How to change font style for highlighting using ITextDocument

Hello,
Using the Rich Edit Control I am able to change the font style at will for
text ranges but this causes the document to be flagged as modified which is
not what I want, how can I modify the font but not effect the modified flat?

Eli

0
eli (2)
8/1/2003 8:47:11 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>Using the Rich Edit Control I am able to change the font style at will for
>text ranges but this causes the document to be flagged as modified which is
>not what I want, how can I modify the font but not effect the modified flat?

Eli,

Have you considered calling CRichEditCtrl::SetModify to clear the
control's modified flag?

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
0

Cannot log in using WindowsID (was able to before)
I just bought MS Money 2007 Deluxe yesterday. The install went smooth, without any issues. I registered a new WindowsID and was able to successfully log into MS Money. However, today when I tried to log into MS Money, the messge apeared that the "Money was not able to recognize your WindowsID" or something like it and that "You will still have access to some functions but will not be able to make online updates". Now I'm not able to make updates. Any idea what this could be? Is the authentication server for WindowsID down or something? See the post under Mon...

Use Form button to move current record to another table
I have a database which consists of computer names and model numbers. As time goes on the computers get old and are no longer in use. I also have an identical table that I have been copying the old computers to. Once copied to the old computer database I delete the computer record from the current computer database. Is it possible to accomplish this task with one button? Say you had a button on each record called cmdArchive, and it's purpose is to move this record to an archive table, and delete that same entry from your current table. Each record should have a unique identifying ...

Can't use Merge feature
If I have a postcard file I've already made on the screen, when I try to pull up the "Merge" feature under Tools, it is shaded grey and I can't open it. It insists that I either form a new database list of addresses or edit the one that I want to merge. I don't want to edit the one I want to merge. I just want to MERGE it. If, however, I have just a postcard template on the screen (without it having been made into anything), I CAN pull up the "merge" feature under Tools. It is not shaded out. How do I un-shade the "merge" feature? To merg...

Default value of combo box based on another that uses DLookUp
Hi, I have a problem I'm trying to overcome regarding just one form which gets its data from 1 table. I'm trying to set the default value of a combo box to be the same as another combo box on the same form. The scenario is: I have a form for entering info about financial planning Statements Of Advice. Each client has a Plan Writer prepare their plan. To find the plan writer that last prepared the plan for a client I have a combo box with a DLookUp as its Control Source. =DLookUp("Plan_Writer","qryDefault_Planwriter","[Client]=Form![Client]") I'm usin...

Publisher 2000 changes default font
Having loaded Publisher 2000 onto a Win98 m/c I have discovered fonts used by Groupwise have changed. This implies that P2000 has changed the default font somewhere - any ideas please? How do I change the fonts in GroupWise http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10061270.htm -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "PS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1be4401c45220$f2b1b4a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Having loaded Publisher 2000 onto a Win98 m/c I have > discover...

How to use structured reference (ListColumns) in VBA
I want to do something simple...loop through a range retrieving values one at time and taking action on that value. This range is an Excel 2007 table column. Easy enough...BUT I want to use structured references to a table column by NAME, not numbers. I don't want to define new names, just use the table column headings. I've found ways of doing it with quotes, but that's not structured....the names in quotes do not change if the table heading is changed by the user. The formulas change if the table column heading is changed, but I want it to change in VBA to...

Font problem with Office 2004 for mac
I have Tiger, whenever I try to Launch any Office program, as the the menu loads to 'optimizing font menu performance' It pops up with 'The font " " has been corrupted and should be removed'. It does this with MANY fonts, many of which I don't even have in my font folder. It does this every time during the program start, and most times even if I go through clicking ok 40-60 times it will sometimes freeze up anyway. Anyway to fix, get around this problem? Please email me at madefornothing@yahoo.com. Hi, this problem affects quite a few users, and there'...

chart line style problem
I am making a scatter chart (with lines) in Excel 2007 under Vista. I can select a line style, for example, long dashes. However, if I try to change the axis (change from "automatic" to "fixed" on the horizontal axis), the line on the chart immediately becomes solid again. The legend still shows the proper dashing. I can get the dashing partly back by making the line thinner, but only where the variation is fastest - regions where the derivative is near zero are still solid even for thin lines. I'll appreciate any help! frank I was not able to reproduce this. Can you...

Column styles doesn't appear on the worksheet
Hello, one of my customers has changed the windows xp designs to its own. From this moment excel doesn't show the font color and the background color of a cell in the worksheet. Only in the print preview you can see the color settings of the cells. I'm not shure if this problem belongs to the changing of the windows xp designs, but from this moment it did occur. This occurs on new excel-documents and on existing ones. With another user account on the same machine the problem doesn't occur. I have reinstalled Office 2003 and even deleted user registry entries for Office...

Save As using contents of Cell in Name

How to obtain enumerated attribute declarations from a DTD using MSXML & VB?
I have a VB (VB6, not .NET) application that reads an XML file (using MSXML v3.2 parser); the XML file contains a reference to an external DTD. The DTD has numerous enumerated attribute declarations like so: <!ATTLIST MyElement MyAttribute (One | Two | Three) "One" > The VB code needs to generate dynamic pick-list for all the attributes that appear in the DTD as part of a data-entry application; each dynamically created pick list should contain all the allowable values for the attribute as defined by the DTD (and presented in some kind of multiple choice control like a comb...

hide/change color of selected row headings
Is it possible to hide the row heading numbers for selected rows (i.e. rows 51 and greater) for just the selected sheet? I'd like to have a color with no row heading number appear that matches the fill color I select for the adjacent cells. Secondly, any ideas as to how I can prevent the user from scolling further down than a certain point (i.e. row 51). Thanks in advance. Joe Row headings are either on or off, you can't hide some. However, you can achieve a similar effect by hiding *all* headings (Tools/Options/General) and putting the numbers 1:51 in A1:A51. to limit scro...

Using subtotals as single data entries
Sorry about the subject--I couldn't figure out how to describe it simply. I have a large file (16,000 records) of amounts billed by roughly 10,000 service providers. A number of these providers have multiple office locations, so each record is unique to a specific office location. In other words, a provider who billed from 3 different office locations will have 3 entries. Each provider has a unique provider ID number, which stays the same regardless of which office location he is billing from. I want to be able to subtotal the amount billed by each provider for all their office locations...

Using Risk+ with MSP 2007
We use Risk+ as a risk simulation tool. We have discovered that it works approximately 20 times SLOWER in MSP 2007 than MSP 2003. Has anyone else run into this problem. If so, is there a remedy? My hunch this not a generic issue, but surely best that you consult with the Risk+ people on this. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 02/03/10 18:08, Tom Mc wrote: > We use Risk+ as a risk simulation tool. We have discovered that it works > approximately 20 times SLOWER in MSP 2007 than MSP 2003. Has anyone else run > into this problem. If so, is there a remedy? W...

Using Excel in Mac office 2004 with Microsoft/Mac 2008:Analysis toolpack
Although I am disappointed with Office 2008 for Mac because of the absent of Analysis toolpack, I figured things out quite recently that I can still install my Mac office 2004 and use the excel package that contains the Analysis tool pack. How? ...... let me show you: 1. Insert your CD for Mac office 2004 2. When it open on your desk top, two options will be given to you to download the software (a) Office set-up assistant, and (b) Microsoft office 2004. 3. CHOOSE MICROSOFT OFFICE 2004 (Drag the icon onto your desk top) and it will start to run/download. 4. When done, this will appear as ...

changing a name in mulit parts of a document
I am setting up a word document. This will be used as a template In this document I wish to insert the same "name" throughtout this document. Is it possible to change the name in one spot and all of the others change automatically thanks See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>...

Default font in charts
Is there any way to change the default font in charts? ie, I'd like every axis and title to be 16pt Times New Roman right off the bat. Thanks. Alex "Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6096B69F-DCF5-4BB8-8158-433A4A416053@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to change the default font in charts? ie, I'd like every > axis and title to be 16pt Times New Roman right off the bat. Thanks. Set up a chart the way you want it to look. Right-click in its chart area and choose Chart Type. Click the Custom Types tab and hit the "set as default...