Guest user account ?

Is there a wayout to identify if the user who has logged-on is a guest
account user?

I need both locally and domain wise.

I tired the following code but no luck

	SID_IDENTIFIER_AUTHORITY identAuth = SECURITY_LOCAL_SID_AUTHORITY;
	PSID pSid;

	BOOL b = AllocateAndInitializeSid(&identAuth, 2,
			0, SECURITY_LOCAL_RID, SECURITY_LOCAL_RID, SECURITY_BUILTIN_DOMAIN_RID
				,DOMAIN_USER_RID_GUEST, DOMAIN_ALIAS_RID_GUESTS,
			0, 0, &pSid);

	if(b)
	{
		CheckTokenMembership(NULL, pSid, &b);

		if(b)
			AfxMessageBox("Guest");
		else
			AfxMessageBox("Non-Guest");

		FreeSid(pSid);
	}

Thanks in advance
0
Avinash (6)
3/14/2005 1:07:01 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Preventing users from opening onther users mailbox in outlook 2003
Hello I have just noticed that users in the office, can open other users mailboxes in outlook 2003. How do i not allow that? The only way i have figured it out , is to go into active directory, and go into a users acct under Exchange advanced, mailbox rights, and add individual users then deny them acces to that users mailbox. There has to be an easier way. And why would they be able to open them in the first place? Thanks in advance On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 07:10:29 -0800, Exchange 2003 <Exchange2003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello > >I have just noticed that users ...

Usig sdk to add a note to an existing account
Hi, Anyone know how to add a note programatically to an existing Account? Thanks John Hi John, It really depends on your situation the most obvious way is to use the CRM web services and simply use the create method. Public Sub CreateAnnotation() Dim service As New CrmService() service.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials Dim myNote As New annotation service.Create(myNote) End Sub Of course you will need to specify all the required fields; the above alone would fail! including the associated object ID (the GUID of the accoun...

How to stop flooding on e-mail accounts
What product should I use if I want to eliminate, for example, the possibility of a hacker hit one of my users with thousands of e-mails until his mailbox is full ? I have Symantec AVF3.0. Its worth having a quick chat with your ISP as they may have something to help. >-----Original Message----- >What product should I use if I want to eliminate, for example, the >possibility of a hacker hit one of my users with thousands of e-mails until >his mailbox is full ? I have Symantec AVF3.0. > > >. > Marlon, Try Spam Marshall (http://www.spammarshall.com). Besides fil...

Multiple users one pop account
I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem. The client has a 2 pop mail accounts on the system. One account is personal. The other is shared and multiple users access the mail from that account. In order to ensure that all users are able to retrieve that mail, the shared account is configured to leave mail on the server and then after 10 days it is pulled from the server. The problem is that out of the 4 people who share that pop mail account (from different computers), one of them is getting duplicates for mail that has already been retrieved by that system? (not all the time, just once a...

Bring in list of accounts in the Quick Journal setup
when setting up a Quick Journal, allow for an option to bring in a range of accounts by any segment of an account. For example, all salary accounts, all postage accounts.. rather than selecting each one individually or using the Table Import ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

user flooded with "not read" receipts from two years ago!
Today (9/14/2006) I have a user who just got about 200 "Not Read" receipts from emails originally sent from 11/15/2004 to 12/17/2004. From all kinds of internal recipients, and interestingly, they all say email was deleted without being read on 8/22/2006 at 8:16 AM. Running Exchange 2003, user client is Outlook 2003. Don't (consciously) have any mailbox management policies. Only thing I can think of is that about that time (8/22/2006) I was doing a restore to a recovery storage group. Don't think that should have mattered, and heck, why today? Thanks for any poin...

Is there a economical Microsoft Accounting software that integrate
We now that RMS integrate with quickbooks and peachtree... we are looking for a solution for an accounting system of Microsoft, but not Great Plains since its high cost. We were told of Microsoft Accounting system but was also told that it was discontinue. Is there a Microsoft program equaveltn to quickbook/peachtree pricing and also intergrates with RMS? ...

Are user certs broken when used on a front end server?
Does a front end exchange 2003 SP2 server support requiring a user certificate? On the back end server requiring user certs works fine (but breaks Treo syncing). I therefore set up a front end server and two virtual servers (one just SSL for treos and the other for Outlook Web Access). If I require a cert on the front end virtual directory I want to use for Outlook Web Access and try it, IE presents a blank box for the user certificate (when it should present one of the installed user certificates). If the backend is configured the same way and a client connects, their user certs are display...

reenable a user
I disabled 2 users in the crm website and the accounts disappeared form the user manager in the website. They are still in the user manager under program files. I Would like to know if there is a way to reenable the accounts. Thank you David Have you tried the "Disable Users" view? "David tolleson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2a9a01c394e6$ed5a1a80$7d02280a@phx.gbl... I disabled 2 users in the crm website and the accounts disappeared form the user manager in the website. They are still in the user manager under program files. I Wo...

Coding problems with User defined Visible Property
Hi I have a report that my users supply to seavel groups. Some do not require certain fields so these will be hidden by using a checkbox on the relevant form. At the moment, I am using the following in code builder: Me.txt[recordNumber].Visible = Forms![Pdoptions]!chk[recordnumbersvisible] Which isn't doing the job. I've checked all the names and they are correct. This code gives me eaither a syntex error, or an expected end error, but I can find no problem. The code is sitting in the "on format" property of the detail section header, of the report I need this to work in. If...

Multicurrency activation and Project accounting
I am about to turn on MC where project accounting is running -- the database has 10 years of data. Does any one know how long running check links will take? AND, will all Projects read as the functional currency following this? I am very concerned about making this change and would like to hear the good and bad if anyone has done it before. Thanks! -- daunheik I would recommend setting up a test server and testing all changes completely. It is a good idea to involve the users in the testing. It is very important to test all changes in GP before applying them to a prod...

Can I have one register from two accounts in M03 and in import question
I have just begun trying-out Money 2003 and am having trouble doing what I want to do. I have two accounts, one is a Merrill Lynch money market account which contains my portfolio and my VISA account and I also write checks in that account. The second account is a Credit Union account in which deposits are made and from which I pay bills. I would like to have one register that will contain all deposits and expenditures, including the VISA charges, from both accounts. Can I do this and how? Also, ML only keeps 90 days worth of transactions. I would like to load the entire year into Mone...

"Users" and "Computers" objects are not OUs
I'm providing support to a client using Windows Server 2003 R2 on two DCs. I find that the "Users" object in AD is not an OU but simply a container. The network seems to function okay but I am unable to apply group policies to these objects. (GPMC only shows OUs) I am also unable to delete or rename these, unlike OUs. The client has no recollection of when or how this might have happened. Is there a documented/safe way to fix this, either to change these from containers into OUs, or to delete them and recreate them as OUs. Thanks. Jon Hello Jon, The c...

exchange checking other pop3 accounts on other servers
I have a local exchange server on a small network. our email is hosted by our isp on a dedicated server I have using mail enable. I connect to it via pop 3. I have the exchange box on the network to have a mail store so I don't loose email. That's it's only real funciton. When I get email through outlook 07 it's from the other server and then it saves in exchange etc. is there any way in exchange 2003 or the upcomming 2007 server to have IT check the other server box so I don't have to do it through outlook? This would allow me to not have to have outlook running for...

Unknown User on Mailbox Rights
I'm running Exchange 2003, and see several entries on any users Mailbox Rights page that show: Account Unknown(S-1-5-21.........) These are probably from people that had rights to the mailbox, but have been deleted from the AD. Is there any way to map that entry to the user (if the user was deleted)? If so, how? Thank you. Ed As far as mapping the entry to a user account, you can view the SID for an account by using ADSIEdit (actual attribute should be objectSID). ADSIEdit is installed with the Windows 2003 Support Tools. You can export the objectSID using LDIFDE, but I don...

Remembering User name and Domain when logging on
Hi there, I have setup outlook users that log onto domain A but take their user accounts and exchange server from Domain B. The users log into windows and when they load outlook are prompted for a user name, domain and password. (created in services/exchange server and turning of security) Problem is half of the machines dont remember the user name and domain, and the other half do! its not a version problem cos it happens with 97.04, 97.02 and 2000. I would perfair all users to just have to enter a password can anyone help? ...

I cannot access newly created users
Hi folks... I have using exchange server. i can add users in Active directory successfully. But I cannot logon through IE or Outllok.. That is from today onwards i can create users but When I configuring in Outlook or when i tried to login through IE I get the following error message. "Sorry. User id and password could not be verified. Please re-enter your user id and password. more details... javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password." This means the My Exchange did not recognize the newly created user name. But while I ...

DPM 2010: BSOD when running virtual guest backup on Hyper-V 2008 R
Greetings, we have two identical Dell R710 servers running Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 with all Windows updates applied. We have the DPM 2010 agent deployed to the virtual host partition of each server and are trying to run Backup Using Child Partition Snapshot for the virtual guests on those servers. On one of the virtual hosts, the Backup Using Child Partition Snapshot runs successfully every time and backs up the virtual guests. On the other virtual host, the Backup Using Child Partition Snapshot causes a BSOD. The BSOD has very little info on it -- no stop error, etc. Thank yo...

User is two
Hi, In Exchange 2k3 SP2, a user send me email internally. When I reply, I get a postmaster report that the address does not exist in the organization. When composing a new message, and when writing the first few letter of that user account name, two identical address appear. I can send to one but receive from the other, to which I can not send. How to fix this creepy situation? Thanks Yba On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 13:59:02 -0700, yba02 <yba02@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >In Exchange 2k3 SP2, a user send me email internally. When I reply, I get a >postmaster repor...

Anyway to import All calendar events for multiple users
I have a pointy-haired guy asking me to bring everyone's calendar into a database. I'm a developer, but from the googling I have done it looks like everyone can only touch/export their own data. These users wouldn't be adept at that. Is it possible to import many users calendars all at once into a relational database? import to where? what version of Outlook? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After f...

D-Link disabled my welcome screen and fast user switching option
I installed a D-Link Xtreme N desktop PCI adaptor with their software. It disabled my welcome screen and fast user switching. XP is telling me I need to uninstall the D-Link software to be able to change this setting. Help? -- dewbru ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dewbru's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/225479.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/xp-hardware/1341387.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Anti-spam with end-user control in mailbox
Newly joined a company and we're going to be upgrading our entire infrastructure to AD/Exchange 2003 from 2000, with Win XP and Mac OS X clients. While we're at it I'd like to replace an old and oddly scripted anti-spam solution that is flaky and difficult to support. The current model delivers a spam notification message to the user for each spam message addressed to them. This message, delivered to their inbox, includes a link to release the message, delete it, or whitelist the sender (essentially sends a reply with specific keywords and triggers a script for the action). While...

Allow Defaults for Tools
Would like to have the ability to set the defaults for the Tools - Options window for all CRM users and/or groups of users. Settings include Default Pane, Default Tab, Records Per Page, and Time Zone. -- Thanks, Justin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. ...

Chart of Accounts Details
Can you use alphanumerics or just numerics when defining a chart of account id? You can use an Alphanumeric chart but proceed carefully - it often proved to be impractical and rigid. HS "Royden Akerley" <royden.akerley@brascanpower.com> wrote in message news:225d201c45d4c$6f57a8d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can you use alphanumerics or just numerics when defining a > chart of account id? Some auditors have problems with alpha account numbers. Proceed with caution. "Royden Akerley" <royden.akerley@brascanpower.com> wrote in message news:225d201c45d4c$6f5...

Microsoft Accounting Express 2007
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0261_01C7E5D3.0C9526B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Please tell me where Microsoft Accounting Express 2007 fits into money = management. Money ( I use MS Money 2007 Deluxe) seems to do most all of = things that I need except for reporting. I have a small real estate = business and an investment property along with financial investments, = but I have no employees or any need to print out invoices or purchase = orders. I really would like to have a packa...