How can I add numbers in my text files made by my MFC app ?

I want my MFC app to add the numbers in my saved text on saving time
like this...

1:here
2:test
3:hello
4:hehe
5:pizza
6:hi

Thanks,
BMXer

This is just example code I found on google.

#include "stdafx.h"
#include "string.h"

int countLines(char filename[]);

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
 int lineCount;
 char filename[80];
 strcpy(filename, "test.txt");
 lineCount = countLines(filename);
 printf("Lines in %s: %d\n", filename, lineCount);
 return 0;
}

countLines(char filename[])
{
 FILE *fileRef;
 int lineCount = 0;
 char fileLine[256];
 if ((fileRef = fopen(filename, "r")) == NULL)
  printf("Error opening File %s.\n",
filename);
 else {
  while (fgets(fileLine, 256, fileRef) !=
NULL)
   lineCount++;
  fclose(fileRef);
 } return(lineCount);
}

bmxer (6)
12/28/2003 8:34:27 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

kind of late for fall homework assignments.  maybe an early spring semester
project?  i am thinking that if you need help with a simple task like this
either you haven't taken enough programming classes yet, or you are destined
to be a marketing major.  with the detail provided in your question i would
guess marketing.

"BMXer" <bmxer@loves_to_bmxing.com> wrote in message
> I want my MFC app to add the numbers in my saved text on saving time
> like this...
>

> 1:here
> 2:test
> 3:hello
> 4:hehe
> 5:pizza
> 6:hi
>
> Thanks,
> BMXer
>

> This is just example code I found on google.
>
> #include "stdafx.h"
> #include "string.h"
>
> int countLines(char filename[]);
>
> int main(int argc, char* argv[])
> {
>  int lineCount;
>  char filename[80];
>  strcpy(filename, "test.txt");
>  lineCount = countLines(filename);
>  printf("Lines in %s: %d\n", filename, lineCount);
>  return 0;
> }
>
> countLines(char filename[])
> {
>  FILE *fileRef;
>  int lineCount = 0;
>  char fileLine[256];
>  if ((fileRef = fopen(filename, "r")) == NULL)
>   printf("Error opening File %s.\n",
> filename);
>  else {
>   while (fgets(fileLine, 256, fileRef) !=
> NULL)
>    lineCount++;
>   fclose(fileRef);
>  } return(lineCount);
> }

> -----==  Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

0
noone1 (387)
12/28/2003 12:36:51 PM
Will Serialization work better ?

Thanks
BMXer

bmxer (6)
12/29/2003 6:15:06 PM
As David suggested, it's common UseNet policy to not do homework and this
problem is so simple that it sounds just like homework.  However, Google was
a good place to search and the example you showed contains the majority of
the answer.  How are you getting the text to a file, I assume you have at
least worked out how to open/create a file and write text to it and are just
trying to work out how to add the line numbers.

Also, compile the program you posted and run it.  Note how the program
achieves the output of the text that documents the number of lines in the
file.  That text contains words and numbers and the numbers are only stored
by the program in binary, not text form.  Yet the program uses a particular
function to convert the number to text.  You could solve your problem with
something similar, though not quite identical.  I can think of at least one
alternative method for simple cases.

"BMXer" <bmxer@loves_to_bmxing.com> wrote in message
> I want my MFC app to add the numbers in my saved text on saving time
> like this...
>

> 1:here
> 2:test
> 3:hello
> 4:hehe
> 5:pizza
> 6:hi
>
> Thanks,
> BMXer
>

> This is just example code I found on google.
>
> #include "stdafx.h"
> #include "string.h"
>
> int countLines(char filename[]);
>
> int main(int argc, char* argv[])
> {
>  int lineCount;
>  char filename[80];
>  strcpy(filename, "test.txt");
>  lineCount = countLines(filename);
>  printf("Lines in %s: %d\n", filename, lineCount);
>  return 0;
> }
>
> countLines(char filename[])
> {
>  FILE *fileRef;
>  int lineCount = 0;
>  char fileLine[256];
>  if ((fileRef = fopen(filename, "r")) == NULL)
>   printf("Error opening File %s.\n",
> filename);
>  else {
>   while (fgets(fileLine, 256, fileRef) !=
> NULL)
>    lineCount++;
>   fclose(fileRef);
>  } return(lineCount);
> }

> -----==  Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

0
mairdanot (111)
12/29/2003 8:47:43 PM
This is not my homework.
Im done with school.

I already looked all over the net and on google.

Frustrated BMXer.

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 13:47:43 -0700, "David A. Mair"
<mairdanot@hotrmail.com> wrote:

>As David suggested, it's common UseNet policy to not do homework and this
>problem is so simple that it sounds just like homework.  However, Google was
>a good place to search and the example you showed contains the majority of
>the answer.  How are you getting the text to a file, I assume you have at
>least worked out how to open/create a file and write text to it and are just
>trying to work out how to add the line numbers.
>
>Also, compile the program you posted and run it.  Note how the program
>achieves the output of the text that documents the number of lines in the
>file.  That text contains words and numbers and the numbers are only stored
>by the program in binary, not text form.  Yet the program uses a particular
>function to convert the number to text.  You could solve your problem with
>something similar, though not quite identical.  I can think of at least one
>alternative method for simple cases.
>
>"BMXer" <bmxer@loves_to_bmxing.com> wrote in message
>> I want my MFC app to add the numbers in my saved text on saving time
>> like this...
>>

>> 1:here
>> 2:test
>> 3:hello
>> 4:hehe
>> 5:pizza
>> 6:hi
>>
>> Thanks,
>> BMXer
>>

>> This is just example code I found on google.
>>
>> #include "stdafx.h"
>> #include "string.h"
>>
>> int countLines(char filename[]);
>>
>> int main(int argc, char* argv[])
>> {
>>  int lineCount;
>>  char filename[80];
>>  strcpy(filename, "test.txt");
>>  lineCount = countLines(filename);
>>  printf("Lines in %s: %d\n", filename, lineCount);
>>  return 0;
>> }
>>
>> countLines(char filename[])
>> {
>>  FILE *fileRef;
>>  int lineCount = 0;
>>  char fileLine[256];
>>  if ((fileRef = fopen(filename, "r")) == NULL)
>>   printf("Error opening File %s.\n",
>> filename);
>>  else {
>>   while (fgets(fileLine, 256, fileRef) !=
>> NULL)
>>    lineCount++;
>>   fclose(fileRef);
>>  } return(lineCount);
>> }

>> http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
>> -----==  Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

bmxer (6)
12/30/2003 3:28:46 AM
I'm sorry, I could give you an answer in a heartbeat because the problem is
so simple.  However, that very fact (despite your denial) makes me concerned
about offering an answer (as does your alias).  Someone else may be happy to
provide a solution but I'm currently not.  Perhaps you can describe more of
the purpose for the code and I might be more sympathetic.  What are you
working on that needs this solution, what's your level of experience in
programming in general and C/C++ specifically...

> [...]
> >> 5:pizza
> >> 6:hi
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> BMXer
> >>

> >> This is just example code I found on google.
> >>
> >> #include "stdafx.h"
> >> #include "string.h"
> >>
> >> int countLines(char filename[]);
> >>
> >> int main(int argc, char* argv[])
> >> {
> >>  int lineCount;
> >>  char filename[80];
> >>  strcpy(filename, "test.txt");
> >>  lineCount = countLines(filename);
> >>  printf("Lines in %s: %d\n", filename, lineCount);
> >>  return 0;
> >> }
> >>
> >> countLines(char filename[])
> >> {
> >>  FILE *fileRef;
> >>  int lineCount = 0;
> >>  char fileLine[256];
> >>  if ((fileRef = fopen(filename, "r")) == NULL)

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

concatenate files...
Back in DOS days I could concatenate text files without using a third party tool. Can I do this with XP, Vista, or W7? TIA, Paul "Paul H" <NoSpamphobergNoSpam@att.net> wrote: >Back in DOS days I could concatenate text files without using a third party >tool. Can I do this with XP, Vista, or W7? TIA, Paul Yes, the same way you did before: copy file1.txt + file2.txt fileboth.txt Type copy /? at a command prompt to find out all about the copy command. -- Tim Slattery Slattery_T@bls.gov http://members.cox.net/slatteryt Paul H wrote: ...

Text Box #2
I inserted a text box in excel using the click and drag text from the tool bar and entered the relevant comments in english and as soon as I finish the language changes to German. I have done all the basic stuff like clearing any formats, removing the text box and inserting a new box, checking langauge settings etc, but nothing works. I have than inserted 2 more text boxes in the same manner and typed the text in english and these have been fine. Can anyone tell what could be causing this problem? ...

Can't send/receive

Make table truncates text concatenated using fnConcatenate
I have a MakeTable query which uses the fnConcatenate( ) function to merge a bunch of information into a single field. Unfortunately, the field length exceeds 255 characters and the MakeTable tries to dump this into a text field, rather than identifying that the field should be a memo field. I know I could create the base table and import the data from my query into that table, but I would prefer to make this table on the fly, and then delete it when I am done with it. Any recommendations? -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:48:04 -07...

Page numbers 12-02-09
On MS Word 2003, I am formatting a 5.5 x 8.5 book. How can I get the page numbers to come in at 7.75? I tried bringing the bottom 'margin' up to 8.5, but the numbers still come in at 10.5 on the 11" vertical page. Actually I've tried a lot of things! Footers also seem to want to hit the bottom 1/2 or inch of the 11 available. How to number so that they show within the 8.5 space on a 'sheet'?. Susanne, sideways isn't an option, because I may go for a 6 x 9 format. TIA! Sylvia M. You must change your footer margin as well as the bottom margi...

Can not Customize Leads View

Bulk attachments

Disable Auto Add of addresses
How does one disable the auto add of email addresses? Often times, I already have the contact formatted in my address book, but when I get an email from them it is formatted different, and I have to "delete" that which comes up when using auto-complete, and then use the manual add to add the addressee to my email... Any assistance would be greatly appreciated You may disable it in Options Food Snobbery wrote: > How does one disable the auto add of email addresses? > > Often times, I already have the contact formatted in my address book, but > when...

Publisher file won't open #2
I worked for three hours then Publsher crashed. I had saved my file, but when I trie to open it it says problem with file, do you want to report it, and then reboots Publisher. How can I save my work? Using Publisher 2003. You may send the file to me. If I can open it I'll save it for you. If it crashes my system, you may be SOL. (Surely out of luck.) If you want to accept my offer, send it to jl dot paules at gmail at com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Don Smith" <dhsmith@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:r4ns615gkmkm12q5or5nd0k70gac5stjbc@4ax....

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

What is the quickest way to get an xml based dataset to add entries to SQL Server?
Because there is no 'datareader' involved, what is the most efficient way to get an XML based dataset to be added to an SQL server dataset? I would hate to have to create a new SQL connection and iterate through making "executenonquery" for each row in the dataset. That seems horribly in-efficient. I know of no other way to get an xml based dataset to push data to the database though. Any pointers? Thanks for any pointers, Peter Robbins Freelance Programmer C#/PHP "MurdockSE" <murdock@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:1153922058.675709.165630@h48g2000cwc.go...

Can (or how can) I do this

Excel automatically adds path to external reference -> formula too long
Excel 2000 SR1 / Windows 2000 I have moved a large Excel application to a new folder. However this creates the following problem: I have many external references to other Excel files located in the SAME folder. Fields with references such as: '[File1.XLS]Sheet1'!C50 + '[File1.XLS]Sheet2'!C50 + ... are automatically converted by excel into: 'D:\Full path\[File1.XLS]Sheet1'!C50 + 'D:\Full path\[File1.XLS]Sheet2'!C50 + ... This results finally into errors, since the formula becomes to long to fit into a single field. Can anyone please give me a hint, how to turn...

Writing Text File with code UTF-8
Hello Does somebody know how to write a Text File with code UTF-8 from Dexterity? I know that are 3 functions to write text files: TextFile_Writeline() TextFile_WriteDOS() TextFile_WriteText() But there is not therein a parameter to achieve text file be written with code UTF-8. I=92ll appreciate your guide. Best regards. ------=_NextPart_0001_A41C49B3 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Dexterity does not support double byte or unicode. You might need to use COM or win32 dll calls to get the OS to write the file for you. The difference between WriteLine and WriteDOS i...