How to add buttons to CListCtrl on top of header?

Hi,

How to add buttons to CListCtrl on top of header.
0
srikadi (8)
10/29/2008 4:28:57 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I would do it by putting the list control in a dialog and just putting other
buttons on top of it.  You could also put one in a CFormView if you want it
in a view.  Then you can put other controls anywhere you want.

Tom

"srikadi" <srikadi@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> How to add buttons to CListCtrl on top of header.

0
tom.nospam (3240)
10/29/2008 4:48:21 AM
On Oct 29, 9:48=A0am, "Tom Serface" <tom.nos...@camaswood.com> wrote:
> I would do it by putting the list control in a dialog and just putting ot=
her
> buttons on top of it. =A0You could also put one in a CFormView if you wan=
t it
> in a view. =A0Then you can put other controls anywhere you want.
>
> Tom
>
> "srikadi" <srik...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi,
>
> > How to add buttons to CListCtrl on top of header.- Hide quoted text -

Hi,
thanx for reply..already i have tried with CFormView,when i added
CListview to it,the list is adding to the database..but not showing to
the user.Is it possible to add one view inside other view?.
0
srikadi (8)
10/29/2008 5:04:44 AM
Adding a view inside another view would surely be harder than almost any
other solution.

It sounds like you have a CListView class already implemented that you are
trying to use. My guess is that you will need to modify that code if it
doesn't work and appear the way you need it to.

--
Jonathan Wood
SoftCircuits Programming

On Oct 29, 9:48 am, "Tom Serface" <tom.nos...@camaswood.com> wrote:
> I would do it by putting the list control in a dialog and just putting
> other
> buttons on top of it. You could also put one in a CFormView if you want it
> in a view. Then you can put other controls anywhere you want.
>
> Tom
>
> "srikadi" <srik...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi,
>
> > How to add buttons to CListCtrl on top of header.- Hide quoted text -

Hi,
thanx for reply..already i have tried with CFormView,when i added
CListview to it,the list is adding to the database..but not showing to
the user.Is it possible to add one view inside other view?.

0
jwood (1291)
10/29/2008 12:21:49 PM
You can just open the form view dialog and drag the list control from the
toolbox to set it up. Then you can resize it anywhere you want on the
dialog.

The list view is just an encapsulation that expands a list control to a
whole window.  You don't want to use that in a dialog.

Tom

"srikadi" <srikadi@gmail.com> wrote in message
On Oct 29, 9:48 am, "Tom Serface" <tom.nos...@camaswood.com> wrote:
> I would do it by putting the list control in a dialog and just putting
> other
> buttons on top of it. You could also put one in a CFormView if you want it
> in a view. Then you can put other controls anywhere you want.
>
> Tom
>
> "srikadi" <srik...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi,
>
> > How to add buttons to CListCtrl on top of header.- Hide quoted text -

Hi,
thanx for reply..already i have tried with CFormView,when i added
CListview to it,the list is adding to the database..but not showing to
the user.Is it possible to add one view inside other view?.

0
tom.nospam (3240)

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

CToolBarCtrl.Customize() dialog could delete button but not insert
CToolBarCtrl.Customize() dialog could delete button but not insert A CToolBar is created during FrameWindow::OnCreate(), In response to a Menu of Customize tool bar, Add handle to this Menu by GetToolBarCtrl plus ToolBarCtrl.Customize(). As you know if the Framewindow does not response to the WM_NOTIFY of TBN_QUERYINSERT message with result of TRUE, the Tool bar customize dialog screen will gone with a flash. So add two handle in Framewindow of TBN_QUERYINSERT and TBN_QUERYDELETE, now the tool bar customize dialog display correctly. You can delete the button, buttons deleted display in the B...

Excel Add Ins

Hiding/Unhiding several lines at the click of a button
Is there a code i could implement into my sheets to unhide or hide the same line on several sheets I want to enter the line number into a cell Press a button called either 'HIDE' or 'UNHIDE' The code selects the line number entered in the cell on all sheets and either hides or unhides them. Thanks Mally -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Mally" <mallybee69@aol.com> wrote in message news:039701c3c2e3$2f0b4ba0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a code ...

Add on

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Outlook 2003 Delete Button
A user recently had Outlook 2003 reinstalled. Originally (he says) that he could click on a message in the inbox and and delete the message by clicking on the X key on the standard toolbar and that this would automatically take him into the next message. This is not happening now. Instead he deletes the message and he is brought back into the Inbox where he has to double-click on the next message to open it. Is there a way to set this delete command so that after it deletes it automatically goes to the next message in that same window withour having to go back into the inbox agai...

CListCtrl derived class and disabling item selection
Hello everybody. I have a CListCtrl derived class wich is also owner draw. Now I need to disable selecting items. So user should be able to see the list and be able to scroll it and everything. But selecting items should be disabled. I wrote a handle for OnLButtonDown which give me an opportunity to handle mouse button clicking and so user can't select the item by mouse. But it is still possible by arrows. I tried to handle VKeyToItem but it aseems never get called. So in my case how can I disable selecting items by arrows also. Or is there any better way to do that all together? PS...

Delete button missing on HQ Global Customers list
I have a strange problem with HQ Manager. All PC's and Server are running HQ 1.3.1002. When all but one user with admin level access opens HQ Manager, enters maintenance mode, and clicks Database, Global Customers, the Delete button is visible for a split second and then vanishes. The one user that can see and use the Delete button can use it from any PC, so it appears to be related to the user account, except that the button is missing when running HQ Manager on the Server. As far as I can tell, the users that cannot see the Delete button have exactly the same permissions and level. There...

Format text to add character

Add File menu to custom toolbar

Disableing items in CLIstCtrl
Hello, Is there a way to disable an item in CListCtrl so that the item is gray out and a user won't be able to select it. Thank You! At this point I think you have to go to an owner-draw list control and do it yourself. You also have to prevent the selection from happening. joe On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:03:17 -0400, "Ririko Horvath" <horvathr@securemethods.com> wrote: >Hello, > > Is there a way to disable an item in CListCtrl so that the item is gray >out and a user won't be able to select it. > >Thank You! > Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]...

add a DC in a LegSite

Use the X button on a userform
I know how to disable the X button on a userform but I was wondering if there was a possibility that when it is used that it opens the userform splash? Thanks in advance Greg Hi Greg Private Sub UserForm_QueryClose(Cancel As Integer, CloseMode As Integer) If CloseMode <> 1 Then Splash.Show End If End Sub HTH Cordially Pascal "Greg B" <laptopgb@ihug.com.au> a �crit dans le message de news: d69ece$9v3$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... >I know how to disable the X button on a userform but I was wondering if > there was a possibility that when it is used that it opens the us...

Worker's Comp Report Doesn't need a page header between wc codes
V9 has added a page header between Worker's Comp Codes. We have 3 page headers on page 4 for example...another increase in report length. I just noticed the Days Worked column is the one that always has zero's. I wrote in a previous "suggestion" that it was Hours Worked. We could lose the Days Worked columnand have room on one line again for a person instead of ID and name on one line and data on the line below it. This make it very difficult to work with. Thank you very much. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the ...

excel add-ons

Custom Button #2
Hi I need help to creat custom Button for some of my item code/Item description What sould I put on Comand ? Hello: http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/RetailManagementSystem/rms_create_custom_button.mspx Wilfredo "Gill" wrote: > Hi > I need help to creat custom Button for some of my item code/Item description > What sould I put on Comand ? Don't know if you found your answer but this is how you do it: Leave ItemID as 0 and just put in the ItemLookupCode, if you want a Matrix put in the MatrixLookupCode. PerformAddItem 0, ITEMLOOKUPCODE, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0 Rob ...

Creating a search button/macro..google style..
Hallo guys, I have a set of raw data to work with: I'd like to know any functions/macros to buld some sort of 'searc engine' that coud direct me to the data.. e.g. sheet 1 raw data: a b c d 1 a1 b1 c1 d1 2 a2 b2 c2 d2 3 ... ... ... ... 4 ... ... ... ... sheet 2 search: search box/button/etc search:_a1__________ enter result: a 1 *a1* I hope you understand what I need, is not a very simple task.. -- nixis0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- nixis00's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&a...

Map Add-On?