the system, put the USB-dongle (Anycom USB-500 or Delock EDR) in the port and oppend the BT-manager and pressed 'scan'. There were some BT devices found. So the 'basics' of the BT connection should work. But if i...

Money 3.0, Win XP, ALC<402c> -- a fix and a rant
What Have They Done To My Program?!?! by Doug Klunder [If you just want a possible fix to the ALC<402c> problem, skip to the bottom -- I'm going to rant first.] First, an introduction. I started using Microsoft Money on an almost daily basis over 14 years ago. Yes, that's well before Money 1.0 was released, or even in beta. I was the technical lead for the development of both Money 1.0 and Money 2.0, and was a strong believer in the theory that developers should actually use their own products -- it's a strong incentive to make useful features and fix bugs when it'...

MS Project server - Queries
I am considering purchasing MS Project server for my my Planner, we are a small office who are familiar with the basics (on MSP 2000) but have a few queries which are a little more detailed, I hope someone may able to advise on:- 1. Reporting - What are the options for importing and exporting documents and the number of format types, are they clear and easy to learn and use ? 2. Graphs - Is graphical data readily available, are there differing options of graphs and are the tools for producing them clear and easy to use ? 3. Sand pits - Are there areas where 'offline'...

I need to compare to columns and indicate the matches in another
am wanting to compare 2 columns for exact matching. If there are two matching items I want to be able to say "A match" in a chosen cell for all the ones that match. Column C will be retrived in an random order... so how would I write the formula for that????? Example: A B C 45time 11tune A match 11tune 89time 47doog 43jkjkj A match 123ABC 123ABC If possible include how to highlight the ones that make as another option. Thanks Try something like this: For a value list in B1:B5 and a ...

Exporting Tasks and Resources from MS Project 2007 to MS Excel
Hi there, I need to export the tasks and associated resource information to Excel but I am having trouble modifying the following Macro (I'm not a coder!). Essentially what I would like is to include the Resource Group and % Complete fields in the export. Here is the code I was able to find, I was able to modify some of it to include start and end dates. I'd appreciate any help! Thanks, S ------------------------------------- 'This module contains macros which will export 'tasks to excel and keep the task hierarchy. 'modify as necessary to include ...

Exchange upgrade #6
We recently upgraded from Exchange 2000 to 2003. Some users have recurring calendar appointments pulled across with the upgrade. When you click one of them the following error occurs 'Cannot read one instance of the recurring appointment, Close any appointments and try again, or recreate the appointment'. The application freezes and you have to crash out. Any help would be appreciated. How did you upgrade? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BBE8...

Avg % above 0%
How can I get the average percentage of a collumn of percentages without it including any 0%. e.g. A1=0% A2=100%, A3=70% if it averaged the 3 cells it would be 57% but if it only averaged A2:A3 it would be 85%. I may have several cells in the collumn which is showing 0% so how do I average just those above 0%. Can you use Avg if is there such a formula? Basically I have a collumn of attendance data which I am trying to get the avg of. sometimes it will be 0% because its a non expected attendance and sometimes it will be because they did not attend though they should have ...

MFC Project with /clr and CWinFormsControl
I have a VS2005 C++ MFC project that I modified to use /clr. The program still worked ok. Then using an example I found I created a button in a dialog box using CWinFormsControl<Button> Button1; and instantiated it in the dialog by using Button.CreateManagedControl I added a click event and all worked ok, so I thought great, now I can go for it. I then used CWinFormsControl<DataGrid> Grid1; and Grid1.CreateManagedControl (WS_VISIBLE | WS_CHILD, IDC_GRID1, this); The datagrid does display in my dialog, but I am unable to figure out how to load it or give it columns, et...

Advice on comparing data sets
Hi, Can anyone advise on how I can compare data on 1 sheet with dat compared on another. Example attached. I want to be able to show that whenever the UK is shown (can appea multiple times) on this sheet it checks on sheet2 and enter th corresponding band value in this case for the UK (show in cells B6, B8 will show band A SHEET1 Ref Country Band 1 UK 2 Germany 3 UK 4 France 5 Italy SHEET2 Country Band UK A GERMANY B ITALY B FRANCE D SWEDEN D DENMARK E As always thanks for your help. Simo +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: ...