How to change content in dialog box?

I started a dialog-based project and want to change the pages of control
sets in the dialog like using tab control. But I don't want the tab control
apperance. I just want the whole page change to  another page like install
wizards. How can I achieve this? Thx a lot

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Alex" <alexcheung@perceptiondigital.com> wrote in message
> I started a dialog-based project and want to change the pages of control
> sets in the dialog like using tab control. But I don't want the tab
control
> apperance. I just want the whole page change to  another page like install
> wizards. How can I achieve this? Thx a lot

Use modeless child dialogs.
--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
jeffp (1711)
4/21/2004 3:08:09 AM
Then, if i want to change part of the contorl sets and retain part of them.
How to do this?

"Jeff Partch [MVP]" <jeffp@mvps.org> �b�l��
news:OUAhh30JEHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl �����g...

> Then, if i want to change part of the contorl sets and retain part of
them.
> How to do this?

Make each control set and alternate control set a modeless child dialog.
Create, show and hide those that you do or don't need as the situation
dictates. Otherwise, I guess you're left with ShowWindow on the individual
controls, and possibly CreateWindow[Ex].
--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
jeffp (1711)
4/21/2004 3:30:16 AM
    You can use the CPropertySheet / CPropertyPage MFC classes in wizard
mode.
    Group your controls in various property pages and make sure you call the
SetWizardMode( ) member function in the Sheet's constructor.

--
Cheers
Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP]

"Alex" <alexcheung@perceptiondigital.com> wrote in message
> I started a dialog-based project and want to change the pages of control
> sets in the dialog like using tab control. But I don't want the tab
control
> apperance. I just want the whole page change to  another page like install
> wizards. How can I achieve this? Thx a lot

0
CheckAbdoul

External data link change

Why does the change change to a number?

Using HTML content as a Signature on Outlook 2000
Hi All, Have a HTML file that I need to setup as my signature in Outlook. I have been able to copy the Source, but the Preview Pane, and also the New Email window lists the Source and not the Resultant output. Have tried the above setting using the Message Format as HTML. Would appreciate assistance on the same. Warm Regards, Amar ...

PC Dead, XP HD to new box
My XP PC died. I bought a new PC, Exchanged HD's, but XP will not complete boot up, It gets to recognizing there is new hardware and asks: "New hardware found, do you want to Install??" And " Do you want broadband or Dial-up?" The Old XP PC had PS/2 Keyboard & PS/2 mouse. New has USB Keyboard & mouse. I would suspect that is at least the 'new hardware' found. I can't answer the question as the new PC does not pass the input from USB input to the old XP system. IS THERE, a way to use the new PC's Windows 7 64bit home ...

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Track Changes

Excel should have the option to merge contents when merging cells.
When Excel merges cells, it keeps only the upper-left-most contents and deletes the others. It would be nice to have the option (maybe a toggle button in the options menu) to concatenate the contents of all the merged cells, so that the information in the lower-right cells is tacked onto the end of the information inthe upper-left-most cell. This is not a big deal, but it would be a nice bell/whistle to save some steps. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I...

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

How to change newsgroup message font

Adding Lines And Boxes, etc. To A Chart ?
Hello, Will blame it on my age. Using Excel 2007 (or, at least trying to) and XP. When I have a chart page opened up, how do I get it to show the bar on the bottom (that the real old versions had) that allows one to click on one of its icons shown to "draw" lines, arrowed lines, boxes, add text with a box, etc on the chart itself ? Thanks, Bob Hi, With the chart selected you can use the Insert tab > Illustrations > Shapes. To add shapes to the chart. Textbox is in the Text group of the Insert tab. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypo...

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

icon changes with change of extension

Combo Box on Forms
Hi, I am using a combo box on a form that has several items w/ one being Other. If the user selects other I want them to be able to input what they want so that it will go into the table instead of just the "Other". I just am not really sure on how to do that. Can you help? Thanks, Jaime In design view click on VIEW - Properties and the the combo. Then change Limit To List to No. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "jseger22@yahoo.com" wrote: > Hi, > > I am using a combo box on a form that has several items w/ one being > Other. If the use...

modal dialog behind application window
Hi, I am using a dialog as the main application window for my MFC app. At one point, clicking a button that is located on a child window of the main dialog is supposed to bring up a modal dialog that acts like a message box. I create the dialog and call DoModal and it seems to be appearing behind the main window. These are the symptoms: the application appears to be locked up. Attempting to interact with the main window has the same effect as it would if there were a modal dialog over it. Pressing the Alt button, for whatever odd reason, brings the modal dialog to the front. I...

Field Type Change

WM_KEYDOWN and Dialog Apps
I am a rank beginner at MFC and am now stuck on the Dialog App problem related to using WM_KEYDOWN. This seems to be a repeated question here but I don't understand the suggested solutions well enough to make them work. For example; http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;117563 http://www.codeguru.com/mfc/comments/21619.shtml These discuss the two solutions that are often mentioned here in this newsgroup which involve the use of; ProcessMessageFilter(int code, LPMSG lpMsg); or... PreTranslateMessage(MSG* pMsg); However I've tried both now but they do n...

Tracking Changes

Save Changes? #2