How do I logon on to Windows

I have an MFC application running on a Novell Client WIN2000 machine. If I
try to access a file path on a Windows 2000 server using Windows Explorer I
get a dialog asking for a UserID and Password. How can I ask the user of
this application to provide this information so I can access the file from
the application. When I try to access the file from the application now, no
dialog is displayed, I just get an error code back from the routine I
called.

Thanks
Tom G.
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

    Take a look at the WNetAddConnection(), WNetAddConnection2() or
WNetAddConnection3() API's.

--
Cheers
Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP]

<newscorrespondent@charter.net> wrote in message

> I have an MFC application running on a Novell Client WIN2000 machine. If I
> try to access a file path on a Windows 2000 server using Windows Explorer
> get a dialog asking for a UserID and Password. How can I ask the user of
> this application to provide this information so I can access the file from
> the application. When I try to access the file from the application now,
no
> dialog is displayed, I just get an error code back from the routine I
> called.
>
> Thanks
> Tom G.

0
CheckAbdoul

Publisher
I have a new computer. Old computer with Publisher 2000 had Windows 98. New computer has windows XP. I have installed Microsoft Office and tried to use my Publisher 2000. Also I went from a HP Deskjest 960c to a Epson RX500. My graphics and fonts are very flat and do not look at all the same. Is it the printer or windows XP. Please let me know what the problem might be. Anyone? In news:1aee301c41e95$dc226ae0$a101280a@phx.gbl, lestar3@aol.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> posted: > I have a new computer. Old computer with Publisher 2000 > had Windows 98. N...

Windows 7 acttivation problem
Hi I have enterprise licence for W7 and I received DVD with W7 pro. I've installed it on PC without being asked for any key. Now I can't activate because W7 searchs for KMS server but I need to use key which I have but it is for MAK, shouldn't hard to do but W7 doesn't let me change key for MAK - any ideas how to activate it or change with success windows key? any help will be very nice. Hi Redav, Is your computer hooked to a network ?maybe a KMS for Windows Server 2008 or Vista is installed, if that is the case,then the KMS in the network is now cached on y...

TSQL to list user's Windows Logon
Is there a command in TSQL to list user's Windows Logon? The following SUSER_SNAME() lists the deault sql user we use in the data source. I want to create a report that will list orders where order.taker = windows login , (not sql login) Thanks Bob Unfortunately by choosing to connect using a single login for all users, in this case a SQL login, you will only get the connection login (SQL) name using SUSER_SNAME() as the real user is masked by the application connection string from the server. The database user will be returned using USER_NAME() but it will still only sh...

GMail account with Windows Live Mail
Hi, I have been using my 2 Gmail accounts with WLM without any issues since the past 1 year. A few days back it started giving a sync error - however, I would receive emails overnight!! These accounts were set up without any issues using the account set up wizard (no manual settingP) I dwnloaded the new Beta yesterday and have not been able to add my GMAIl accounts - I have used the manual settings with all details of IMAP, POP3 (and yes, I have already enabled pop3 and Imap in Gmail) - But all i get is "the host imap.gmail.com is not found!!!!! Please help Inc...

how to bring child windows in front of other child windows
hi! i'd like to create a buttonbar class with buttons on it - some buttons doing some action directly, others opening another buttonbar and so on i'd like to have one main buttonbar (vertically) in my app on the left side and when pressing a button opening another buttonbar (horizontally) the horizontal buttonbar is painted in front of some other child windows (controls) but instead of reacting on mouse clicks the underlying control becomes visible... my question is how to design my buttonbars correctly to avoid this situation? if possible i do not want to create popup windows that...

windows mail
Why when I start to type an email address that is presently in my contacts the email address doesnt appear in a drop down for me to click? Only recently used (pretty much same day) addresses appear. Windows Mail only remembers the last 29 addresses used for auto-complete. How to clear the email auto-complete entries in Windows Mail http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/245/1/How-to-clear-the-email-auto-complete-entries-in-Windows-Mail.html -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "kray" <kray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

restore outlook data after windows die (PLEASE)
restore outlook data after windows die (PLEASE) Dear all, My windows just died today, cannot go into windows even with safe mode. I move my hardisk to another pc and still cannot boot into windows. I want to get my all my outlook data (cause too many emails and contacts are important). I tried to search for the pst file in the hardisk, and cannot find. Would any please help me. I am very frustrated now. My system is : Windows XP pro Outlook 2003 Thanks! Make sure your folder view is set to show hidden files and try the search again. It would normally be stored in C:\Documents ...

There are currenlty no logon servers available to service logon re
There are currenlty no logon servers available to service logon request. We are getting this message when trying to access shrares on some of our servers thourgh a trust. It is not happening all the time, although most, and is only hapeing to certain servers. I am guessing it is happening because remote server cannot authenticate to trusted domain controller due to name resolution, security policy or some other reason. How can I find out why this is happeing and how to fix it? Thanks. Windows 2003 and Windows 2008 domain controllers. Primary is a 2008 r2 but i think th...

windows explorer hangs
Windows XP Pro SP3 Scan for malware made with NOD32 online AV-scanner - no findings All disks scanned for errors in file system - no finding Problem description: 1. Windows (explorer.exe) hangs in following situations: - windows search completes - windows search stopped by user - copying a file from any folder to desktop by dragging the file icon from opened windows explorer to desktop - right-click on icon of any file 2. The hang-up of windows explorer occurred one time also in following situtation - user log-in procedure, desktop gets visible, system tray shows some a...

onw window follows the other
I have 2 modal dialog boxes which are displayed one above the other on the screen. I want that the lower one will follow the upper (which may be used by the user) so that the relative palcement between them would remain constant. Is that possible and how? Thanks Yaros Sure. Take a look at SetWindowPos() and just reposition the second window based on the position of the first in the OnInitDialog() function. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/a1yzfz6d.aspx Tom "Yaros" <yaros@john.com> wrote in message news:OCwrJwo1GHA.968@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have 2...

: How to close a window opened with ShellExecute?
Hi, I am woking with a dialog based application.On click of a button I opened a text file using ShellExecute(NULL, "C:\\Text.txt", szPath, NULL, NULL, SW_MAXIMIZE ); On clicking another button I should be able to close this file. Can anyone please help with some function that automatically closes a file when passed the file path to it or how do I close a window opened with SehllExecute. Thanks you can enumearate that process by using it's name and after getting getting it's handle can call TerminateProcess() see these api's OpenProcess() EnumProcesses() Regards Har...

Window Redirection?

Support for Windows Server 2003 ?
I was told that MS will stop supporting Windows Server 2003 by June 2010 !? Is it really true ? There are sooooo many applications that are not W2K8 ready. TIA Hello TIA, No, only Windows server 2003 without SPs mainstream support ends, the extended support is still available. See here for more details: 2003: http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?LN=en-us&p1=3198&x=15&y=13 2003 R2 http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/search/default.aspx?sort=PN&alpha=windows+server+2003+R2&Filter=FilterNO Windows server 2000 will end this year: http://suppo...

Shutdown Windows from an application??
Hello, I need to find out how to shutdown windows from within a Visual C++ MFC application. I know there is a function called ExitWindowsEx() which is supposed to achieve this, however, it returns an ERROR_PRIVILEGE_NOT_HELD error. How can I change the application's privileges to allow this to work? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Clive. See if the following link helps you http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/sysinfo/base/shutting_down.asp -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Clive Minnican" <clive@mail.com> wrote in me...

Windows CE Audio framework
Hi all, I'm trying to understand the WinCE6 audio driver framework. According to the Audio structure an audio application can use a Waveform Audio API or a Mixer API. Besides being confused why you'll need two APIs, I'm more confused on how to Mixer API affects the design of a PDD driver. Is their some default Mixer API that falls back to calling PDD functions? If I have a PDD driver, without an explicit mixer driver providing the MXDM_XXX functions, what should I expect to happen if I open the default mixer? If I want mixer functionality do I need a mixer driver or co...

The Size of the Help Window
Hello all, each time I start/open the help window, it opens to one half the screen width and only the height of the window title bar at the very top, about 3/8 of an inch (9.65mm). I can double click the top bar and it opens to a full screen size. That is a hassle, and I want it to end. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get it to open to a more normal size? I've looked around to find an options menu that I can change, but I couldn't find one. Thanks On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 20:44:50 -0700, "Jerzy" <Driven@hotmail.com> wrote in microsoft.public.excel.misc: &...

Lost scrolling in A97 code window
I changed my mouse and upgraded from IntelliMouse v4 to v5 or v6. Scrolling in general works fine in forms and forms design but not in the code window. I think I came across this problem before some years back and went back to v4 but don't really want to do that now. Any ideas as to what I can do? Many thanks. -- Les Desser (The Reply-to address IS valid) Install either VBScroll or Freewheel http://www.gasanov.net/VBScroll.asp http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2060/freewheel.html -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.cardaconsultants.c...

Mail stuck in Outbox in Windows Mail.
I am unable to delete mails stuck in the outbox of Windows Mail. Due to which i am not even able to delete rest of the mails. Please if some body is aware of this issue answer my question. Would prefer if there is any Microsoft article available with this issue. Windows Mail, as in the email client that comes with Vista? I'd close mail, go to C:\Users\<user account>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail and look for an outbox folder and delete the contents. But the experts in the windows mail newsgroups might have a better way... -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teac...

logon to database
I am having trouble logging on to my database. Everything was working fine yesterday. When I use the SQL authentication it says could not logon with 'sa', but if I use Windows authentication it logs on. After I connect with windows authentication I am unable to connect to Manager or POS. Any suggestions? Tim On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 21:21:02 -0700, Tim <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am having trouble logging on to my database. Everything was working fine >yesterday. When I use the SQL authentication it says could not logon with >'sa', but if I use...

reference to dialog bars in main window
Hello I have created a dialogbar that displays upon starting my program. I have several functions in my CView class that I would like to be able to reference that dialogBar and update information therein. How do I get a reference to this dialogbar? I am assuming that I would get a reference to the main or parent window and that would do it? Thanks for the help Jason Wolfe Presumably your dialog bar object is a member of CMainFrame (or other CFrameWnd derived class)... You get AfxGetMainWnd() to obtain the pointer to the main application window. Thus, in your view class you can use: CMai...

Changing Logon procedure at our registers? from Force Logon
Hello, We had a conference call with Retail Leadership Team last month on a discussion on how we can improve the speed of our checkout with our customer. The top requests from Retails were not have to log on to their register after each transaction. We can make this change happen, but the cashier would need to remember to press “F9” to secure their register before walking away from their register. The way the system is now it forces them to log in each time to protect the cashier register from being pop open by someone else. One Store Manager mentions she has camera for catching...

DPM 2010 and Windows 2008 System State Backups
1. I am currently backing up 6 servers using DPM 2010. Windows 2003 R2 system state backups run perfectly fine. Windows 2008 DFS servers, where there is a second partition also works fine. However, 2008 servers (2 AD and one SVN server) with a single partition consistently fail on System State Backups. The volume backups on these servers function perfectly fine. 2. The AD and SVN servers have plently of free space, have the registry key AllowSSBToAnyVolume enabled, PSDatasourceConfig.xml has filestoprotect as "C:\WindowsImageBackup\*", local system state backups using...

Windows Live Email Time Stamp
The windows live time stamp on all outgoing emails is 4hours later than the actual time. PC time is setup with the correct time zone. Only happens when using the online windows live email access. Can anyone assist? Thanks. v "dioncnr" <dioncnr@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:68BCFE8E-74E3-4967-B733-209DCE7C3BED@microsoft.com... > The windows live time stamp on all outgoing emails is 4hours later than > the > actual time. PC time is setup with the correct time zone. Only happens > when > using the online windows live ...

Script logon
hello everyone, i have a doamin controller with windows 2003 standard edition SP1, I want manage the access to shares folders with membership to group of domain controller, but I don't rebember the syntax of the command. Can yuo help please? thanks Hello Gianluca, Which script language do you use? You should also think about installing SP2 and the latest patches on the DC. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ** HELP us help YO...

Window Service
Hi all, I have created a NT service ( in vc++ 6.0) which can run my prog. as service. My problem is that my prog. should run when a user logs in and take user-id for its working and stop as soon as the user log off. Can anybody help me in solving this problem. Any APIs ? Thanks Suriya Hi, If you just want to run your program only when your user logsin in and want to stop working when it logs off, why do you want to make a service ?? it should just be put in start up or in registry with run folder.. No need to develop a service.. ============== Regards, Jigar Mehta "Suriya" &l...