Gray icon from icon

Is there any system-fn to paint a given icon in grayscale?
0
clqrq (260)
11/3/2008 3:31:40 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Grayed out!
Hi: Everytime we open an excel file, the whole spreadsheet is Gray. Open a new doc, and it is visable. You can see that you are moving around the sheet in the name box on the formula toolbar, but for all intents and purposes, we can't see diddly. Any ideas? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements It is possible that all columns or rows are hidden. It is pos...

modify selection grayed out for all items in Customize dialog
Excel XP - can't change keyboard shortcut, name, etc. for any menu or button item in Excel. "Modify Selection" is grayed out without exceptions. Recent activity: Reinstalled Office XP and Downloaded Office XP service pack 3. Thanks for any input. ...

Change the icon on Microsoft apps files?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01CA9CFE.DD0ACFE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Can anyone tell me how to change the icon on a Microsoft file/shortcut = -- for example, an excel spreadsheet or MCE recording? ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01CA9CFE.DD0ACFE0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META con...

toolbar icon description
Can i get a bubble with description for icons on toolbars. When I click with mouse on icon it does not give me the descriptions. thanks. Tools|Customize|Options tab check the "show screentips on toolbars" box Michael Abraham wrote: > > Can i get a bubble with description for icons on toolbars. When I click with > mouse on icon it does not give me the descriptions. thanks. -- Dave Peterson ...

Vista Control Panel Missing "Mail" icon
On my brand new Vista machine, I attempted to install Office 2003 as first step. Everything Worked but Outlook. It reported Unable to open default e-mail folders; info store won't open". I found a forum suggestion that began with clicking on the Control Panel Mail icon. My Control Panel has no MAIL icon! What do I do now? -- Dburbage In your brand new PC did you first uninstall any Trial version of Office together with its Activation Assistant, then reboot prior to installing your retail version? Enable classic View of Control panel, or 32bit view of Vis...

Hyphenation Grayed out
When selecting tools, language and hyphenation are grayed-out, unavailable for my use. Why? First click on the text box then go to the hyphen option. -- Don Vancouver, USA "ksf" <ksf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD6BA233-578A-497D-9A04-A1B704141505@microsoft.com... > When selecting tools, language and hyphenation are grayed-out, unavailable > for my use. Why? > So simple, thank you. -- ksf "Don Schmidt" wrote: > First click on the text box then go to the hyphen option. > > > -- > Don > Vancouver, USA &...

Enlarging icons in Entourage
The icons at the top of the screen (Mail, address book, etc.) can they be enlarged or shrunk? I wish to expand my Entourage window so that Usenet Newsgroup names appear entirely and when I do this the icons at the top show in the center and don't shrink or appear professional. Is there a way to resolve this in Entourage 2004? I am aware that 2008 does this. John -- Are there errors in the Bible? Do Animals go to Heaven? Is drinking Alcohol a sin? Is the KJV the only translation to be used? If you want to learn, get answers, and be able to defend the faith, CERM is your place....

Outlook Icon in System Tray
When I exit Outlook 2003 the icon remains in the system tray. It's non-functioning because if I click Open Outlook - I get an error message that Outlook is not responding. How can I get the icon to close when I exit Outlook? Thanks, Ron Ron Madow <rmadow@mchsi.com> wrote: > When I exit Outlook 2003 the icon remains in the system tray. It's > non-functioning because if I click Open Outlook - I get an error > message that Outlook is not responding. > > How can I get the icon to close when I exit Outlook? You have some app that ties into Outlook and is keeping...

Gray out a CListCtrl item?
I noticed while writing a handler for the NM_CUSTOMDRAW notification for a CListCtrl that the NVLMCUSTOMDRAW structure passed to the handler contains an NMCUSTOMDRAW struction, which contains a member variable uItemState. Possible settings for this state include CDIS_GRAYED and CDIS_DISABLED, both of which sound a lot like what I'd like to do to the state of some of my items (in Icon View). Is there any way to set a CListCtrl item's state to be disabled or grayed? I'm currently setting the state to LVIS_CUT and the text color to gray to represent a disabled item, w...

Text wrapping button grayed out
My text wrapping button is grayed out, also the position button. I am using newly installed Word 2007. No matter what picture I select same result. I click on picture, format, arrange. If I bring up a docx document sent by somebody else these buttons then work on their document Any help appreciated. ...

Icons Shown for Attachments
I have written an icon shell extension for AXS files (bespoke format file) which is working fine through windows explorer but when the .AXS file is attached to a message in outlook 2003. The problem is down to the filename I am being passed by outlook which is always set to C:\WINDOWS\filename.AXS Even worse, outlook express 6 passes me C:\WINDOWS\.AXS This cannot be the correct location for any temporary file created by outlook as a user may not have permission to write to C:\WINDOWS. Has anybody seen this problem before? Any ideas on how to fix it? ...

double clicking icon no longer opens worksheet
Suddenly double clicking the file icon opens Excel with no worksheet and the data doesn't load (application has been used for over a year; failure to successfully open began about a week ago). We have Windows XP with Office XP. Word documents successfully open by double clicking the icon. Files can be opened using the Open command within Excel, but not through a file shortcut nor through Windows Explorer. Does anyone have any thoughts? If you are talking about a desktop icon. I just made another one by right click on desktop>new>shortcut>browse>to "C:\Program Files...

borders grayed out
I entered some rows in my spreadsheet ~below~ the main body of my spreadsheet, after a blank line. I notice now that the cell borders on these new rows are grey, the same color as cells that have no text in them, unlike the solid black column borders that my regular rows have. What did I do wrong and how can I correct this? Thanks. The borders are a light grey by default. The solid black borders have to be added manually by you. Use the borders button on the formatting toolbar to select the border style you would like to use (it's usually the one to the left of the paint can ...

Selecting ICONS for Macros in Excel 2007
Once you have customized the QUICK ACCESS TOOLBAR by adding icons to run various macros, is there a way that you can replace the icb=ons with your own icons? If yes! How? Thanks Hi, Have a read of Ron de Bruin's page on the subject. http://www.rondebruin.nl/imageqat.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4487FAB6-A626-4F94-A1B6-2BDE646CC214@microsoft.com... > Once you have customized the QUICK ACCESS TOOLBAR by adding icons to run > various macros, is there a ...

gray column
On occasion I get what feels like a crash -- in the middle of an excel session after a refresh or something I will get a 2-3 inch column of gray on the left side of my excel workbook. I can still move around, save, use the functionality, etc. but there is this gray area I can't see through. This view will remain even if I go to any workbook I have opened in this session of excel -- so its not a workbook problem per se. The only way to get rid of it is to go in and out of excel. Has anyone seen this or know what it is? Thanks, Jon In the absence of other replies ........ th...

Mailbox icons
Does anyone have a listing of the icons used by Outlook. I see one on my "sent" mail that looks like the letter "i" inside a circle, attached to an envelope. I cannot find out what it means, but a person to whom I sent an email with this symbol did not receive the email, even though my program says it was sent. Any help? I believe the "i" means you've received a read receipt on that one. Wouldn't bet my life on it thought. "Robert Faub" <bfaub@pbccc.org> wrote in message news:091d01c34f9d$6543d570$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyon...

The icons in attachment files change
I've got Outlook 2000 - When attaching a file to an email, for example, an Excel file, the icon for the file changes to one completely off base - like a solitaire icon, or something else bizarre. Recipients even see the incorrect icon and are skeptical of opening the file - even though the file extension is still correct. This problem occurs intermittently, on all file types at that particular time. This just doesn't look so good on those critical business related emails... Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks! KT ...

Word top menu script icon lingering onscreen after quitting

Excel Icons
Hi, All of my Excel files do not have the Excel icon any more, that is to say if I look in a folder, say My Documents, thee files are all there and work fine, but do not show the familiar green Excel icon, they show the icon for an application. I don't know how or why this has happened, does anyone have any ideas as to restore the status quo? Thanks, Alan. This is a Windows setting. Looks like the application has "stolen" th .xls file suffix. Open Windows File Explorer. Menu - View/Options/File Types and look fo Microsoft Excel WorkSheet (or Extension : XLS) and Edit...

Excel
Please Help! I created a document, selected Protection>Protect Sheet, then made it shared document. My problem is now the �Unprotect Sheet� selection i grayed out and I need to make some changes. I am also unable t unshare the sheet. I would appreciate any info on the issue. Thanks in advance, Ada -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Why 3 posts in 4 minutes? You have to unshare the workbook. That's the only way to change protection. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "abailey >" <<abailey.19t5an@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:abailey.19t...

Create a new Icon for email
More important than the 'lots of' !(exclamation points) people get in the course of a day. This is for a business to let a user know that a certain sort of information which MUST be read has arrived - so an associated popup like the notification for meetings and tasks would be terrific. would like to use some sort of Icon - preferrably proprietary to the business. Am needing help VERY soon. Thank you ...

How do I run outlook for the first time, to get the mail icon?
I want to set up multiple email accounts. Help menu indicates start - control panel - user accounts - mail, with a note that the mail icon will only appear after program is run first time. Basically, how do I get to see the mail icon? The mail icon should be in the control panel as soon as outlook is installed but you can go to the outlook shortcut on the Start menu, All programs, Microsoft Office to run outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips...

File Icon will not open file
Help! When you click an excel file icon, excel starts but the file does not open as expected; however if you go to file and open the worksheet will open correctly. I found the solution to this problem for Excel 2000 (Q304424). Will this solution work for 97 as well? I am using Office 97 on an XP Pro machine. Thanks Andy The fix at Q304424 will work for Exzcel 97. There could be an easier way...... Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes and note the space before the / mark). You may have to enter your full path to excel.exe....in that case surround with quotes as...

Change Desktop Envelope Icon
Since there is no "Change Icon" option in the properties window for a Windows Live Mail icon associated with a single email icon on my desktop, is there any way to change the envelope icon for that particular email. I know I can use a shortcut and change that icon, but I would rather not do it that way. ...

sort grayed out
was there, now it's not. excel 2000 ? kpg Sheet Protection turned on? Two or more sheets are "Grouped"? Do you see [group] next to the filename in the title bar? If so, to ungroup click on a sheet not in the group(white tabs indicate grouped sheets) or right-click on any tab and "Ungroup sheets". Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 18:56:54 -0500, "kpg" <ipost@thereforeiam.com> wrote: >was there, now it's not. > >excel 2000 > >? > >kpg > Protected sheet maybe? Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "kpg" ...