How implement Save as...

I'm developping with Vicual C++ 6.0. My application is a dialog based.
I create two buttons, the first one named "Save as" the second one
named "Print". Using "Save as" button I would like to save the dialog
as file.bmp, using "print" button I would like to print the dialog by
default printer.

I found some example to capture the desktop but I don't want that, I
would capture the dialog, no the desktop.

Can anyone help me???

Thanks in advance
mais
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

See my article on how to capture any window as a bitmap. I put it in the clipboard, but
you would ignore that part of the code.

Places like www.codeproject.com have subroutines that, given a bitmap, will save it as a
file by putting in all the right header information.
				joe

On 6 Apr 2004 05:45:26 -0700, apannocchia@inwind.it (mais76) wrote:

>I'm developping with Vicual C++ 6.0. My application is a dialog based.
>I create two buttons, the first one named "Save as" the second one
>named "Print". Using "Save as" button I would like to save the dialog
>as file.bmp, using "print" button I would like to print the dialog by
>default printer.
>
>I found some example to capture the desktop but I don't want that, I
>would capture the dialog, no the desktop.
>
>Can anyone help me???
>
>Thanks in advance
>mais

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15973)

How to implement this?
Greetings, I want to check if current application is the active window, if not, then I want the window blink. Just like MSN receives a new message when it is not active. How to implement that? My target platform is Win2K. Evan "music4" <music4@163.net> wrote in message news:Os85ecxTGHA.424@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Greetings, > > I want to check if current application is the active window, if not, then > I > want the window blink. Just like MSN receives a new message when it is not > active. How to implement that? My target platform is Win2K. GetForegr...

Implementing Single Sign On #2
Thanks Mark & BigHaig, I tried it but its not working yet.I use SSL for my OWA authentication i.e https://servername/exchange.Could this be why its not working? -- Buchi On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 12:40:04 -0700, "Buchi" <Buchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Thanks Mark & BigHaig, >I tried it but its not working yet.I use SSL for my OWA authentication i.e >https://servername/exchange.Could this be why its not working? Yes absolutley. You didn't say about making that switch on your previous posts. You must enter credentials when you use SSL. ...

save with a macro
is it possible to build a macro in which it is possible to save a a file with a fixed name and a variable date (today date)? Sub NameFile() Const strFile as String = "FixedPart" ActiveWorkbook.SavesAs Filename:= strFile & _ Format(Date,"mmddyyyy") & ".xls" End Sub Tested using Excel 97SR2 on Windows 98SE, HTH Paul -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Be advised to back up your WorkBook before attempting to make changes. ---------------------------------------------------...

Saving in a new record
Hello i know it might sound a little bit too easy but i just can´t find the way of saving some information in a new record of a table. I have a form with some combo boxes and lists with filled information. When preessing a command button i want to save this information to a table1. each combo box in an specific field. I dont know if there is an specific command or how can I get these values written in a new record in my table. I would appreciate some advice. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200706/1 Provided that the for...

How to implement CCheckListBox
How does one correctly implement CCheckListBox? Dhe docs say to derive your own class and then call Create(); I tried to do that. My code is the following in a file StdChkListBox.h: #include <afxwin.h> class CStdChkListBox : Public CCheckListBox { public: } The error returned was was error c2504: Public: base class undefined CCheckListBox is defined in afxwin.h, right? how come it isn't working? Any idea? C++ is case sensitive. Try 'public' instead of 'Public'. Something like class CStdChkListBox : public CCheckListBox { } -- Cheers Check ...

Cannot save .doc as .docx
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel None of the other threads I can find in the forum address this problem. I'm working with Word 12.2.3 in OS X Leopard 10.5.8. <br><br>I have a very large manuscript that originally was a .doc file, which contained images and links, then at some point (through many revisions and attempts at debugging Word hang-ups and saving problems), it got saved as a .docx files. <br><br>Then Word started arbitrarily refusing to save the document in the .docx format, with the error message about needing t...

Temp files saving in word & alphabetical filing
Hi, just recently when saving word docs, it also seems to be saving a 'ghosted out' temp file copy as well. If i delete it, it deletes the original copy. Can anyone explain why this has started happening and how to stop it please. Also, in my folders, my files will not save in alphabetical/numerical order any more, they used to and when my colleagues open the same folders, they don't have the temp files and it's filed alphabetically. I really would appreciate any help with this. -- Many thanks, Lisa There are two or three things going on here. To get your fi...

save the workbook in the default file format in 2007 excel
Hi every one Good Day I have 2003 excel file with many sheet after I save my file with save the workbook in the default file format in 2007 excel my excel file be came blank. How can I recover my data Bset Regards Salim ...

Windows Sockets implementation
I have used Winsock2 for my application to communicate with the device over TCPIP socket.I get the following sequence of events . 1. The Application that runs the Client socket is alive.But after about 24 hrs. the network connectivity for the Machine is disabled. 2. On further investigation of the issue I found that in the Event viewer the event has been noted as Event ID -2019 and the note alongside is "The server was unable to allocate from the system nonpaged pool because the pool was empty." Do help me out with this. As I have no clue as to why it behaves so. "Rohan Bh...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Implementation For Large Corporation (August 2006)
How Microsoft CRM 3.0 could contribute and be a part of its computer environment. (Sales Module, MS CRM Security, Integration with Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0/Microsoft Great Plains,Integration with IBM Lotus Notes Domino ,International Considerations, Competition) http://microsoft-crm-3.blogspot.com/2006/08/microsoft-dynamics-crm-30.html ...

In folder other than the inbox save replies with original message option
Outlook 2002/2003 "In folder other than the inbox save replies with original message" option. The saved message's FROM field is empty. once I drag it to the inbox, the FROM address shows. I tried this on 2002 and 2003, same issue. Can someone explain why this is? or is it a bug? thank you is the from address shown in the view? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net...

drop down list
I need to report the values selected on the drop-down list. Is there a way to store my values somewhere? How do I do this? Thanks! Is this a data validation dropdown list? Is there only one, and you want to store the data every time a selection is made from that dropdown? Where is the dropdown, and where do you want to store the data? Michelle K wrote: > I need to report the values selected on the drop-down list. Is there a way > to store my values somewhere? How do I do this? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Updated data won't display until file saved
A colleague of mine is having problems with her files. When she pastes new data the file does not update with the new numbers or formulas until after she saves the file. Is there anyway to fix this? It kind of sounds like she has calculation set to manual. Tools|options|calculation tab (is where you can check & set to automatic) When you're in there checking, you'll see an option for "recalculate before save" if you have calculation set to manual. (and be aware that excel picks up this setting with the first workbook that's opened in that session--she might get...

CANNOT SAVE
my document is not saving on the desktop icon file when using the save as. I have to save to a disk in the a drive then back to the desk top icon. Also, when I search for all files the file name is not coming up, but it is still there. Sounds like you are opening the file from the floppy --- You need to copy it using Explorer, open excel and open the copy on your HD, then save to your HD and if you need to go back to the floppy -- copy to the floppy using Explorer HTH "clt" <clt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3EC48FC0-8EA5-4432-A61C-98254F0E0EF4@micros...

Saving tab delineated text files
Is there a way to save/export excel files as a tab delineated text (.txt) file WITHOUT any added "frills"? What I mean is that some of the cells contain text that contains a comma and I do not want excel to put quotes around this data; another program reading this text file won't understand the quotes. Also it would be helpful if a tab delineated between rows instead of a carriage return. Larry, Get the Text Write Program at www.tushar.mehta.com. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Larry" &l...

daylight savings
It may be daylight savings. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891338 <liza500@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1194136530.568416.240790@y27g2000pre.googlegroups.com... > It may be daylight savings. > > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891338 If referring to the current Live ID login problem, that's possible but improbable. More likely is a problem on a server managed by Microsoft. Whatever you do, it's inadvisable to try to change the password on the Live ID stored in Money. Doing so will make the password stored on Microsoft's server, and the one stored in you...

Document won't save
I have a multi-sheet workbook that has numerous buttons which have macros assigned to them. Clicking on the button sends the user to a particular spreadsheet, prints a spreadsheet, etc. All the buttons work fine. However, recently when I attempt to save the file (either via File Save As or Save), I get a message box saying the document is not saved. Same error message if I attempt to save to a new file name. The workbook is not protected. Any suggestions? I suspect the macros assigned to the buttons because if I disable the macros, the file will save. Of course then I lose the macros...

SAVE PASSWORDS!!!
Hi Outlook 2002 for Windows XP does not save passwords for POP3 accounts. After searching through the discussion forums, I have found and tried the following KB articles http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;25941 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q26467 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=29068 http://windows-help.net/WindowsXP/troub-01.htm THEY DONT FIX IT!! Windows update says that there are no service packs to be installed, so, I know I have all the latest ones installed There has to be a solution for this and Im sure there are many others facing t...

Want to Save Popup Started on its own
I have a test file that I put macros in. It has recently started the pop up "Do you want to save changes in test.xls" when no changes have been made. I have no auto macro and the only change before this started happening was a change to the pagesetup line in one macro. What do I look for. Thanks very much. To start, you can look for RAND functions or current date/time functions. "Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:014001c3d60d$107a3830$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have a test file that I put macros in. It has recently > s...

Yahoo! DomainKeys Implementation
So, my company has been noticing a large portion of our email sent externally is now ending up in 'Spam' and 'Bulk' email folders. We have a current and valid SPF record and are not listed on any blacklists. From my research, I have found all our emails are not signed with Yahoo!'s DomainKeys signature; which many front-end 3rd party spam filters are looking for...especially Yahoo! and MSN mailboxes. I have Googled until my eyes have bled and can find only general information pertaining to DomainKeys but virtually nothing on how to implement DomainKeys in our Exchan...

How do you set up Excel to do Auto Recovery save at shorter inter.
How do you set up Excel to do Auto Recovery save at shorter intervals Hi you may try the following addin: http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm (look for AutoSafe.zip, not autosafeVBE.zip, for your purposes.) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "natasha" <natasha@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:77616FB0-A7FA-4A60-8680-150BAE459A93@microsoft.com... > How do you set up Excel to do Auto Recovery save at shorter intervals Natasha To set the Autorecovery interval go to Tools>Options>Save and change the interval under "Settings". N...

Save your changes message when exiting...
Our IT company just installed Office 2003. Now whenever I open an Excel spreadsheet it prompts me to "save my changes" even though none have been made. This is very agravating as I have many, many interruptions in a day, and am concerned that this message will lead me to believe I have done something I really haven't! Thank you... Hi G; if the spreadsheet has stayed the same, and only the office version has changed, then I don't know, but there are functions that evaluate when you open the workbook. Heres a list of them to see if your worksheets have any of them, that wou...

saving the value of a calculated field
On a payments form I have (currency) fields for different payments, ie Membership, Pins, Contributions, etc. As I enter the amounts in each field the Total Payment field automatically updates. It works just fine as I enter the individual amounts -- I can see the correct total change on the form; however, the total does not get saved when I close the form. In the table view I can see the individual amounts, but the total is empty. Here's what I have for the Data Control Source for TotalAmount: =[MembershipAmount]+[DecalAmount]+[PinAmount]+[ColectaAmount] What must I do to save the to...

big problem *(no save ...
.... i don't know where else to tern. my vista wun't save files when i delete a file then restart it cums bck. been a it ovah 2 months.hlp pls. -- sid .... i don't fuckin' care -- sid ...

Cursor position after saving
After saving my Excel 2003 file, the cursor keeps returning to cell d18 (empty cell) and not where I left it at A1. This means that the data is not visible when I return to the page. I have made sure that all cells around the data are empty, so am puzzled why this is happening. Any ideas please? Jim Is the sheet protected and D18 unlocked and A1 locked? Otto "JimK" <JimK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFB2B21E-A3C4-431B-9F54-CB704944B4D2@microsoft.com... > After saving my Excel 2003 file, the cursor keeps returning to cell d18 > (em...