How do I tell what HDC has a HBITMAP selected?

How do I tell which HDC has a specific HBITMAP selected? I am using the
ImageList_GetImageInfo() function to get direct access to the HBITMAP in the
imagelist. The problem is the system keeps this bitmap selected into a
memory DC, so I can't select it into my DC to perform a BitBlt from it.
There is a KB article that tells me to use the CopyImage function. CopyImage
is terribly slow. Any ideas?

0
nobody8050 (131)
10/14/2004 3:31:53 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

How to tell what folder an Opened Email is in ?
I use Google Desktop to find emails sometimes. (I have zillions saved in Outlook in various Outlook email folders) When Google Desktop finds the email it lets me open it in Outlook... But... I can't tell what Outlook Email Folder it is in. I could let Outlook search all my email folders but Google Desktop is so much faster. Can anyone tell me how, once an email is open in Outlook, to tell what Outlook folder it is in? thanks for any help. outlook doesn't have any way of showing you that information. It's better to use fewer folders and other mail management features lik...

Select whose birthday is in a certain month
Hello, How can we make a parameter query to know whose birthdays are in March for example. What is the VBA in the form query. In this forum it is explain to filter from start date and end date, but what we need is to select birthday by month. Thanks in advance -- H. Frank Situmorang See the following sample database: http://www.datastrat.com/Download/Birthday2K.zip -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Frank Situmorang" <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:CAA42C71-06A5-4157-87DD-529C40A2C94F@...

Mouse move selection
A Windows interface question, here for want of finding anywhere better: (In eg an MDI document) when you hold the left mouse button down and move the mouse, it creates a selected area. When you move the mouse outside the client area it scrolls the window to increase the area. The scrolling is faster (within limits) as the mouse goes further away from the client area. This is a standard Windows interface. Problem: if a document has (eg) a very large horizontal extent, and the window and its parent are maximised, then effectively there is no "outside area" to enable one to a...

summarizing selected data on a grid
I have a grid that I use to define attributes. I want to summarize only the selected "types" (i'm just using "x" to select on my grid). For example, by taking: A B C Type1 x Type2 x x Type3 x Type4 x x Type5 x x I want to output: A Type1 Type2 Type5 With similar output's for B & C. I could do it with if statements, but it's a pretty big grid, so I have a lot of blank rows. Is there a better way? Thanks. Hi! Have a look at your post: I suspect it has not reproduced as yo intended. The table of x's doesn't seem to match the scri...

Selecting multiple public folders
Hi, I'm running Exch2003 and Outlook 2003. I need to add a user to a group of public folders. In both Outlook and Exchange System manager I can only select one folder at a time. Is there any way around this problem? regards, Pete Pete Halasovski <pjh43@cam.ac.uk> wrote: > Hi, > > I'm running Exch2003 and Outlook 2003. I need to add a user to a > group of public folders. In both Outlook and Exchange System manager > I can only select one folder at a time. Is there any way around this > problem? > regards, > > Pete Set up your permissions on the...

Selective Column deletion #2
Hi, I'm not real familiar with writing code in Excel, so my question is probably fairly simple. I'm working with Census data and before importing it into SAS I want to clean it up a bit in Excel. The problem is that the Census summary tables give me three columns of information (an upper, lower, and estimate), when I only need one (estimate). The matrices I work with a usually in the 52x2000 range, so it gets very tedious to delete them by hand. Can excel handle a 'delete if' or 'select if, then delete' type of command. something like: delete if (column(contains(uppe...

Print Selection in Word
Attempts to print a highlighted area via print "Selection" fails when that area includes a "Heading" Style along with a "Normal" style. No error, the print job is just not created. Seen in Word 2003 and 2007. Thanks in advance. Try updating the printer driver. Simply reinstalling the driver would also be worth trying. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "dkt" <dkt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8CECF80-1D2D-4911-AA51-AADF78FB4FFE@microsoft.com... > Attempts to print a highlighted area via print "S...

Account not selected when coverting leads
There are 3 options to chose when converting a lead - account, contact and opportunity. If you do not select the account, can you do so at another time? Is there any way to create the account after converting if it was not selected? The Opportunity has to be linked to a particular account as it is a required field in Opportunity. The best thing to do is to create a default account and call it "None" or anything you like and get the users to set the opportunities that has no accounts when creating the opportunities to it as a temp account then insert the correct info in the...

Outlook Freezing tell Exchange service restarted.
Server: Windows NT Small Business Exchange 5.5 SP4 NOTE: The server is also a SQL server, InterBase, and a Norton's Anti-Virus server. Client: Windows 2000 Pro Outlook/Office 2000 Norton's Anti-Virus Problem: About once to twice a week outlook (on all clients 30+) will not connect to the exchange server or outlook is connecting but it's freezing on the client computers. Temp fix: Restart the Exchange service on the server. Dose any one know how to fix the problem so that I don't have to keep restarting the exchange service? I fixed the problem: I stopped the Microsoft Lic...

Passing a variable to a select query.
Hi all, I am trying to select cmr from Customer table and pass this variable [Cust] to a query. When I open the form to select the customer it gets copied into the variable. So far no problem. When the OpenQuery executes, it asks for the parameter again. Class module linked to my forms option button : Private Sub Option2_Click() Dim Cust Set Cust = Cmr DoCmd.OpenQuery "CustBal", acNormal, acEdit End Sub Custbal query : PARAMETERS Cust Text; SELECT TbTrans1.Tranid, TbTrans1.Cmr, TbTrans1.date, TbTrans1.Amount FROM TbTrans1 WHERE Tbtrans1.Cmr LIKE '*' & [Cust] & ...

Changing Requirement Levels when a Regarding entity is selected
Hi there, I was wondering if it is possible to change a field from a business recommended to a Business Required mode when a custom entity is selected on the Regarding lookup field. Lebo Hello, A lot is possible with the OnChange event of fields. However dynamically setting the required level is not possible, because the RequiredLevel is a readonly field. I suggest putting some JavaScript code in the OnSave event of the activity form. It does not set the field to Business Required. However you will be able to perform additional checks on fields. And it is fully supported. For more ...

Select Case
Hi I have a text box on a form so user can write a password I also have a button here what I want If the user put "123" and click the button, form "Employees" open if the user put "abc" and click the button, form "Customers" open if the user put "xxx" anc click the button, form "Products" open I know I should use the select case method, but I don't know how to do it, how to create the code, how to start Should I create a statement and then on the "click" event of the button put someting like "call the statemen...

SELECT FROM Query name
I am using a SELECT statement as a rowsource on a form listbox. I have a query named 01-Accounts Query and the SELECT stmt reads as follows... SELECT 01-Accounts_Query.Name, 01-Accounts_Query.Date FROM 01-Accounts_Query I get a syntax error in query message. How do I fix this? gator wrote: >I am using a SELECT statement as a rowsource on a form listbox. I have a >query named 01-Accounts Query and the SELECT stmt reads as follows... > >SELECT 01-Accounts_Query.Name, 01-Accounts_Query.Date FROM 01-Accounts_Query > >I get a syntax error in query message...

Who could tell me?
Hello all: I create a single document,and it is running ,and now I want to get some information on it through another application, except hWnd for CView and CFrameWnd what I could get some information for CDocument and CWinApp?Thanks. As far as running slow, it would be extraordinarily difficult to say what that is given that you haven't even told us what is "running" or "slow". You cannot access CDocument, CWinApp, or any other object from another application. Applications run in completely different memory spaces and, even if you passed a pointer, it would...

Move Selection after Enter
Is it possible to have the Move Selection after Enter setting in Options - Edit be set per xls file. I like the selection to move Down after Enter but I have one file that I would like the selection to move to the Right after Enter. Thanks, Marty You can use a macro to set it for this particular workbook, first create the code open the workbook where you want to have this happen, then do tools>macro>record new macro do tools>options>edit and change from the default down to right, click OK while still recording repeat and turn move down on again, stop the macro press alt + F1...

How do I print selected rows?
I want to select some rows from two different worksheet pages and have them print out on the same piece of paper ( I get one row printed out per sheet of paper right now?) I want all selected rows to print out on the same piece of paper. Thanks -- kmf On a temporary basis you could open a third worksheet and copy and paste the required data. If you want this on a more permanent basis you could open a third worksheet and pull the required data in using a formula. Regards. Bill Ridgeway Computer Solutions "kmf" <kmf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF3...

delay when selecting messages
I have two users on Outlook 2003 (using Exchange) and when they click on some messages they come right up, and when they click on some there's a delay and Outlook seems to hang before bringing up the message. The system is still responsive otherwise, and I've tried disabling the Symantec Antivirus (corporate) add-in, but that made no change. Both are using Windows XP SP2 and Outlook has the reading pane disabled. Outlook in Safe Mode works fine. Any idea what else I could look at to find out what is going on? Anybody? "Jeremy Dennis" <jeremydennis@community.nospam&...

if this pay, please tell me .hope not swindle!
http://richptr.net/pages/index.php?refid=websp ...

Update using SELECT
Hi, Can anyone help me how to Update an existing SQL Server 2008 table using the following select statement: SELECT TOP 1 SNAME, COUNT(*)[SNAME_CNT] FROM ConusSolLyr WHERE TAXCL <> ' ' AND TAXOR = 'Alfisols' GROUP BY SNAME ORDER BY SNAME_CNT DESC I'd like to update TaxOrder table's SNAME field with the resulting value of SNAME from the above select statement. Thanks so much in advance. Hi Use common table expression WITH cte AS ( SELECT COUNT() OVER (PARTITION BY SNAME ),[SNAME_CNT] ,SNAME FROM ConusSolLyr WHERE TAXCL <> '...

How to tell...?
....which classes can be derived from, rather than directly being used in MFC? (I know so far CAsyncSocket and CWinThread can't...) Can't what? It is common to derive classes from CAsyncSocket and CWinThread. Derivation is a property of C++, not of MFC. While deriving your own subclass of CString has a number of problems, pretty much any other class can be derived from. joe On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 23:11:31 -0700, "nly" <nlyee2001@yahoo.com> wrote: >...which classes can be derived from, rather than directly being used in >MFC? (I know so far CAsyncSocket and...

How tell when on line access WILL expire?
Is there a way to tell from within Money 2005 Standard when the on line access will expire? I know it's 2 years, or Sep 1, 2007 or later, but that doesn't help, because... I do know the current install date on my machine, following hard drive failure. But that was a reinstall, and I was wondering if the money data files (which I used from backup after the reinstall of the program), carry the expire date. TIA Jim On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 15:48:58 -0600, kaplan3jiim@comcast.net wrote: >Is there a way to tell from within Money 2005 Standard when the on >line access will expire? I ...

Combo Box
I have a form with a couple combo boxes on them that I am using as criteria for a query's parameters... I have the path and name of the combo boxes as my query's criteria... all that is working fine... now what I am wanting to do is to have an option to 'select or unselect all' from the combo box... any ideas are always appreciated... Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200710/1 Set the combo box default to Null. Have criteria --- [Forms]![YourFormName]![ComboName] OR Is Null -- KARL DEWEY Bu...

Select all in a continous form
Access 2003 Vista Business Mainform = MailingLabels Subform = Transactions In [Transactions] I have a text field named [Printed]. In my Mainform I have a checkbox called [Selectall]. Is it possible to have ALL records in [Transactions]![Printed] = "Yes" when [MailingLabels]![Selectall] checkbox is checked? On Dec 20, 1:10 pm, Ryan Tisserand <RyanTisser...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Access 2003 > Vista Business > > Mainform = MailingLabels > Subform = Transactions > > In [Transactions] I have a text field named [Printed]. In my Mainform I ...

who could tell me how to solve it?
I wrote some code about communication comm port and thread using vc6.0,please look: void CD11::OnButton1() { iPaint=4; CMainApp *p =(CMainApp *)AfxGetApp(); HWND m_hDlg=p->Dlg->m_hWnd; ::SendMessage(m_hDlg,WM_PAINT,0,0); } CEvent g_event; void CDlg::OnPaint() { CPaintDC dc(this); // device context for painting switch(iPaint) { case 0: break; case 4: strBaud=(iBaud==0?"1200":"9600"); if(m_MSComm.GetPortOpen()) { m_MSComm.SetPortOpen(false); } ::Sleep(300); m_MSComm.SetCommPort(iComm); iPaint=0; break; } // Do not call CDialog::...

TIP: Dynamic chart selection without code
magine * a workbook with a results sheet. * the results sheet has a display area which shows a chart or table chosen by the user from a dropdown list. * when the user chooses a different chart/table, the display update accordingly. Now I'll tell you that * this requires no VBA code * it requires a single picture box - all the charts/tables are actuall on other sheets ..but getting the picture box to update dynamically is hard if yo don't know how. Get it here http://www.westnet.net.au/balson/ModellingExcel/VisualModelling.shtml (menus may only work in IE, sorry, I prefer Firefox...