Go to special page in HTML help, how to change the left view in HTML help?

Hi,

Made one .chm file.

In a c++ program, launch the help file and go to the special page by
HtmlHelp(NULL,"D:\Program
files\file.chm::/help_internet.htm",HH_DISPLAY_TOPIC,0);

It worked. The right window did display the help_internet.htm, but the left
window, which has a lot of book icons in it, changed nothing.

How to change the left view at the same time?

Thank you,
Best regards,

Kelvin

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Kelvin,

> Made one .chm file.
>
> In a c++ program, launch the help file and go to the special page by
> HtmlHelp(NULL,"D:\Program
> files\file.chm::/help_internet.htm",HH_DISPLAY_TOPIC,0);
>
> It worked. The right window did display the help_internet.htm, but the left
> window, which has a lot of book icons in it, changed nothing.
> How to change the left view at the same time?

You need to configure the navigation pane so that it automatically
synchronizes with the topic displayed in the topic pane. If you're
using HTML Help Workshop, the procedure for doing this is described
here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/htmlhelp/html/vsconwin5.asp

--
Pete (Microsoft Help MVP)

0
PD.Lees (38)

Changing fonts in a text box
For some reason, I can't change to certain fonts in a text box in publisher. I am able to use these fonts in Wordart or other programs like word or ecxel. Anyone? campzemer wrote: > For some reason, I can't change to certain fonts in a text box in publisher. > I am able to use these fonts in Wordart or other programs like word or ecxel. > Anyone? What happens? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. The font reverts back to the or...

Where Do Messages Go??
If there isn't a kink in my program and it's behaving as it should, I hope someone can answer my questions. Messages disappear. Example: I e-mailed a friend, who e-mailed me back. When I answered that response, I could find no trace of it in "sent mail" or anywhere else, and the item in my inbox maintained its appearance as unread mail. If I click "mark read" it disappears altogether. I've lost several messages this way. Also I seem to be unable to drag a message from one folder to another. It gets lost in the transporter, never to be seen agai...

printing out blank pages
I just installed office word 97, when I print review everything looks good. When I print I get blank pages. Other programs are printing fine. Thank you, -- judy Which color is the text? Maybe you have run out of ink for that particular color? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "jkg" <jkg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:355376DE-9CCC-40D7-963E-C5F152D29B4D@microsoft.com... >I just installed office word 97, when I print review everything looks good. > When I print I get blank pages. Other programs are printing fine. > Tha...

Problem with Checkboxes... Help Required!!!
I have a designed a form in which users will deselect checkbox 31 if the customer has a product from a certain brand. Users can also deselect checkbox 32 if the customer has a product from another brand. (It is possible that customers will have products from both brands). On another part of the form the user has to select checkbox 41 if the total value of the customer products (from both brands) is greater than �15000. At present I have the following coding:- Private Sub CheckBox41_Click() If CheckBox41.Value = True Then Controls("CheckBox44").Enabled = True Controls("CheckBox...

Where do the Archives Go?
I cannot find the information Outlook claims to have archived for me. Yes I know how to display the archived calendar, but it's blank. Any ideas? Thanks! I use XP, and Office 2007. "6Sigma 5s No Clue" <6Sigma5sNoClue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B239B721-DCF1-4337-947D-B325D4BF0E4A@microsoft.com... >I cannot find the information Outlook claims to have archived for me. Yes I > know how to display the archived calendar, but it's blank. Any ideas? > Thanks! > > I use XP, and Office 2007. Why do you think Outook is arch...

Page Numbers #6
I would like to know if there is a way to print double side sheets and only have numbering on one side of the page that counts the sheets and not printed pages. (If I have a total of 30 pages, but I print double sided so I will only have 15 sheets of paper). So the first page whould say 1 of 15 and not 1 of 30. ...

How to change the public folder Conflict Messages
I have public folders which seem to be generating some conflicts. this is not the problem the problem is they are being sent to all in the company and i want to change this but dont know where it is i need to go to make this change cant seem to find it any where. Thanks for any help ...

Changing font size
Hi, Several users in my network face a very weared problem. They have their message format HTML as a default. When they send a message in a regular font size, it's received at the other end with font size distortions. It may select part of the message body and set it's font to a very large font. I tried even to know the size of the new font and the maximm font "36" was very small compared to it. It some times selects the time or part of the signature and perform the same thing. I tried to set the default message format to RTF and it's under testing now. Does an...

Can't change font property in Excel 2002
I have been using the following code in a procedure that puts a red "X" in a cell when you click on it. It works fine in Excel 97 / 2000 but not in Excel 2002 (Runtime error 1004: Unable to set Color property of font class). In fact it won't change any properties of the font class. Has there been a change in the newer version? All these properties still appear as available. ******************************************************************** Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Target.Value = "X" With Selection.Font ...

turn rows to repeat feature off for 1 page
I have a worksheet that is 9 pages long. At the end of the spreadhsheet, I want to discontinue the rows to repeat feature. Does anyone know how to do this? This setting is specific for each worksheet. You shouldn't need to "discontinue it" to print other sheets. On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:10:05 -0700, "soopr_teach" <soopr_teach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a worksheet that is 9 pages long. At the end of the spreadhsheet, I >want to discontinue the rows to repeat feature. Does anyone know how to do >this? ...

Change web address color in word 2007
I created a Word 2007 document with a number of web addresses in it - all in black text. I accidentally "clicked" on one of the addresses and it changed from black to purple. I cannot change it back to black!! This should be very simple - change text color! How is it done? Purple is the color applied by the Followed Hyperlink character style. It would appear that you may have redefined the Hyperlink character style (or removed it from the hyperlinks), but that doesn't stop them from displaying the Followed Hyperlink style after they've been followed. You can m...

Price/cost fields need to be able to go beyond 5 decimals.
When we receive product it comes in $ per metric ton, which we convert to $ per lb.. We sometimes receive product in millions of lbs. in one line item, when we convert from $/MT to lb./MT the limit of 5 decimal places in a currency field causes pretty lare rounding errors to occur in our extended cost. This causes our posted cost in GP to be different than what we actually pay our vendors. The ability to extend beyond 5 decimals in the currency field would solve the problem, but for now it is not possible in GP. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsof...

Multiple calendars, how to choose which one meetings go into
Hi I have 3 calendars setup in outlook XP , when someone sends me a meeting request how can i change which calendar the meeting goes into, at the moment they all go into what i guess is the default calendar which i want to change to a different one any ideas? thanks Chris You really can't change it. Outlook treats certain folders special. "Chris S" <fred@fred.com> wrote in message news:43cf7167$0$23294$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk... > Hi > > I have 3 calendars setup in outlook XP , when someone sends me a meeting > request how can i change which calend...

Calendar Help
Hi, Reminders are not popping up for meetings on my calendar. They are showing in OWA, and on my bberry but not in outlook. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. Do you have Outlook set to display the reminder? Tools > Options > Other > Advanced Options > Reminder Options Check the box that that indicates you want to display the reminder. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Steve Katz" wrote: > Hi, > > Reminders are not popping up for meetings on my calendar. They...

"Confidential" in middle of page
I have seen excel spreadsheets where "page 1" or "confidential" is written across the center of the page, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it. It looks almost like a watermark. this link shows how http://tinyurl.com/yvlly mark wielgus www.AutomateExcel.co -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Page 1 is when the sheet is in page break view the confidential is done using wordart, if you set the transparency to more than 50% and use some grey colour it will look like a watermark albeit being above the text.. If you do a google search for watermark ...

Go to page
I have a long document and need to go the certain pages without having to scroll down. How do I go to a particular page? Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0040_01CAEE07.56832EE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Press Ctrl+G to open the GoTo dialog, and enter the page number. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "richard" <rmk@wo...

Quick Find should search current view only
I have several Views that allow my users to narrow their record lists to a few thousand records each. However, when they enter a search string in quick find they get records from other users views also. Any ideas? Yes, quick find will search all of the records that the user have access to. Darren Liu Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Aug 8, 2:20 pm, wrcooke <wrco...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have several Views that allow my users to narrow their record lists to a > few thousand records each. However, when they enter a search string in quick > find they get rec...

Page Breaks
Can someone tell me how I can get the page breaks to stay checked. Is there a registry setting or group policy setting? I have searched but missed it somewhere. I like them to be on all the time. Thanks Bruce Be careful what you ask for you may just get it. Page breaks are turned on in Print Preview, or in tools, Options, view, page breaks. They can slow down Excel, particularly in macros. Inserting rows is slow (#insert) http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/slowresp.htm#insert In a macro to turn off use ActiveSheet.DisplayPageBreaks = False to turn on use ActiveSh...

Skip header on first page?
I have a multi page printout of a worksheet where I do not want the header to print on the first page. I know that in WORD there is a way to specify non-printing of headers and footers on the first page since it may be a title page or cover sheet. Is it possible to do the same in Excel? Hi Fred With code you can do it http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Header -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Fred615" <Fred615@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8FF30A8-5124-43E3-AE76-E2987D83A261@microsoft.com... >I have a multi page printout...

Here we go again
Well, once again CashEdge is not connecting/syncing with Money and MSN Money. I guess I won't run right out to buy Money 2007. Even if the software were an improvement over M06, it cannot be any better than the weakest link in the sync chain. A known problem, David -- and not unique to the version of Money. Look at http://moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.asp -- Michael Gordon MVP "David Haynes" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:eNopg0UzGHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Well, once again CashEdge is not connecting/syncing with Money and MSN ...

combine different half-page sheets onto one
i've been trying to avoid wasting a crapload of paper. basically, i have 25 different half sheet postcards...and for now all i need is one of each. i don't know how to print page 1 and 2 onto one page and make it print correctly. any ideas? I'm assuming they are all in the same file, i.e., 25 pages. You could experiment with the booklet settings utilizing the printer tablet option. Another way, a bit ugly; Print the first 12 - 13, rotate the paper 180� and before printing the remaining 12 - 13 rotate the cards and then run the paper through the printer again. Don Vancouv...

how can I replace my home page with another
After I save my web site to the E or F drive I get the home page just fine. But when I click on one of the categories linking to another page on the web site I get the following error message: ________________________________________ Server error: there is no page with URL ‘america_spa_chart_NEW.htm’ in this web _________________________________________ how can I copy the entire website to the flash drive and then be able to open it later to edit? -- gerie Publish the site. Open the original site in FrontPage (File->Open Site or File->Open Web) File->Publish ...

Not all emails going out??
For the last week or so, send few, my emails have not been going out, or not going out to all parties I access from my address book. Just tested by sending one to myself...went fine. Sent second to a single party and cc myself. Did not receive my cc in outlook, but it did show up in my iphone. Tried a third to a group of people...through a single address book contact, and nothing happened. I am strictkly novice, but have not had this problem before. Any ideas??? -- Thanx! Wilson Kobel;110315 Wrote: > For the last week or so, send few, my emails have not been going...

If Public Folders are going away..
What would be the best/simplest solution for a user requesting a group calendar to be used within Outlook. Ordinarily i would advise them to create a calendar within the Public Folders hierarchy and then assign access rights to anyone who needs it. I understand though that Public Folders will be history with the next release of Exchange. The only thing i can think of is to create a new mailbox, share the calendar, and then walk users through adding it to their Outlook folder list. I suspect this isn't the best way though. Any recommendations out there? All clients are running ...

Scanning E-mail for Certain words & changing the background
Hello, I have been asked to write a macro for Outlook that will scan an e-mail for select words such as Voluntary, Surrender, etc. and then change the background (highlight) those words found in an e-mail. I have used VBA in Excel and Access but not in Outlook. I looked through all 43 pages on the site and could not find a post to help. Probably looked right past several. Anyway, any help would be appreciated. thanks, -- rhutch In what version of Outlook? Highlight those words in an open message? In the reading pane? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Micr...