how could i know which port is being listened?

how could i know which port is listened by a specific appz ? or is there any
function could tell me how many ports are currently being using and what are
they?

i am new to winsock
0
David4882 (672)
2/15/2005 11:11:01 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi David,
Refer the iana site to get the list of well known ports

Vijay
> how could i know which port is listened by a specific appz ? or is there
> any
> function could tell me how many ports are currently being using and what
> are
> they?
>
> i am new to winsock

    From XP onwards you can use 'netstat -o' to list the owning process ids.
Also take a look at the tcpview utility from www.sysinternals.com

--
Cheers
Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP]

> how could i know which port is listened by a specific appz ? or is there
any
> function could tell me how many ports are currently being using and what
are
> they?
>
> i am new to winsock

0
CheckAbdoul
2/15/2005 2:21:43 PM
what if it is not a well-know port ?

"Vijay" wrote:

> Hi David,
> Refer the iana site to get the list of well known ports
> http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers
>
> Vijay
> "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > how could i know which port is listened by a specific appz ? or is there
> > any
> > function could tell me how many ports are currently being using and what
> > are
> > they?
> >
> > i am new to winsock

0
David4882 (672)

HELP! I KNOW U KNOW HOW TO DO THIS....
i was told there is a way to make certain letters equal numbers. EX. BREADNMILK is 1234567890 / B=1 R=2 and so on. This is so each product has a digit code for the price. EX. EDB = $3.51. I don't know how to do that but my boss said it's possible....THANK-YOU! I have an idea, but I'm not sure I understand what you really want, so I hate to waste the time to produce it. Could you give a few more examples? What are you doing with the data once you figure out a way to make this work? Why BREADNMILK? Is that just an example? You'll use just one word? You're trying to obscu...

reboot 2003, and now dns.exe listens on thousands of ports
Hello, I had to reboot my server yesterday and when it came back online everything seemed fine, until I went to start my voip app. Which could not start because it said ports were in use. I checked and dns.exe had about 2500 ports listed Active Connections Proto Local Address Foreign Address State UDP 0.0.0.0:445 *:* various other ports here, no foreign address or stat, all exactly listed same as above. I terminated dns.exe and they all cosed and of course I was able to run my voice app. While I dont have any plans to reboot again (like...

It's Conditional Formatting, Jim, but not as we know it...
Hi, Is there any way of producing the same as a conditional format on a cell (ie. chenge fill and font colours according to a calculated value) but for more than three (four, if you count the default) values? TIA Dave An example '----------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) '----------------------------------------------------------------- Const WS_RANGE As String = "H1:H10" '<=== change to suit On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Targe...

OWA jumping mouse

Do You Know???
Hi... Where to get personal / business loan? How to settle your debt? Where to invest? Monthly Profit 20%? One time investment only? Setup your own business & growing income? The Beneficiary Bank is Barclays Bank? Just only need USD1070 for Financial Freedom? 300% Profit,10%Commission,5% Bonus,1% Revenue & 0.01% Daily Profit Payout!! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------= =AD=AD----- Get me online at : E-Mail /Yahoo Messenger,my ID : sallehes[at]yahoo.com Change [at] to @ If you never take the chance, you will never have the chances. >From O...

Do you know this?
I gonna to purchase Joyfax Server. Do you have any idea about it? 'Joyfax - Fax Server, Fax software, Windows Fax Server, Network Fax Solution, Free Fax Viewer, Fax Broadcasting software' (http://www.joyfax.com) -- lenny66 Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com In article <lenny66.4cslw5@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com>, lenny66.4cslw5 @no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com says... > What exactly would you imagine yourself seeing subject "Do you know this?" People usually ignore topics with unclear subjects. -- Poutnik The best depends on how the be...

SQL Sever 2005
The software I’m trying to install will not. It needs the Microsoft SQL server 2005. The software I’m trying to update has changed its platform from C++ to .NET and needs an SQL server. The software’s tech support tried to get me to download the SQL from the Microsoft website but I kept getting an error[ setup is missing prerequisites: MSXML6 - this did not work]. They then asked if my 1433 port was open or closed we found that it was closed. So now I’m asking how do I go about opening this port to resolve the installation issue? -- DNoel Hi, There is an issue instal...

EnumPorts() and COM ports not registering
I'm using EnumPorts() to enumerate the COM and LPT ports on the local system. I have a couple of different bluetooth softwares from DLINK that I install for serial communications. One software assigns a port id of COM19 and the other assigns a port id of COM40. The softwares are on different machines. For some reason on one machine (COM19) is being enumerated but the other machine (COM40) is not. The port (COM40) shows up in Device Manager. Is there some other method of enumerting these ports for bluetooth? Thanks On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 08:21:23 -0500, "mike" <nospampl...

Does any know how to add more columns in the NCAA Excel Tracker?
trying to add more columns in the NCAA Tournament Tracker but it won't keep the formulas correct. Any help Just what exactly is the/a "NCAA Tournament Tracker"? -- Regards, RD -------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit ! -------------------------------------------------------------------- "NCAA Tourney Commissioner" <NCAA Tourney Commissioner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8020B969-D6D4-4857-96E4-3475D1F75DA6@microsoft.com... trying to add more ...

do you know??
hi I have a problem I had made a programm deal with database I had created it manually by microsoft access. I want the programm make the database automatically when it run on every computer?? second did every computer run this programm have microsoft access ??? goodbye thank you ??? 1. You should just ship the mdb file with your program. 2. you don't need to have access installed on all the computers just the odbc/ado drivers for access. AliR. "mohaz" <mohaz14@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1187291340.459954.57930@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > hi >...

can excel use automatic carraige returns? and send/recieve data via com port?
Hi I need to design a sheet that is of a set size i.e 20 rows by 20 columns I'm inputting the data with a barcode scanner (via serial port) I need the cursor to automatically go to a new line and start of line once the top line is full of data. I have spent hours reading help and searching the net but to no success can someone please help me here? I also have an even harder problem and that is - can excel send a "?" chr via a com port and then input the response ( a weight in KG) back into a cell? its a set of scales for animals Thanks in advance OK I worked out the 1st part...

I would like to know how to uninstall Outlook Express 6!
When I purchased my computer, it was installed with Outlook Express 6, and I don't use the program. I would like to know how to uninstall it. Please reply if you know how! If you are running Windows XP with Service Pack 1 or Windows 2000 with Service Pack 3 or 4, try going to the add/remove applet in the control panel. Choose Set Program Access and Defaults. Under the email section, uncheck the box to show the icon. (It will always remove the OE icon.) Note: If Microsoft Outlook is your default mail program, it will try to push newsgroup support to OE (started as a news only clien...

EARN $ 1,434,892.8 BY E-GOLD (GUARANTEED!!) All you need is 3 People You know #13
EARN $ 1,434,892.8 BY E-GOLD (GUARANTEED!!) All you need is 3 People You know Hello every body , im be glad to introduce one of the best MLM for every body who wants to explod his/her earning with very simple steps and incredible situation! JUST IMAGINE...... If you achieve only 10% success you will still make $ 143,489.28 If you achieve only 1% success you will still make $ 14,348.928 But If we trust to each other and be serious, reaching to $ 1,434,892.8 is not seem so far,just three or four weeks!! The whole works that you should do : 1) You should open an e-gold account ,th...

Anyone know how to setup a reverse mortgage in Lifetime Planner?
All I've managed so far is to just setup an income account based on projected figures for my home, but I don't know how to have this reflected in net value of the home. Thank you! This is a great question for the newsgroup--I don't recall it having come up before. I suspect it will come up more in the future. My basic thought is to setup a Liability Account and make the payments from the lender transfers from the liability to a cash account. The liability grows. Maybe you even add the accumulating unpaid interest to the liability account? (Since it defers for tax purposes,...

anyone know where to set the transaction number format?
Hi, Deos anyone know where to set the transaction number format. I need to set the transaction number from 7 digit to 6 digit. regards Dennis Dennis, The Transaction number started with 1. Are you saying that you have used a million numbers already? SO Administrator | File | Connect | put in your password | Database | Set next Transaction Number -- * "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB499B32-9A24-4090-896E-DF0644467DCC@microsoft.com... Hi, Deos anyone know where to set the transaction number format. I need to set the transaction numb...

How To Know
Hi All Is there any option to know,who has open file? and Is that possible to Close also. thanks Amrit On 20/12/2009 23:51, Amrit wrote: > Hi All > Is there any option to know,who has open file? > > and Is that possible to Close also. Use Process Explorer. -- Dee Earley (dee.earley@icode.co.uk) i-Catcher Development Team iCode Systems Hi Dee I don't understand How To? "Dee Earley" <dee.earley@icode.co.uk> wrote in message news:uurKktigKHA.1824@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > On 20/12/2009 23:51, Amrit wrote: >> Hi...

How do I know?
How do Iknow whetehr my OE installation is uptodate? If it is older...how do i get the update...to the current version seena Your message headers show it is up to date: X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5843 x-mimeole: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579 There will never be any changes or improvements to Outlook Express as all production ceased June, 2006. There is a chance of a security update in the future if needed, but all you need to do is make sure you keep fully patched at Windows Updates. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mai...

OT: Anybody in here do much with COM? Need to know what newsgroups...
....to use to post the following question: "What is the relationship between deploying and registering a typelib for your COM components and a proxy for said components?" Thanks, WTH "WTH" <nospam@spamtheman.com> wrote in message news:e88StatPFHA.3076@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > ...to use to post the following question: > > "What is the relationship between deploying and registering a typelib for > your COM components and a proxy for said components?" > > Thanks, > > WTH > > Try the microsoft.public.vc.atl newsg...

how to diable a service from using a certain port
I have an exchange 2003 on windows 2000 server. I am trying to make IIS use port 8000 for OWA, but for some reason it says that another process is using it. How do I tell what application/process is using port 8000. And then how to remove that process from using that port. thanks pete You can use this utility to see TCP endpoints on your system... http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/tcpview.shtml "Pete" <Pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A36D1363-1315-490B-AFAC-129ABB920F3E@microsoft.com... >I have an exchange 2003 on windows 2000 server...

do you know how to....
Is there a way to use Excel to help identify like numbers from two differnt lists of numbers. These lists of numbers contain numbers that are numeric and alpha- numeric. With conditional formatting and a formula, Say list 1 is in A1:A1000, list 2 in H1:H5000 Select A1:A1000, and add a CF formula of =COUNTIF($H$1:$H$5000,A1)>0 and then H1:H5000, and add a CF formula of =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$1000,H1)>0= -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "dan s" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10aa01c5595d$2f79a8e0$a6012...

Going away: Need to save pic from daily email
I am going away on a conference and would like to have Outlook (2002) download my mail each day while not at home - which I know I can do. One of the emails I receive is a daily html comic email with the strip in it. Is there a way that I can automate to save the pic in a folder while away from my computer if I leave Outlook running to auto download? The pic is on this comic server and only allows a few of the comics before the present date so I can't do it when I come back 'cause then I will have missed it. Thanks ...

Auto Complete list has been deleted somehow anyone know how to fix??
I have hundreds of emails in auto complete and today when I tried to use it they were all gone. This happened to me about 3 years ago and I never was able to find out why. Can anyone help me please.. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com mike long wrote: > I have hundreds of emails in auto complete and today when I tried to ... <gatewayed post was truncated to illustrate lack of proper line wrap> The autocomplete cache is in the nickname file (.nk2). Do you still have a ..nk2 file? If it is gone or corrupted, restore it from your backups. http://support.mi...

Not reading in ReadFile function through COM port
Hello, I try to transfer file(in .txt format) from my test PC to my working PC through serial port(COM port). One pc I open hyper terminal and set a connection in 9600(baud)-8(data bit)-none(parity)-1(stop bit)-none(flow control).In another PC I write the code below in vc++ 6.0. I select Transfer->Send Text File and open a text file in my test PC. Then I run this code in my working PC. Altough ReadFile function doesn't get error message. dwBytesRead shows 0 during reading and text in text file does not transfer to MyBuffer. My code is : /////////////////////////////////////...

how do i know my email address
i dont know how i can give friends addy of outlook look in to tools, accounts, view or change email accounts or if you have mail in your inbox, open a message and double click on your name in the to field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to E...

Windows 7 Shut Down
Windows 7 is a very advanced and up-to-date system which has become extremely popular since its launch - but many people are now discovering that this system is prone to shutting down randomly, leading you to lose data and unsaved games. This issue is very common and extremely damaging to your PC, and here's how to fix your PC instantly! One of the biggest causes of this problem is down to overheating. Computers are a lot like cars - they continually get hot and have to be cooled. It's often the case that if you're using your computer too much or are restricting the airf...